Start by marking “You've Got This!: How to Look Up When Life Has You Down” as Want to Read:
You've Got This!: How to Look Up When Life Has You Down

You've Got This!: How to Look Up When Life Has You Down

Life is tough, but so are you!

Learn how to work through life’s trials with advice from popular youth speakers who have endured a few challenges of their own. This encouraging book will help you see trials as essential stepping-stones to becoming the person you’re destined to be.
Published October 11th 2016 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about You've Got This!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You've Got This!

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
We live in a world where people have problems. The news reports in the last few days confirm that TRUTH. Life and the world are in turmoil. It's great to have a compilation of stories written to youth that teach about hope and the lessons learned in trials.

This is a short book of 128 pages that packs a powerful message. We all need to be reminded that there is hope at the end of trials. I loved Hank Smith's opening message of Joseph who was sold into Egypt. It is my favorite Old Testament story.
Heidi
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All of us human beings get down from time to time. The fact is life can be really hard and discouraging sometimes. Throw in adolescence and confusion often reigns supreme. That is where books like this one come into play. This compilation of stories and advice from those who've been there makes for an encouraging read as well as a strong reminder that bad times won't last and there is a way to pull it together and make it through. Trials related to loneliness, physical pain, football, and mistak ...more
Shauna
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! You have got to read this book!
Each author shares stories of when times were the toughest for them and show that by trusting in the Lord a way was provided to get them through those most hardest of times-- Whether life has you down right now or not this book is packed full of inspiration! LOVED EVERY WORD OF THIS BOOK! A MUST-READ FOR SURE!
Melanie
This book is geared toward teens, so I read it with my children. We all loved it! It's filled with great advice from inspirational speakers--Hank Smith, Whitney Wilcox Laycock, Dallas Lloyd, Zandra Vranes, Tamu Smith, Chad Hymas and Al Carraway.

I was familiar with some of them while others were new to me but they are each fantastic! I enjoyed the lessons taught by Whitney Wilcox Laycock as she talks about the challenges of living in another country (and then the challenges of moving back). Zand
Sydney
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Life is not always easy. It can be rough and tough and get you down. But these experiences make us better people and bring us closer to God. Compiler Elise Hahl has brought together authors Al Carraway, Chad Hymas, Whitney Wilcox Laycock, Dallas Lloyd, Hank Smith, Tamu Smith, and Zandra Vranes to share stories of some of their personal struggles in life. These stories will not only touch the heart of teen readers, but inspire them to work hard and be tough, even when life seems hard and is getti ...more
Heather
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a compilation of a few stories and testimonies of how people kept going and found happiness in adversity through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here are a few quotes I liked:

"Joseph accepted his situation. He wasn't going to get his old life back. Nobody was coming to save him and take him home. If he was going to make something out of this tragedy, it was entirely up to him (p. 4)."

"God had a much bigger plan in mind for Joseph, but Joseph didn't know that (p. 6)."

"For two more years Josep
Rachelle
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was interested in this book because I have 5 kids and my oldest daughter is now a teenager. I love to have resources on hand where someone else besides Mom or Dad can share insight on life. Sometimes hearing it from someone else can make all the difference. Each of the authors contributing to this book provide fresh insight on the challenges that we all face in life. You'll read about the story of Joseph from the Bible and get a couple different perspectives on that. Hank Smith provided a deta ...more
Jordan M. Anderson
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Life is tough, but so are you."

That's the theme of this book, and when Elise Hahl asked me to write a review, I got excited! I've been going through some difficult times in my life and I knew I'd learn a lot from reading it.

So what did I think?

At first I was disappointed (but bear with me, this isn't a negative review!) I was disappointed because I realized that my life was nothing like that of the authors (there are 8 of them). I thought to myself, I've never gone through what they went thro
Jordan M. Anderson
"Life is tough, but so are you."

So what did I think?

Emilee
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You’ve Got This was inspiring and well written by seven different authors. I read this book pretty quick and thought it wasn’t just for teens but anyone who has challenges (which pretty much is everyone). I loved this book! I didn’t really have a favorite author because each one spoke to me in a different way. But, I was inspired the most from Al Carraway. I plan on reading her book, More Than the Tattooed Mormon. She was a brilliant writer. She offered some suggestions which helped her during t ...more
Cathy
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I loved each one of the chapters in this book. It's written for teenagers, so it's really a quick read, I read the whole thing in less than an afternoon, but it's packed with great advice and spiritual lessons that teens need in this crazy world!

This book is broken up into chapters by author. I loved each and every one of the authors and was amazed by the challenges that some of them have gone through. And the lessons they have learned are something that we can all learn fr
Taffy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I read this book in one short sitting. I'm excited to pass it along to my teenagers. There are quite of a few of their favorite speakers in this book.

From Hank Smith's gripping retelling of Joseph (I cried) to the humor of Zandra Vranes (I snorted), there is a great collection of stories and wisdom on to look up when life has you down. The stories are short enough to read quickly but written well enough to move the reader.

I totally enjoyed every story and thoughts!

Brooklyn
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read. Short stories from lots of LDS authors/speakers. Super uplifting. Teens would love this book!
Britt Hanson
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2016
A good compilation of advice for teens.
Heather
Katie
Jan 03, 2017
Emily Punjack
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the unique perspectives of these amazing LDS speakers! They look at trials in a unique way and each teach an important lesson of relying on the Lord during trials and eventually receiving the promised blessings of the Lord.
Naomi