Start by marking “Andre in Flight” as Want to Read:
Andre in Flight

Andre in Flight

When up-and-coming Miami artist Martin Fonseca encounters youthful pretty boy Andre Bellamy washing dishes in the kitchen of La Candela, he swears he’s known him before. But Andre only arrived in Miami weeks ago, after running away from small-town Alabama and his abusive father. When Martin discovers Andre trading sexual favors for a place to stay, he offers him a way out. ...more
ebook, First Edition, 134 pages
Published November 16th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Andre in Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Andre in Flight

Start your review of Andre in Flight
SheReadsALot
FOUR HEARTS--

'I've watched you sleep a thousand times.'

New-to-me Laura Lascarso is fairly new in the MM romance department. And she made an impression after reading novella, Andre in Flight.

I'm not sure how exactly to categorize it, probably contemporary new adult with a twist. The twist is everything that makes this story move. I'll try my hardest not give it away.

Set in Miami, twenty-something artist Martin works as a waiter in a Cuban fusion restaurant. His circle of fr
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2016
5+++stars

If i should describe this with one word....? WONDERFUL I want to dance circles and sing and only whisper.......beautiful....beautiful ...
Some books can touch my heart and make my cry...this one did...

It was from a artist pov definitely.
The sentences could be from a poet because my god the lines were beautiful. I was completely captivated by them.

Andre the dishwasher, young, flawless and beautiful. Martin is head over heels. Martin just six years older feels so more mature then twenty-
Moony Eliver
I’m sad. I hate giving a negative review to an author I love, but this isn’t LL’s best work. I was interested enough in the setup to read the whole thing, but I never fully connected with the characters nor did I buy the story’s evolution.

I always second-guess myself in situations like this and wonder if it was just the subject matter that didn’t work for me. But the thing is... when I’m feeling the writing (especially the characters), all kinds of stuff works for me that I’d never have thought
Xia Xia
Mar 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
Time of death: 17%

Laura Lascarso is one of my favorite YA writers. I've read When Everything Is Blue, The Bravest Thing, and what I consider to be her masterpiece, Hiroku and she is going to be a forever autobuy for me.

Andre in Flight was published in 2016, way before the books I've mentioned above.
If this is the first book you read by LL, and you like it, good for you.
If this is the first book you read by LL, and you don't like it, give LL another chance and read one of the books I mentioned a
Hollis
This book was just so unexpected. Initially I didn't actually like where ANDRE IN FLIGHT was raring up to go, mostly because one of the supporting characters just kept wigging me out, but then.. I don't know, either it settled, or I settled into it, and the resolution of it all.. I did find myself enjoying it.

I don't even know how to describe this. And I don't want to try for fear of spoiling it.

It's a little bit of a taboo romance, a little bit coming of age, a little bit mystery, and all abo
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

I had a problem with the dishwasher: I couldn’t take my eyes off him.

Laura Lascarso is a new-to-me author and with this novella, I found that I loved her writing style. The way Lascarso wrote about Martin’s fascination with Andre, the paintings he creates … they just came alive off the pages. It has a melodious quality to it. I saw on her website that she also writes poetry, so it might have been a factor. In any case, this book compelled me.

I wasn’t sure that Martin’s l
Katerina
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve watched him sleep a thousand times.

I’ll kill him before I let anyone take him from me.

This was something very special and I loved it very much. It was a real pleasure the interwoven secrets to discover. Unique. Full of art and poetry.
Highly recommended!

Eugenia
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a complete paranormal delight! Andre in Flight is my second read by the talented Laura Lascarso and I must say that I’m becoming a big fan of her writing style. It’s smart, well paced, and intriguing.

At first glance this appears to be a normal, contemporary book set in Miami. Yet, one of the MC’s, Martin, becomes instantly obsessed with a new, young dishwasher at his restaurant. He swears he knows him, intimately. But Andre has been in Miami less than two weeks.

Along with this eeri
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Stars.

To be totally honest, I'm not entirely sure how to review Andre in Flight- so bear with me, please.

Laura Lascarso is a new-to-me author, and I was more than surprised at the levels of emotion woven into the story. The main reason I'm finding difficulty reviewing is simply because I don't wish to give anything away.

The best thing an author can do for me is surprise me- being a writer myself, I can usually see the path t
Pianka *call me PIU*

“Andre in Flight” by Laura Lascarso is a beautifully written story about soul mates and eternal love. The author has done an excellent job in capturing the emotions, longing, grief and creativity which will leave you wanting for more.

Martin Fonseca
is an up and coming artist in Miami with immense talent. He has been trying to get recognized without much effect. Then he meets the beautiful and mesmerizing Andre. Martin is drawn to Andre like a moth to a flame. He cannot let go of the
ConM
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was in 5 star, DIK territory for me; but in the last 1/4 it went out with a whimper rather than a bang. I guessed the reveal, which is alluded to in the blurb, but how the protagonists learned about it was meh.

