Start by marking “Gravity: A Short Story” as Want to Read:
Gravity: A Short Story

Read Book

Gravity: A Short Story

What would you do?

I'm Jefferson Stanhope and I'm short. Like, really short. As in bring-a-step-stool-to-drink-from-the-water-fountain short. It's not genetic or anything. My parents are tall and my older brother and sister are tall. But not me. I think God hates me. Caitlin says God doesn't hate anyone, but after what happened to her, I thought she would change her mind.
Published October 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity

Start your review of Gravity: A Short Story
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gravity: A Short Story is just that, a short little book. However, at only a little less that 100 pages, this book found a place in my heart. I really enjoyed it.

I loved the main character, Jefferson, and his sweet little friend, Caitlin. My heart broke for her when her brother died. My heart then melted when Jefferson became the friend that she really needed during that time.

I will say that I was expecting more of a funny story when I picked this book up. Maybe it was because of the title. I
W.C. Clinton
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
A cute story for young people. Includes inaccurate propaganda that public schools no longer have American flags in them and that schools don't permit singing the American National Anthem anymore in order to make a faux point about political correctness. Author employs footnotes as a means to provide first-person narrator's side comments while relating the story, which can be distracting.
Michele Hohlfeld
rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2017
Jacob Stull
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written book! The story will instantly take you back to junior high and how dramatic every aspect of life felt at that time. The two main characters, Jefferson and Caitlin, are very relatable. This story deals with friendship, overcoming obstacles, and tragedy. At times it's funny and witty, and at other times it's very serious. I loved how the book was broken into short almost unconnected events from Jefferson's life...much like the way a middle schoolers mind works. I would ...more
Abdullah Ali
Zainab
Pam Mooney
Kathy Heare Watts
Jan 10, 2017
Jessica skills include quoting any line from the Princess Bride and finding time to read. She'd like to say that she keeps a neat house, but with four home-schooled kids, it's just not on her priority list.

The heart of her stories stem from her love of God, her faith, and her family. “Without those influences, there is no story in my life; no beginning, no middle, and certainly no happy ending.”