Start by marking “11 Before 12” as Want to Read:
11 Before 12

11 Before 12

(Friendship List #1)

In this brand-new duology from acclaimed author Lisa Greenwald, two best friends kick-start middle school with a bucket list of eleven things they need to do to become AMAZING before their joint twelfth birthday party.

The first day of middle school means trading in freeze tag at the pool for new schedules, fabulous outfits, and a fresh start. But for eleven-year-old Kaylan
Published August 1st 2017 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about 11 Before 12, please sign up.
Lisa Yes! 12 Before 13 comes out in fall 2018!

Kennedy O
In 11 before 12 two friends are starting junior high school. But before they start junior though Kaylan and Ari (Arianna) want to accomplish some thing to show how they have grown over the summer, so they make a list. But they make the list with a catch, Ari and Kaylan convince themselves that is they don't finish the list before they turn twelve, they will be cursed for the rest of this life. What Ari and Kaylan didn't think about is how starting junior high might affect their friendship and th ...more
Beth Rodgers
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'11 Before 12' by Lisa Greenwald will put you right back in that time of your life when everything mattered too much and nothing at all mattered more than your best friend. Kaylan and Arianna find this to be true as they gear up for sixth grade. They are chock full of excitement as they decide to make a list of all of the tasks they want to complete before turning twelve in November. Having their birthdays one day apart has convinced them of the need to plan a joint twelfth birthday party to cel ...more
Acasuper
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Easy to relate to.
Eliana Prawer-Stock
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book about friendship. Lisa Greenwald did an amazing job!
Clesia Q
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its a good book I liked it especially since I'm 11 and the book was realistic
Lisa Nagel
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A light sweet book that is a perfect summer read. It tackles many of the tween/starting middle school issues with humor, but some of it felt too stereotypical and cliche for me, but it still will likely be a popular and fun read that is very accessible to readers
K.C
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books ever!! 📚📚👍👍🙂
Kendyl
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was a very hooligans hilarious book! Great for readers in middle school and upper elementary.
Malia
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! It captivated my mind, and it had just the right amount of dramatic sequences. I could relate a lot to this book as a middle schooler myself. I’d definitely recommend this book to any bookworm like me.
Mrs.Melaugh Melaugh
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Though Kaylan and her BFF Arianna are enjoying their summer hanging out at the neighborhood pool, they are stressed at the thought of starting middle school next month. They come up with a list of eleven things to do before school starts, but then extend the deadline to November when their twelfth birthdays occur only a day apart. As they begin to accomplish the things on the list (get highlights in their hair, make a friend who is a boy), an unexpected rift develops between the girls. Their fri ...more
Isabella
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is a wonderful, relatable book for girls 11-12. The book tells about two best friends, who are trying to finish a list of goals before their 12th birthday. They go through adventures, like getting detention, and much more. The author did a very good job of making it relatable and realistic. This book was a great display of two middle school girls, going through things that middle school girls go through. The author did well and it was realistic. It’s a crazy, relatable book for middle ...more
Sophia Schroeder
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! Ari and Kaylan are BFF's and they are about to start middle school and they came up with a list of 11 things they want to do before they become 12.There birthays are in November Ari is November 2 and Kaylan is November 1 they have until Ari's birthday to complete that list. With some major misunderstandings crushes gone wrong and cafeateria drama they forgot to put one thing on their list witch was,keep our friendship strong!
Anne
Kaylan and her best friend Arianna are about to start middle school. In order to make the transition more manageable, they make a list of 11 things to do before they turn 12 in November. (Hence, 11 before 12). Sadly, the list works against them instead of for them and actually threatens to destroy their friendship completely. For fans of Lauren Myracle and Wendy Mass. Perfect for middle school (and the upper elementary kids about to transition).
Charlie
An enjoyable (occasionally a little preachy) MG novel about school, friendship, crushes, growing up, and (most importantly) not losing connection with who you are. I enjoyed reading this novel and thought the characters were interesting and well-developed.
Definitely will be recommending to my MG readers.
Livi A
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not finished this book yet but so far I really like this book! This book is about two best friends and their list of what they want to do before they are 12. This book is very interesting and I would definitely recommend it.
Lucy
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-2-week
The book 11 before 12 by Lisa Greenwald is a pretty good book. It is really fun to read and once you get into the book you can't stop. The only problem I had was that it was a little dramatic and that I've read better books. But overall I for sure recommend it.
Félicie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un très sympathique roman sur les émotions et ressentis de nos chères têtes blondes à l'arrivée au collège. C'est très représentatif de leur age, vraiment réaliste ! J'ai eu l'impression de voir ma fille avec sa copine !
Avery
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a heartwarming book about friendship and what you can go through at times with your friends. I can definitely relate to this book! I have basically read this book over ten times!
Anna
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
11 before 12 was a great book. It was such a realistic book about school and friendships. I think the story line is great and I'd even love to see it as a movie. It was kind of cheesy but in a realistic way.
Layla
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is AMAZING for young tweens. This should definitely give young readers a great experience.
Emma Wilson
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best and the most cutest middle school relationship!
Morgan
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it becuase of friend drama and boy drama!
Jane
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book through the eyes of 2 incoming middle school girls great😀
Lucy
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book about friendship and growing up.
Teagan
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was weird at some parts, but was a good book otherwise🐼🐼
Audrey
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Umm, just ... don't read it.
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the characters. A light, enjoyable read.
Lexie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was funny, sad and made me dying for more this is defiantly hands down the best book I have ever read.
Sian Morgan
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fun to read! I couldn’t stop reading it. It was amazing. This book has inspired my friend and I to do something similar.
Frederika Toth
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
11 before 12 was relatable, and it felt like middle school. Crushes, friendships, yeah it really did feel genuine
  • Big & Little Questions (According to Wren Jo Byrd)
  • Addie Bell’s Shortcut to Growing Up
  • Write This Down
  • Holly Farb and the Princess of the Galaxy
  • Lions and Liars
  • Secrets from the Sleeping Bag (Blogtastic!, #3)
  • It Wasn't Me
  • My Future Ex-Girlfriend
  • Sputnik's Guide to Life on Earth
  • In the Spotlight (The Pages Between Us, #2)
  • Diary of a Parent Trainer
  • The World's Greatest Detective
  • Wild Boy and the Black Terror
  • Around the World in 100 Days
  • The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)
  • School of Charm
  • One Hundred Spaghetti Strings
  • Tight
A long bio can be kind of boring, so instead I'm going to pretend
that a famous journalist (maybe Barbara Walters) is interviewing me.
The only thing is, I'm making up the questions.
If you think of any other questions you'd like me to answer, send me an email and ask away!

Q. Where did you grow up?
A. I lived in Fairfield, Connecticut until the end of fifth grade and then I moved to Roslyn Heights

Friendship List (2 books)
  • 12 Before 13