Start by marking “Heart of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1.5)

Heart of Eve

(Trilogy of Eve #1.5)

My vow of celibacy has never been broken nor tempted, not even when the plague thrust me into a lawless, brutal world. So why did God send the only surviving woman to a priest? To test me? Or to save me?

*This is a 10,000-word novelette and can be read as an introduction to the Trilogy of Eve or as bonus material between the other books. It was previously published in the F
ebook
Published October 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Eve

Pam
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (November 1st Price drop to FREEBIE, click here.•*)

5 my vow to you stars

Heart of Eve is a great teaser for the Trilogy of Eve series, a seductively different take on a post apocalyptic / dystopian / dark erotic romance. This can be read as an introduction into Eve's life or read in-between Dead of Eve and Blood of Eve.

Heart of Eve brings us back to Father Rourke and Eve; a scene all about pure temptation. It is a drawn out seduction with true battle of the wills. It is so
Karen
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-reads
This short novella is a great start to Pam Goodwin's "Trilogy of Eve Series."

Father Rourke and Eve are stranded together alone in a bunker which puts Rourke's celibacy to the test. Eve is the only surviving woman after a plague all but destroys most humans and mutates the remainder. When they do venture out of the bunker Rourke must protect Eve from the so called aphids. The story almost feels like you're watching a Stephen King movie. Of course LUST is Rourke's biggest challenge.

photo 1305104-Cartoon-Streaking-Nude-White-Man-Chasing-A-Woman-Poster-Art-Print_zpshvgkfgkp.jpg

"Prayer was on
Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 ★★★★ Hot & Quickie Steamy Stars

Genre: Paranormal
Type: Short Novella of Trilogy of Eve Series
POV: First Person – Male

description
"She was my escape from isolation of this brutal world. Even if it meant challenging the celibacy I'd desperately held my entire life."

This book was quick, hot, and so deliciously good. If this is only a quick taste of what this series is going to be I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.

We meet Roark; a smoking hot Irish priest with who is tempted by
Beverly
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Heart of Eve by Pam Godwin. I am a huge fan of Evie and the Trilogy of Eve series. This scene took me back to the very beginning and I loved seeing Father Rourke with Eve. I loved reading about his temptation and how things unfolded between them. Even if you have never read this trilogy you can enjoy the heart, struggle and steam!

Pam Godwin
Nov 01, 2016 marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Meka♥books
Heart of Eve is a short novelette which introduces the Trilogy of Eve series. Heart of Eve takes places in Europe during a time where an epidemic hit, leaving ten percent of humans, the rest mutated, and only one woman- Evie alive in the world.

Evie is a bold character. She knows how to handle guns and knives, she's direct, you always know how she feels and what she's thinking. Simply put- I like her. Her partner in crime is Roark.

Roark, is a hot priest with a sexy build not only battles monste
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
If Pam Godwin plans to use this quick little novella as a gateway into the Trilogy of Eve, she has definitely succeeded with this reader. I'm totally intrigued and cannot wait to read this series. It's seductive, sensual, and downright sinful! Literally sinful! The hero in the novella is a priest! He struggles with his attraction to our heroine, Eve.

Her eyes fluttered open. “I’ll ruin you, Roark.” I’d never wanted to be ruined so thoroughly in my life, but I would wait for God to give me some
Irma
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reading day is full of surprizes! I loved this novelette!

Angie
I first read Heart of Eve in the For the First Time anthology released earlier this year.

This short story is the priest's (Roark) pov from the time he spent in his bunker with Eve from Dead of Eve. I strongly suggest it's read first but if you choose not to you can still easily follow.

Since Eve is the last female on Earth, Roark has made a vow to protect her. Not just from the creatures but also from men. But being in confined quarters is seriously testing his vow of celibacy. When he finally gi
Rough Draft Book Blog
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heart of Eve by Pam Godwin
Evie & Rourk
WHAT A GREAT INTRO

This is from Pam's Dead of Eve Trilogy. It's from the first book, Dead of Eve. It's from Rourk's POV when he meets Evie and they're staying together in his underground bunker. I am in love all over again!

Rourk is an Irish Priest stuck with the last healthy woman on earth after the plague. He's celibate at the moment, but for how long? He's constantly tempted and having dirty thoughts about Evie and what his body would like to do to hers
Susan
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this as an introduction to the Trilogy of Eve, and what an introduction! Sharp writing, great, tense action, and crackling chemistry between the characters. I can't wait to jump into the main series!
Jennifer Guffey
Heart of Eve (Trilogy of Eve #1.5)
By: Pam Godwin
5/5 stars

This can be read first, as an introduction to the Eve trilogy, or it can be read in between books 1 & 2. This short story takes place in the first book, “Dead of Eve.”

In this dystopian story, there was a worldwide plague over a year and a half ago that decimated the population. No children or elderly survived neither did any women, except for one. Roark is a Catholic priest and the only woman to survive the plague is Eve aka Evie. As
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Heart of Eve

Roark and Evie light up the pages in the introduction to the Trilogy of Eve. A book of dark times were a priest Roark finds Evie the only woman left in the world turned apocalyptic. I love stories that bring us characters that we want more and more stories for. Five stars always on a great book!!
Kristen Holt
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
What the hell was that?! I...wait...what?!

