Start by marking “The Christmas Bike” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Bike

The Christmas Bike

“His eyes were filled with so much hope and excitement that it cracked through and pierced my heart. ‘I’m going to write a letter to Santa,’ he beamed. ‘I know he will bring me a new bike.’” Christmas is already going to be tough for Marie and her family. Marie is struggling under the pressures of living in a new home and adjusting to life as a working mother. When her son ...more
Published October 11th 2016 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Bike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Bike

Jenny Sue Gamboa
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading stories like this is better than any Christmas treat! The perfect book to tug at your heart-strings and remind you what's really important about not only Christmas...but life!
Sheila
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The new book by author Tara Mayoros is only 51 pages long,but it packs a powerful punch to your heart. The Christmas Bike tells the heart-warming story of a woman’s journey of remembering the true meaning of Christmas on Christmas Eve. This book is based on true events that happened to Tara and her son. In fact, this son that the story is based on, is the son that I taught in second grade a few years ago. So this story touched my heart is a huge way. Every part of the story that mentioned "Anth ...more
Andrea Manning
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella by Tara Mayoros. The events actually happened, so that makes it even more meaningful to me. It was a good reminder of forgiveness and that many times in our lives, others are put in our path to help us along the way. I highly recommend this book as a quick reminder of what is most important this Christmas season.
Nikki
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Powerful, funny and without all that fake you expect in a Christmas story. Yes, Christmas rocks. But Christmas also suuuuuucks. Like so bad. Like what mom has the time and money to deliver Christmas to the kids in the way she wants? Not Marie. And not me! I loved the voice in this. I felt myself on every page. And the ending was refreshing and honest. Enjoy it!
Leslie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Written by a friend whose son, Crew, went to my preschool. Shawna Powelson, her mother lives in my ward. Tara moved to Arizona after living here and trying to help her husband make a business at Pirate Island Pizza Restaurant by the Mall. Too bad it failed. Happy for her that she is enjoying writing books.
Jenny
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet and touching Christmas story about losing your way, going through hardships, and little miracles that happen along the way. This book beautifully illustrates that small acts of kindness can have far reaching effects and that no matter where we are we can always "bloom where we are planted."
Wanda
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A young boy's bike is stolen days before Christmas. The mom scrambles all over town to try to replace it. She recognizes her blessings along the way and finds forgiveness and the true meaning of Christmas.
Lachell
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written Christmas story about the love of a mother and the very human wanting of things that we don't always have. Insightful and real.
Kelly Beck
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful Christmas story about a relatable struggling family. (I loved it Tara!)
Marcie Nielsen
rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2019
Camie
Dec 04, 2017
Sydney
Dec 12, 2017
As a child, Tara Mayoros moved to Asia with her family where her love of different cultures and travel began. In college she satisfied her wanderlust by moving to China, filling her head with countless stories, and occasionally writing them down.

Years, marriage, children and many adventures later, she picked up her dusty pen and paper (or laptop) and realized that writing took her to different wor