Start by marking “Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland #2)” as Want to Read:
Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland #2)

Beach Party Surf Monkey

(Welcome to Wonderland #2)

From Chris Grabenstein, the bestselling author of Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and coauthor with James Patterson of I Funny, House of Robots, and Treasure Hunters, comes the second hilarious, fun-in-the-sun adventure in his new illustrated series about all the wacky things that happen when you live in a motel!

There's always something wacky happening when you live i
Published May 23rd 2017 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beach Party Surf Monkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Party Surf Monkey

Mehsi
Welcome to Wonderland, a lovely motel with some crazy stuff, and now even crazier movie madness!

I really loved the first book, and then forgot to check if there were more books. Imagine my happiness when I found out there is a second book, and that a third book is on its way! Yippee!

This time not so many tours, but don't worry, there will be enough P.T. patented tall tales of epicness that get more awesome each time that it is told. Yup. I had such a laugh at the imagination of this little guy.
Ms. Yingling
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by publisher

After solving the jewel thief mystery in Home Sweet Hotel, P.T. Wilke and Gloria are back, still trying to save the Wonderland. This time, the threat is from Mr. Conch, who is determined to buy the hotel and pave it over so his hotel has more room. When P.T. finds out that heart throb Aiden Tyler and internet sensation Kevin the Monkey are filming a homage to beach party movies in his town, he uses his grandfather's connections to get an interview with the producers. Aga
Zoe Gonzales
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gage F
Really intreasting
Pop Bop
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
High Energy, Fast Paced, Good Humored Florida Showmanship

I like middle grade heroes who always have a plan or a scheme or a wacky angle, but if they aren't done right they can become creepy, tiresome or obnoxious. Grabenstein knows exactly how to do such characters, and so this second installment in the Wonderland series is as outlandish and upbeat as the first.

Our two heroes are P.T., (named after P.T. Barnum), whose the fast talking idea man, and Gracie, who's the brains, planner, and financia
Aeicha
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Storyteller extraordinaire, P.T. Wilkie, and his business savvy best friend, Gloria, are back with another wacky adventure at the Wonderland Motel! When a major Hollywood movie, Beach Party Surf Monkey, needs a retro motel location in St. Pete’s Beach to film at, P.T. and Gloria scheme to make sure that motel is the Wonderland...which isn’t exactly easy to do when a fancy-schmancy hotel opens up right next door and the owner keeps trying to buy the Wonderland. And P.T. and Gloria soon find that ...more
Becky B
P.T. and Gloria helped pay off the big loan to save the Wonderland Motel by catching the thieves, but that doesn’t mean the Wonderland is in the clear for good. And there’s a big new fancy hotel next door that’s pressuring them to sell out. The amount sneaky Mr. Conch is offering P.T.’s mom is tempting her, but P.T. can’t even think of selling the Wonderland. So he and Gloria put their heads together for their next way to save their home. An idea falls into their lap when star Aidan Tyler tells ...more
Heidi
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grabenstein presents readers with a very, wacky, but quite entertaining second book in the Welcome to WonderLand series. In the first book, P.T. the son of the motel's manager and grandson of the motel's owner, seeks desperately to find a way to pay back a large loan in order to save the only home he has ever known. With the help of his unusual grandfather and Gloria, a current resident of the motel who has brilliant business sense, P.T. sets out to earn as much money as he can over Spring break ...more
Sharon
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, netgalley
4th&up
Chris Grabenstein is a hit with my middle school students, and I have to admit, I'm quite a fan myself!
Beach Party Surf Monkey is the second book in the Welcome to Wonderland series, and it is as adorable, goofy, and adventurous as the first. This time around, P.T. and Gloria's latest scheme to save the Wonderland Hotel involves getting producers to use the property to shoot their movie- but in true Wonderland style, nothing goes smoothly. What would be the fun in that! :)
Fans will def
Emery
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are so ... weird. But they're a great read anyway. The cover and the first few chapters really don't do them justice. They are fun without sacrificing heart and I think it's a cool look at running a small business. Plus the female characters in this books, especially Gloria, but also Cassie, are great. It's not a serious read, but if you're looking for something fun and quick, I highly recommend these.
Cara
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nkyclear
Grabenstein adds another hilarious volume to this new series that will appeal to fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. In spite of some potty humor, even most adults will be entertained by P.T. and the ridiculous situations that arise during the movie shoot at the Wonderland motel. The story, told from P.T.’s point of view, and dialog use authentic voices that young readers will find relatable. The black-and-white cartoons with comic speech bubbles are always funny and add to the tale. Grabenstein knows ...more
Maximilian Lee
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK WAS EPIC BECAUSE IT WAS REALLY REALLY EXCITING. IT ALSO TELLS YOU ABOUT MOVIE THINGS. A COMPANY WANTS TO FILM AT THE WONDERLAND MOTEL. IF IT FAILS, P.T.'S MOM WILL SELL THE MOTEL TO THE NEXT DOOR CONCH REEF RESORT!
Sue
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Summer read. Fans of Chris Gravensteins will enjoy this next book in the Wonderland Motel series. This time P.T. and Gloria have devised a plan to get the newest teen throbs to film a retro movie at the Wonderland. Will they be able to keep things under control?
Michele Knott
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this series - this second book has even more fun, hijinks and antics. Lovable characters P.T. and Gloria are back and the stories and schemes are better than ever. With the short chapters, this is a book that will keep readers wanting to read "just one more"!
Theresa Grissom
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd, 5th, middle-grade, 4th
Just as funny as the first book. This is a book that the kids at school should really enjoy.

