Start by marking “The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2)” as Want to Read:
The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2)

The Great Escape

(Dilbury Village #2)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  351 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
A tropical beach paradise in Mexico was the last place Georgie Basset expected her decimated heart to be jump-started again, not after she’d been jilted the year before by her fiancé, leading to said breakage. But when she spotted Weston Argent jogging along the beach, all bronzed with ripped muscles like some Greek God out of a modern day Baywatch scene, she nearly choked ...more
Kindle Edition, 1
Published August 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Great Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Escape

*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I’d never had a physical reaction to any man like that, which told me only one thing. A man like that spelled trouble with a capital T for me. If my judgment in men, relationships, and love was already impaired, I stood no chance of retaining any sense of reason around a man who made me dizzy with desire.

photo 1 The Great Escape 3D Image of Book Cover Black_zpslf5ko1bj.jpg

It’s time to take a trip back to my favorite little town in England called Dilbury Village. The quaint and picturesque town along with its
Claire Robinson
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - That wasn't just perfect... It was everything. Stars!

Charlotte Fallowfield returns to the village of Dilbury for the second book in her outrageously funny series, and The Great Escape didn’t disappoint.

Its LIVE!
Amazon UK – http://amzn.eu/b5Afl3J
Amazon US - http://a.co/jefHOjc

If you haven’t read the first book in the series; Never The Bride I urge you to do so, although this book can totally be read as a standalone, you are introduced to Georgie and the rest of the secondary characters in t
Nicola
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Fallowfield has been one of this years welcome discoveries for me and after loving Never the Bride and falling in love with Dilbury and its quirky loveable residents, I couldn't wait to return.

description

Centralising around Georgie Basset, the village dog groomer, and Weston Argent, a gorgeous and fairly closed off ex-army Captain, The Great Escape brings disastrous first dates, a cute puppy and plenty of humour. And as they get to know one another, they create everything from hilarity to heartac
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

‘Ok, but in the spirit of honesty, if you keel over, I’m not giving you mouth to mouth. You skipped the last girlie pamper night at Charlie’s and those whiskers on your top lip will give me worse stubble rash than if I’d been kissing Weston vigorously with his five o’clock shadow,’ I teased.

… how I feel about you, is burning me from the inside out.

Greg, I find you, as a human being, so utterly repulsive that the only way I’d be interested in seeing your body is on an autopsy tabl
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even know where to begin with this review. Charlotte has gone and left me speechless with another flawless book that will make you laugh so hard you'll cry, seriously it's THAT funny!

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

The Great Escape is the Second book in the Dilbury Village series and focuses on Georgie and Weston.

*This took me forever to write btw, I kept getting distracted from remembering parts of the book and laughing.*

Georgie has a hard time letting go
ItaPixie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This was an enjoyable read,a great escape from real life.

We met Dilbury village and its inhabitants in the firs installment of the series but this story is focused on Georgie...no worries you can read this as a standalone but I strongly suggest you to start from the beginning and meet the funny and adorable Abbie first.

I liked how our heroine doesn't follow the rules her preppy parents made for her but she has the courage to choose what's best for her life.
Georgie and Weston journey starts in a

Elle's Book Blog
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Release Date: August 31, 2017
Genre: Chick Lit. Romantic Comedy

The Great Escape is another hilarious novel by Charlotte Fallowfield. This book has the perfect amount of humor and romance to make readers of all types of books laugh and smile. And this cover? How eye catching and beautiful is it!?! I love it to pieces! If your looking for a book with a great cast of characters and a strong plot then I suggest giving this book (or any book by Charlotte Fallowfield) a try. I promise, it's the per
Charlotte Fallowfield
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I so enjoyed writing this second in the Dilbury Village series. This story is Georgie's, and while she might not be as outrageous, or unfortunate, as Abbie from Never The Bride, I hope you'll agree that it's packed full of romance, drama and humour. Most of all I hope that it makes you fall even more in love with the village of Dilbury and its inhabitants and crave more from them. I can't wait to get cracking on writing Charlie's story, The Best Medicine.
Keren Hughes
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do I say about The Great Escape? It's one of those books where you never have enough words or the right words for it.
I'll admit, Charlotte Fallowfield could write a shopping list and I'd be chomping at the bit to read it. She just *that* talented. Being an author myself, I can only dream of being as amazing as she is. She makes me aspire to be better. This woman may not know it, but along with a couple of other über-talented ladies, she inspires me more and more with every book of hers I r
Cara Ross
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Georgie Basset is the fun loving dog groomer of Dilbury, that funny little village on the border of Wales, and if you have read any other Charlotte Fallowfield books, you would have read all about this crazy little village.

