Start by marking “King of Hearts (Deuces Wild Book 1)” as Want to Read:
King of Hearts (Deuces Wild Book 1)

King of Hearts

(Deuces Wild #1)

Tucker Chase.

FBI agent and tough-as-they-come ex-Navy SEAL, Tucker’s take-all-comers attitude attracts trouble on the job and off, but he still gets the hard jobs done. He makes no bones about being the baddest ass on the planet—until his ex-wife runs off to Vietnam with his only son, Deuce. Until the woman he won’t admit to loving leaves on some humanitarian mission to wh
Published November 24th 2016 by Windy Days Press

To ask other readers questions about King of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Hearts

Kate's Corner
RANT RANT RANT

This probably won’t make any sense so like me just go with it.

There is psychic abilities with implanted technology in the book. Not to mention that the Hero is aggravating. He doesn't like whining bitches you whined over pages of the book at the beginning.

You're a tough SEAL. Got to say though some of the things he came out with are craptastic. Let's steal a car in Vietnam great fucking idea there mate. Actually I take back the mate part I don't want to be your mate.
Hero gets arr
Malissa
This is one of those books that you have to sit on for a little bit before you can truly decide how you feel about it. I believe some of that comes from it being a new series from an author whose series prior to this I have throughly loved. It comes from the fact that this book is a constant rush, it is always moving, full of action twists and turns. It's the first book in the series so it's also top loaded with the information needed to set the entire series in motion.

I struggled at first with
Anima
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Incredible! I've only read a few of her books but I know I will get a thrill ride with passionate men and women doing what it takes to save anyone. Exciting start to a brand new series with a few of her past characters joining up with Tucker Chase. This ride will take you to Vietnam where Tucker is on a personal mission which immediately becomes two. The intensity is powerful and carefully written so I felt like I was right there in the jungle, very clear details. I definitely want to know more ...more
Debbie Craig
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Irish Winters books! Always good character development, storyline is solid. The only negative for me is sometimes I tear up at the fate of a character but love this new series...as good as the previous series with Alex and his gang.

Always good to read Irish Winters. Excellent character development and love this new series as much as Alex and his gang! Love Irish Winters.!
Lynn Hill
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have read any of Irish Winters books then I don’t have to tell you just how exciting this book is because each and every one of her books are beyond thrilling! If you haven’t read any of her books you are really missing out and need to hurry and get caught up and this is a great one to read! Trust me!
Patsy Gazaleh
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great series started!

This book promised to be the beginning of another series of stories similar to Irish Winters' "Company of Snipers" series and I am very excited! I was happy she finally told Tucker Chase & Melissa's story as well. While not quite as intense as Alex & Kelsey's, it was still very good. I love Deuce!
MSG Wong
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unbelievable.... Not even in your imagination

I really enjoyed the beginning of this series. But each book get sillier and more ludicrous. The characters are no longer possible-or believable. The missions, execution, the whole operating environment.. ugh. The story line is lost. I keep reading, hoping to find the magic of the first 3-4 books . but its gone.
Bernie
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King of Hearts review

King of Hearts is the first book in the Deuces Wild series written by author Irish Winters. This is a wonderful offshoot from the In the Company of Snipers series.
books are love
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I look forward to seeing where this series will go next. I love Isiah and how he helped Tucker see himself for who he was and helped him save all that he held dear. I also liked how he got Tucker to see what talents he had. I hope we see more of him in other books.
Tucker was lost or so it seemed. He to me was more confused. He was in love but felt he didn’t deserve her, lost his son but didn’t know how to be who his son needed. In the end he saw all he needed to be was himself. His love for his
Jessica
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
King of Hearts was my first book from Irish Winters and I'm kind of torn... because even though I liked parts of this book, I struggled with certain details in the story.

Tucker is an ex-Navy seal who became an FBI agent. He's kind of a hot mess but he's likable even with all of his flaws. His entire life revolves around his career with the exception of his feelings for Melissa - who he is completely smitten with.

Melissa on the other hand is a widow who has strong feelings for Tucker but she isn'
Eva Mcfarden
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Eva by: Reviewed for Hashtag Minxes

5 Stars

This was an amazing book. I love suspense, a hot, sexy man and a confident woman that rises from love. This story has everything a person could want. A father's fight for his son, a widow's love for her husband, a complicated love that has a man and a woman at a cross roads. Two careers, two worlds, two lives, only one love will be strong enough to endure the war ahead. When faced with danger, your heart will tell you all you need to know. Getting
Cheri
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Irish Winters never disappoints and this one certainly doesn't. What a fun ride. I love a strong hero. Make him a little, or in this case, a lot different and you have the start of something. The start of this series in a winner. Loved seeing the old friends of the previous series. I always enjoy checking in. The action, the characters, strong, emotional, and seeing Tucker give into his feelings for Melissa and Duece was amazing. He hasn't had an easy life. He's worked hard for our country at th ...more
Renee Entress
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, grief, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Melissa and Tucker’s story. Tucker wants Melissa but she is resisting him. She does not want to end up just another woman for him that he can bed and forget about. She had real love with her husband before she lost him and would love that again. But what happens when you just can’t resist any longer? With them rushing into danger is this the right time to be exploring anything? He needs
Marion Lent
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic New Series!

King of Hearts is the first of Irish's new crossover Deuces Wild series. And what a start! Once again, Irish gives us a story with the expected ups and downs only with an extremely important humanitarian twist.

Tucker Chase's story brings you full circle in your love/hate relationship with him. And enter Melissa...the main focus of his story....or is she? Hmm...I won't spoil anything and say. Tucker is forced to accept help from his nemesis and company, as well as come to te
Karmen
Not feeling this... come back later.
Karen Makay
Dec 10, 2016
June E. Collis
May 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Growing up in the countryside of Wisconsin, I always wanted to be a writer. I've dabbled in poetry, short stories, and more daydreaming than most. Way back when, I remember long Sunday afternoon drives with my parents where they'd
tell us eight kids to, 'Look out the window and see something!'

I've been looking out the window ever since . . .

In the great Northwest pines, I saw a woman who had nowh

Deuces Wild (3 books)
  • Joker Joker (Deuces Wild Book 2)
  • One-Eyed Jack (The Deuces Wild Series Book 3)