Start by marking “Seeking Catherine” as Want to Read:

(Seeking Series #1)

Librarian Note: Alternate Cover Edition for ASIN: B009PSQ4QW.

Bargained away to a brothel, she is beyond hope, beyond rescue…but not beyond the reach of the one man who can save her.

He’s hurt her in the past. Can she trust her heart to him again?
During an age of chivalry they were sweethearts, planning a future together in England.

Headstrong and proud, Catherine Sudfield re
Published October 11th 2012 by Josie Riviera

To ask other readers questions about Seeking Catherine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking Catherine

Elizabeth
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: Josie Riviera
This was a great one sitting read that will have you glued to your seat, and trying to read faster to see what is going to happen next. Very well written and the character well developed. Catherine thinks her life will be in a brothel and never be free. I really enjoyed this novella and the author grabbed me right at the start and I was hooked.
I was given a complimentary copy , but was not told that I had to give a positive review.
SOMDReigel
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A one sitting read (54 pages) and very enjoyable. A historical romance set in a brothel in 1544 London. It’s a fast paced story that keeps you reading to find out what will happen next. I loved the banter between Catherine and Stefan. Very well written and I liked the characters. A full story which I don’t often find in a short story. You feel the emotions from the misfortune and despair to forgiveness and hope with a HEA. My first time reading a book by Josie Riviera and will check out her othe ...more
Katrina Fankhauser
Seeking Catherine by Josie Riviera
Seeking Catherine was an ‘I can’t put down’ must read book. The historical setting was realistic and I imagine, that brothels of that time were like the descriptions that Riviera gave. This story was incredible and held my attention all the way through. This novella should interest any reader who loves romance and happy endings. It took very little time to read, but gave a longer novel’s full story experience.
Catherine was loveable and loyal to her family. Thi
Sieravonne
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
I find it disgusting that a guy will insinuate or insult a woman first then compliment her. It's like mild masochism---he will beat her first (insinuate/insult) then apologize with words and sex (compliment).

Lastly, it was so irritating that Steffan had already solved Catherine's dilemma but didn't divulge it immediately and tormented her by asking her painful questions.
Gail
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! I loved every minute of it! A fast paced well written story that keeps you reading to see what will happen next. I loved the banter between Catherine and Stefan.
A very enjoyable short story romance. This was my first time reading Josie Riviera's books but it will not be my last. Looking forward to reading many more of her books!
bibliolatry
This book was very odd because there wasn't a plot. The entire book was a conversation that took place in a brothel. I've never read anything like this before.

I realize romance novels are not realistic, but the heroine went from hating to loving the hero in less that two minutes.

Very disappointing!
Virginia Lee Boylan
I liked this story's premise, but it was too short. I wanted more insights into the heroine's life, and really needed much more information on the hero. His motivations seemed contrived and her sudden change of mind had too little foundation.
Jason Duby
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An old romance that flares back up after several years…this event happens no matter what time period you might find yourself in. No matter if you’re in the 21st century or in 16th century London, old wounds of a failed relationship don’t heal easily or quickly…if at all. Catherine certainly has some wounds of the romantic variety, as well as finding herself working in the brothel of Sir Thomas Windchoice out of necessity. Life is not what she thought it would be, and the last thing she wants is ...more
Julie Barrett
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seeking Catherine by Josie Riviera
Got this book free on kindle site, enjoyed other works by the author.
This one starts with table of contents, praise and awards and reader reviews.
Start out in London 1544 and the thing I really liked was learning new words and what they meant. I rarely read from this time period.
Catherine is in charge of the books at the brothel and we learn of her past and her relatives. She is only there to protect her younger sister.
Sir Thomas is her man, he owns her. She is
Julia David
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good story, but short. Catherine was sold to a man by her uncle to pay a debt. If Catherine didn't cooperate, her sister would be sold too. Stefan left to seek his fortune and better his life, but left Catherine behind to wonder what happened. They had been in love and Catherine thought it would be forever. But he had left, she had no idea where he was or when he would be back. One day Stefan shows up at the brothel where Catherine has been kept and she knows it is too late for her, for them. ...more
Dorothy Roller
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another wonderful and short story that takes place in the 1500’s. Another gypsy/English man and a woman in need of help and one he has always loved.
She is put in a very unpleasurable and unexpected circumstances that keeps her captive as she is. Our heroine was sold to a very horrible man by her uncle and she is stuck there in a brothel.
Our gypsy hero comes to get her back and rescue her from him and take her as his wife back to his to his home as he is now a lord and one of the wealthie
Caroline
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Different short story

