Start by marking “MindWar” as Want to Read:
MindWar

MindWar

(Nick Hall #3)

Nick Hall returns in a riveting stand-alone thriller, set in a stunning future that is rapidly approaching.

From the NY Times bestselling author whose books have been downloaded over a million times.

Nick Hall has revolutionary electronics implanted in his brain that allow him to read minds--including thoughts, memories, and even intent. He can know t
Published October 18th 2016 by Paragon Press

To ask other readers questions about MindWar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MindWar

Start your review of MindWar
Douglas Richards
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi. Once again, this isn't a review, I just wanted to alert my review followers that my new novel, MindWar, is now available on Amazon. If you decide to read it, I hope that you will enjoy it :)
Karen Sikora Toronyi
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very bring. I stopped reading after about 30% in. Very poorly written. It sounded like something I would write.
Tulay
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fascinating story.

Read all the books in this series, though long long time while reading. Some parts were controversial, but interesting. Author does a lot of research before, internet and what technology can do important, but this also putting our lives in danger too. Mind reading, ESP, video recording glass or contact lenses are in our future. Like Amazon knows what I like to read, or how many cats I have.
Charmagne Quenan
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Not his best, but still entertaining.

Not my favorite Richards book, but entertaining, nonetheless. The heroes seemed a little too perfect, and the bad guys a little too cartoonish. While I usually enjoy stretching the limits of technology for the story, this one seemed a little too implausible.
Preston
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first two books, but this one seemed to be a little lacking. I think there was too many moving parts in this one, and the author couldn't successfully develop all the pieces. There were numerous plot holes, and the twist in the last few chapters left me, the reader, feeling less than gratified. I always hate it when authors leave openings for their next books

Updated on 15 October 2018:

Since I had read this book over the course of a month, I had forgotten a f
Donny Bui
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twist and turns you do and don't expect. What more do you want from a series you are familiar with and understand yet twist continue to entertain. Keep on surprising, enjoying and requiring me to attempt to get a step ahead but be a back step behind. When I think I have it something exciting accords. Keeping me on my toes and attempting to foresee the plot is exiting engaging and fulfilling. Thanks.

Worth the continuation of the series. No disappointment. Will wait for the sequel and Amazon's d
Bob Weiner
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it but not quite as much as the two previous Nick Hall titles

I've read all of Douglas Richards' novels because the scientific approach he has taken is a bit unusual and one I find quite intriguing. I gave MindWar 4 stars because I found the plot a bit more forced and contrived than I'm accustomed to enjoying in his work. Also not so fond of the clear setup to book 4; defeats the notion of a stand-alone story.
Steve
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book concludes in a way that suggests there might be a book 4 in the series. But given how long it has been since this edition was released, that appears questionable. Either way, this was a fantastic addition to the series. If we only get a trilogy, it's a fantastic set of books that I'm happy to recommend to any even remotely interested in the summary provided on Amazon. Each book delivers the goods.
Joseph Grant
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent in every aspect.

Once again the author has not only been thoroughly enjoyed but I'm impressed by the quality of his writing. Again, it is a must read for anyone that wants to see where the future just might be heading. Sci-fi uncannily has the potential to become the future. Just a note to the author, this better not be the last in the series. There is to much left hanging at the end.
Diane Peterson
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind War

An absolutely amazing book. I was unable to put this book down. It is expertly researched and anyone interested in neuroscience and/or technology will find it fascinating. Also with the current political, economic and international affairs of the world, I believe this novel would be of interest to just about everyone at this point, especially with the current administration and crisis of terror, immigration etc.
doris garritt
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointed

Third in this series, first two were fast paced and intriguing but unfortunately this book felt like a rehash with superfluous gore. The more we know about our hero and his team the less I like them. Instead of continuing to flesh out the secondary characters they were two dimensional
Alexis
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars. I enjoyed this the best of the books I think. I liked the characters. I like how you never know if a prominent character is going to bite it. And while the raging psycopaths (or is it sociopaths) always seem to be a touch too much, they are quite entertaining! They make me laugh. So, is this really the last book?
Marilyn
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love all the twists and turns Douglas has put in this book. He is very clever. I have no idea how he kept track of everything. I have read 6 of his books now. I liked everyone. This one is up there as one of my favorites. The action, mind wars and thrilling escapes kept me glued to the pages.
Keep up the great work.
RobF15E
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Favorite author, bar none. His writing is crisp, clear, intriguing and informative. There are never editing errors or plot holes and his physics is plausible and best of all, he sources all of it in the back so folks can learn more about the science if they so choose. I have read all his books and you can apply this review to all of them.
Maury Breecher
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best of Douglas ?E Richards Nick ?Hall Books

Surprised and cliffhangers galore. Not one but three awesome villains, four of you count Doctor's adult super-intelligent son. Two other mind-readers, both of whom go or appear to be rogue. . One who turns into an ally. Will he continue to be in the obvious hopefully soon to appear sequels? can't wait for them to appear.
Aimee D. Norris
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good read from this author

This is the third Nick Hall book I've read and I love how the characters have developed over time. At first it seems pure science fiction that someone could read minds, but after reading the books, you start thinking " well, ok, maybe". I enjoyed thinking of the possibilities but also glad it most likely won't occur during my lifetime.
Walt Mccluskey
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind war

As engaging as either of the other books in this series and more interesting in the traps and ethical quandaries presented by the bad guys. The opening of Pandora's box is believable and I look forward to the author's ideas for where to take the characters next.
Andy Andetson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointing sequel!