Thanks to Netgalley for this book.
Kim Gontarz
Will P.T. and Gloria be able to save the Wonderland Hotel? This movie deal could do the trick if Conch Reef Resort doesn't wipe them out first.
Margie
Fortunately for readers another stellar title in this series was released this year. Welcome To WonderLand Beach Party Surf Monkey Book 2 (Random House Children's Books, May 23, 2017) written by Chris Grabenstein with illustrations by Brooke Allen follows further escapades of P. T., Gloria, Grandpa Walt, P. T.'s mom and Gloria's dad as they try to save the motel from further trouble, this time at the hands of a hotel developer. The sun isn't the only heat coming to the residents of Wonderland Mo ...more
Kimberly Bower MLIS (gladeslibrarian)
Can't wait to share @CGrabenstein's #WelcomeToWonderland #BeachPartySurfMonkey with students! This motel is definitely the place to be. You'll find movie set drama, a dung-flinging co-star, bologna and cheese cure-alls, alligators, mischievous neighbors, and flying pigs.
#bookaday #librarianlife #readallthebooks #bookstagram #kidlit #MGlit #FeedYourBrain... #read

This book will be shared with 9 educational leaders by the time it completes its #bookexcursion.
Jesica DeHart
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gravenstein and his kid addictive writing style returns in the sequel to this hilarious new series that had my kids animated and quoting favorite lines. Thank you Chris for putting the funny back into books!
Megan Schmelzer
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Open Book Reviews by Megan Schmelzer
www.openbookreviews.org

It is definitely not a secret that my students and I love all of Chris Grabenstein’s books. We have been flying through book after book, written by Grabenstein, this school year. My fourth graders just love his crazy characters and the endless chaotic shenanigans they find themselves mixed up in.

We started this school year with all things “I Funny” and “Lemoncello”, found our way to the Island of Dr. Libris, and we are now fully emerged
The Brothers
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asher (12yo) read. "Very funny. A great sequel to the first one. I wonder if real stars like Aidan are that bratty."
Serenity
This is another fun series by Chris Grabenstein. You have your goofy boy protagonist and his more grounded female best bud. They have an adventure where both of their skill sets and personalities play a role in resolving the conflict.

P.T. is a good kid, living at the Motel Wonderland with his mom and grandpa. Dad is not in the picture, and every once in a while P.T. gets wistful, but for the most part he is accepting. His best friend Gloria is a current resident at the motel, staying with her d
Patty
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-juv
A really fun book! There is a bit of mystery and a bit of adventure in this book. P.T. is still trying to insure the survival of his family hotel, The Wonderland. While there is a great opportunity, there are also those who want to halt his success.
The Wonderland is selected as the set for a new teen movie staring an academy award winning actress, a pop singer, and a monkey who is a YouTube sensation.

