Start by marking “Our Broken Pieces” as Want to Read:
Our Broken Pieces

Our Broken Pieces

From Wattpad phenom Sarah White comes a steamy teen romance about one girl’s quest to find herself after a traumatic breakup.

The only thing worse than having your boyfriend dump you is having him dump you for your best friend. For Everly Morgan the betrayal came out of nowhere. One moment she had what seemed like the perfect high school relationship, and the next, she want
Published August 8th 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Our Broken Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Broken Pieces

Start your review of Our Broken Pieces
Sarah Elizabeth

“The betrayal came out of nowhere. If I didn’t see it for myself , I would have never believed that either of them was capable of hurting me so deeply.”

This was a YA contemporary romance story featuring a girl with a broken heart.

Everly was an interesting character and I felt so sorry for her; catching your boyfriend making out with your best friend would be awful, but for the best friend to the
Joshee Kun (조수아)
Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

I know that neither of us is perfect, but I like the way our broken pieces fit together. —Gabe Darcy

If you wanna be happy (or happier) this summer, read this book. :) RTC
Stacee
I really liked the sound of this one, but sadly I was disappointed. And 2 stars might be too high of a rating.

Everly is a decent enough MC. Her inner monologue is a little rough, but I like that she was actively trying to get over the betrayal. Gabe had promise, but he seemed flat and the other secondary characters were all clichés. I didn't see the chemistry between Everly and Gabe and I think that's where I struggled the most.

The writing is all tell, not show. There were scenes that went on
Thamy
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I could say this was your usual YA but it would have been unfair. If you do describe the core, it's a romance as you'd expect but there were layers of much more that made this reading more than pleasant.

Everly is going through a step in growing up in a way no one would wish. She has broken up with her long-time boyfriend after she caught him with her best friend. And it gets worse, because this said friend is now spreading rumors and truths about her, making her feel segregated from her old crow
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Everly goes into a tailspin after her high school relationship ends in betrayal. She’s lost not only her boyfriend but her best friend as well. Her vision of the perfect senior year is ruined and seeing them together at school is almost more than she can handle. Already seeing a therapist for anxiety, Everly now has new issues to tackle. Meeting Gabe in her therapists’ waiting room proves to be a turning point as they start a relationship and offer support to one another.

What I Appreciated: The
Madison
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it

Our Broken Pieces is a passionate YA romance, light, fun to read, and with a touch of sentimentality.

This book begins with the flip side to the usual YA happily-ever-after, found-my-soul-mate story. Everly lost her boyfriend and her best friend at the same time when they began a relationship behind her back. Now, she is battling anxiety and dodging them in the school hallways rather than fulfilling her dreams of senior year. But when she meets Gabe in her therapist's office, they begin
Jen Ryland
This one needs a pro and con list:

PROS:
- Though Everly's situation - her boyfriend dumped her and took up with her best friend - was cliche, the book did a good job of portraying all the social and emotional repercussions.

-Though I'm no mental health expert, I liked the way the book showed that mental health is achieved and maintained through constant work, not just pill popping and "getting over it."

- The romance was sweet and very sex-positive.

CONS:
- I think this could have used more editing.
Teresa
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this book. There wasn't anything especially unique about this book but I feel like some personal things in my life had me really relating with Everly. She was a broken girl at the start of this book in so many ways and throughout the book you got the chance to see her build herself up, with help along the way, and embrace who she wants to be and what she wants.
Don't even get me started on Gabe...he may have just made it onto my list of book boyfriends...he was amazing in
nick
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it

It was cute, but kinda cheesy in some spots. I liked that the book was therapy-positive as well as sex-positive. Something was missing though to make it stand out, and the characters were a little cookie cutter.

RTC
Alexis (The Book Democracy)
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars ✨
I have to say I was surprised by how much I actually liked this book. I enjoyed most of the characters and the story line! Plus there were lots of feelings involved but sad and some warm and fuzzy ones. I really enjoyed the story line of something that can tear you down emotionally but within that you build yourself back up to someone better. My only issue is that the book wasn't long enough. I would've liked it to be a hit longer, maybe extend the ending a little more.
Tangled N Books
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read by Tina

The story started with heartache. It found joy and complexity. Through it all, it was very sweet.
BookNightOwl
I enjoyed this book so much I didn’t want it to end. It was a short quick read and even though I felt it needed a longer ending I loved it. I felt the emotions were real. I loved Gabe as a character. I enjoyed the story line because things like what happen happen in real life so it felt so real.
Haley
*I received advance readers copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Edelweiss and HarperCollins*

This book is about a young girl-Everly having the worst that could happen in her senior year. She loses her boyfriend to her best friend. She is heartbroken and devastated that this happened and she's trying to get over her heartbreak when someone else shows up in her life. This new boy-Gabe has problems of his own, but Everly doesn't know if she's ready again. She's been seeing a therapist t
Jenea
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Broken Pieces is labeled as a young adult contemporary romance, but to me it seemed to be more of a coming of age read. These are two young people who older beyond their years, and have been through a pretty good amount of crap, each in their own ways.

We meet Everly just after learning that her long time boyfriend has broke up with her, which is heartbreaking enough, but it’s not just that. He broke up with her because he was seeing her best friend behind her back. Everly’s parent send her t
Hoa
Apr 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Quarantine allowed me a 2nd opportunity to try to read romance books, but this book reminded me of the reasons why I don't. I wasn't expecting much from it but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad either. I've decided to give it at least a star because readers get a backstory for Gabe's reason for attending therapy (but even his character is faulty). I only finished the book because I was hoping that the author would develop Everly's backstory and explain why she attends therapy other than for a ...more
Mallory
Ines
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I give this book 0'5 stars for the effort that put the author in writing it because it was crap!!!! I didn't like anything! I almost didn't finish it! The dialogues, the characters, the writing style... i'm sorry but it was crap😶
Amy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
As Everly learns the hard way, high school friendships fly the way of the popular crowd. So when she catches her boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend, all those people she thought were on her side make it pretty clear that they don't pick her. Worse, Everly's ex-best friend decides to spread rumors about her and spill all the secrets Everly told her over the years.

