Start by marking “Een Hemel Van Spreuken (Tovenaarsring, #9)” as Want to Read:
Een Hemel Van Spreuken (Tovenaarsring, #9)

Een Hemel Van Spreuken

(The Sorcerer's Ring #9)

In EEN HEMEL VAN SPREUKEN (BOEK #9 IN DE TOVENAARSRING), heeft Thorgrin eindelijk zichzelf teruggevonden en moet hij de confrontatie met zijn vader aangaan. Er ontstaat een hevige strijd tussen hen, terwijl Rafi zijn krachten gebruikt om een leger van ondoden op te roepen. Nu het Zwaard van het Lot vernietigd is en het lot van de Ring aan een zijden draadje hangt, moeten A ...more
ebook
Published April 25th 2017 by Morgan Rice (first published November 6th 2013)

Matt Colvin
I just don't know what to do with this series anymore. I feel invested having completed 9 books already, yet utterly frustrated with how stagnant Thor's character has become. Constantly yearning to meet his mother yet continually putting it off. Not developing his powers whatsoever and then suddenly being able to use them after a dream?!? I wonder when this will all wrap up.
Charity Windham
Mar 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I swear, I am pretty sure that the only reason I am still reading this series is because I just want to see, in written text, what becomes of this imaginary world. Although I has a relatively good and interesting plot, most of the scenes you would think of as exciting just bore me, again. Every exciting scene is a repeated version of the one exactly like that happened two chapters before. I want to read something that describes each experience as new and different, not that same thing over and o ...more
Julie Powell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are many twists and turns in book #9 (I have the bundle 7, 8, 9 but wanted to post a short review for this one). There are highs and lows, battles and the unexpected.

The writing style is great - fast-paced and imaginative - but it does need proper editing.

Overall, an entertaining, engaging and enjoyable read.
Greyscotty
While risking sounding like the proverbial broken record, I can't believe I'm still bothering with this series. I have said before that I think it's a question of quantity over quality and I reiterate that here. The editing of this installment is - in a word - lousy! Missed words, words misused, tenses wrongly spelled plus other misspellings galore and so on and so on. After the fun of "Victor, Vanquished, Son" it is difficult to visualize two books being written by the same author.
Ginger
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm getting discouraged. Gwen and Thor aren't married yet with her pregnant for what seems 16 months. It took 9 books to kill the evil father and drug addict brother. I am still intrigued to read the next book. Can I be a proofreader for this publishing company? Wish I could mark all the mistakes in my ebooks and forward it to the author.
Jacob Harks
I just feel like by this time, the story is being too drawn out. Also, I find the book kind of monotonous as Rice uses the same phrase multiple times throughout the book. I just feel the plot has strayed too far from the original and has taken a tremendous dive in quality.
Yahuhanan (יהוחנן) Yukia (雪亮)
Recurring things from Book 1 to Book 9:
1. A confusing geography. I suggest keeping a map of the world.
2. Character name mix-ups.
3. Very important: perspective. How can a character know who's attacking who when they haven't met the commander? Please stick to one voice. We're in the head of a character that had no idea what's going on, and yet, he knew something he shouldn't have known. The storyteller and the character shouldn't be mixed together, it's too confusing.
4. Too many cliches. Seriously
Jace golueke
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's full of excitement, adventure and a great book for people who like to read fantasy books.
Darin
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story line, only negative is the editing. Typos are not as forgivable as they used to be, spell check is just to prevalent, and editors should have caught them before it hit presses as well.
Stacy Weinberg
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so HOOKED in this story, I have to know what happens next. With that being said, the writing needs help, earlier books had a lot of repetition(same word james’s over and over to describe different events) and that has gotten somewhat better, but still occurs some. But the editing is still horrible. Sometimes I have to read a sentence several times using different words to fill in the area I know was not typed correctly before I find a word i Hope is correct/sounds correct to me.
Pat Raab
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always there are new problems and another difficult decision to be taken, there are choices to be made, and a kingdom to rule. At last Thor has been able to complete the first part of his mother's request, but even in a time of peace there are dark clouds gathering. I'm only about halfway through the series and the story so far effectively covers a little more than a year in time, but it is an epic tale!
Caroline
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the editing is still horrendous, the storyline and content have finally come up a notch. The first eight books were all consumed with chopping off heads, and other violent acts. They were downright depressing. This book, however, had a glimmer of hope, of goodness and kindness. Finally a decent balance of good and evil. On to book 10
nope
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan Rice's A Sky of Spells is enough. I got into The Sorcerer's Ring series after reading the graphic novel, but at this rate, Thorgrin is just an overpowered guy who single handedly changes wars, and Gwen just keeps getting harrassed. It's super repetitive, using the same stories over and over again. It's much too old. It keeps going. Honestly.
Sandra
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying the series.
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Bruce Sorge
Typos Gone Wild

If you need an editor, I'm available. The typos are such a distraction. It's sad, because I'm enjoying the story so far.
Becky Conley
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book in the series. It had been my favorite out of the last several!
Sonia Knippshild
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Great series. Needs better proofreading.
Joe Goins
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BAD
Anirudh Anand
Boring as fuck. Series is repetitive at best. Don't read it. It's a waste of time
Scott
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, this is more of the same in this series. Very little growth in the writing style of the author IMO.

