Start by marking “Waiting a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Waiting a Lifetime

Waiting a Lifetime

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Sunny Siebel isn't an ordinary girl - she can see what others can't. She has the ability to see and communicate with the deceased.

Only sharing the company of lost spirits waiting to move on, her life changes when she meets a Reaper for the first time and realizes what she has been missing - why she is so different - when she falls in love. What she didn't expect was how th
Published October 15th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Waiting a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting a Lifetime

Courtney
Jul 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Teen/younger readers who enjoy paranormal romances
Recommended to Courtney by: Booktasters
"Life is not perfect while living and neither is it perfect in the afterlife."

Sunny Siebel is no ordinary seventeen year old girl. In fact, she has a very rare and secret ability that sets her apart from pretty much everyone : she can see and speak with the dead. Although people (her family included) don't think she's very social, she has tons of friends on the other side. Like Becky, the six year old girl who died in a hit and run and the old man she visits at the park every Sunday who passe
Jane
Actual rating 2.5 stars.

DISCLAIMER: The author provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The following thoughts are my own and have not been affected by the free copy. Thank you, Samantha Markham!

There's no doubt that Samantha Markham has a pretty good way with words and that she has managed to create an intriguing world of ghosts/spirits and reapers. Unfortunately, though, the story didn't quite live up to its potential due to the fact that there was so little
Pani Books
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'd like to say that I loved this book but the thing is: this book wasn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Eden and this amazing new world, but, the author wants to introduce you to it so fast (like really, in one chapter); and the same thing happens with the insta-love. Everything just occurred so fast that I couldn't even enjoy it as much as I would have liked to.

At the same time, the characters seemed to be so voluble... One minute they loved something and the next one... They
Megan Martinez
Great Read!

I love the character growth and the classic love story, the snarky remarks and the way he author paints the scene in your head. Can't wait for next one.
Nicole Cisneros
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Robin Atkins
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of the ebook from the author for a honest review via BookTasters.

Sunny can see and talk to people who have passed on. This is how she meets, Degory - a Reaper. Their worlds collide and they fall in love. So begins this series.

This is the second young adult novel I have read and I enjoyed it. Samantha Markham has a creative and natural talent for writing. She brought together the world of the paranormal and the living with her own twist on what could happen in Heaven.

However, I
Danielle Urban
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for a Lifetime by Samantha Markham is a brilliant YA fantasy. I couldn't believe the raw talent that this writer had until, I read her debut novel. This tale takes readers on a young woman's journey in life. Her mother died and she can see and talk to ghosts. No one knows she can except her. Until, she meets him. The reaper captain. Appears to be her age, yet his age is much older than Sunny Siebel would have thought. But that doesn't keep her attraction to the new strange guy in front o ...more
Kerstin Vollbrecht
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
. This is a lovely story about Sunny, a teenage girl, who has the ability to see ghosts and communicate with them. One day, she meets Degory,a ghost captain from Eden, who has the function of keeping malevolent ghosts at bay. As there's a love story developing between the two of them, Sunny acquires some supernatural powers that cause Eden's protectors to capture her in order to learn more about how this is possible for a living human being and what effects it could have.
The story is well devel
Tammryn Petersen
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Sunny and Degory have a beautiful connection, which Samantha has been able to convey really well. I enjoyed Degory, and would love to get to know him a bit better as a character.

I do feel that perhaps the main character Sunny could have had a bit more depth or emotions to her. I was able to connect with Degory, but Sunny felt a little too detached from life, as did her family in many ways, thus alienating me a little as the story progressed. I also feel that perhaps the book could be a bit long
Simone Gregory
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The book starts slow, and it feels a little fragmented in parts. I stuck with it and was rewarded half way through with some great pieces of writing and a credible story emerging from that which continues through to the end. A few plot holes but get past the beginning and it’s well worth a read if you’re into YA romance
Cabiria Aquarius
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The character of Sunny, for me was relatable in some ways. She's 17, and female and feels invisible to the world, then all this stuff happens.

The only difference is for her things happen.

I loved how at each chapter something new happened. I didn't know what.

Some things I could figure out but other things I wasn't expecting.

The whole storyline was fascinating and the fact that there's more to her than meets the eye, well that's cool.

I loved it.

Thank you.
Chelsea Lauren
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story follows two characters: Sunny and Degory, through a love story of falling for a ghost, a story about Eden, and story about Sunny’s powers that she starts to learn to possess and control. We are taken on a journey to when she breaks the Eden laws and they feel threatened by her powers and come after her—to stop her from killing Malighosts and disrupting the living world.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. I found myself wanting to come back to it and learn about Sunny. I finished most of it in
Leena Althekair
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
For my first romance novel, it really did not disappoint at all! I loved the book so much - I really can't wait to read the sequel.

