Start by marking “Sunshine and Rain (City Limits, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sunshine and Rain (City Limits, #2)

Sunshine and Rain (City Limits #2)

Welcome to Wynne, population 3402.

No rockstars. No major politicians. No media moguls.

Things don’t change quickly in a small town, except when they do. It’s been pouring rain all summer long, and the disc jockey and local farmer are all of the sudden attached at the hip. It’s not only the rising river getting deeper and deeper.

This is your basic water tower painting, trac
268 pages
Published October 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sunshine and Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunshine and Rain

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 02, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-boyfriends
4.5 STARS

description

I simply adored the backstory about how the hero as a seventh grade boy had such a massive crush on the heroine a cheerleader/high school senior. The five year age difference as children was too great for Sunny Wilbanks to have taken sweet Rhett Caraway and his grand gestures seriously.

”Gross! He was in seventh grade. I was a senior. Come on, dude. That’s not cool.”

description

In the present, Sunny Wilbanks is surrounded by all her friends settling down while she’s still trying to find Mr. Righ
Barbara➰
Ten years ago a 13 year old boy thought he was in love. He followed the 18 year old cheerleader around, bought her gifts and declared his love. When it was time for her to go to college, she let him down easy and told him one day he’d find the one he was meant to be with. Now, that 13 year old boy is a man and he’s come back to town. He’s not the same boy and she’s not the same girl. Now they’re adults. Were they always meant to be?

Rhett was an amazing hero. He was very mature for 23. He thought
Give Me Books
Nov 10, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
The first thing you should probably know is that there’s not a lot of angst here. If you’re looking for something to twist your heart up and shake it around until you don’t even know what you’re feeling anymore – turn yourself around and go pick up Bait. You won’t find that kind of gut-wrenching angst here.

Instead you’ll find a sweet slow burn that just gets brighter and hotter as the book goes on. An adorable – no, I mean adorable back story that may cause you to grin unabashedly like a crazy
Loz
Nov 13, 2016 Loz rated it really liked it
cute, lighthearted and sweet. every now and then you need one of these romances. i loved the first book and i am so glad this was just as good. loved the premise of this story. ever since rhett was 13 years old he has held a special kind of love for sunny wilbanks but with a 5 year age difference it just didn't happen for him. he gave her gifts, sent her flowers, wrote his feelings on the town water tower but she went off to college and he had to go on with his life. it was actually real sweet. ...more
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
oh my heavenly hero .. what sweet sexy creative juices must've helped this author when she gave life to Rhett . What an adorable , sweet sexy man. What started out as a one sided crush in his childhood later became the love story that we all hope for. While this doesn't fit our safety standards of nobody after meeting ,you absolutely can not blame either character because he was 13 and she was 18. She left him after patiently guiding him to move on. She felt absolutely zero romantic feelings for ...more
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

description

If you love small town romance novels you don’t want to miss this one. Once again, this author made me fell in love with the small town and these fantastic characters from the very beginning. “Sunshine and Rain” was another wonderful read by M. Mabie and a great addition to this series. Like the previous installment in the series, this second installment was sweet, fun, swoony and low in angst and drama and overall a pretty gipping feel good story.

“I wanted to feel that rush of excitement whe
Quirky Omega
Interesting premise - check

2) plot - check
Characters - so sweet and heartwarming - check
Writing - check

Did I love reading the book - check check check!
Libby Harrison
I hadn’t realised the H was so much younger than the h – this is not normally my thing as I genuinely believe (on the whole) guys mature slower than girls. But aside from the 5 year age difference I DNF'd because I just couldn't get into the story

April Symes
This is book 2 in this City Limits series. Started first with Roots and Wings and now we have Sunshine and Rain. In this story, we have Sunny and Rhett. They knew each other we find out before this story even begin. They have some serious history We find out their history as the author sprinkles their back story out throughout the book. I was hooked immediately from the beginning for their story was intriguing and emotional.
Rhett fell in love with Sunny way back in middle school but she was a b
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Jan 08, 2017 Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

"Sunny loves Rhett"
Sabe quando você pega um livro qualquer na biblioteca e sai no lucro? Foi isso que aconteceu com esse daqui, cuja sinopse nem revela muito do que esperar da história.
Esse foi o primeiro livro da autora que li e além de achar adorável pela simplicidade, já nas primeiras linhas me conquistou por abordar um dos meus fetiches literários, romance com a mulher mais velha que o mocinho! <3

