Start by marking “The Knight (Endgame, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Knight (Endgame, #2)

The Knight

(Endgame #2)

The power of pleasure...

Gabriel Miller took everything from me. My family. My innocence. My home. The only thing I have left is the determination to get back what's mine.

He thinks he's beaten me. He thinks he's won. What he doesn't realize is that every pawn has the chance to become a queen.

And the game has only just begun.
Published January 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Knight, please sign up.
Sharon I have discussed the ending of the Knight with Skye and there is no cliffhanger....the series is not ending with the Knight, but there is no cliffhang…moreI have discussed the ending of the Knight with Skye and there is no cliffhanger....the series is not ending with the Knight, but there is no cliffhanger.(less)

Start your review of The Knight (Endgame, #2)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I don't think I have ever been so crazed over a series like I have been with Skye Warren's Endgame series. This series is legit mind blowing. I fell in love with The Pawn late last year and could not wait for The Knight. I needed more of Avery and Gabriel stat! Their explosive chemistry in combination with the suspense makes this one of my favorite series EVER.

The book picks up right at the cliffhanger in book one. For all intents and purposes, Avery has hit rock bottom. After leaving Gabriel af
Shelly's Book Corner
Shelves: lourdes-reviews
The story picks up with Avery living at a cheap motel in the worst part of town, the only place she can afford on her limited means, after the end The Pawn. Desperate to make amends and get a semblance of her old life back, she will walk deeper into a maze of lies and secrets surrounding her family and will come to discover that the only person she can really trust is Gabriel Miller, the man responsible of her current situation.
This book was even better than the first one, the way the plot thick
michelle Shelly
Simply Stunning!

The Knight picks right up where The Pawn ended. Yes you need to read it first, The Knight is not a stand alone.

We pick up with Avery after Gabriel took what he wanted and threw her out. With no money and nowhere to go she is desperate. Desperate to find a way to get her family home back and get her life back. She is determined to find the answers to her questions. No matter the cost. With nothing to lose, why not?

The Knight is absolutely wonderful. Lies, secrets and drama. Not c
Candace
Re-posting now that the book has been released. This series is my new addiction! :)

***I was provided an ARC of this book in exchange for honest feedback.***

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see an ARC land on my shelf! When 'The Knight' showed up, I did a happy dance and squealed like a preteen girl! I just had to know where things would go between Avery and Gabriel. I dropped everything and dived right in to this book.

Picking up where 'The Pawn' left off, Avery is heartbroken and destitu
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: january-2017

4 Stars!!

'The Knight' is the second installment in Skye Warren’s newest series entitled 'End Game' and like the previous installment held me at the edge of my seat the entire time. Gripping, fantastically written with some interesting angst and suspense, this second book was enthralling, captivating, erotic and deliciously mysterious.

“…why did you let me go?” “Ah, little virgin,” he says gently. “So that I could chase you.”

This second installment picks up exactly where the pr
Courtenay Bennett
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I finished The Pawn on that fateful cliffhanger - have I mentioned how much I loathe cliffhangers? - I've been waiting breathlessly for The Knight. I had to know what happened next; would I get answers or just more questions?

Well... I sort of got both. The story starts immediately after The Pawn left off; Avery is living in a crappy motel, trying to save the only thing she has left of her mother; her house. Enter Gabriel, still tall, dark and broodingly delicious. I mean, seriously,
Diane
Shelves: will-re-read
The second installment of the Endgame series is even better than the first...some questions answered but even more have emerged...this plot line is so intricate and engaging.

I think Gabriel Miller may be my all time favorite Skye Warren hero/alpha...he's a total a$$hole and he owns it...loud and proud. Although when it comes to Avery, we see the tiniest cracks in his hard veneer. At the point in the story where hard to hear truths are revealed and confessions are made I experienced so many emot
Dar
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I think I had a good abs workout reading this book, my stomache was clenched the whole time!! This isn't dark like The Pawn, but it is full of suspense and wondering, what next, why that, and, wow, that was not what I thought, now what about..... you get the picture.

To say it wasn't as dark doesn't mean there aren't some deep and emotional moments with Gabriel and Avery. It still is more charcoal than black, and definitely not pure lily white, but then again, there relationship will never be th
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.75 Stars

Mini-review for the whole trilogy here:

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Sophia Triad
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
"At one in the morning I wake to the sounds of a headboard banging on the wall..."

