Start by marking “Beauty (Everland Ever After #3)” as Want to Read:
Beauty (Everland Ever After #3)

Beauty (Everland Ever After #3)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  662 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
A faded matron and a blinded musician... but which is the Beauty and which is the Beast?

Twice-widowed Arabella Mayor has made a place for herself and her son in Everland, selling and lending her beloved books to other bibliophiles in the sweet town. But she's running out of money, and ten-year-old Eddie is giving her fits, and their future is uncertain. Re-marriage might h
Paperback, Lit-Cube Special Edition, 247 pages
Published October 1st 2016 (first published May 31st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
This is an Old West style romance, very, VERY loosely based on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, with only the slightest touch of fantasy about it (some unseen fairy godmother group pulling a few strings here and there to get the couple together).

Vincenzio is a blind, disfigured man, a master violinist who is now a recluse in the Wyoming town of Everland. Arabella is a single mother of a ten year old boy, Edward, just trying to make a living. Her second husband (who died not long before the
Dawn
++SPOILERS+++

Man this author can WRITE!

I have so much to say about this book I don't know where to begin.

First, I have not used alot of my tags that pertain to this book because it would spoil MAJOR things. So you just have to trust me to say this is safe.. and when you see something as you read this that may be a trigger, just keep going... it won't trigger you. It all works out. I didn't see these twists comming, but some of you may. (I'm kinda gullible).

Now, I'm about to spoil the re
Deborah Andreasen
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic retelling

I loved this Beauty and the Beast retelling. There were times I couldn't tell who was the beauty and who was the Beast. The only complaint I have is that there was some sensual scenes. There was no explicit sex, but mentions of it and it made me nervous I was going to have to stop reading. I don't think the story needed that. It was beautiful and interesting on its own.
Lola Riggs
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book I have read this year. The emotions it caused makes it all the better, especially the last chapter . Love torn apart by a war, to later be reunited is just amazing . It's the first one in the series that I have read but I will be starting at the beginning so I can fall in love with more in this town .
mad4rombks
Jessica (a GREAT read)
And so The Beauty and the Beast readathon continues!! I picked up another one from my TBR pile, Beauty by Caroline Lee was in my LitCube from October I think? I can’t remember exactly, but since it was called a Beauty and the Beast retelling I was most eager to give it a read. Though what I found was somehow lacking, sadly.

It’s not to say that it was a bad book, it wasn’t, I just felt like it needed more. There was hardly any conflict really. The only problem that really existed that both of the
Whitebeard Books
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting retelling of a fairy tale but modernized and adjusted for a more adult read. While the conclusion is just what it should be, Ms. Lee does a circuitous route in getting the reader there. Give it a read, you won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to her next effort.
Joshualyn Prater
Jan 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Where to start??? This was the first book I've read from this author. I received this book in my litcube box. I honestly don't know how or why everyone likes this book and have it such high ratings. if I could give it a thumbs down or less then 1 star rating I would... The book was Boring, Predictable, It was NOT A retelling of beauty and the beast. The only thing in common were the names and the fact that she was "beautiful" and he was blind and disfigured which made him "ugly". I found it repe ...more
Jesse
Aug 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5.

In a word: uninspired. Taking classic fairy tales and transplanting them into reimagined settings is hardly new, and while this romance novel is competently written, it simply has nothing new or original or even interesting to offer, nor does it even bear much similarity to its inspiration: Beauty and the Beast. What drew my eye to this book in the first place is that it purported to be a love story with a disfigured protagonist. I really enjoy reading about people who exist outside of socie
Phoenix77
There is something special about the boom town of Everland. Author Caroline Lee has populated the community with characters straight out of the fairy tale books but given them a distinctly American spin. You won’t find cursed princes or magical talking housewares in this story, but if you look closely you may see a little magic at work in Beauty: An Everland Ever After Tale.

The gossips of Everland are all clamoring to discover more about the mysterious stranger who has settled there. The large h
Debbie
I admit that when I saw this in my Lit-Cube, I was skeptical. I just didn't see how the author could pull off a historical romance with a fairy-tale twist in an Old West town. It just sounded like a recipe for disaster.

Well, I will admit, I was wrong.

Yes, it was cheesy and fluffy, and I called the plot twist half-way through, but you know what? I still enjoyed the hell out of this book. It was cute and made me smile. Which is just really want I needed tonight.

Some minor quibbles:
The Beauty an
Jackson D'Lynne
I had the great honor of reading this book before its release, and I can gladly say that I enjoyed it. This is an ingenious retelling of the old, classic Beauty and the Beast, tale.

The story had depth, intrigue, and a twist I didn't see coming -- but LOVED!

If I have on complaint about the story, I have to say that I really didn't like the heroine through the first part of the story (before the critical point). She was shallow, and I wanted to punch her in the face. Thankfully, she cleaned up her
Sandie Laughner
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!! I feel that it was the best one yet in the Everland series. I won't repeat the blurb, as it's been done in other reviews. As a widow myself, this was an emotional roller coaster ride for me. I could identify in part with Arabella and her struggle to make ends meet and her feelings of lost love. Her meeting and interactions with the "Beast" proved very entertaining. If you believe in magic and second chances, then this book is for you. I shed happy tears at the end.
Melanie Mason
Good story. Kind of fun to see the fairytale theme throughout a historical fiction style book. I enjoyed the environment of the book and how the author created a town that embodied the fairy tales. It was also fun to meet characters that will feature in upcoming books.

