Start by marking “Wonder Woman, Vol. 3: The Circle” as Want to Read:
Wonder Woman, Vol. 3: The Circle

Wonder Woman, Vol. 3: The Circle

(Wonder Woman (2006) #3)

First printing. The only sign that this is ex-library is a small library stamp on rear free end paper.
Published September 30th 2008 by DC Comics (first published September 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Woman, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Woman, Vol. 3

Anne
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gail Simone makes Wonder Woman look cool. Finally. Even the dorky much-lampooned Lasso Of Truth is a wicked weapon in her hands. Simone, you're my hero.
Sesana
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
I've heard very good things about Gail Simone's run on Wonder Woman, so I went in with high expectations. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed. Yay! This particular volume feels very exposition-y, and it bears remembering that this is right after the highly ill-advised Amazons Attack! storyline (which I am boycotting). In other words, it's a lot of foundation. It felt like a solid foundation to me, and it opened up a storyline that I wasn't expecting, relating to Diana's birth. More will come of this, ...more
James DeSantis
I just can't seem to really connect to a wonder woman comic. I enjoyed most of Gail's stuff, and this story isn't bad, and art is solid, but just...did almost nothing for me on personal level.
Chelsea
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Artemis
Been sighted as one of the best 'Wonder Woman' comic books in the last decade, as penned by Gail Simone. Sure I was hyped up - even the packaging was immaculate and handled with extreme care when it was posted to my door. But experience has taught me to always keep my expectations low on anything.

In the end I couldn't help it - the book and its cover make it look like a Greek mythology treasure trove!

Nonetheless, I enjoyed 'Wonder Woman, Vol. 3: The Circle'.

The plotting is solid - nothing and no
Claire
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Wonder Woman: The Circle. It conveys all the best qualities of Wonder Woman. She sees all the details of a situation without losing sight of the big picture: a great strategic and diplomatic mind, strong, fierce and compassionate.

Mercedes Lackey wrote a great introduction for this volume, but I would hold off reading it until after you've read the book so you can form your own opinions unbiased. However, if you need to be sold on reading it, then by all means, read the introduc
Tim
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
To quote from the Mercedes Lackey preface, "Here is the warrior who knows that the goal of fighting is to end conflict, who understands strategy and uses every advantage, who knows that negotiation and compromise are tools fit for a warrior, who never loses compassion even for her enemies. Here is Wonder Woman, coherent. Here at last is Wonder Woman as Goddess."
Michael Wilson
Jan 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I think that Mercedes Lackey said it best (by quoting Gail Simone) about Gail Simone's vision of Wonder Woman in the introduction: "When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call in Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman." And the stories contained within illustrate why GS's vision is so powerful... and show why many times the knock-down-drag-out fights are not always necessary, and that you can be unafraid to fight, while li ...more
Felicia
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not being that familiar with other Wonder Woman stories, i really enjoyed the depth of character put into this book. I felt like it was really clear how heroic a character Wonder Woman is from the writing, i enjoyed the art as well. Just very honest and grounded, which is hard to do in the format.
Cassandra
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great soft reboot of Wonder Woman. Gail Simone writes a powerful and compelling heroine and manages to create a coherent backstory that resolves some of the inconsistencies in Wonder Woman's history. I didn't dig the Nazi fighting and the forced romance at the end knocked off a full star from my rating, but overall I really enjoyed this volume.
Tar Buendía
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But fight to win."

Me ha gustado mucho el arco. Está muy bien montado y me gusta mucho la Diana que escribe Simone. Demasiados planos con culos detallados para ser sinceros eso sí.

Pero bueno, especialmente en el final ha habido varios dibujos que me han encantado. Y la coleta/lazo le sienta genial.
Kerri Duff
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
This wasn't my favorite but it was good and Wonder Woman is quickly becoming one of my favourite DC characters. I loved the artwork, and liked the story.
Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
I think I anticipated this to be more amazing than it was. This was most likely due to the fact it was recommended to me so frequently and it therefore got my hopes up too much. I can definitely see it's merit and why people enjoyed it so much. It did finish on a rather interesting note that's left me interested in continuing with this series, so props to Simone in that regards.
Summer
I love Wonder Woman and Terry and Rachel Dodson's art is always excellent. The Circle was one of the more easier comic books to sink into especially considering this is book three in the series. However I still felt a bit lost and and the new artist in the last 50 pages wasn't as impressive.
Heather Fryling
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Just ok... Based on other reviews, I was expecting depth of character, original plot lines.
Jacki
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Summary: Wonder Woman makes friends with some sentient gorillas, fights to save her homeland from invading Nazi goons and her mother from the former members of the queen's personal guard, and faces off with a member of another DC franchise over the fate of the Khund.

Verdict: Strangely bland.