Nothing is the same for innocent Avery any more.
Thrown out of Gabriel’s home after he forcefully took her virginity, Avery ends up in a cheap motel trying to survive until the month finishes and she can get the one million dollars. Luckily Gabriel is paying for the expenses of her father’s private clinic. But unfortunately her house has been stolen from her. More nasty surprises will come in the life of Avery.
Raeshelle, A Naughty Girl's Novel World
Skye Warren is a genius. Pure and simple.

The Knight, the second installment of the Endgame series is even better than The Pawn. It picks up right where the first book leaves off. I was eager to dive head-first into this one, and in this novel ingenue Avery St. James and criminal mastermind Gabriel Miller's journey deepens as they continue to walk the thin line between love and hate.

The Knight is fabulously hard-core, ridiculously sexy, and just plain scrumptious in its overall delivery. This
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

My voice is low. “What do you want?”
“Everything.” “I’ve already given you that.”
“Not even close.” He stalks around me, circling like a predator. “I want you bent over and broken. I want you bleeding at my feet, little virgin.”

*shivers*
What IS it about this man that just gives me tingles each and every time he opens his mouth? The intensity of him is almost unbearable, yet like a moth to a flame, he draws you in...

The story continues immediate where The Pawn left off. If you
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 036e5dd7f1d73a7a0b0276eea9c28e_zpsukpknykp.gif

photo 198e11317242d7bf04691b7ccb8055_zps1dimmiqa.gif “Once upon a time I lived in a castle. I would have defended it with my life. That wasn’t what Gabriel Miller wanted from me. He wanted my innocence. I gave it to him, but it wasn’t enough.”

Are you ready to play and get toyed with Skye Warren’s follow up of the Endgame Series?If so, get ready to have your pieces lined up and know what moves to make beforehand because Skye will outsmart you as she leaves you begging for more especiall
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

I tried to read this slowly and savor each chapter... but I just ended up plowing through this in one day because I couldn't put this book down. And now I have to wait... and wait... and wait... for The Castle.

description

The Knight picks up right after The Pawn. Avery is alone, stranded in a cheap motel with paper thin walls. She's hit rock bottom.... all because of Gabriel Miller. But the game isn't over. There are secrets waiting to be revealed, and she's
K
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many twists and turns in this book! It definitely kept me hooked!
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

description

Book two of the ENDGAME series picks up where book one ended. Avery has lost everything. Her house. Her pride. And her virginity, all at the hands of Gabriel Miller. Now living in a run down hotel Avery desperately wants to get her home back and never see Gabriel again.

When Gabriel offers Avery a light at the end of a tunnel. She reaches out with both hands only to have it all taken away again. Soon it becomes apparent that there is more going on here than meets the eyes. And the good guys may n
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Sometimes I like to do the book equivalent of dumpster-diving and just root around in the Kindle store, looking for the most decadent, over-the-top, flaming hot mess (emphasis on the "hot") I can find, because I'm a trash queen, and when I'm not working 9-5, I enjoy lording over my vast kingdom of garbage reads.

I read the first book in this Endgame series just over a month ago. It's called THE PAWN, and it's about a barely legal girl who
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE KNIGHT: You'll be happy to know that you won't have to crazily back track with 'The Knight' the second book in the endgame series because it takes us right back to where the previous book left off.

And if you haven’t read book one yet, one-click THE PAWN:

In the previous book Avery had left college, lost her family home, didn't have a dime to rub together and auctioned off her virginity to the highest bidder, that bidder was Gabriel Mille
Jen
**** 4.5 stars ****

"The Knight" is the second book in this thrilling trilogy! Another great read in this series, and this time we get a ton of answers to the questions that have been building since the first installment!
We also are treated to a bit of a softer side in Gabriel...but believe me....he still is mainly dark! There isn't much softness to him; but when it comes to his Queen...nothing will stop him from protecting her, and possessing her!

I am loving this journey, and I am diving in to t
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Sometimes people need what they need. Doesn’t matter what it costs. Doesn’t matter what they give up to get it. It’s a question of survival.”
- Gabriel Miller

* * *
“He sees too deep into my heart, into dreams I never dared to speak. Hoping for the impossible. A lion could never fall in love with a mouse.”
- Avery James

* * *
“It’s the truth. He toys with me, letting me run only to pick me up by my tail. It’s a twisted game, meant to amuse him, meant to scare me.”
- Avery James

Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Scorching Level: 5
HEA: Not telling

Skye Warren has done it again! What a marvellous book, full of steam, secrets and danger! I loved every word of The Knight and Gabriel was a hero I loved despite all the manipulation and lies he wove.
Avery has found herself in a hard and dangerous game of chess. The question is if she will allow herself to be just
Stacey is Sassy
Well, that was over too quickly…

I can’t believe I rushed it. I should have taken my time, kept the tension going and drawn out the drama. I started this morning, and the next thing I knew, I’d hit the epilogue. I think right there is proof that I got sucked in.