I also liked that the characters pushed through difficult situations and how their choices in the past, though painful and detrimental didn't end up harming their future together, but instead helped each other.

Good read!
Tierra
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story but the ending seemed rushed and a lot of questions not answered. Also a few sexual descriptions not needed. (No sex scenes but thoughts running through his head). If the ending wasn't rushed then I would give an extra star.
Tricia G
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could live in Everland. *sigh* Doesn't everyone want their happily ever after? This particular book in the series is based on the tale of Beauty and the Beast while making it feel true to life. it was like a Disney movie for adults.
Pam
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Fantastic I thought is was a wonderful story! I will read another by this author. The characters were strong and believable great retelling of Beauty and the Beast. good twist in the story.
Shelly
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-novel
Quick read. A little predictable but still enjoyable. Since I've taken a fancy to fairy tale re-tellings I'll probably get around to reading the rest of the series.
Lex
It was a fun romp through a new telling of an old fairy tale. I enjoyed the characters mostly. But the "Beast's" story was a little too forced in my opinion and a very important detail for a musician was never addressed. Other than that, it was cute and a great fluffy Sunday read in front of the fireplace. I liked a some of the little details of the book shop, and the tea set, and the other fairy tale characters that are part of the town. Even the magic "help" at the end. It isn't one I'll ever ...more
Jeanne Johnston
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book once, only because my Kindle is crap at seeing covers an I wondered what freebie I'd snagged and why. Got as far as the first few lines of the blurb. Old West? Urg. Cowboys are not my thing. Beauty and the Beast riff? Especially not my thing. I've seen too many redos to want to suffer that again.

But then I finished another book (which really was crap), and I couldn't stand that book with the unfinished percentage at the top of my library. How awful could this be? Can't reall
Teri
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am just crazy about Everland. It is not at all difficult for me to remember that the stories are very loosely based on fairytales, but I just love the old west, the small-town feel, and the air of magic! So it’s not a hard stretch that I fell in love with Vincenzo and Arabella at all. They are both very flawed characters, he—flawed physically after an explosion, she—flawed in the way she sees herself & views others. He was running away from prying eyes, and she was trying to live by silly ...more
Renate
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
January 2018 book selection for Book Brigade: a romance-specific book club, run by an avid reader.

Beauty and the Beast meet in Everland, Wyoming. Caroline Lee is a talented fantasy writer intertwining our favorite fairy tales with history. This is my favorite Everland Ever After Tale crafting a tale about supposed widowed book store owner Arabella with a blind disfigured civil war soldier recluse. I always enjoy a book or tale within a story. The book Arabella reads to the blind recluse is Mark
Alex Criddle
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novel. I didn't want to put it down. The writing was compelling, the characters were intriguing and engaging, and the story was a creative take on a beloved classic. I found myself immersed in the story, and the emotions leapt off of the pages into my very being. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a twist in the story that took me by surprise. The concept of a world of fairy tale characters living in Wyoming in the late 1800s was unique and masterfully done. I will definite ...more
Corey
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauty - Everland Ever After

I am loving the Everland series more with each book! Beauty - Everland Ever After tells the fairytale love story of Beauty and the Beast s a historical romance set in Late 1800s Wyoming. The story deals with the issue of what's more important- outer or inner beauty? Caroline thank you for writing this series!
Gisela
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I love retellings and I really enjoyed this one. This is the reason why I gave it 3 stars. But if I'm going to be objective, this is a simple, cheesy and very predictable story, I cannot even say anything about the story without spoiling it. I know most readers will give it 2 or even 1 star. But I will continue with the series.
Liberty
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caroline Lee writes a beautiful tale of love, loss, settling and finding love again. Vincenzo Bellini builds a house in Everland to retire as a recluse and avoid the stares and taunting that follow him. Arabella Mayor is overly focused on beauty and propriety. Can these two tortured souls bring out the best in each other and find healing, or even love?
jane pearson
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauty

Beauty found the beast within herself, A wonderful wonderful story full of compassion with a twist at the end you never saw coming. Another lovely Everland book to add to this awesome series.
Misty  Bourlart
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read

This is my first book from the Ever land series. I love the idea of blending fairy tales and Western romances, it leads to such original and yet familiar stories. This book is sure to give you the warm and fuzzies.
Gina
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

A beautiful story loosely based on Beauty and the Beast. It makes you reflect on how beauty is not so much in how you look, but the beauty that is on the inside. How respect and kindness lead to love.
Rini Cross
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads Librari...: Publish Date not showing when sorting 7 196 Sep 21, 2017 04:37PM

Everland Ever After (9 books)
  • Little Red (Everland Ever After, #1)
  • Ella (Everland Ever After, #2)
  • The Stepmother (Everland Ever After, #4)
  • Rapunzelle (Everland Ever After, #5)
  • Briar Rose (Everland Ever After, #6)
  • Rose Red (Everland Ever After, #7)
  • The Mermaid (Everland Ever After, #8)
  • The Prince's Pea (Everland Ever After, #9)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be