Anos atrás Sunny tinha como seu maior admirador um garoto 5 anos mais novo, o Rhett. Ele se
Amy
Nov 05, 2016 Amy rated it liked it
3.5*
Rhett Caraway has been in love with Sunny Wilbanks since he was a boy....the only problem being that Sunny is five years older than Rhett. Rhett has returned to Wynne after finishing college and is working on his family farm, which is right where he wants to be. He has no intentions of going after Sunny, having been let down by her many times (albeit gently, and due to their age gap). Sunny last saw Rhett nearly ten years ago, when she left for college (and when he left for college). At firs
Jeannine
Nov 19, 2016 Jeannine rated it really liked it
This one was so sweet! It's nice to read a book that isn't full of drama, angsty or crazy people. One of the things I really liked about the story is the age gap between Rett and Sunny. Sunny is older by 5 years and you typically don't see too many books this way.

Rett has had a mad crush on Sunny pretty much his whole life so 10 years later, when they start hanging out, it was cute seeing him get all giddy that it was finally happening. I wanted to high 5 him and say attached boy! The only thin
Lindsey King
Oct 28, 2016 Lindsey King rated it it was amazing
OH MMM GEEEEE! I am just giddy after reading this feel good book. I loved how there was no major drama or conflict. It was just two people getting to know each other and their stories. These are some of my most favorite characters EVER. They have taken up a place in my heart and I love it. M continues to blow me away with her words. Another great read!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
There are so many things I know to be true in life, and at the top of that list is the fact that M. Mabie writes one helluva good book. The all-feeling stories and unforgettable characters she has so brilliantly created and captured represent some of my all-time favorites. This author’s talent knows no bounds in my personal opinion, and getting to feel and experience and live the mesmerizing words she creates in each and every one of her books is something I love and look forward to with everyth ...more
Stephanie
I found my new book boyfriend for life! Rhett Caraway, be still my beating heart. I will re-read you forever and ever because there has never been and will never be a sweeter, hotter, more considerate, head over heels in love since the 7th grade with his dream girl, sexier book boyfriend. EVER.
J.E. Benoit
Nov 02, 2016 J.E. Benoit rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

“I wanted to kiss you last night and all day today.”
He ran his fingers over my hair as I pulled back to look at him, my confession making my cheeks flush hot.
“I’ve wanted to kiss you my whole damn life. I win.”

It’s official: I’m moving to Wynne! I was charmed by this small town in Roots and Wings but I absolutely fell in love with it during
DJ Sakata
Oct 30, 2016 DJ Sakata rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

New hot men in Wynne were like Halley's Comet: they only came around once in a lifetime.

I didn't want to be the old chick at the bar, dammit. I looked around, and I wasn't the oldest, by far, but I was one of only two women around my age who were there and single. BethAnne didn't count though because she was a ho.

Earlier that night, he'd told me my dancing looked like a frog on a hot sidewalk. Then he'd told me he was running home to poop - but he'd be back. We were definitely ju
David Maher
Oct 29, 2016 David Maher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
With her best friend, the one she half imagined would always be single, getting married and having a baby, time, circumstance and a nagging mother have finally hit it home to Sunny that she's not getting any younger. Pointing out that with every year her chances of snagging a good husband in their sleepy little country town diminish, dear old Mom has really got her thinking.

No stranger to dating, Sunny has never felt that spark that she's been holding out for. That racing of blood that would let
MJ
Oct 28, 2016 MJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books, arc
Sunshine and Rain is completely charming and I fell hard for this book from the very start. This tender second-chance romance between Sunny and Rhett made me smile, and often.

We're back in Wynne, the small town first described in the author's prior book, Roots & Wings. Sunny is the local celebrity, manning the town's sole radio station from her home. When she happens upon Rhett after 10 years, he is nothing like the 13 year old she remembers, who made crushing on the then 18 year old cheerle
Tiffany Willams
Jan 25, 2017 Tiffany Willams rated it it was amazing
"Back then, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with a girl like her if I'd actually gotten her, but time changed many things. Because I sure as hell would know now."

BE STILL MY FREAKING HEART!!!!

