Start by marking “Round Midnight (Fly Me to the Moon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Round Midnight (Fly Me to the Moon, #3)

Round Midnight

(Fly Me to the Moon #3)

Annapolis, Maryland, 1948

Frances Dumfries is the perfect admiral's daughter. She runs the household, hosts the parties, and never falls for the midshipmen surrounding her. Having fun or putting herself first is definitely not on her schedule. And she doesn't want anyone-particularly not a man too handsome and kind for his own good-to point that out.

Midshipm
Paperback
Published September 25th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Round Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Round Midnight

Start your review of Round Midnight (Fly Me to the Moon, #3)
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Round Midnight consists of two short stories: "A Midnight Clear" and "A Midnight Kiss". They're both really cute, and, I think, effective novella romances, which are a tricky thing to full off. Both stories center on heroes who are pilots during the 1950s.

"A Midnight Clear"
This one was my favorite. I really, REALLY liked it. The hero falls for the heroine at first sight, and he pursues her in a way that, at first, rubbed me the wrong way because it's definitely on the line of stalkerish or maybe
Luli
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Antología de dos historias muy cortas: A Midnight Clear y A Midnight Kiss.

This anthology is composed of two novellas: A Midnight Clear and A Midnight Kiss.
Cathy Geha
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Round Midnight by Genevieve Turner and Emma Barry
Fly Me To The Moon #2

Read these two novellas at two different times – enjoyed both stories and love the series!

A Midnight Clear

I stayed up till two in the morning to finish this. I thought I could just read a few pages but I was so very wrong. What a wonderful story! I don’t know if it is because my parents were married around this same time period and my father was in uniform for the wedding or if it is just a story that would have tweaked my he
Rachel
12/22/18 Currently FREE via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8ZEJ6E/... ...more
Brandy Painter
This contains new holiday novellas to go with the Fly Me to the Moon series.

I reviewed the first, A Midnight Clear last year. You can read it here.

The second, A Midnight Kiss, is a great addition to must read Christmas romance lists everywhere as well. I just really love all the characters in this series, and getting these little pictures of how the already married astronauts fell in love with their wives is an extra layer of wonderful. This story is about Greg and Betty and takes place mostly
aarya
4 Stars to A MIDNIGHT KISS (2nd novella in set)

This is the last story in the series that I've read, and it's so good. I wish more authors would write about the 1960s in the US. A perfect New Year's read to start off the year.
Becca
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
A Midnight Clear: 2 stars - I dont think that Joe was very respectful of Frances's boundaries. Persistent guy/reluctant girl is an increasingly hard needle to thread and I dont think the authors succeeded, especially coupled with the fact that at the beginning of the story, Joe is "in love" with Frances after one conversation

A Midnight Kiss: 3 stars - This one was cute and I like Greg's earnestness and that the authors specified that the kiss was just the beginning and that they fell in love ove
Laura Bang
A couple of sweet and swoony novellas. Loved the characters and the settings — one in 1948 Annapolis around Christmas and the other in 1950 Huntsville, Alabama, on New Year’s Eve. This definitely needed another editor though — lots of missing words, extra words, and words in the wrong place in sentences. Still enjoyable though and I’ll probably check out more in the series because I love the settings.
Viktoria
Both of these were so dear.

Christmas: A Midnight Clear was just balm to the soul, endearing and lovely. It is not a great big story but a darling one with a boy with stars in his eyes and a girl who wants to fly. /3 stars/

New Year: A Midnight Kiss delivered closer to my heart. The same cozy feels but the "it is always the quiet ones" is much more my catnip, especially coupled with spirited amazons. Greg Henkins became my favourite astronaut, period. And I loved Betty. /4 stars/
Ea_reader
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-finished
bought this without realizing I'd already read A Midnight Clear, but that's ok. that one got 4 stars from me.

A Midnight Kiss was just lovely - 5 stars. this is a unique idea for a series and they are really well-written. will keep going with the series.
Maggie
Two great short stories. I probably like the Reynolds story more (SO sweet), but both were great. These definitely gave great perspective to the series overall.
JPT
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sanasai
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-fiction
Accidently marked a single story version earlier when I was actually reading this version. Still adorable!
M. Rivera
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved both of these novellas. They were sweet and the pacing was good. I love military stories and I love historicals. This set combined both of those things which made me love it even more.
Giovanna Busa
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Round Midnight

Two lovely novellas with head strong beautiful women set in there ways until they meet the men that melt their hearts and change their way of thinking.
Linda
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the second story better than the first. Maybe because in the first he fell instantly in love with her without knowing her, or because she was just so adamant not to fall for him without knowing him. This was one of those really sweet, soft romances which I enjoyed, but luckily was a novella too given how sweet it was. I like my stories with a little more spice. Set in the 40's, I enjoyed reading about the non violent part of the service back then too. The second was set in the early 50's ...more
Gisele
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So damn romantic! Round Midnight is a box with 2 lovely novellas that will make you sigh and swoon at every page.

A Midnight Clear

Frances Dumfries is the Admiral's daughter and has most of the sailors seeking her attention in order to get something from the Admiral, not her. Because of that, she's not really interested in getting to know any of them, but there's this midshipman that have eyes only for her, Joe Reynolds.

I've lost count of how many times I sighed with Joe. He was really in love w
Karen
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on 11/16/15 on For What It's Worth: http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2016/11/re...

If you are feeling like 2016 is a giant dumpster fire and you are falling into a pit of despair then get this book. If you haven’t read the series yet – snap up this book and the entire series, grab a cup of tea and some chocolate – curl up and read. You’ll feel better. Promise.

The Fly Me to the Moon series (currently at 4 full length novels, plus this set of two novellas from the Fly Me to the Moon wor
Roxane
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Almost perfect

I loved these 2 stories so much! I loved the time period. Not many romances are set mid-century. This is the time when my parents and my husband's parents met and married. Both of these stories are so sweet and romantic, and although short, we have enough time to know the characters and care about them. I only found one anachronism and that's only because my husband knows motorcycles like the back of his hand. I doubt most anyone else would notice. This book is listed as book two i
Jess
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Midnight Clear - previously reviewed

A Midnight Kiss - 5/5 stars

For a novella that takes mostly all in one night, I immensely believe in this couple. It's really a story about how two people can discover a connection and then work to build an actual relationship over a period of time. And is DIVINE.

Will read over and over again.
Janice Liedl
Oct 03, 2019
Jenifer Eisenhour
Apr 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • Everything She Ever Wanted (A Different Kind of Love #1)
  • Love Lettering
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Mating the Huntress
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • Destiny's Surrender (Destiny, #2)
  • When You Got A Good Thing (Misfit Inn, #1)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • After Midnight: 10 Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Novels Featuring Demons, Shifters, Fae, Vampires, & Other Creatures That Go Bump in the Night
  • Worked Up (Made in Jersey, #3)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)
Emma Barry is a novelist, full-time mama, recovering academic, and former political staffer. When she’s not reading or writing, she loves her twins’ hugs, her husband’s cooking, her cat’s whiskers, her dog’s tail, and Earl Grey tea.

Fly Me to the Moon (5 books)
  • Star Dust (Fly Me to the Moon, #1)
  • Earth Bound (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Midnight Feast (Fly Me To the Moon, #4)
  • Free Fall (Fly Me To the Moon, #5)