Start by marking “Azure: Death in the Texas Hill Country (Color Book Mysteries 1)” as Want to Read:
Azure: Death in the Texas Hill Country (Color Book Mysteries 1)

Azure: Death in the Texas Hill Country (Color Book Mysteries 1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Oh, the Texas Hill Country!

Limitless sky and spectacular Spring wildflowers make the Texas Hill Country ideal for a relaxing executive retreat ~ until someone on the team is murdered and Art Director Maeve Clarke is framed.

Road trip with Maeve as she sorts out this fast-paced whodunit, despite the clouds of an elaborate embezzlement scheme, an epic sibling rivalry and a
Published October 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Azure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azure

Katy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't read many mysteries, but I couldn't resist the title, since I live in the Texas Hill Country. The characters were so well-drawn, they became real people to this reader. The details of the setting really place the reader in the story. Even though some of the scene and chapter endings are too abrupt, I recommend this story of loyalty, jealousy, family secrets, and murder. The main character, Maeve, is a heroine for whom to cheer, and there are unexpected moments throughout to make you laug ...more
Cheryl Leary
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Fun Romp

This first novel was an interesting, entertaining and fun romp that was in no way ordinary or even remotely predictable. In many mysteries that I've read I know what's going to happen a long time before the end but this story keeps you guessing until the end - which is upbeat and sweet.
Joe Dulworth
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Today I finished reading “Azure: Death in the Texas Hill Country” by M Witt McCarty. I thought it was a solid first effort for a new author. I especially like all of the detailed references to local places and icons I grew up with being a Native Texan that has lived here all of my life. I’d give it 3 stars myself. ...more
Carol Ann
Great read!

Loved the combination of mystery, mayhem, and comedy which made me laugh out loud. Unlike many mysteries of this type, the situations were not silly or contrived, but hilarious because they are so true to life. Great depiction of some typical Texas personalities and moving descriptions of the beautiful Texas Hill Country. And, of course, a surprise ending. Can't wait to read more from this author!
M McCarty
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the best book I've ever written! Not sure why GoodReads would ask ME to review it, but hey, I'm giving Azure 5 stars because this is the novel I wrote after reading so many that made me want to write my own. Cheers!
Chris Payne
Aug 01, 2017
Kim
Nov 01, 2017
1 follower
M Witt McCarty is an artist and a vinotourist who loves a great mystery. She lives in the Texas Hill Country with her husband, three nearly grown children, a black and a white poodle, and some backyard chickens that she keeps outfitted in hand-knitted sweaters.