Start by marking “Forførende Paris” as Want to Read:
Forførende Paris

Forførende Paris

(Love Detective #2)

Lad kærlighedens by kapre dit hjerte.

Da Ruby Millers nye kæreste, Jack, brænder hende af i lufthavnen, tørrer hun tårerne væk, hopper på et Eurostar-tog og sætter kurs mod Paris. Hun tror, hun tager dertil for at besøge en gammel veninde og tage en lang pause fra romantikken. Men kærlighedens by har andre planer med hende. En aflåst lejlighed, hvor tiden står stille, et
Hardcover, 1. udgave 1. oplag, 391 pages
Published November 4th 2016 by NB Books (first published July 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Forførende Paris, please sign up.
Alexandra I LOVE Paris and have spent a lot of time there. When I was researching my latest book, Love From Paris, I rented a small apartment and spent my days…moreI LOVE Paris and have spent a lot of time there. When I was researching my latest book, Love From Paris, I rented a small apartment and spent my days getting lost in the maze of streets, breathing in the atmosphere and trying to walk in the footsteps of my main characters, Ruby and Emmanuelle. Paris is just so romantic and there are so many famous sights to see, but I focused on the smaller moments you experience, the undiscovered parts of Paris, the unique discoveries.
(less)

Start your review of Forførende Paris
Alexandra
Sep 24, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's a little difficult to review a novel that you actually wrote, but I will say that this is the book that I am most proudest. The story is set in Paris and whereas half the novel is written in the modern day, the other half is set in Paris before the outbreak of the Second World War. I did a lot of research on this time period and travelled to Paris several times where I rented an apartment and soaked up the city and its secrets. I wanted to really experience this City of Love so that I ...more
.phoebe.
She has done it again.
Ivy
May 04, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-to-read
OH MY GOD.

I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS.

I LOVED THE LOVE DETECTIVE.

WELL, I LOVE EVERYTHING ALEXANDRA POTTER WRITES. SO REALLY, I JUST KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS BOOK AS WELL.

ALSO, LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COVER. :O

Beth White
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom-com, romance, mystery
This was one of my favourite reads of the year. Within the first few lines of the book I was already relating to the character. Within the first page I was grinning. By the second I was laughing out loud! As the book continued, the genre shifted from comedic to emotional to mysterious and back again. By the end of the book I was so enveloped in the story that I couldn’t put the book down and ended up almost in tears at the conclusion of the story. The general genre of this book would fall under ...more
Beatrice
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Romance is not my favorite genre but I did enjoy some dialogues and I liked the ending. A bit predictable, but funny and romantic.
Thebooktrail
There’s nothing quite like a Potter around Paris!
Visit the locations here: a href="http://www.thebooktrail.com/book-trai... Paris booktrail

Ah Paris the city of love. A locked apartment where time has stood still and a bunch of letter unopened – well where else could they be part from the city of love?

Old Paris

Old Paris comes alive. Harriet, Ruby’s friend works for a major auction house and it’s her job to try and trace this lady’s ancestors and find out who the apartment and estate now belong
Marija *There's No Poetry In My Soul, Just A List Of Lies I've Told*
My poor heart cannot survive this....
Kat (from Minas Morgul)
Silly me didn’t realize that this wasn’t a stand alone as I first thought, but the second book in a series! But this really wasn’t too bad, because everything important was explained again or was completely new. I also bought this booc without nowing what it is about. I just read the title and looked at the cover and I knew I needed it and I didn’t regret it. This is my first of Alexandra Potter’s books but I loved it and I want to read all the others.
To be honest, I liked everything about this
Alexandra Nunney
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realise this was a sequel until about halfway through when I searched it on Goodreads and I didn't at any point feel like there was information I was missing out on that was important to the story so this can certainly be fully enjoyed without having read the prequel.
This was a charming story without some of the annoying aspects of other books of this genre and really brought back many happy memories of my visits to Paris. The descriptive writing was excellent and really brought the
Bookevin
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captures the beauty of Paris and its splendour.

Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/2015/1...