But that is not where we begin our journey, nope! We start it in Mexico, where we find Georgie and her best friend Abbie Carter, after Annie fled from Dilbury, after Miller and the cake scandal...and despite Disaster Carter happening EVERYWHERE they go, from being a reject fro
Paula White
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was provided with an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

I made sure I read the first one of this series before reading this one, but it isn't necessary. However, you will miss out on a great story with a great cast of characters.

This book brings you further in to the world of Dilbury Village, we get to catch up with those that we met in book 1 and some new characters. I will say that I think the humour of this book is quintessentially British and whilst other reade
Adriana
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
They say that laughter is the best medicine, and this book was just what the doctor ordered. You know you are in for a doozy of a story when tears of laughter are blinding you by page 8 obscuring your Kindle screen (or your ereader of choice *winks*).

“Chemistry, passion, need, friendship, and love. Every girl deserved to have it all, and not to just settle for old slippers.”

Unlucky in love Georgie has all but given up on finding her own HEA. Once bitten, twice shy! Especially after all she su
Alison
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Fallowfield is one of my go-to authors when I need a guaranteed laugh. The Great Escape is the second in the Dilbury village series, after meeting Abbie in Never the Bride, this time we focus on Georgie’s story. Don’t worry though Abbie is making a full appearance in this one.

Georgie and Abbie are best friends, Georgie is getting over a broken heart after her cheating scumbag boyfriend Greg sullied her impression of men forever. In order to recover the girls go on holiday to Mexico.

Th
Erin Lewis
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
star review of The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2) by Charlotte Fallowfield

This is the second book in Charlotte Fallowfield's new series and in my opinion she has another winner on her hands. I laughed so much I cried in this book; it was fabulous and I couldn't put it down. The writing is well executed and the story line thought provoking at times. It was hilarious, sweet, dramatic and honestly one of the best books I have read in this genre in a long time.

Although a stand alone, I do thin
Carrie Elks
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Great Escape is the second book in the Dilbury series, but you don’t have to read the first book to enjoy it (and I didn’t – but I have to admit it’s next on my list to read, because this series is so good). It tells the story of Georgie and Weston, who first meet when he trips over while running on a Mexican beach, and it’s pretty much lust at first sight. But how does Georgie explain that she’s sharing a honeymoon suite with Abbie (who everybody thinks is her lesbian lover)? More important ...more
Megan
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
If fun and misadventure is what you're after this series is definitely the one for you! Full of real laugh-out-loud situations the wonderful characters of Dilbury Village will have you in stitches. But what I love most about this series is the beautiful bond these wonderful women share. They have each other's backs no matter what (even in the most disgusting of circumstances!). They're also such strong and independent women, you cannot help but admire them.

Georgie and Weston's relationship is fu
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
Ever wondered what happened when the girls had their holiday to recharge in Never the Bride, well having finished reading The Great Escape I know...but no ...erm big... spoilers here! The cross over from one character's story to another was flawlessly woven together so the time line was synchronously perfect and I was eager to catch up with the Dilbury crew secretly gleeful at the expectation of another toilet humour filled read. The situational humour was as consistently funny as in the previou ...more
Clare
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Fallowfield never fails to deliver on the laugh out loud comedy and humour that i've come to expect from her books, each story has had me in stitches or reaching for the tissues for one reason or another, she cleverly writes such brilliant characters that you can't help falling in love with, they either touch your heart and make you feel like you really know them just like an old friend or they get you all hot and bothered and make you swoon!
After meeting Georgie in Never The Bride the
Antonella
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm soooo excited for this whole series. I think it's simply wonderful! Author created charming, inviting and amiable village and lovable people in it....
with lot of heart and lot of laughter....
(still working on my english grammar and british slang)

so here it goes Charlotte you are Bee’s Knees and I'm chuffed to bits by this series....Bob’s Your Uncle ....

