Start by marking “Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)

Buns (Hudson Valley #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  6,014 Ratings  ·  739 Reviews
Clara Morgan is living the dream, if you can call rebranding hotels that are desperate for a new life and running any kind of marathon a dream. Which she does. But the career she loves and the endurance races that keep her adrenaline pumping have kept her too busy to put down any roots. Growing up in foster care, she’s never been able to establish traditions of her own, wh ...more
Published May 23rd 2017 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Buns, please sign up.

*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He put his hands on me. He put his lips on me. And it was all I could do to still feel the earth underneath my feet. Because when this man kissed me, I forgot everything.

photo 123_zpspfujvpr9.jpg

BUNS is the third installment of the Hudson Valley series that centers on the remaining single woman amongst the tight-knit trio of friends in which each story has been focused upon. If you enjoy the ”enemies-to-lovers” trope, then this is one book you’ll surely not want to
Christy
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!!!

photo 18670806_10103825551181638_139942094817856472_n_zpsmvdpscsw.jpg
It’s sticky, it’s messy, it’s sweet, it’s Buns.
Alice Clayton is the queen of romantic comedies. The best part about them though? They aren’t just slap stick funny reads, they have heart and emotion as well. I’ve enjoyed every book from her Hudson Valley series, and Buns was no exception! It was sweet, funny, sexy, and had just the right amount of feels!

Meet Clara and Archie…
“You really are a pain in the ass,”
he said, his breath fogging up the space—the very little space—between
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alice Clayton Fans, Romance
4 Hudson Valley Here I Come Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Reading allows us to go anywhere we want...It can be a real place, an other worldly one...or some place an author has created that becomes so real in the telling...You look on the map expecting it to be there and surprise... it is!

Alice Clayton has taken an area and given it exposure a community could only dream of... She has used her talents to showcase the concept of Sustainability in Farm to Table in the past books of this series. In this
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Raise your hand if you are a fan of buns!

➦I am a big fan of those delicious carbs myself.

➦Ok, ok, but how about these?

➦*comes back to her review 20 minutes later* Well, that was fun. You can't expect me to google man butt and not spend an obscene amount of time browsing through gifs. Anyway. So this book, right? Doesn't actually have THAT much to do with either of the buns, except may be that the hero does have a yummy behind, but that's, like, totes expected.

➦Ever seen one of those shows on T
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Clara Morgan makes her living rebranding hotels on the verge of closing. It’s a job she’s wonderful at and it’s given her the stability she never had growing up. Clara is tasked by her boss at a classic hotel in Bailey Falls, The Bryant Mountain House. Upon arrival Clara finds the owner is thrilled to have her there, but his son Archie is not. Clara finds she must prove herself to Archie, that she has the best interest in his hotel at heart, no matter how much he resists her.

The longer
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 Hot Hot Hot Buns Stars

Buns is a standalone and is part of the Hudson Valley series. Man, I really wish the cover had Archie’s face because nothing is sexier than a man in glasses, especially tortoise shell ones. Heart Eyes and all.

Buns is a bit different from the other books because this one is set up in a hotel. I really liked the new change of scenery. Clara goes to different jobs across the states to give businesses a face lift. She puts companies back in the positive again. Her newest job
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 stars ❤❤❤❤❤

Buns is my favorite book in this series!Sweet,funny,intense,romantic, and emotional!I absolutely loved the characters in this one, Archie and Clara were amazing together.

description

The author did a wonderful job with the storyline!These two
at the beginning couldn't stand each other,but there are also a sexual tension and soon they can't deny it.Overall,they are a perfect couple with their fair share of challenges.Their romance is sweet,romantic,intense and hot.

I highly recommend it to every
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're finally back in Upstate New York.
After Roxie and Natalie, it's now Clara's time to tell us her story!
She's been hired by a soon-to-be-retired Hotel owner to bring his family's luxury resort into the 21st century. They desperately need more guests and lots of updates in all areas of the hotel.

description

But soon-to-be-hotel-boss Archie is not really agreeing with his dad. He doesn't need some city girl to come and change everything he loves about this place.

Archie and Clara have this insta-hate / inst
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
NOW LIVE!

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✬ ✬ ✬ 4.5 STARS ✬ ✬ ✬

Clara is immersed in her job. She lives and breathes it and not much has room beside it except her two best friends who live in a small town called Bailey Falls. Her apartment is a place she sleeps in but it's a bit of a stretch to call it "home". Just as well, because she isn't at home much anyway, her job requires a lot of travelling. She specializes in rebranding and has made a name for herself in her profession. This time her j
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

I love Alice Clayton's stories and especially this series but I was in no way prepared for someone like Archibald Bryant! What a character...and he was described so well, I could almost hear him talking! "Hotel boy" definitely needed a firecracker like "Ms. Bossy".