It reads the same as the other books and if I did not already own the 10th book, I would not bother reading it. It might benefit the author to package these into more complete sets of books. Not in a trilogy or something along those lines. But each "book" reads like it is a short story in the grand scheme of the series.

I would like to see more growth from the characters and a little more worl
Danny
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm starting to grow a little tired of this series (as is evident in how long to took me to finishing reading this book). While I started out enjoying thus series's, not as much now for several reasons.

Firstly, it seems like Rice is merely repeating the same general plot lines in each book/every couple of books. At beginning light hearted and happy times, a fourth the way though big quest time where it is destiny to complete it, halfway though Thor's current powers/skills aren't enough and he i
Erth
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and had to get the other 16 in the series. I just could not put it down. Some days i read for 8 hours straight. What a great fantasy ride. So much is happening in these books but the author writes it so it is easy to follow, like several little stories happening in one book. The characters I found to visualize, like and or dislike quickly. Descriptions were intense and in depth enough to make me feel as I were there in the story as a character myself.

If you like action, romance,
Linda
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
While Thor, Reece, Gwendolyn, the Legion and the Silver work to bring peace back to the Ring all their lives can be lost in a moment. Andronicus and the McClouds need to be defeated (killed actually) and the Empire needs to be held back from crossing over into the Ring while the shield is down.

There are so many bad people to be defeated it seems impossible to keep the peace but it does happen for about 6 months and then things begin to backfire. Gwendolyn feels an unease that she can not shake o
Nora
Screw it. I'm not finishing this! This has gone on for way too long. I'm not even sure which book this is in the series, the 9th or something, out of like 15?? From what I've read so far, The Sorcerer's Ring is a fun read; but seriously Morgan Rice, there's a limit on how many books you can write that combined, only add up to a year in the lives of these characters. Maybe later in the series there will be a jump in time, but right now it's annoying me too much to want to read any further.
It cou
Roberto Mattos
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this episode Morgan continues this superb story. This episode starts with Thorgrin recovering his senses and confronting his father. Reece is rescued by Selese and at the end Mycoples saves the day with her new friend Ralibar. Gwendolyn has to make some hard decisions in order to keep peace in the ring. Packed with action, this book will keep you entertained for hours. And there is not an idle moment until you turn the last page!
Get ready for another very entertaining episode of this incredib
tracey welch
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth your time.

This story line was great. You know the stories that have the big fight scene and all the destruction and damage and the horrible things that happened,(end of book 8) but the hero comes along and saves the the day, and boom! Story over. And your like, well what happens now. What about this guy? Did he live? What happened at this place? Is it gone? What do they say to each other after all that?
Well, this book covers it. After everything that happened in book 8, we get the satisf
Rodney
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only gave it 3 stars because I did not hate it. That said, it was better than the previous few books that made me want to quit the series. This one wraps up the ongoing conflicts in the series, to a point, but absolutely sets up others. Again, my problem is with the fact that the choices these characters make and, in some cases, the characters themselves, are just too much...to the point of being absurd and cartoonish. At this point, I think Rice is simply creating conflict and having his char ...more
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Another Good Entry

In the ninth Sorcerer's Ring story, which like its predecessors opens with a Shakespeare quotation, protagonist Thorgrin's loyalties are settled once and for all, with the conflict between the free people's of the Ring and Andronicus' Empire gradually concluding, with Luanda captive of Romulus and Reece and his companions seeking to emerge from the Canyon to rejoin the fight. Marriage proposals abound, as well, with an intervention of six moons elapsing in the middle of the sto
Shireen
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This series is not bad for a young adult category. The last couple had more errors in spelling, repetition and even getting characters mixed up. Could easily cut out half the fighting scenes and comments by the characters such as "she feels like the sister I never had" over and over.

The first two I got for free, liked them and kept reading. Ms. Morgan could have combined all these books into 3 larger ones and would have had a great trilogy. But, saying that I've invested so much time into thes
« previous 1 3 next »

• The List Unseen (The Chronicles of Lumineia: The Second Draeken War, #4)
  • A Trial of Souls (The Godling Chronicles, #4)
  • Mordecai (The Riven Gates, #1)
  • The Tower Broken (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #3)
  • Covenant (Hellgate: London, #3)
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Four
  • Touched by Love
  • Deathmarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #4)
  • Journeymage (The Spellmonger, #6)
  • The Dark Citadel (The Dark Citadel, #1)
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 9 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 9] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #9)
  • Goo and Spot in the Do Not Wiggle Riddle
  • A Soul For Trouble (Soulbearer, #1)
  • Cold Hearted Son of a Witch (The Dragoneers Saga, #2)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERER’S RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the e ...more

The Sorcerer's Ring (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1)
  • A March of Kings (The Sorcerer's Ring, #2)
  • A Fate of Dragons (The Sorcerer's Ring, #3)
  • A Cry of Honor (The Sorcerer's Ring, #4)
  • A Vow of Glory (The Sorcerer's Ring, #5)
  • A Charge of Valor (The Sorcerer's Ring, #6)
  • A Rite of Swords (The Sorcerer's Ring, #7)
  • A Grant of Arms (The Sorcerer's Ring, #8)
  • A Sea of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10)
  • A Reign of Steel (The Sorcerer's Ring, #11)