Catherine’s and Stephan’s stories unfold as they banter, he wanting to rescue her, she disbelieving of his actions. Seemingly forgotten promises and forgiveness are featured.
*Spoiler warning: I gave 2 stars, as I didn’t care for the sensual aspect (I don’t care to read reviews with spoilers, so was unaware of what to expect) and also disappointment that after all was resolved between them, Stephan bedded Catherine in a brothel bed. Eww. In a perfect world, he would have pro
Rocky
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catherine and Stefan

After Stefan left her without a word five years earlier, Catherine's uncle sold her to a brothel owner. Now, Stefan has come back and wants Catherine to leave with him. However, she is afraid of the brothel owner and tells Stefan to be on his way.

Will Stefan leave her, again, or will the love they had for each other be the sword to sever the chains of enslavement that Catherine is bound by?
J Young
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful historical short Romance about Catherine and Stefan; two young lovers separated in their youth. When Stefan finally finds Catherine she has been sold into a London brothel and he has become a lord. Katherine must forgive him for leaving her if they have a chance of a future together.

This is a beautiful, clean historical romance novella by Josie Riviera that will be enjoyed by historical romance lovers. My only complaint is that I wish it were a full-length book.
Roslyn Stillman
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick and surprising novella. It is the first of Ms Riveria’s that I have read and enjoyed it. Although it was set in a brothel there was no sex in it, which is lovely for this reviewer. I wasn’t sure if l liked the hero in the beginning but he grew on my as the story progressed. The heroine has a lot of pain and heartache to deal with and it was well portrayed in the book. I enjoyed this as a start and look forward to reading more.
Judy Esposito
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seeking Catherine!

I was looking for an easy, entertaining novella and knowing this Author writes satisfying novellas, I settled down to be entertained for a few hours. I like the characters, the story and even though it was a novella, it had a good beginning, an interesting middle and a satisfying ending. Left this reader happy. JudyE
Zena
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you believe that your first love is the strongest and most enduring, then this is the story for you.
It is a short and beautifully written story with tons of entertaining detail which I enjoyed thoroughly and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Jackie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful love story. Being auctioned to a brothel isn’t the best way to live. Can the one man who broke her heart save her.
Catherine
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

New author to me and I must say I am liking this story. Any story that has my name in it is a great story lol and u will read it! Now off to read more by Josie Riviera
Karen
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book on Instafreebie for an honest review.
A good, very short story on second chances, acceptance & a little Romney magic.
Would be interested in author's other works.
Queen Talk Talk
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gypsy magic indeed

This short story is set in a brothel but has very mild sexy times. True love acknowledges the past while moving toward the future.
Sally Stackhouse
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a nicely written short story (84 pages). Personally I think the story could have been expanded in to a full length novel.
Treasa
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Fast read. HEA romance.
Sally Hannoush
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A short one sitting read. It is a Historical Romance where two people find each other again. It was good but short, I'd like more. Recipe included.
Kathy Brickert
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

But way to short! It seemed to only get started and it was over. I did l I keep the plot, but defiantly needs to be fleshed out. Good read otherwise!
Jhommie Kem-ing
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is short but definitely entertaining. Gypsy magic or not.. I'm sure everyone will enjoy this quick listen.

The narration by Tessa Petersen is also good.
Lillian Cummings
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Are you beyond help? Catherine knows that her life will be forever locked in this brothel and that she will never be free. Stefan has looked for her for so long but now that he has found her, will she ever forgive him for leaving her? Catherine can't understand why he has come back he hurt her badly and she can't ever trust him again. Stefan will do anything to get her away from this life as he needs her to be wife. He has never stopped loving her, she is what kept him alive in the prison. Cathe ...more
BooksForHope
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I've read many historical romances, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this short story. With that being said, I certainly enjoyed it. A quick read at only 54 pages, it wasn't lacking for a storyline. I would have liked a little more background on Catherine and Stefan, leading up to where they meet again. But what was present was very well written and quite engaging. I'll certainly read more by this author.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Mermarie
Mar 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
..No.
Shannon
Jan 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA TODAY bestselling author Josie Riviera writes contemporary, inspirational, and historical sweet romances. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable shih tzu, who constantly needs grooming, and live in an old house forever needing renovations.

Send her an email at: josieriviera@aol.com

Visit her website and sign up for her

Seeking Series (3 books)