Clara's been assigned to rebrand Bryant Mountain House (think of the resort in Dirty Dancing) and she has more on her h
Sabrina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I've enjoyed every book in this series so far and Buns was no different. It was sweet and romantic while still having a little flare of some heat. Seeing Clara completely out of her element was fun because it showed us that she wasn't some unfeeling corporate worker. She and Archie worked very well together because of how different their personalities were and I loved that about them.

The only thing I wanted more in this book was getting to learn about Clara's pa
Ginger
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I think out of the three books in the series, I liked this one the most! Archie and Clara were too cute together and great characters. They actually worked as a romantic couple.

I enjoyed this more then I thought I would and I'm super tough on contemporary romance books. I typically don't like this genre so by rating this 4 stars, that's a big deal for me.
NMmomof4
**Audiobook Review**

3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I thought this was...okay. I was engaged enough to continue on, but I wasn't intrigued enough to want to download the ebooks and read along. I wasn't a huge fan of the h pushing the H away so much. I also think that the it would've benefited the story to have some of Archie's POV. I wasn't satisrified wit the ending either. It had its good moments and was pretty low angst/drama...but just kind of meh 🤷🏻♀

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Clara
Sharon
I love this series so much. I mean it is the perfect romcom that focuses not only on the love story, but also on the protagonist’s internal conflicts and growth, the protagonist’s career, and really, really good friendships.

Plot
I love this cute, small town and all the cozy descriptions of the scenery, the hotel, and the food. I swear that this whole series has made me hungry just by the descriptions. In addition, I adore the friendships in this book. Agh – everyone is incredibly hilarious, swee
Pam Nelson
3.5 Buns Stars

Hmm Ok I think I wanted to like this story more than I did.
I loved Archie, you can’t help but feel for him. And Clara is a likable girl don’t get me wrong.

But I think waiting for her to open up just took too long.
She expected Archie to just word vomit all his secrets and feelings but she keeps her all bottled up.

And believe me I get why, it just kinda of felt like she could have opened up a lot faster than having to wait till the last chapter.

I did like the back and forth wit
Obsidian
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tbr-2017
Well that was disappointing. I loved the first two books and then the third book in the Hudson Valley Series (Buns) came out and I was so excited. I would finally get to read Clara's story. Unfortunately she never feels like a very developed character and neither does Archie. I think that Clayton was taking big parts of her "Wallbanger" series and jamming them in here. All of a sudden I am supposed to believe that the widower who has never been with another woman besides his dead wife is just ha ...more
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
One of the most adorkable books in the series thus far! From the get go you are thrust into a meet-cute of epic proportions. Love-hate with a side of good intentions lends itself to making this an un-put-down-able, laugh-out-loud read.

Clare is smart, capable, and ready to take on the world of old hotels that need a little oomph! Archie is aged beyond his years and is a pocket protector away from being overly stuck in his ways. The two of them slam together with abrasive hilarity, making Buns one
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

photo 7082F801-38C6-42E6-9E24-E2A6F0F61743_zpsexbouzvv.jpg

Clara Morgan is a single woman who works in Boston & enjoys running marathons. She loves her life & lives for her career. She grew up in foster care & never felt like she belonged anywhere, so she likes to stay too busy to put down roots anywhere. Her job is rebranding hotels that need new life breathed into them. She was recently hired to work on a hotel in upstate New York, & needs to knock it out of the park so she can hopefully make partner soon.

When Clara arrives
Shayna
I'm SWOONING all over the place! God help me, but Alice Clayton has the MAGIC TOUCH when it comes to emotionally driven romantic comedies! Clara and Archie's story was so full of heart, love, and laughter...I COULD NOT put it down!

"You taste incredible. How can you taste this sweet?"

I continue to be fascinated with the way that Alice Clayton reels me in and never let's go, even long after the final page has turned. It's her writing style. It's her amazing and dynamic characters. It's her hilar
Buns is the third installment in Alice Clayton's humorous adult romance series titled: Hudson Valley. It is my least favorite in this series to date. I found the romantic chemistry between the hero and heroine to be severely lacking; however, I enjoyed how complicated their characters turned out to be...and I absolutely loved the ending. Overall, a likable addition to a fun series.

My favorite quote:
"Relationships aren't all fun, Bossy, sometimes when one half is down it's the other half who hel
AJ
5 stars!

Oh, I love, love, love this book! Smart, funny and gorgeously romantic with wonderful characters, great dynamics and childish (but still very adult) innuendos and humour, it is everything that I love about Alice Clayton. It’s my favourite of the Hudson Valley books and finishes off the series beautifully!