Kids will like this, and even better, it is one in a series so they have several to read!
Emily
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Goodreads, that is the world’s shortest description!

Don’t be fooled, this book is hilarious and action-packed. Chris Grabenstein is such a good author! Beach Party Surf Monkey fit the Welcome to Wonderland series perfectly, but still felt fresh and interesting. I loved it, especially the mystery storyline. The fact that it teaches business and economics to young readers is a bonus.
Brenda Kahn
This was a fun sequel to Welcome to Wonderland, which I reviewed for SLJ. I made a mistake reading it with my ears though. Could not stand the narrator's female voices. Otherwise great fun!
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Gravenstein, Chris Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland #2) 300 pgs. Random Housee, 2017. $14. Language: G (0 swears) Mature Content: G Violence: G

P.T.’s family owns and lives in a motel in Florida called the Wonderland. In book one he apparently solved a jewel heist mystery and they were able to save their motel from a large developer. In this second book, P.T. and his best friend Gloria are trying to keep the motel running with money making schemes. They hear that a movie might be fi
Martha
Checking out the cover of Grabenstein's sequel, Welcome to Wonderland: Beach Party Surf Monkey, I suspected this book would be silly. Reading it proved a pleasurable surprise. 11-year-old, P.T. Wilkie lives in a run down motel called The WonderLand in Miami, with his mother and grandfather. His natural gift of wheeling and dealing, by making up clever stories to raise money for the upkeep of the motel, comes in especially handy when he meets Aidan Tyler a heart throb of a movie star. P.T. Wilkie ...more
Gigi
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS! If you have not read the first book go do so now!

After saving their Motel from detsruction, everything is back to normal. Until they start having competiton that starts making them lose money. They think about selling out to their next door neighbors who have a really high quality resort. Before that could happen something big could change their lives forever and not have to make them sell out to their neighbors. I adored this book! It also kept me in suspense b
Megan
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The humorous story, Beach Party Surf Monkey, by Chris Grabenstein is a fiction story that goes all throughout the wacky wonderland motel as they film a movie. The main characters include part-time hotel owner and storyteller, P.T. Wilkie. Along with his brainiac business partner, Gloria Ortega. A few more characters include, award-winning actor Cassie McGinty, YouTube star Kevin the Monkey, and cocky, self-centered Aiden Tyler. As P.T. and Gloria hope shooting a movie at the hotel will increase ...more
Angela Johnson
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade

• Jake the Fake Keeps It Real (Jake the Fake, #1)
  • Santa Rex
  • The Tapper Twins Go Viral (Tapper Twins, #4)
  • The Emperor of Mars (Secrets of the Dragon Tomb, #2)
  • When Mischief Came to Town
  • The Templeton Twins Make a Scene (Templeton Twins, #2)
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation (Charlie Joe Jackson, #3)
  • Wish Upon a Sleepover
  • The Day the Mustache Took Over
  • 2 Fuzzy, 2 Furious (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #2)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
  • Sleuth on Skates
  • Lost Under a Ladder (Superstition Mystery, #1)
  • Cakes in Space
  • Donuthead
  • The Bolds
  • At the Bottom of the World (Jack and the Geniuses, #1)
CHRIS GRABENSTEIN is a #1 New York Times bestselling. His books include the LEMONCELLO LIBRARY series, the WONDERLAND series, and many fun and funny page-turners co-authored with James Patterson. You can visit Chris at ChrisGrabenstein.com.

Welcome to Wonderland (4 books)
  • Home Sweet Motel (Welcome to Wonderland, #1)
  • Sandapalooza Shake-Up (Welcome to Wonderland, #3)
  • Beach Battle Blowout
“some paw prints on the sidewalk. Something that might help us figure out which way” 0 likes
“leading lady!” “Aiyyo. I’m Aidan Tyler. I can do whatever I want to do, because” 0 likes