All that said, great story, great characters, and location. Andre was a sweetie, Martin was difficult, but that was his nature.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm

I picked this up after reading a friend's review, and it was quite enjoyable. I kept waiting for the big twist, thinking that Andre was the key player there, but I was wrong and never saw what actually happened coming. So that was a nice change and made for a different twist on things.
Dorian Graves
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a book. What a light, beautiful, hard-to-review book.

See the mentioned genre of "paranormal romance?" That's true, but not in the typical monsters-and-magic kind of paranormal. It's the kind where the paranormal elements are subtle and almost metaphorical, and their revelation allows the reader to look back on the rest of the book and go "Oh, this all makes SO MUCH SENSE now." Yet at the same time, the author never fully answers all the questions, the why's and even what one of the charact
Elisa Rolle
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2017 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Andre in Flight Laura Lascarso
1) The setting is particularly vivid, particularly in regards to Martin’s living space. I can picture his home perfectly, from the rainbow lantern out front to the paintings turned to face the wall despite the perfect lighting, and attention is also paid to how the house changes along with Martin and Andre’s relationship. The house is almost a character on its own, which makes the ending all the sweeter. Miami itself is equally
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The mystery aspect of this story is like following a breadcrumb trail and at the end you can finally fit all the piece together. Beautiful! I like the twists and the romance is very sexy.
Staci
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this cover! This has a paranormal-ish twist to it that I wasn't expecting. I felt like the story was a little rushed and portions could've been expanded on to add more character depth.

Andre and Martin have great chemistry which I enjoyed.

3.5-4 stars

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
I liked the story but it didn't fully engaged me, something in the characters and the chemistry beween them left me a little dubious. Anyway it's well written and well developed. 3 stars
Lada
Jan 01, 2017 added it
Shelves: not-for-me
Dropped at 6% because several things have already pushed my wrong buttons.
Julia
Wow, I was not able to put this novella down - Laura Lascarso once again blew me away with her beautiful writing style.

I loved the way she portrayed the characters; I really liked open and direct and honest Andre, it was so refreshing to read about a character who would just speak his mind.
Martin was equally fascinating. I loved the way he looked at everything through an artist's eyes - the author did a great job here by actually showing the readers that Martin is a painter and not just telling
Amneris Cesare
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I honestly cannot say if I liked it or not. Usually I love fantasy books but when I start reading knowing that they are specifically included under that type of narrative genre. This one somehow cheated on me. The blurb does not give clues about the twist that at the end changes all the plot and reveals the mistery under it. Yes, while I write this review I reflect and realize that for the most part I feel cheated.
Relationship between Martin and Andre was wonderful, described with a kind of perf
Elizabetta
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this one wasn’t as much my cup of tea as previous reads from this author (which I loved) have been. I think it was the power gap—Andre was so dependent on Martin for everything. And Martin’s constant emphasis on Andre’s physical beauty read as shallow, even though Andre becomes a muse to Martin’s brilliant talent as a portrait painter. While I really liked the artistic element, there was an unfolding in the plot at around 75 percent in that just felt weird (view spoiler) ...more
Bev
The author obviously believes in the idea of past lives lived, and coming back as someone/something entirely different. The writing had an almost poetic feel to it, but didn't quite live up to The Bravest Thing for me, and I can't wait for When Everything Is Blue which comes out soon. ...more
Shirley Manus
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful love.

Gorgeous guys Martin and Andre, they meet while working at the same restaurant. Martin is a artist and Andre becomes his muse, they move in together, fall in love and then everything just falls a part. Martin is very jealous of Andre's time and Andre leaves causing Martin to nearly self destruct. After some time apart they come back together to build a much better relationship. Sexy times and sweet love and some mystical qualities in this book. A real pleasure to read.
Zeoanne
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful story, one left me holding my breath as I read, especially toward the end. It was fantastically well-written, with wonderful, believable characters. I love reading stories about broken and hurt men, in this case, young adults, then see how they build each other/themselves and become happy and whole men.
I am glad to have read this wonderful book and will definitely read more from this author.
Gail
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really great little story with a paranormal twist. Two areas of weakness for me (which kept me from a 5 rating) were 1) the seeming complete lack of any initial disbelief the characters might normally be expected to have with the paranormal aspect and 2) loose ends left dangling around Melissa and the old man with the painting of Simone.
Stefanie
Jan 26, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
DepictonFiction
Wow that was something complety different. Can't say much without giving it away. It's not something I usually read, but I enjoyed it very much.
The cover is beautiful.
MariF
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Very lyrical, dynamic and haunting.
Sunny
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This story hit me hard with the feels. Beautiful.
Snjez
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was stunningly beautiful.

The relationship between Martin and Andre was so sweet and wonderfully done. And I absolutely loved the writing style, very poetic and magical.

• Falling For My Roommate
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • The Parable of the Mustard Seed
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • Liam Davis & The Raven (Love Inscribed, #1)
  • Boy Shattered
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • American Dreamer
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Riven (Riven, #1)
Laura Lascarso wants you to stay up way past your bedtime reading her stories. She aims to inspire more questions than answers in her fiction and believes in the power of storytelling to heal and transform a society.

When not writing, Laura can be found screaming “finish” on the soccer fields, rewatching Veronica Mars, and trying to convince politicians that climate change is real. She lives in No