Start by marking “Frost Dragon (Top Scale Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Frost Dragon (Top Scale Academy, #1)

Frost Dragon

(Top Scale Academy #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  304 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Dragon shifter Asher Owens has just been accepted to the prestigious Top Scale Academy. In a world where shifters are not born with the instinctual grace of their animals, it is a supreme honor. There he will learn how to fly gracefully, fight with his animal, and of course, how to use his breath weapon. If he passes, he could even become a Guardian, a protector of Cadia, ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 216 pages
Published October 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Frost Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frost Dragon

Coral
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Plot: 4/5 (simple & straightforward)
Characterisation: 3/5 (a lack of depth, probably because it was too short and a bit immature)
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 4/5
Jan Janus
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not quite sure what to think on this book, its a little on the boring side and the best parts come at the end. I hope when the next one comes out it touches more on the first one and continues a story line
Davinia
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
It had potential, but it was just not quite there.

It felt too immature (teenage almost) but seeing as the parental figures of the hero were really nagging him about grandchildren, they couldn't be THAT young. (view spoiler)

And the end... she was just ok with that? just like
Vickie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There be dragons here!

Amelia Jade has managed to hook me in to the story from the beginning. Apparently Quinn has snuck into Cadia, a shifter only area where humans are forbidden. With the intent to photograph some shifters in order to win most contest.uh huh little did she know that she was never returning home. Asher has the chance of a lifetime.when he is invited to the Top scale academy. Will he risk it all for Quinn, an illegal immigrant the a human?
Betty
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Frost Dragon Top Scale Academy Book 1 By AMELIA JADE

AMELIA JADE continues to bring her wonderful characters to life with plenty of action and heartwarming moments to enjoy. I ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND YOU PICK UP but I'm recommending everybody check out her BOOK SET OF THEM!!👏👏👏👏🔟🔟🔟🔟🍵📖😘💟💝💑💞😍
Cindy
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I loved this book.. I couldn't put it down.. it's 1.30 am and I could keep reading more of Amelia Jade's books. But of course it can't happen right now.. sleep is calling my name..
Claudia Rosa
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charming! Adventure and sweet romance! Great end!
In my optinion the book would be even better with less/without swearing!

Surpreendente! A estória é ótima, interessante, com muita aventura, ação e romance.
Na minha opinião a leitura seria mais agradável sem os palavrões e xingamentos!
Kimberly
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 1...

The frost Dragon breaks the rules many times and gets into a high-ranking academy. His mate breaks the rules too and gets a new Dragon husband :/ Overall it was an okay read but I wasn't impressed with the writing, unfortunately.
Nesie
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick read, but lots of fun. Loved how in this mythology it's not easy to learn how to be your shifter self. Feels believable. Definitely digging into the rest of the series.
Shako
A cool read, very preditable, but does nt hold u long or tight with the storyline...
Dee
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW

Excitement, suspense, courage and love are present from beginning to end. The story line was great and it kept me glued to my e-book nonstop.
Mandy Faktor
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Dragons

A quick read good for a rainy afternoon. Nice book with a few mistakes where the location changes and you have to go back and chalk it up to thought change mid scene.
Sandie Mumford
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful!

I really enjoyed this story and it's unique take on shifters. And the Acadamy was quite special! Thank you Amelia Jade.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Frost Dragon introduces us to a slightly different Shifter lore. In this world Shifters have their own territory where all Shifters, of any type, live, work and protect their citizens and their borders. There are two large cities in this area, Cadia the largest, and the somewhat rival Fenris the second largest city. The two sides do not see eye to eye on much of anything and there is tension and more between them. Humans are strongly discouraged from crossing the border
Maria
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Start to this Series! What a nice story! Asher and Quinn were a very likeable pair. Individually, they are strong. Asher is a a dragon Shifter who is awkward and not graceful at all. He is a Frost Dragon! When he ventures out of his area he is spotted and forcefully confronted by a Guardian who questions him. He feels frustrated and even embarrassed. He returns home and the next day he is confronted again, but by a legendary Dragon Shifter who tells him to be at their training area by 8:00 ...more
Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence)
The book was pretty good. The concept was an intriguing idea. And I liked the characters, but I couldn't help fee like the characters were a little too young, or not mature enough to have their HEA happen so quickly.
Brandi Antich
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF I just couldn't get into this at all. The H/h seemed like teenagers in an adults body. They just seemed too young, I don't want to say immature, just not equalling out to the age that the author was trying to portray them as being. I might give this author another chance in the future.
Rochelle
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book*

Frost Dragon(Top Scale Academy #1) by Amelia Jade

Asher is a shifter, and has been accepted into a prestigious top scale academy, where he will learn how to fly gracefully with his animal, fight, and use his breath weapon. That's if he passes without been thrown out. He could then become a Guardian, a protector and of his home.