As an unabashed fan of Stephen King and Clive Barker, and an unapologetic fanatic of romance and erotica, this tiny novella just hit ALL OF MY BUTTONS! Plus, bonus points for seducing a priest á la 'American Horror Story - Asylum'.
Mary
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic introduction to the series where we find out about two very interesting characters Evie and Roark.
Roark is trying hard to stick to his vows of celibacy but somehow in the madness he's survived a saviour comes to him in the form of a beautiful woman Evie who tempts him beyond what he thought possible. They form a special bond that both of them need and they find themselves drifting closer and closer together until neither of them can stop the intense attraction which burns within
Shea
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great introduction into the Dead of Eve trilogy. But if you want to read it where the storyline fits in the trilogy, then read it after book one, Dead of Eve.

This takes us back to when Evie (Eve) was living with Father Roark in a bunker in England after a worldwide plague has killed all the women on the planet and is told from his POV.

I loved being inside Roark's mind as he struggled with his vow, his thoughts about Evie, and what he felt during his first time. Reading this shor
Carol Hall
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pam Godwin can make me love anything!

I fell in love with Pam Godwin after reading Beneath the Burn. I don't normally read post apocalyptic genre, but she made me love it. This novella is currently free so why not try it if you've never read her work. It also includes the first couple chapters of Dead of Eve.
Christina
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great intro to this series! I'm loving the introduction of the hot priest! This intro mainly showcases the dystopian aspect of the story. I'm on the first book (Dead of Eve) now, which is full-length. I so need to see how this plays out!
Smutty McBookwhore
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2016
5 Holy Hot Priest On a Stick Stars.

well, I am going to hell. Because if this priest showed up on my doorstep I would show him that the virgin mary does NOT live here. Jesus Fucking Christ.

1. He is Irish(hello accent!)
2. He has an 8 pack.
3. He prays.
4. He kills "zombies"
5. He has DREADS!

no really…I am going to hell… gimmie gimmie gimmie!

I cannot wait to read this series. I am currently in a giveaway contest for these books so I have to wait til the end of november to finish this series…It is lite
Brenda
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, 4-star
This short novelette is meant to be an introduction into the Trilogy of Eve. It serves its purpose. We get a little into these characters and the world around them. It seems this is a post apocalyptic / dystopian book.

I enjoyed the characters. Which happen to be a priest and the woman he saved/saves, which is the only woman left after a plague. It is just an intriguing story line.

The only issue I have is the very little bit we get into this world. That had me slightly confused. I personally wou
Carissa Janes
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novelette gave a lot of background info, and I feel like I was caught up and ready to read the rest of the series. It explained several things, gave some foreshadowing, and now I feel like I need to read more. This was my first taste the author, and I'm going back with a bigger fork. The tension is unreal! I don't usually read apocalyptic stories, but now I feel like I need to read this one.

LisaMarie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart of Eve is a quick, little read and a pretty good representation to the Trilogy of Eve.
Roarke is an Irish priest with an "eight pack"; sexy as hades. Fraught with emotions and battling against his own will, Roarke is tempted to his limits to keep his vow of celibacy.
Evie is his temptress. Beautiful, strong and on a mission; she is the key to saving humankind.
Their attraction is sinful but oh so sensual.
Kathryn
I loved this story. I read it as part of the For the First Time anthology. Pam's writing is amazing. I've read almost all of her books and haven't found one I didn't like. Her characters are complex. The stories are exciting. The editing is impeccable. This particular story was so intense
I wish the priests that I knew growing up were like Fr. Rourke. I might have stayed a Christian.
Gladys
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novelette provides readers with just a tempting tease of Roark and Evie's story and what a very seductive taste it is. Although this is very short and is only told in single POV (his), this book quickly draws you in with interesting characters that share a complicated relationship in an intense situation. I am really looking forward to delving much deeper into this series with book # 1!
Kelli
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really quick read from Roarks point of view. Loved reading his side of the story of his love for Evie and how he wanted to keep his vow but his love for her was to strong! Very moving. I'll defiantly re read this!
Mistress
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novelette! After I read Dead of Eve, my heart was screaming, "Give me more of the sexy priest!" and BAM, Pam Godwin delivers. This series has me enthralled. It is unlike anything I have ever read before. I highly recommend Eve and her intriguing guardians.
Jasmine
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a connection

How can there be only one woman left in the world, he is her protector, her saviour, and their connection is amazing. He finally is given the sign to fulfill both their desires. Can't wait to finish the rest of the series.

Kristy France
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting short intro to this series with lots of heat!
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eve

What a great piece of the series, makes me want to read the whole story and learn more. I want to know more about Eve and Roark.
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more u

Trilogy of Eve (3 books)
  • Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)
  • Blood of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #2)
  • Dawn of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #3)