Clara is the third in a trio of girlfriends whose stories make up this series. After a difficult childhood, her career is now her life and she is the best at what she does – rebranding a
Bj
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017, 5-stars
5 "'Hotel Boy' Meets His 'Bossy' Match" Stars!

Originally posted at The Reading Alley and The Romance Reviews.

A new top-favorite! I absolutely loved the chemistry and witty dialogue between the hero and heroine in Alice Clayton's third Hudson Valley book, Buns! This is a book where the pages practically turned themselves. From the humor (I love Ms. Clayton's ability to use innuendos and plays on words to spice things up) to the romance and even the resolution of two angst-filled side-stories rela
Kindling Micky
5 "Awesome. Incredible. Mind-blowing. Frustrating. Pretentious. Obnoxious. Freckles." Stars

BUNS was pure delight from cover to cover with characters who provided immediate connection between them and reader and a hate to something-else connection between themselves. The storyline was just engaging and I bought into it completely.

Alice Clayton brought a new friend, Clara 'Ms Morgan' into the scene and she was totally different to Roxie and Natalie (who we see with their respective partners repeat
Bianca
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Buns (Hudson Valley #3)
Alice Clayton
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Alice Clayton never cease to be awesome. She works her magic in every book.

Clara is workaholic and very good at her job, and recently she got an offer for a promotion if she did well on this last project. Little did she know promotion is the last thing she will be seeing.

Archie and his family's hotel had been successful up until their hotel business is not in demand anymore and it is Clara's job to make it busy again.

These two are two can't stand each ot
Lady Heather

Release Date: May 23, 2017

photo buns 2_edited.jpg

"I voluntarily read an early copy of this book."
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Buns
Series: Hudson Valley #3
Author: Alice Clayton
Release date: May 23, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

I'm a fairly new fan of Alice Clayton, but judging by what I've read in the Hudson Valley series so far, I can see myself becoming a devoted follower for a long time to come. I'm going to be perfectly honest. In the beginning of this book, I had serious concerns that I could ever root for Archie Bryant. I certainly didn't anticipate that I would finish the book n
Dali
Alice Clayton adds another delightful read to her collection. Wildly witty and fun, full of heat and heart.

The extremely independent, career oriented Clara Morgan has worked hard to earn her success as a hotel consultant specializing in revitalizing old hotels. That’s not to say she comes in tearing down the old to bring in the new. On the contrary, being a foster kid without roots and customs of her own, she’s loves knowing about a hotel’s history and traditions in order to bring them into
FMABookReviews
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was sweet, it was sexy and it was damned good! Chock full of laughs, tender moments and sexy times, ‘Buns’ is my favorite in the series!

Alice Clayton NEVER fails to put a smile on my face! Her writing is solid and perfectly paced; not too fast, not too slow. As well, she has perfect comedic timing. Her humor isn’t forced, it just is. But that’s not all, not only are her main characters thoroughly developed, so are her secondary characters!

Clara Morgan did not plant roots. S
Hollis
Skipping the long drawn out quote-filled review to say : thank you. Thank you, BUNS, for making me laugh and love and laugh some more. I can't be sure my slump is gone but damn it felt good to read something in less than a day and enjoy almost every second of it (I didn't like the break up -- but heyyyyo I almost never do -- and it was occasionally repetitive but I'll forgive because Natalie.. even though this was Clara's book. Natalie. that's all I'm saying).

A great, fun, sexy, silly, read wit
Moon Love
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a surprise. I know very well how Alice Clayton can mix romance and humor. I've enjoyed it time and time again. I also know she can write emotion. I think I've seen it most in this series. While Nuts and Cream of the Crop had the trifecta, there was just something about this book that got to me.

I'm going to have to do some thinking, but I'll be back once I've got my thoughts together. I will say that this was the best book to end this series, even though I would love to read m
  • Respect (The Breaking Point, #3)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • Untitled (Exodus End, #4)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Delectable (Neighbor from Hell, #9)
  • Covered (Trent Brothers, #3)
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Womanizer (Manwhore, #4)
  • Fidelity (Infidelity, #5)
  • The Boss (Untamed Hearts, #5)
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.
More about Alice Clayton

Hudson Valley (3 books)
  • Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1)
  • Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You’re here and I’m here and we’re here and this is so much more than enough because it’s everything.” 2 likes
“They say time is elastic. Sometimes an hour passes in an instant while you scratch and cling at every second as they go by, willing them to slow down. Sometimes, an instant stretches out to an hour, when everything runs in super slow-mo, time itself elongated as the edges blue and the colors run.” 1 likes