Start by marking “The Revival (The Young World, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Revival (The Young World, #3)

The Revival

(The Young World #3)

Dopo anni spesi a lottare per sopravvivere, Donna è affascinata dalla prospettiva di una nuova vita in Inghilterra, al sicuro dalla Malattia. Solo una cosa - o meglio, una persona - potrebbe spingerla a tornare nel tragico caos di New York...

Oltreoceano, Jefferson è invece costretto ad abbandonare il suo sogno di unire tutti i ragazzi in un nuovo ordine, dal momento che la
Published November 22nd 2016 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published July 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Revival, please sign up.
Dan Probably not. The Revival is the final book in the Trilogy.

Sean
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So bittersweet that this series is over! I loved this conclusion and am very happy with the ending:)
Haley
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Revival is the finale to the Young World trilogy. If you have not read this series, it’s set in a post-epidemic version of New York City in which only kids and teen survived the plaque. I recommend this to fans of the Gone series by Michael Grant, The 5th Wave, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Maximum Ride, Quarantine by Lex Thomas, Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne, No Easy Way Out by Dayna Lorentz, Inhuman by Kat Fall, The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings, Taken by Erin Bowman, and other dystopi ...more
Laila
Feb 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Er was zoveel mis met dit boek..
Ik vond het concept heel leuk, het was een beetje The 100 meets elk-dystopian-boek-dat-er-is. Het had ontzettend veel potential maar de uitvoering was niet goed. personages waren niet goed uitgewerkt, te veel perspectieven, rare uitspraken, en ga zo maar door. Dat je in staat bent om in je boek te zetten ''Mijn vriend Adolf", en "raketten op Syrie want dat boeit niemand" vind ik wel erg. Ook al is het de slechterik die het zegt
Kim
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Skuffende tynd afslutning, på ellers god ungdomsdystopi
Ms. McFaul
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, but there are too many voices and many, many plot holes. Maybe Weitz only wanted it to be two books? Or, boredom just set in? It is a good candy read, and great for mental vacationing.
Michael Schwartz
The premise of the world Mr. Weitz created in the first book made it seem like it was going to be a long haul for the characters. Jefferson, Donna, Peter, and the others had accomplished much in the last two books, and the way this one started, it seemed like it would be a couple more until the hope for peace could begin. Instead, this book is the final one. Ending on a quick and unresolved note.

The story continues after Jefferson failed to unite the tribes of New York. The city is in chaos now
Caleb McNutt
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Donna and Jefferson and the rest of their friends finally have go together and now they are trying to find a way to survive in this new world that could end all the tribes and all the separation that’s happening now in the world that has been devastated by the sickness. Donna was seperated because she was on the boat and she and others that was with her was killed and now she was put in the Cambridge University all the way in England and she is trying to find her friends actually make sure they ...more
Brian
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teotwawki, fiction
This was tough. I couldn't get myself that into the conclusion. The first book was really good, exciting, page turning. The second one through in some interesting plot twists and continued with the action but then this third one seemed to hit a wall.
I think the hardest part was the adding of more characters in the POV chapter style. It got a bit much. It also seemed to drag the dialogue and love triangle a bit much.
Seriously the third book is so short, they could have added it to the second one
David Morrison
A somewhat disappointing end to an overall decent trilogy. I say this due to the fact that the author includes a love themed thread in the book where one of the characters let's his lover (who recently jilted him) get away with a device of staggering power (the nuclear football that controls the US arsenal) because he was conflicted as to how he felt about the guy after seeing him shoot and kill one of his friends. Not being in an apocalypse I cannot 100 percent relate but I would hope that most ...more
Ricky
I was expecting better for this conclusion to the Young World trilogy, but I confess myself a bit disappointed with the final result. It's shorter than I expected, which isn't really to the book's benefit. There are simply too many POV's to keep track of, which makes the story feel pretty disjointed, and there isn't much of a resolution. But at the very least, Weitz keeps things interesting with an always-moving plot, and at least we get to see more of the characters we know and love - Jefferson ...more
Mr. Blevins
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying ending to this well-written trilogy. All characters are seeking out the football and the biscuit, which are the launch codes for the U.S. nuclear arsenal. Donna leaves the comfort of the UK to reunite with Jefferson. Peter's heart is ripped out by Chapel and is torn between revenge and love. Brain Box makes major sacrifices to help his friend. Cath and Evan meet again, and Evan might finally get what he deserves.

Each character's plot line comes full circle, for better or worse.
Christy Keeler
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great series and the final book, "Revival," lived up to the reputation of the first two books in the series. The protagonists' personalities were consistent in all books and I will miss Jefferson and Donna. This book, more than the others, explored many other characters, especially Evan. I felt his character was a bit "over the top," but it worked within the story.

