Start by marking “Cordelia” as Want to Read:
Cordelia

Cordelia

Cordelia can fly - over the ocean and up with the birds, until one day, she hears the whispers: people can't fly; it's impossible. Suddenly Cordelia can't fly anymore... or can she?
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about Cordelia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cordelia

Shelley
This was a really adorable little book. I had a library patron recently recommend this to me. I found this book very sweet and I loved the positive messages that it gave.

Cordelia is a little girl with a big imagination who believes she can fly and she tells others that she flies to all these magnificent places, but they don't believe her or care. Cordelia then becomes upset, because she is called "silly" and is put down for her big imagination.

She then questioned "Is who you are dependent on w
Yapha
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Good use of color.
Bridgette Elston
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book and the message about how you shouldn't let others decide how you live your life.
Stacey Williams
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I love kids books that have a great message and this is one at the top of the list! A funny, bright story that teaches kids to follow their dreams despite what others might think or say.
Justine Liddle
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is about a little girl that can fly and when those around her don't believe that she can fly or even listen to how she flies, she losses her ability to fly. Once she decided not to let those that don't believe her hurt her, she starts to regain her ability and starts to fly again. This is a great book about self esteem and a reminder to just be you.
Angelica Rios
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as picture-book
Shelves: adventure
This could be a picture book for young children who are afraid of being who they really are. I would use this book during reading or language to teach kindergarten-3rd graders about theme or just being yourself and not caring what others think about you or want you to do.
Carol Torres
This book can be utilized in many ways throughout various grades. The message of being your true self will resonate with students in the second and third grades as well as students in fifth and sixth grades.
Megan Britton
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE!! I cried when Michelle read this at the UBAM Convention!
Abby
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little didactic, but actually pretty well done.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cora loves this book and brings it to me many times a day since we purchased it.
Bob Platypire
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this. It's about a girl who lets the critisms and negativity of society bring her down, before she remembers that SHE believes she can do it. Definitely a message I want my kids to always remember.

Bob says: 5 Platypires and Pugglepire Approved
Kate Puleo Unger
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
ages 4-8

Cordelia can fly and the more she believes in herself, the higher she can go. But then other people start to tell her she's wrong. She cannot fly. And she believes them and starts walking like everyone else. But her world gets gray and she misses the sky. She decides not to care what others think, and she can fly once more.

Jennifer Muzzio
Krista
Apr 09, 2017
Katie Newton
Mar 30, 2017
I write and illustrate books for children. I love to laugh, I love to have fun. I do not have time for mean people. Life is too short to not do what you love for a living. Or deal with mean people.

I like smiling. It's my favorite.

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
--Christopher Robin to Pooh”