Yay!: Mercedes Lackey writes a great introduction to this volume. Wonder Woman's core values are shown as she tries to befriend enemies, kicks butt, and extends mercy. The fight scenes are decent, and the bri
Brini
I've never read a solo Wonder Woman story and this story was perfect to change that. You learn about her mother, Queen Hippolyta, and the Amazons. Right from the beginning you can tell why Diana has earned her status as the Amazon princess. She can see even the slightest spark of good in everyone while still remaining a fearless warrior who will stop at nothing to protect what is good. She can see the bigger picture. One of the best things was to see her Lasso Of Truth at work— how it enters the ...more
Kit
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Kind of beginning to see why Gail Simone is a thing, even if I felt kinda icky about the whole...babylust jealously thing, but it is a really interesting premise, given WW's background. The exploration of this idea with women has always kind of confused me, but at least the art and writing was solid.
Eli Poteet
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
It was entertaining enough. I liked how Wonder Woman knows all the gods and goddesses and deities of all the pantheons. Really I just want to see the amazon make out with other female lead roles, that would be fantastic, just do away with the blonde doe eyed heterosexual flirtation and I'd rate it a stars!
Hannah Givens
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I wish I'd been able to get more emotionally invested, but it's a good solid Wonder Woman book.
Paweł
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc
Bonusowe numery ze srebrnej ery dały mi raka.
Matthew Hittinger
I heart Gail Simone.
Ann D-Vine
There exist people who might not know why Gail Simone getting to write for Wonder Woman is such a big deal. That's pretty depressing, honestly. As the third book in the Wonder Woman 75th anniversary box set, The Circle marks the one volume of four that is actually penned by a woman - and the actual ratio of man-to-woman creators on Wonder Woman, writers or otherwise, is distressingly low. So, yeah, Gail Simone having a run on Wonder Woman, getting to actually, for once, breathe a genuine feminin ...more
Bradley Prior
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ido
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc
4.5
I wrote a review of each part of the book.
Simply amazing book.
There were several plot lines that were opened in the first chapter, a turning point at the end of the first chapter, dealing mainly with the turn.
And then there were a few other things that happened to connect all the plot points to an excellent ending in the last chapter.
Now, I will try to compose all the reviews I have written on each of the parts in the book separately:
Wonder Woman #14 :
It was perfect.
I wrote in one of my prev
Maythavee
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a fantastic start to Gail Simone's run! I really enjoyed this arc!

My favourite thing about this arc was Simone's exploration of the Amazon mythology. In the previous runs, we were told that every Amazon on Themyscira rejoiced the day Diana was born. What if there were some Amazons weren't happy that the Queen asked the Gods for a child? In this arc, we're introduced to Alkyone, Charis, Myrto and Philomela. They were Hippolyta's chosen royal guards until the day they conspired to murder
Kristen Schrader (Wenke)
I love Wonder Woman, but I just can't wrap my brain about what's happening in this one thematically. The artwork is great, and the dialogue and action were fine. But I don't even know if it was well-written because I found the odd themes so distracting.
**SPOILERS AHEAD**
I'm baffled trying to figure out what the author is trying to say here.
You have a society of women who can't have children, so they all go baby-crazy? To the point that they anthropomorphize dolls, and at least one lady has to
Jorge
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decir verdad, el equipo que tiene detrás la obra hacía que me esperara algo diferente, aunque no sé exactamente el qué. Sigue sin gustarme la sexualización de Wonder Woman, y el dibujo me resulta demasiado tosco (incluso feo) en ocasiones, pero al mismo tiempo deja viñetas y momentos soberbios. El guión es bueno, pero la historia no sobresale por su originalidad, y quizás resulte un poco confusa por sí misma, sin haber leído los tomos anteriores de la amazona (del mismo modo, el final es un ta ...more
Cris
I'm not a fan of graphic novels. That's not a judgment upon GNs, just that I'm not visually orientated; I prefer words.

That said, I rather enjoyed The Circle. I found that the images enhanced the words, providing a visual image that expanded upon the text.

I also enjoyed the actual story. The character of Diana was impressive--here she's a goddess, an avatar for truth, a warrior that offers mercy and a loving daughter. I tried this volume because it was recommended by a website for fans of the re
Ashley
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
This volume has two major arcs in it: nazis invading Themiscyra, then an aggressive alien society recruiting Diana to defend them from genocide. Interesting enough topics, with some good twists and some moral lessons as the stories progressed. My problem with this one was that the ordering of the panels and the various fonts and colours of captions for a bunch of different narrators made it difficult to parse what was happening where and who was speaking. I found by the end I didn't care.

Recomme
Bitch Team Alpha ...: Wonder Woman 2 7 Jan 25, 2015 11:57PM
  • Wonder Woman: Down to Earth
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Challenge of the Gods
  • Wonder Woman: Paradise Found
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Who is Wonder Woman?
  • Wonder Woman: Spirit of Truth
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 2
  • Manhunter, Vol. 2: Trial by Fire
  • JLA: A League of One
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 2: Road Trip
  • Wonder Woman: Lifelines
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 12: Platinum Flats
  • Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!
  • Batgirl, Volume 2: The Flood
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Love and Murder
Gail Simone is a comic book writer well-known for her work on Birds of Prey (DC), Wonder Woman (DC), and Deadpool (Marvel), among others, and has also written humorous and critical commentary on comics and the comics industry such as the original "Women in Refrigerators" website and a regular column called "You'll All Be Sorry".

Wonder Woman (2006) (9 books)
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Who is Wonder Woman?
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Love and Murder
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 4: Ends of the Earth
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 5: Rise of the Olympian
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 6: Warkiller
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 7: Contagion
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 1
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 2
“If loss makes you doubt your belief in justice, then you never truly believed in justice at all.” 6 likes