Start by marking “Superman (2016-) #9” as Want to Read:
Superman (2016-) #9

Superman (2016-) #9

(Superman (2016) (Single Issues) #9)

“RETURN TO DINOSAUR ISLAND” part two! Trapped on a strange island removed from time, Superman and Son encounter a lone survivor from the past. He may hold the key to their escape, but first they must survive the other denizens of the Island.
Published October 19th 2016 by DC

To ask other readers questions about Superman (2016-) #9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman (2016-) #9

Jedi JC Daquis
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm happy that DC is acknowledging the original The Losers from the golden era of comics. I hope that they'd eventualy get their own modern series. But from the fate of these guys in this Superman issue, my hopes aren't very high.

I'm also pretty sure that there are a ton of references in this issue about the past DC Comics I knew barely little about.
Chelsea
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Better than the last one. Captain Storm was an interesting character. This arc lasted exactly as long as it needed to.

Wayne McCoy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Superman #9' by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason continues the 'Return to Dinosaur Island' storyline and also continues the tribute to Darwyn Cooke and his DC:The New Frontier series.

Superman and Jon are trapped on an island full of dinosaurs, and they've found evidence of other people who have been there before them. It turns out that there may be a survivor on the island with them. Someone who has survived all these years. His stories are wild and perhaps a bit too gory according to Jon's fat
mike andrews
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Clark and Jon try to find away off the island
Etienne
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
The dinosaur island mini-series really feel like it's too much weird stuff mixed up to be good. Really hope it's start on an other story soon.
R.C. Rejino
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This issue, like the last, is fun and entertaining, but nothing really worth hyping up.

Issue #9 is the end of the Dinosaur Island arc, which is definitely for the best since I'm not sure another issue would have been able to do much more with the arc and would have felt only like a way to pad out the story.

Jon and Clark encounter another creature who seems to be infected by the same crystal-orb-thing as the octopus they fought in issue #2, and they, alongside Captain Storm, the last surviving WW
Tar Buendía
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Cierre de esta pequeña historia de los dinosaurios. Muy entretenida. Me encanta poder ver a Superman a través de los ojos de Jon.
Manjari
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Blah. War comics are not my shtick. Army guy and angry dinosaurs. Nah. I liked that he made friends with one of them, at least.
Cassie ♠
Sep 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too cruel and violent for no reason. Baby dinosaurs feeding on their father's remains, it is NOT something anyone would enjoy reading. It deserves less than one star.
Dr Rashmit Mishra
The Return to the Dinosaur Island Story arc was basically a throwback to the simpler time of Golden age of comics and while it did generate a nostalgia, It wasn't exactly a top notch comics .

The comics showed a tribute to the classic "A New Frontier" storyline and showed Superman and Superboy being transported into a Mysterious Island that had Dinosaurs and King kongs alive and hungry , The super Father-son Duo also meet a strange Human , stories are shared and emotional attachment created , bef
Marlene
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books

Superman & Jon meet a guy name Captain Storm on the Island. Superman agrees to take him back home when they find the transporter device, but first Captain Storm wants them to hell him bury his fallen friends first.

Captain Storm leads them to the cave where he thinks the transporter is. They end up finding it, but Captain Storm stays behind so that the dino-animals do not follow Superman & Jon back.

Like Jon, I wanted to know if Captain Storm made it. Also, who was that dude stand
Patrick
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this story arc thus far.

This issue picks up immediately where the last ended, and tells a pretty solid story in 22 pages as well.

Superman and Superboy come across one of the members of the Losers in a cave, and an unlikely bond occurs.
Good artwork and one of the better starts to a Superman story arc in quite some time.

I received an advanced copy of this from NetGalley.com and the publisher.
Seleyia
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
**3.5**

I really enjoyed reading the interactions between Jon and Clark and how they were able to work together along with the other Storm to get themselves to safety. From reading the Superman series, I've found that Jon is a really interesting character and the way he is learning about his powers has been a cool journey.
John
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-book
A rather strange storyline for Superman but his mere presence alone is enough to captivate me.
Brandon St Mark
I'm glad that's over. Hopefully this was just a little one-off thing, because I can't see how this is going to be important in the future storylines.
Patrick
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Escape from Dino Island was a fun little romp to hold us over until "Batman and Robin" in the next issue.

I liked this "golden age story brought into the modern world" for what it was.
Julio Bonilla
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As one door opens, the other closes.
Antonio Kleber Gomes
Aug 28, 2017
Meïssa
Feb 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Peter J. Tomasi is an American comic book writer, best known for his work for DC Comics.

Superman (2016) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Superman (2016-) #1