Did NOT appreciate having to read in MindWar about Jesus being disparaged as feckless and stupid! While the story was captivating, it did not address the ethics of THIS near-future possibility. Save your money/time!
Don
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel with ideas and thoughts that are quite provoking. I found it quite fascinating how he puts this story together. It was no easy task covering everyone’s thoughts and melding them together for this story. I just think Douglas Richards is a great writer deserving much praise . 5
Waive Linden
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nick Hall series were great reads

I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 book Nick Hall series. I also enjoy the explanations at the end about his research of state of the art technology that he uses in his books.
Megan Janney
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make sure the read the end of the book!

I loved this 3 book series. I appreciate the author's research and dreams he thread throughout this story. Looking forward to the future of technology.
Jason
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful entangled tale of Nick Hall. Douglas Richards continues to tell amazingly technical stories of advanced technology that keeps you glued to the page. The writing and characters come alive and entertain thoroughly.
Jay Throckmorton
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

This is a great book to read. It has enough twists and turns to keep us involved. All 3 of the Nick Hall books carry these qualities and can be read as independently written novels I found that they dovetail very well as a series.
Daniellela94
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Great extrapolation of current science and technology. I' be read the author 's other novels and always enjoyed all of them. I really liked Wired and Amped as well as the Nick Hall novels.
Jawaun McClain
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thought inducing read

thrilling read start to finish of course. But the main selling point of this series is how it forces you to think about the actual possibilities that are and will become available through technology.
Coleen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love stories with strong characters who have almost infallible character. These characters were so human n likeable. The story is totally plausible and got me thinking about the what ifs. This better not be the last because the set up is too good to pass up!
Nikhil Maryala
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Nice extension to the second book. I absolutely love this series. Plot is excellent, but more than the plot, the intelligence of the characters is mind blowing. Strategies and counter-strategies are worth reading it. I couldn't put down the book after 60%
Debra Salts
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Cant wait for Nick Hall 4. Gets better every book. More to the point and less filler. And I love the science and tech along with characters who are meticulously well rounded and believable. Keep them coming
Quilty_girl
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing premise, excellent characters

Another winner from Doug Richards. Well researched. Plausible scenarios well written with a sprinkling of love interest.
Just a short step from science fiction to science fact.
Sean Randall
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am sure I already read this last October but have no record of doing so here, so I reread. Wonderful stuff as usual, although a very, very annoying ending. He's normally pretty good about tying things up, so I really hope the next book in the series will come soon.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Dead World (The Dead Room Trilogy #2)
  • Last Betrayal (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #2)
  • The Seeds of New Earth (The Silent Earth, #2)
  • Rocky River Bridge (A Grower's War Prequel Story)
  • Tau Ceti
  • The Tesla Gate (The Tesla Gate #1)
  • Syncing Forward
  • The Immortality Game
  • The Day Before (Time & Shadows Mystery #1)
  • Thunder Due East (Sand, #4)
  • The Duality Bridge (Singularity #2)
  • Soil
  • Quantum Void (Quantum, #2)
  • The Scourge of Thracia (Legionary, #4)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania, #1)
  • The Gift
Douglas E. Richards was born on May 7th, 1962. He grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio with his parents and his sister, Pam. He went to Finneytown High School, and then graduated with a degree in microbiology from Ohio State University, a master's degree in molecular biology from the University of Wisconsin, and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

Douglas now lives

Nick Hall (3 books)
  • Mind's Eye
  • BrainWeb
“Any idea what ingredient—you know, other than sex—is the most important in achieving true happiness?” “I have a feeling it’s not money,” said Alvarez. “That would be too obvious.” “You’re right. Money helps, up to a point, but one of the real keys is to avoid boredom, to challenge oneself. People are most content when they’re growing.” 0 likes
“When they’re accomplishing goals, working hard to achieve something difficult and then achieving it.” Victor paused. “But most important of all is a person’s social network. The quality of relationships. Friends, relatives, co-workers, and so on. Emotional connections. I have these, especially when it comes to you and Lucas, but to many other of the men and women who work for me as well. ESP would ruin this. Only a psychopath who has no need for any social relationships would covet a power like this.” He raised his eyebrows. “And I’m only a sociopath.” “What’s” 0 likes