What I liked most was the way the author had told the story. The writing, word usage; it all gave so much towards imagining the tale and what it had in store. I loved Sunny, I loved Degory, and my personal favorites were the twins! Not to mention the tale itself was so creative, and I wish the story never had to end!

The reason I gave it four stars was on two major po
Kathleen
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author provided me with a free copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

I can't put into words how much I loved this book. I usually don't read too many fantasy novels but I really don't regret reading this one! Sunny has a gift, she can see ghosts no one else can, then one day she meets this mystery reaper boy: Degory. He let's her into his mysterious world of lost souls and malighosts and shows her how life is on the other side. I particularly loved how their passion for each other was growi
Marisa
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Have you ever felt like there were a pair of eyes watching you? Or have you ever sworn that you saw some sort of apparition float by you as you sat in your bed reading?? Don’t be afraid, as Sunny Sibel can tell you they’re just lost souls waiting to move on.
Yes, Sunny Sibel, a young 17 year old girl from Everbloom. Your ordinary teen with the power to see ghosts!
Sunny has had her powers for as long as she can remember and with these powers she tries her best to help those spirits she sees to
Kat
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sunny Siebel leads a simple, teenage life. She goes to school, spends time with her family, loves to read…and she can see ghosts. That’s right. This girl sees dead people, and for her it’s more comforting to spend time with them than it is to hang around actual people.

Enter the world of reapers, malighosts and Eden with Sunny where her journey gets more complicated after meeting the intense Degory Alden, a reaper. Their connection is undeniable, but their love is seemingly impossible.

I received
Shefali
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The cover drew me to the book, though it’s often said, Don’t judge a book by its cover. Anyway, the story is a bit too predictable, even though the author did add new elements to the plot. The conflict of heaven and everything about it was fresh - the idea of a girl falling in love with a Reaper is one that hasn’t been written on much though it’s not something completely new. Yet it was a good read. The writing style is good and the development is good. I wish the plot wasn’t as predictable (tha ...more
Muffin~
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I got the book for an honest review through booktasters and thank you to the author for letting me read her book.

I think the idea is not an uncommon idea in the fantasy genre but I still think the story wasn't told like this before.

I can say the book is a page turner because of the dynamic of the characters.

The writing style is very good and I think the author chose her words wisely. The characters have a kind of depth.

But I do think the story is a bit confusing from time to time and some detail
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had the chance to get a free copy of this book from the author through twitter. (Book reads) for an honest review.
Firstly a story about a girl with the ability to communicate with people still wandering this earth, aka ghosts.
For me when reading through this story I imagined the character being younger as the writing came across, that of a younger writer. This for the story I feel worked but could also be adapted for a more adult audience.
Its a cute romantic story that I found myself smiling
Mirella Kelly
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Got an ARC of this book from BookTasters on Twitter. The storyline and main theme of the book is good and I liked it, but the way the story unfolds itself is bland, and it was not able to keep me interested in the book for long. I was waiting for it to turn into something that would keep me awake at night, but sadly that didn't happen. The main reason I didn't like was the "Tell not show" instead of "Show not tell".
It can be improvised. I'd love to read more works by the author :)
Mirella
Kelly
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I think the plot was interesting yet I feel like it could have been better written, I feel some parts of the chapters were a little to long. Also, I feel like the story could of had more show rather than tell. There was a lot of telling and not so much showing so for that reason I feel I really couldn't emerge myself in the story. That said, I still feel the story was nice, it was a good quick read.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Nenah
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's taken me a while to actually review this book. Partly because I needed to get my head around it and partly because I needed my head in the right space to actually write a review. Thankfully I took notes as I was reading to cover most of my thoughts.

The synopsis and the cover is what grabbed my attention to this book, and honestly, I hate to say it but that is about all that grabbed me.The premise itself needed a bit of work.

My relationship with insta-love romantic relationships can be grea
Samantha Markham
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Love this book!!! I'm a little biased though, because I wrote it ;) Haha.
Luke ( LUCI ) Peterson
is currently reading it
May 07, 2018
Jill Kenna
Jul 23, 2018
In the reading world, Samantha has always found herself drawn into the world of Young Adult Fiction. The world they portrayed were always a great way to spend free time. After years reading books and dreaming of new worlds, she decided to go back to her favorite pastime but instead, from the other end.

Her time currently not spent writing is spent at work, or spending time with her fiancé and the c