An Alexandra Potter book is definitely a highlight of my year and an absolute treat to feed my hopelessly romantic soul. I read quite a number of them and I keep discovering how much of an amazing writer she is and how her stories are magical and wonderful.
Nadia
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is the second Alexandra Potter book I've read & continues Ruby (& Jack's) story. Loved, loved, loved it! Again found Ruby to be such a great lead character. I really like it when I can relate to the main character, which is the case with Ruby - I also read the last few sentences of every book before starting. ;) I've been to Paris once before & can't wait to go again so that I can relive this wonderful book in the city of love & lights!
FinneyJune
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great novel again! I'm so lovin it. & of course I love all Alexandra Potter's novels! Yayyy
Jessie (thatchickwithabook)
2.5 stars. A very lacklustre follow-up to The Love Detective. I skim-read the last 100 pages because I just couldn’t stay focused.
readwith_us
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot : 4 stars
Characters : 4,75 stars
Writing : 4 stars
Plot twist : 3 stars
Ending : 5 stars
Everything : 4 stars

I did enjoy this second book in a Love Detective series a lot but I can't give it 5 stars like I did with the first book.I enjoyed the first book more but I will say that I like the story behind this second book a lot more.I feel like if I read this book during summer I'd give it maybe 5 stars but for now it's going to be 4 stars.Somehow I had trouble connecting with the characters,I
Beth
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Alexandra Potter’s books, and Love From Paris did not disappoint! Ruby Miller was an awesome character, and it’s so fun that she takes her dog Heathcliffe along with her on this adventure to Paris.
The story starts with Ruby wanting an escape from a bitter disappointment, but quickly turns into a mystery involving an abandoned apartment, a bundle of love letters, and a case for the Love Detective herself! Alexandra Potters’ description of that apartment in Paris was so real I felt like I
Kristina
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the end, I'm kind of disappointed. The whole story was quite good and I really enjoyed it, but there were some points that making me nuts. For example, the whole book Ruby is suffering because of the Jack and I think he just isn't for her. I found him a liar and he's talking nonsense. At the other hand, I understood the fact she reacts but Xavier was better. He carried Ruby and he was her right hand. I hoped that she would realise that until the and, but of course she didn't.
But, I'll give 4
Plum-crazy
To be fair I've been pretty much off chick-lit of late but have always enjoyed Alexandra Potter in the past. I was bit dubious throughout the first chapter, it just seemed to be trying too hard to be funny - & failing IMHO- & Ruby was just so damned annoying. The Love List finished me off, albeit temporarily. I put it down for a couple of hours & re-started it but found myself skimming so much of it I thought what is the point...

Packed in at page 36, end of chapter 3.
Jo
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author. It idls the second in a series but I hadn't read the first but it still worked well as a stand alone novel. It started put as your standard chick lit fare but soon the background love story emerges and the book takes on a more serious and heartfelt theme. Really enjoyed this book and I will be reading more by this author.
Karen Whittard
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MUST READ
Once in a while in the middle of an ordinary day love gives you a fairytale. I feel honoured to have read this book. It is truly a special rare find of a book. I absolutely love romantic stories that are different from the rest, ones that speak softly to your heart and make you cry from beautiful happiness, ones that show you that true loves does exist if we only look hard enough. I believe this is one of those stories. A must read for every body out there who believes in fairy tales
Bookread2day
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Alexandra Potter excellent author

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every page. Alexandra Potter has the ability to write a touching love story. What I found is that the story so funny in places throughout this witty eternally romantic novel. The funny parts just seem to flow. Alexandra Potter doesn’t have to work hard to make Ruby her character funny it seems a gift that comes to Alexandra naturally to make her readers laugh.

Falling in love is a scary business. Ruby fell in love with Jack even
Andrea Kecskésová
Alexandra Potter at her best!
Love from Paris is definitely Alexandra Potters best novel yet. The protagonist, Ruby Miller may be well-known for readers who have read The love detective. She is funny, smart and actually in love with Jack, the american man she has met in India.
At the beginning of the story I have laughed so hard so many times, because I have found myself in Rubys character and as the story continues in Paris, I felt quite curious about the mystery she wants to solve. I enjoyed the
Hannah T
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love from Paris is the book I’ve been looking forward to read ever since it was announced to be published. I was so excited when I know the adventure of Ruby Miller will continue. Just like The Love Detective, this book is also amazing. Paris have always been one of the places I want to visit and this book make me fall in love with Paris even more.