Quinn Bryant knew she shouldn't have entered shifter territory, but taking pictures of shifters interacting wit
Amanda
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am an ARC Reader and enjoy getting to tell people what j think about books and I'll tell you this change that Amelia Jade made with a new series is amazing. Zander is a Frost Dragon trying to find himself and learn to control his dragon. He get an offer to join Top Scales Academy and learn all the skills he can about his dragon. Quinn has snuck into Cadia looking for to get a photo for the Natural Wildlife contest. Stumbling onto Zander she tell him a lie about why she's there and he offers to ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Slinking into shifter territory to get a couple of photos of the "animals in their own habitat", Quinn narrowly escapes detection, which would have meant certain death. Then a voice responds to her mumbled exclamation, and a handsome naked figure appeared out of the mist.
That's enough of a taste of what this book is like. I hate giving too much away, but if you have read any of Amelia Jade's shifter books, you know the men are always hunky, the women fiesty and the background story line, enthral
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cold As Ice Willing to Sacrifice For Our Love

This is a different type of book than Amelia has written before and I really enjoyed it. The book deals with a twist in the shifter genre. These shifter keep to themselves and live intermingled with other species of shifters even though the humans know about them. Another difference is they are not in sync with their animal self and they are not born knowing how to be a shifter.

Asher and Quinn are the new it couple. Looking forward to reading more abo
Christina Bowling
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting story that I enjoyed. It was different from the author's usual books, as far as the world it was set in, but still the same great writing that I'm familiar with. I loved Asher. He was a great male lead, and I really liked how he was with Quinn. Quinn was awesome, and a strong female lead. They were perfect mates for each other, and I enjoyed following their story as they dealt with everything, and definitely seeing them get their HEA. It was a good start to a new se ...more
L M
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very interesting dragon tale with a totally different slant.
Dragons needing to be trained to be a true dragon. A chance at attending an elite academy.
A really different world of shifters and humans is bought to us in this book.
Not quite sure what the ages were of Quinn and Asher but I sometimes felt they were young. Quinn's reasons for trespassing across the border were wrong, but she knew no better about shifters due to human ignorance.
I hope Daxxton gets his book one day, there is a real s
Angie Thompson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

I really liked this series. I am looking forward to reading more about the academy.
Asher was really sweet and I love that he was just learning to be a dragon. Most shifter books give us fierce shifters already knowing how to fight like warriors. Well now we get the making of a warrior.
Quinn and asher were great together and maybe in future books we will see baby dragons for them.
Judith
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frost Dragon

Asher is the frost dragon who has trouble flying. Quinn is a blogger who comes to Cadia to take a once-in-a-lifetime photo of one of the shifters in that city. At first she lies to Quinn and tells him she is trying to find her mother. Always remember it is much easier to tell the truth in the beginning. Great story
D Thomas
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frost Dragon (A Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance) (Top Scale Academy Book 1)
by Amelia Jade

Great beginning to a new series.

Love the new world that this story takes place in.

The characters are great and the story-line was fun and intriguing.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Esther Cotton
Dec 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Awkward writing

I really wanted to like this book. I was so excited when I read the synopsis. Unfortunately, the awkward writing and juvenile tone of the characters made it so that I couldn't continue. Stopped reading around 16%. Not enough conflict, passion, character, personality, or intrigue in the beginning.
Dmcl
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good beginning

Amelia Jade delights us once again with a new shifter series, Top Scale Academy. Like her previous series, it if full of fierce women, delicious shifters and plenty of misunderstandings and trouble. It all resolves satisfactorily and leaves the reader anxious to read the next installment. I look forward to a long series.
Missi Mullins
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As with all Amelia Jade books I didn't want to stop reading. I love her characters and how she brings them to life in your mind.
Katrina
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5*
Cute, easy , undemanding read
Amelia Jade loves to write the stories of tall, growly shifter men and the women who come to love them. Living out in the back-country near the mountains, she keeps her own alpha male close by, to keep the bears away and keep her warm. In her down time (which is rare), she loves to read science-fiction with a dash of fantasy. You can often find her curled up in front of the real wood-burning firep ...more

Top Scale Academy (3 books)
  • Fire Dragon (Top Scale Academy, #2)
  • Electro Dragon (Top Scale Academy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
  • Arabella
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99