❤❤❤❤❤ cover

Dilbury village sign me up for some vacation time.
I would very much like to take the ride on this crazy ride. What a beautiful s
Dawne
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd installment in the Dilbury Village series gives us Georgie' story. True to the author's uncanny ability to intertwine love, angst and a whole lot of humor I love this series. It is the trifecta of a great story. Georgie unwittingly falls for a hot, runner that keeps running past her trying to get her attention while on vacation in Mexico. They finally meet and his hot and cold attitude towards her has got her completely disoriented. Luckily he also resides not far from her own village an ...more
Janeen
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter this book had me laughing (in public). It was so well written that I thought it was one of the best book Charlotte had ever written.

This story is about friends - their ability to hold us up, romance and a dash of laughter in every chapter.
Anniek
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Georgie and Abbie are going on a holiday to Mexico. They aren't looking for love since they've both been burned in the past. That is until a gorgeous man runs past their swimming pool and lands facedown in the sand. Georgie is trying to let him keep his dignity by pretending she didn't see his fall. Every day at 11 o'clock Weston will run past them and slowly they go from looking to nodding to a shy hello. Abbie likes the direct approach more and wastes no time. She gets Georgie and Weston to go ...more
Erin Lewis
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
star review of The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2) by Charlotte Fallowfield

Although a stand alone, I do thin
Melou53
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Provided an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

This is Dilbury Village number 2. This story is about Georgie and Weston. We’re back with the clan from Dilbury Village. I love this village and the great characters that Charlotte has created. They stay with you long after you finish the book.

We start with Georgie and Abbie vacationing together in Mexico. Georgie, who is still a little gun shy from a past relationship gone bad and dealing with some hangups that have co
Karen
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the first of Charlotte Fallowfield's books set in Dilbury, Never the Bride, so when I was offered the chance to read the follow-up I was pretty much ecstatic. The Great Escape actually overlaps Never the Bride a bit, but it isn't necessary to read them in order I suppose. (Yes, it pained me to say that. Read them in order. ALWAYS read things in order.)
It's another fabulous book that made me laugh, and cry, and laugh some more until I cried some more. This time, though, our mai
Kim
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Great Escape was just that .. this installment of the series was an escape from reality where a great group of friends made you laugh cry and laugh some more ..

Georgie and Weston's story was magical .. Meeting on a beach in Mexico, turning out just living 45 minutes from each other at home or you think so .. when Georgie and Abbie return from vacation Georgie never thought Weston would call even after there first date being a disaster and how it ended she never thought he would call even aft
Zilpha Owens
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute, adventurous, laugh-out-loud rom-com! The Great Escape is the 2nd book in the Dilbury Village series and features Weston Argent and Georgie Basset. They meet on holiday and have a strong attraction. They are both fun and loving. With a few obstacles to overcome, they navigate their developing relationship searching for that HEA. It's a light-hearted tale with great friends and family to boost the story. The Great Escape helps you do just that - escape for a little while to giggle and ...more
Melanie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another hilarious read from Charlotte Fallowfield. Loved that all the same characters and wit is back and just as fun to read. I am looking forward to the next book to come from the Dilbury Village.
Sandi Bedell
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Groomer and the Trainer

Do you want to laugh out loud and a few chapters later break out the tissues? If you do, get ready and read the second book in the Dilbury Village set. Dog lovers will especially like this story's heroine Georgie, the dog groomer. She and her boyfriend share a love of dogs that fits well into this book's story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Charlotte Fallowfield’s books contain plenty of romance and laugh-out-loud humour, but she makes her characters work hard for their happy ever afters, aided by a supporting cast of endearing friends and family that you may wish were your own. Her style has been flatteringly compared to Bridget Jones.

She has a childlike sense of humour, and a penchant for gorgeous, suited alpha males who would do a

Dilbury Village (7 books)
  • Never The Bride (Dilbury Village #1)
  • The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3)
  • The Wedding Planner (Dilbury Village #4)
  • Airs & Graces (Dilbury Village #5)
  • A French Fancie (Dilbury Village #6)
  • A Very Dilbury Christmas (Dilbury Village #7)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)