Start by marking “Misaligned (Counterplay #0.5)” as Want to Read:

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
mis·a·ligned
/ˌmisəˈlīnd/
adjective
1. having an incorrect position or alignment.
2. improperly aligned

Millicent Douglas can't resist two things in life: good revenge and hot sex. She discovers her ticket to both in Missouri. Her heart may be closed to love, but that doesn't mean she can't have some fun along the way.

Stephen Mullins, creator of a black market organ schem
Published October 17th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Misaligned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misaligned

Siobhan
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year, I read Witch Dance by Elizabeth Burgess. It’s a young adult fantasy novel, completely different to the Counterplay series. In fact, the two couldn’t be more different if they had tried. Having enjoyed Witch Dance, I was interested to see what the Counterplay series was like. After all, the entire notion of the Counterplay series really pulled me in from the moment I set my eyes upon it.

Thus, I went ahead and investigated the series. Through the author’s website, I came upon he
Katy Birch
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Millie and Nash.

Millie was once married to Nash's dad. He was unfaithful and left her for another woman. However she remains really close to him son, Nash. They both have strong feelings for one another but never acting on it.

They are both out for revenge against Nashs dad and that is what drives Millie. They are all doctors and Millie has a plan thats sure to rake in the money. But what will happen along the way with Bob who was in the plan with Millie, he seems very unstable and not a very nic
Denise
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Misaligned' was an awesome novella that explains quite a bit, whether you read it first or between the following books in the 'Counterplay Series'. Nash and Millie have such a bond. They are considered beautiful and forbidden to each other. But their friendship and devotion are unbridled. Bob is still a creep. I think he was hatched that way. This storyline was well written and the way it played out gave me a sense to some of the reasons and actions that occur in the books thereafter. A great a ...more
T.
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded The foundation as a free novella from Amazon. Interesting set up for the Waiting series. I can't say I liked any of the characters, but I loved to hate them. Machiavellian back-stabbing at its best. Each character seems to have his or her own motivation and is willing to manipulate circumstances to get what they want. And the Operation is an intriguing, and frankly, terrifying, idea. For those who like their thrillers with a huge dose of evil family machinations- have I got a recomm ...more
Suleika Santana -All About Books
Loved this addition to the story. It explains how the "Operation" started and you can get a closer look at how much Millie cared about Nash and we also see Nash's true feelings. I love reading about their forbidden love. They are definitely one of my favorite couples in the story.
This is definitely a must read if you are a fan of this series.
Will recommend to my friends.
Elizabeth Robbins
This is an excellent addition to the series. It explains so much that happens right before the first book. Things like how everyone got started in the Operation, the forbidden love stories, and lots more about this dysfunctional family. I got to read an earlier version of this book, sent by the author, but I also bought the book. Great start to a series!
Melannie
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm now hooked on a new (to me) author. Thanks Elizabeth for the intriguing story. I can't wait to read more!
Trudy
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
OMG WOW!! I am so glad I bought this copy of the foundation, I have never read something like these books in the waiting series!!

This prequel brings all the stories together in the rest of the series. There are still a few things left unsaid which I am hoping will come up in further books in this series. My god! I thought I had some kind of inkling where the hatred and deviousness had come from, but I am still left scratching my head in places!!

I can't say how much I love these books and this wh
Trudy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG WOW!! I am so glad I bought this copy of Misaligned, I have never read something like these books in the Counterplay series!!

I can't say how much I love these books and this wh
Jennifer Sons
This prequel is the perfect story to prepare you for the craziness coming from these characters. We get a brief introduction of most of the main characters & how the "Operation" came about. This series is like watching a years worth of a soap opera. It's action packed, character packed & full of suspense. Just when you think you know whats going on, something happens to change your mind. I can't wait for the remaining series. Get ready for a crazy ride!
Sofya Dolinko
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writing is great! The story is great! It gives a tiny peak into behind the scenes.
This wasn't my favorite though, because this was with old Millie and Nash. And they are mean and selfish and only thinking of revenge. Millie and Nash of later books are ones I care about.

Can't wait for next one :)
Lanie Taljaard
As always Elizabeth your writing is a WOW factor. I read this prequel as I got it in 1 go!!
Terri Farrar
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
an excellent prequel. seems like it can be read at any time during The Waiting Series as it doesn't give away any spoilers. Some awesome insight on our bad characters. Great job.
Mary
Jan 03, 2016
Rhonda L.
Jan 03, 2016
Elizabeth Burgess
Jan 13, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lora
Sep 03, 2016
Jennifer Tanzi
Nov 15, 2016
Elizabeth Burgess
Oct 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lamar
Jan 03, 2018
Leona Hawthorne
is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2018
For Elizabeth Burgess, writing is not only what she loves to do, it is freedom, salvation, and escape. It is life. Introduced to the art of words at a young age by Junior High English teacher, she poured herself into a self-study of all things poetry and prose throughout the entirety of her high school and college career—hoping to one day become a lyricist in Nashville. As the years went on, her d ...more

Counterplay (6 books)
  • Misdirection (Counterplay #1)
  • Mishap (Counterplay #2)
  • Misled (Counterplay Book 3)
  • Misfire (Counterplay Book 4)
  • Latch (Passion, Vows & Babies Kindle Worlds Novella; A Yeah, Baby & Counterplay Crossover Book 1)
  • Misdeed