It's awful, right?

Everly's parents are so concerned that they send her to a therapist. While in the waiting room one day, s
M
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Firstly I would like to thank Harper Teen for hosting this giveaway that allowed me to read this book. I rated this book, Our Broken Pieces, a generous 3 stars for a couple of reasons. This book is about a girl named Everly who was dumped by her boyfriend for her best friend. That's a painful thing to go through, I get it, after all that her old friends began to drop her. I wished that she had a deeper relationship with Bradly, the boy who dumped her, so that I would've seen a better reason that ...more
Stacy Sabala
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Book Review- Our Broken Pieces by Sarah White

Everly is no longer in a relationship with Brady. She caught Brady making out with her best friend Elle. She has been hiding out since as the drama spins out of control at school. She has been having a difficult time seeing them together. Plus Elle seems to be trying to turn all her friends against her. Everly doesn’t have a clue on what to do or how to feel better. She knows her mom and sister are worried about her. So she is trying.
One day at her th
Kibbenza
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good premise, poor play out. The writing itself was very detailed, and not in a good way. In a very, very "this is what's happening, right down to what he's wearing, even though it's not vital to the important things actually happening in the storyline" kind of style. All telling, little showing. And so cliched. Girl has heart broken by cheating boyfriend, who is stolen away by girl's BEST FRIEND, so girl is in therapy and suffering from panic attacks. But other than that she's totally put toget ...more
Mina  Reyes
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Everly Morgan is a teenager that got cheated by her boyfriend with her bestfriend. Friends in common chose the cheaters side instead of her's making it a nightmare going to school, making every stare and side comment scar deep in her skin. Everything change when she meets Gabe at her therapist's waiting room becoming each others support in school like in everyday life, becoming ever more addicted to each others company but now is it really a good idea to mix friendship with love?

What pulled me
Cem Nouri
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was both upsetting and depressing with what Everly and Gabe, the main characters, went through in the story. Everly was betrayed by both her best friend and her ex-boyfriend. They betrayed her. And then Gabe’s sister, who suffers from Bipolar Disorder, was having episodes that were worrisome. Gabe was really stressed out. And seeing Gabe all stressed out made Everly very anxious. I felt bad for these two. But in the end, they made progress.

Someone said that Gabe and Everly didn’t have
Aliflanya Maghfirah
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really love this book. I do. And i wish i could give it a 5 stars review. However, this book is the first thing you might wanna reach if you experienced post-breakup grieving. This book gives a lot of dating advices and post-breakup advices.

I must highlight the most important thing of this book that when it gives you post breakup dating advices, it also gives you some examples of coping mechanisms. This will let you be more open to some possibilities and also it’s easy to do this on your own.
Sharon
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, young-adult
Review: 3 out of 5 stars

Our MC is eighteen year-old Everly Morgan who is in her senior year of high school; everything for her was seemingly perfect until she caught her long-time boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend. As a result, Everly is sent to a therapist to help overcome her heartache and to also treat her anxiety; it is here that she meets Gabe who was there to see his own therapist.

Break-ups are always hard but Everly is finding it extremely tough as she has lost the two most i
Heather Hughes
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
(2.5 stars)
I received an ARC from HarperTeen in exchange for an honest review.

So...there isn’t much to say in this review. I did have much higher expectations for this book after reading the description. The concept - best friend betrays best friend by dating her ex-boyfriend - is something I actually enjoy reading because it’s meant to feature a lot of heartbreak, growth, and character building. Eventually, the friendship is repaired. Maybe.
Not in this book.

Everly is feeling betrayed because
vampiremxneyy
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
i was going to write a full review on everything i disliked about this but at the end of the day there really wasn't anything problematic about it. overall it read like a cringy 2013 y/n fanfiction and had an excessive amount of typical ya romance clichés. the writing was repetitive and boring and the characters were extremely one-dimensional and forgettable. their traumas were used to grow their relationship and not for their own self-growth, and the whole "therapy" aspect was only to set up th ...more
JoLee
Featured in "Reading on a Theme: Mental Health Matters" on Intellectual Recreation.

After finding her boyfriend and her best friend making out, Everly's anxiety condition worsens. She meets Gabe in her therapist's waiting room, and the two strike up a friendship that has potential to be something more if Everly is ready.

What I really liked about Our Broken Pieces was that Everly's experiences with a cheating boyfriend and friendship breakup felt like real high school problems. Gabe is about as
Yara
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS books broke me and made me cry and smile, but I LOVED IT way too much. The first page made me stare for good 5 minutes wondering how the writer is describing a situation I have been through before, and my eyes just flooded, I mean it was just so relatable.
Also, I am Everly, I have been through same traumas, and same break downs, everything just overwhelmed me.
The only difference is that I never found my Gabe, not yet, but hopefully some day, I need an understanding boyfriend to grasp my a
Linda
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Maybe a 3.5. Everly (recently broken by discovering her boyfriend and best friend hooking up) stumbles upon Gabe (broken by discovering his older bi-polar sister's suicide attempt in time last year) in the waiting room of their mutual therapists. Gabe initiates the friendship through their mutual love of reading, but it is obvious from the beginning that his caring for Everly didn't start with that first meeting, and he will wait patiently for Everly's feelings about him to grow to hopefully mat ...more
« previous 1 3 next »