This book was right up my alley! I love sweet love stories like this.
Young boy in love with the older girl that sweetly turned him down...Only to find out years later that the same boy had turned into the man she couldn't stop thinking about.

Sunny was a small town radio DJ who was as single as they co
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
This book was so sweet, like sugary sweet, and it was funny and all around a great read. It's easy to read and the characters were easy to fall in love with, even Andy, the dog. And Rhett he's younger than Sunny but that still didn't through me off.

Rhett however as a boy in this book was so freaking adorable and sweet. He knew exactly what he wanted at such a young age and he never gave up. And when he was young I think Sunny did what was right, although I'm not sure the anyone would have cared
Franci Neill
Dec 04, 2016 Franci Neill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Finding the Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow Stars!!!

Sunny and Rhett are everything you want them to be from the small town of Wynne! I loved coming back here and visiting old friends but getting so much more of Sunny.

This really is a story of unrequited love. Rhett grew up having a crush on Sunny and everyone knew it including her. The problem was he's a little bit younger than her and when they were growing up, it was a bigger difference than it is as adults. Rhett comes home from bei
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Nov 05, 2016 L.J (Lisa Jane) rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What a sweet little story. Gave me the fuzzies LOL.

I'd love to give this 5 stars but there is a hard limit in there that I just can't get past because it occurred more than once so it was too much to blow over for me. I wont go into it because I don't want to show this book in a negative light. Its isn't negative and its a beautiful story and fun read!

I LOVED the story line in this book. Nothing fancy and no dramatics but the little things made it special for me. The fact that he is younger and
Luvngreatbooks
Oct 28, 2016 Luvngreatbooks rated it it was amazing
There are so many things I can say about this book but the most important one is PHENOMENAL!! As all her books Mo Mabie really gives you a sense of the kind of spectacular write she is after you read her book. Sushine and Rain, which is the continuation of her City Limits series is absolutely AMAZING!!
It's the story of Rhett who's been in love with a girl all his life, he grows up, goes to college and comes back to his farm and family. Then there's said girl Sunny who goes to college and then c
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Nov 01, 2016 Yvette (Booksandbandanas) rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series. This very small town of Wynne. Where not much happens my heart follows these characters like no other.

I love the way Mo writes, her technique always throws me because she can go from gut wrenching I want to ripe my heart out of my chest, to some good ole fashion country love.

Rhett has been in love with a sunshine his whole life. Even when it was impossible for that to ever happen he loved her. Sunshine was older and never saw him like that until she did. I loved all the lay
Bridgett
Oct 30, 2016 Bridgett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buy-paperback
Any book that can cause me to smile as much as this one did, is a definite 5 star read! This book just makes you feel good and the feels, omg the feels!!!

Rhett’s love and adoration for her is amazing and gave me goosebumps. That man definitely has a way with words. Sunny is a down to earth, real person and I couldn’t help but love her. They’ve got some self-perceived hurdles to cross in their relationship but nothing that, once they get out of their own heads, can’t be dealt with easily.

The wr
Alex
Oct 30, 2016 Alex rated it liked it

It was a nice read without any drama and angst. As much as I adored and enjoyed Rhett I had some problems connecting with Sunny. She was my age, and I also whine that "I'm old as dirt", and as funny as it was at the begining, it stopped when she mentioned it every 5 minutes. At a halfway point I just rolled my eyes - that was the most annoying thing of hers. And I tried to understand her poin of view I just couldn't connect with her. I swooned for Rhett tho, and he kept this story on an ok level
Mariah
Oct 30, 2016 Mariah rated it really liked it
Life is so unpredictable. You think you're life is going to go the way YOU want it, and life knocks you back on your a**. This book was a very funny lesson in things not going as you imagined.
Sunny is my recent favorite character mainly because I felt a strong connection with her and her late 20's life crisis. And Rhett is my country boy dream come true
Pam
Nov 06, 2016 Pam rated it really liked it
Shelves: jelene, kindle, arc
This was a sweet story, low on the drama. I had a smile the whole time. The ending was perfect.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
7420449
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She is the author of the steamy comedy Fade In. Her sophomore release, Bait, is the first book in the angst-filled erotic Wake Series. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, an
More about M. Mabie...

City Limits (2 books)
  • Roots and Wings (City Limits, #1)