The Knight kept me enthralled. I was fascinated watching both Avery and Gabriel change. Avery learns the power she holds over Gabriel and uses it to her best advantage. Gabriel, well, the poor bugger can no longer hide his need for Avery.
Malene
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-a-series
I need The Castle and I need it now cause The Knight was a fabulous follow up to The Pawn. Still the pace is as good as the first book. I'm addicted to this story and to Avery and her quest for answers. Gabriel finally shows his true motives and he only keeps surprising me. He's so intriguing with his dark history but when it comes to Avery he's possessive in the sexy and intoxicating way. I really enjoyed their push and pull game and how Avery tried to resist the pleasure Gabriel showed her. Sh ...more
Nazanin
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, romance, favorites, dark
5 + + + Stars

"Wondering how he can be so cruel and so kind. Does it tear him apart inside? Or does it lock into place like a perfect jigsaw puzzle, made perfect by the way it fits together?"

Wow. There is third book! I want it!! Oh God, I loved, loved, loved it. It was so fantastic! Everything was perfect!
In The Pawn, Avery lost everything. Her family, her innocence, and now she lost her house, which her mother had given her. Gabriel had taken all of them. Now Avery is determined to take back her
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Totally underwhelming.
I'm unimpressed with this installment.
I really enjoyed the 1st book.
There was so much anticipation and tension and "holy crap" moments in the 1st book.
It really hooked me into reading this next episode.
Sadly, this one fell so flat for me.
I just don't care about this storyline anymore.
There's not enough desire inside me to care whatsoever about what happens beyond this point.
"Forever" and "Always" have been uttered... and I'm content leaving Gabriel & Avery's story here.

Beatrice Masaluñga
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
The Knight begins from the last part of the previous book where there is a fallout between our protagonists. Avery St. James has nothing left as Gabriel took everything from her. She trusted and developed feelings for him, still he betrayed her. Hurt by his actions, she must do everything to survive and plan her next move. She temporarily lives in a cheap motel and she thought Gabriel is done with her. When she found out he's auctioning her family's home, she decided to play his game. After all, ...more
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 GABRIEL STARS!!!!

THANK YOU, Skye Warren, for creating Gabriel Miller….for my pleasure! Just when I think Skye Warren can’t get any better, she goes and drops Gabriel into my lap (yes, please!). I was SO excited about this book, and I was not disappointed.

à la Mode St. » fashion

”Can’t you find someone else to torture?”

“No one nearly as pretty.”

à la Mode St. » fashion

My Gabriel & Avery:

Gabriel and Avery play a dangerous game. Well, it’s mostly Gabriel playing games with Avery and torturing her in the most delicious of ways. Of course,
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2017-reads
I actually danced when I saw this book on my kindle.

The Knight picks up where The Pawn ended. Avery is barely getting through life. After she leaves Gabriel, her life takes a turn for the worse. Her father is still ill and she has no means to save her mother's home.

As much as she tries to avoid Gabriel, he finds new ways to make her feel his presence. He is as elusive as always and 10 times more stubborn. He is hell bent on getting his money's worth so he'll do anything to keep Avery close.

This
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Suspenseful Stars!

photo 18EE2D46-6D9E-4E5A-84A8-543896CDD8F5_zpsd2mkdpx0.jpg

The Knight is the second of three books in the Endgame Series. I really liked the first book, The Pawn, but I loved this installment. It just keeps getting better. The story building both with suspense and the emotional connection between the two MCs, Gabriel and Avery.

From The Pawn we know of Gabriel Miller being a cold-hearted, ruthless antihero whose taken down Avery's father and their who house of cards. She has lost her home and nearly lost her father, who

• Spring Romance
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Merciless (Merciless, #1)
  • Taurus (Black Dynasty, #1)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Aries
  • Le ombre del Cigno
  • Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1)
  • Defiant Queen (Mount Trilogy, #2)
  • Making the Rules
  • Love Triangle: Six Books of Torn Desire
  • Venus (Black Dynasty, #2)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2)
  • Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)

Endgame (3 books)
  • The Pawn (Endgame, #1)
  • The Castle (Endgame, #3)

News & Interviews

“That’s the thing about a knight whose armor shines, though. It’s never been in battle.” 5 likes
“really do need to be high for this. “But if I’m going to do this, you guys have to, too. There must be someone you should cut out of your lives.” 2 likes