Thoughts on the book, it’s just amazing and I really enjoy reading it. I wish it never end. The love story of Emmanuelle and Henry touch my heart.

On
Tracey
Have loved every minute of reading this book . I have read it in one sitting and enjoyed retracing my steps in Paris through the pages of this book.
Ruby , xavier and jack are great characters.
But the thing I liked most was the ending , it ended how I wanted. I was so hopeful ruby ended up with the right person , and Alexandra Potter made me happy this. As the words on the cover say , the city of love captured my heart yet again.
Kimberley
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect ending to a fantastic story. Hats off to Alexandra Potter! I smiled, cried, laughed and loved every part of this book. Having visited Paris myself this summer I could envision myself as Ruby wandering the streets of Paris and crossing the love lock bridges. Another fantastic read from Potter! Highly recommended for anyone who loves a good romantic story with some hilarity along the way.
Mandy Baggot
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this warmhearted romantic comedy. Ruby heads to Paris a little heartbroken but looking to spend some quality time with her best friend. When she gets there she falls in love with the magic of the French capital and unlocks a romantic mystery spanning decades. Funny, lovely feel-good reading!
Anita
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Amazing. At first, I thought this would be a typical chick flick type novel, but it's so much more than that, it's such a beautifully told story, I really enjoyed this.
Donna  Reiter Brandwein
Adorable. I read it in Paris so I was especially touched by her splendid use of its unique city locations as part of the plot.
Natalia Mäekivi
Jun 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reads
I read it during my summer vacation last year. Even though I didn't expect much from it, other than being an easy relaxing read to take to the beach, the book was rather disappointing (not going to comment on the unrealistic plot, which could have barely been different considering the whole apartment ghost thing). First of all, the author has clearly never been to Paris. Otherwise, it would have been clear to her that Parisian women do not casually wear little black dresses accompanied by ...more
Mien212
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!!! I really love every details that the author portrayed in the book! It feels like I'm the one in Paris! Just like Ruby, I'm also anticipating to read the love letters. The letters really makes me feel the love between Henry and Manu. And I feel like I'm the one in the cloud nine. Well, sometimes I do feel kind of creepy in the scene where Ruby heard the song in the apartment where she thought she was just dreaming (is she? I don't think so). Oh yes! suddenly I remember that ...more
Christine Hue-Arcé
This book was truly perfect. Magical. I'm a bit (alright, let's say totally) partial to books set in the present with flashbacks in the past (I don't know if it's the romantic me, or the historian me, or perhaps a bit of both of them, that makes me so partial to that kind of stories). And I'm even more partial when these flashbacks are in an epistolary form. So, this partiality + my usual liking of Alexandra Potter's writing were sure to be a good choice for me.
But it was more than a good
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Letters from Lighthouse Cottage
  • Seras-tu là?
  • Friends, Lovers and Other Indiscretions
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Resisting Roots
  • The Time of Our Lives
  • The Little Flower Shop by the Sea
  • Command Performance (Cordina's Royal Family #2)
  • Affaire Royale (Cordina's Royal Family #1)
  • Blackberry Winter
  • Ќерката на дрвосечачот
  • Dreaming in Chocolate
  • An Offer You Can't Refuse
  • A Winter Beneath the Stars
  • Ženski razgovori
  • The Single Girl's To-Do List
  • Summer's Lease (The Shakespeare Sisters, #1)
  • A Night in With Audrey Hepburn (Libby Lomax, #1)
Alexandra Potter is the best-selling author of twelve novels, including Me and Mr Darcy, which won Best New Fiction Award at the Jane Austen Regency World Awards, Love From Paris which was shortlisted for the RNA Comedy Award and her latest, Confessions of a Forty-something F##k Up.
Hailed by The Times as ‘A winning formula… sharply written, pacey and funny’ her books have been translated into

Love Detective (2 books)
  • The Love Detective (Love Detective, #1)
“I always thought falling in love was hard, but now I realize that was the easy bit. It’s staying in love that‘s the hard part.” 3 likes
“Is that how you’re supposed to find your soulmate and fall in love these days? By flirting in 140 character tweets and stalking each other’s social media pages?” 3 likes