I wish there were a fourth book; I'd like to learn about the reconstruction.
James Noyes
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
I really enjoyed the first book of the series and the second book was a very fast read that was very enjoyable as well. However, I did not like this one much. It gave an ending to some characters, however, it seemed rushed and was 100 pages less than the previous book. If you liked the first two stop there, this will not make the series better.
Marie-Pierre Desrosiers
Fucking good series. That's why I read it so fast. Took me some place else and I admire the way the author, Chris Weitz, was able to change the way he wrote for the first person narration, due to the special context and current change of narrator. Congrats to Chris for that!
Debra LaBonne
The 3rd book was not much better than the 2nd, mostly descriptive narration with very little action. Ending was good but quite short. I can't believe I read books 2 & 3. Such a great premise that could go so many places, and started to, then stalled... forever.
Lilly
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best one in the series for the scene in the Natural History Museum alone.
Geoff Cress
Meh ending to a meh series. It was nice to have a little change of pace with Evans POV though.
John-Paul Cheyne
Creative conclusion to the series. Even more character viewpoints were added from book 2. Pace of the book was nice.
Jenelle
Somehow, this book didn't propel me through the story quite as fast as the first two. I didn't feel the same sort of urgency.

And the end? What the heck? How is that an end?
Gapeach
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid ending to a great series. Can't wait to read anything else this author writes.
Kang Ying She
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful ending of this trilogy. It has everything I wished it would have.
P.M.
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Denise
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*2.5

Too many things happened in such short amount of pages, and there was no proper resolution to the ending of this trilogy.

(And a trilogy this story shouldn't have been; easily could have been condensed into a duology or a lengthy standalone.)
Matthew Michalski
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Antonietta Mirra
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La trilogia scritta da Chris Weitz, noto regista della serie Twilight, ci propone un mondo completamente stravolto da una strana malattia che colpisce gli adulti e i bambini. In The young world, primo libro della serie, un virus uccide letteralmente tutte le persone al di sopra dei diciotto anni di età e i bambini molto piccoli, lasciando vivere soltanto gli adolescenti.

Un’idea davvero molto particolare e sicuramente originale che mi ha subito colpito.

Gli scenari sono certamente catastrofici. Ci
Willem Workinger
Everything you loved about the first two books is still here and even better. Get ready to enjoy the final book in the trilogy. It is an enticing read with many cliff hangers so get ready for some late nighters!
Alysa H.
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you liked Books 1 & 2, you will like this final installment. It's the same recipe of pop-culture, snark, action, urban decay, politics, and drama. I enjoyed seeing these characters again, including some new POV's (during Rab's, I was like PLEASE CHRIS WEITZ PLEASE WRITE A WHOLE BOOK IN THIS CHARACTER VOICE!!! Rab for Young James Bond!!), and I liked that the whole thing took place back in post-apocalypse NYC, after the middle book's partial jaunt to England.

Definitely a page-turner, but I
Eden
Jun 09, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is supposed to be the final book in The Young World series. I can't really say that these books are my favorites, or even in my top 10 or anything, but they really weren't bad. The final book wrapped things up pretty well, though Weitz could probably write another one about the rebuilding of New York City. This series is set in a post apocalyptic world, so there was action like crazy. There was some romance, though not a lot. Weitz is not afraid to kill of characters, so people die througho ...more
Tyler
Its not bad but I wouldn't call it good either. Just a very quick paced and a fun, if empty, read.
B220
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in The Young World trilogy, The Revival wraps up Donna and Jefferson's effort to save the world as they know it is a spectacularly action packed and bloody way. I will keep the details to a minimum since this is the third book in the series and I don't want to spoil anything from earlier!

But, told from multiple perspectives (add Peter, Evan Rab, Imani, and Brainbox to Donna and Jefferson's points of view), Weitz does a great job creating and developing characters and building voic
  • Zero Fade
  • Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)
  • Un prince sans royaume (Vango, #2)
  • Wanderers (Wasteland, #2)
  • Timothy and the Dragon's Gate (Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, #2)
  • Spark (Skin Books, #2)
  • Otis and Will Discover the Deep: The Record-Setting Dive of the Bathysphere
  • Magnolia's Magnificent Map
  • Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
  • The Purloining of Prince Oleomargarine
  • Badd
  • The Milk of Birds
  • Dactyl Hill Squad
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • Umberland (Everland, #2)
  • In Mike We Trust
  • Lowriders to the Center of the Earth (Lowriders in Space, #2)
  • Double Exposure
Chris Weitz is an Oscar-nominated writer and director. His films include The Twilight Saga: New Moon, A Better Life, About a Boy, The Golden Compass,   and  American Pie The Young World  is his first novel.

The Young World (3 books)
  • The Young World (The Young World, #1)
  • The New Order (The Young World, #2)