Start by marking “Living Legendary” as Want to Read:
Living Legendary

Living Legendary

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Jon Brody wants to become the guru of his generation, and he has a secret to get there: The Living Legendary Framework. But "Living Legendary" isn't just run-of-the-mill self-help fluff -- it's hardcore. Legends work out twice a day in a sweatsuit. They eat steamed vegetables at every meal. The only time they go out is to "nightlife shark" -- seeking out romantic partners ...more
Paperback
Published October 15th 2016 by Evolve Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Living Legendary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Legendary

Josh Egen
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a quick, funny read. Really enjoyed it. The book satirizes gurus and the self-help industry by telling the story of a want-to-be guru "Jon Brody" -- who is completely over the top in his approach to life. You see him trying to get his "Living Legendary" philosophy to take off, and the interplay between this character and those he's interacting with/trying to get to help him is HILARIOUS. This is a MODERN NOVEl told through texts, emails, blog posts -- and so it's a quick, easy, and ...more
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this author's sense of humor and seriously hope he comes out with more books. When I finished this one, I wanted to know what happens to Jon Brody (the main character) next. The character is eccentric, but comically so-- he puts his girlfriend on his workout program.... AND HIS MOM'S DOG!! Many of the characters are relatable and the world that Jon Pearlman creates in Living Legendary is so interesting and unique.

The author himself is obviously very smart and accomplished ( I read the bio-
Christie
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to read this book, I couldn't put it down. The story is so funny and captivating, I wanted to know what happens in the end. The characters are interesting, but none more than Jon Brody himself who appears to be an over the top fitness fanatic who tries to get all of his friends and family on his "plan." The various reactions to his world view are quite entertaining to read.

I must confess that I'm a health nut myself and particularly appreciated all of the references to working out and
Lyudmila Bouzinova
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading this book. The humor is smart and on-point and the commentary couldn't be more relevant to our society today. It's an easy read but the message goes way deeper. You could probably finish this book in an afternoon or two.

The story is told through the main character's very unique perspective, but also through mediums like blog posts, e-mails, text messages, Instagram posts. And my favorite - Tinder conversations. This format makes reading very engaging
Sarah Morris
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOLOL this book is amazing. So funny..fast-paced and quick read. Modern. Never seen anything like this before. I friend recommended it to me and I couldn't put it down..literally. Jon Brody is hilarious. Plus there's tinder, Instagram, Twitter all in the book -- but they're used to tell the story. Very clever. You need to get your hands on this book!!
Maddy
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you know a millennial who is always staring at their phone? Take it away and give them this book to read. Or if it's a really drastic situation, download the ebook to their phone. They will thank you for it later.
Dan Berger
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Living Legendary is a hilarious, outrageous satire of today's lazy, overweight, unambitious society. There is no topic too sacred for Pearlman to take on.
Larry
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Living Legendary has many interesting insights and is an entertaining read. I enjoyed the modern style and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, quick page turner.
Mario
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Living Legendary is a fun and easy read.
Jon Pearlman
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you want MODERN SATIRE, this is the book for you. Making fun of the modern day absurdity in the health, fitness, wellness, and diet industry. Completely confusing especially in America where they get you hooked onto the new weekly diet fad or workout gimmick. Jon Brody tries to steer his peers to the light, but along the way he loses track of his mission, and ultimately himself. LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY! This book will make you rethink what you see around you while keeping you belly-laughing all ...more
Zack Mccourt
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A friend gave me Living Legendary since I'm a bit of a health and fitness freak...the night I picked it up I couldn't put it down. It's outrageous and hilarious, and won't just entertain, but will help you re evaluate your own lifestyle habits all the while. An easy and enjoyable read for when you find yourself with some down time - 5 stars all the way!
Alex
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great and easy read!
I would say that this is one of the best motivational book I have read so far simply because of the fact that this is brilliant, funny, and full of sarcasm. This book is extremely well written and original with interesting insight!

AMAZING READ, I highly recommend it to people who wants to start living life how it is intended to be.
Kyle Whitmire
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Living Legendary is a hilarious, laugh out loud book! If you are looking for a new age satirical read, that has an easy format - look no farther. Brody's quest to become the best, the elite, is one full of twists and turns as he navigates life, love and physical fitness. I recommend this book to anyone!
Ali
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick read thoroughly recommended for everyone. The book is the story of a fitness/lifestyle guru who takes things a bit too far and it is in turns shocking, hilarious, gripping and perhaps you will learn something too!
Hans
Oct 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Did not like it. Kind of pathetic actually. I think it was meant as satire, but I can't believe some one went through the work of actually publishing a book like this.
Scott
Masud Rana
Dec 03, 2017
Mason
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast and easy ENJOYABLE read! If you know the author and his other works, then you will appreciate the subtle similarities and differences between this novel and those other writings. The general theme remains similar, but it is apparent how he has developed as a writer and person and the perspective shows in the plot twists of this book. It is a mature writing, although satirical in nature. I highly recommend it - although I urge you to view it from all angles to truly understand the message!
LA
Jul 28, 2018
Chad Olin
Apr 25, 2018
DrewGP
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2017
Adrienne
Victoria Peipert
Kathy Heare Watts
Aug 30, 2017
Jon Pearlman is a Harvard grad, former ATP-ranked professional tennis player, and fitness entrepreneur. He is the author of two books, LIVING LEGENDARY, a hilarious, laugh-out-loud satire about the quest to become a fitness guru, and THE LEAN BODY MANUAL, a practical, hands-on self-help book for those aspiring to build the lean, athletic body. Jon is the co-founder of Mission Lean (www.missionlean ...more
More about Jon Pearlman