Start by marking “Little Quack's Hide and Seek” as Want to Read:
Little Quack's Hide and Seek

Little Quack's Hide and Seek (Little Quack)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Little Quack's Mama is counting to ten in a game of hide-and-seek. The ducklings find places to hide...all except Little Quack.

Where should he hide? Laugh along with the cutest duck family ever in this new Classic Board Book edition!
Board Book, 34 pages
Published January 23rd 2007 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Little Quack's Hide and Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Quack's Hide and Seek

Sarah Sammis
Little Quack's Hide and Seek by Lauren Thompson is a cute book about a family of ducklings playing hide and seek with their mother. It has bright illustrations that delighted Harriet.

Little Quack is the last to hide when her mother starts counting. She watches as all her siblings take the best hiding places. In desperation she ends up finding the best hiding spot. Her solution is a humorous twist on the typical hide and seek picture book story.

As a parent I laughed along with my children as Litt
Erin
I would never have chosen this too-cutesy book, but my daughter selected it. The bright, adorable illustrations appeal to her. I found it not only bearable to read and re-read but enjoyed taking part in my daughter's delight at discovering Little Quack's hiding place.

The language is PERFECT for early readers: simple and repetitive without being sing-song or boring. The math is intended for toddlers, so the book is a good choice to span ages 1-7.
Brent Rogers
The little ducklings are playing hide-and-seek and their mother must find them. All the ducklings quickly found a hiding spot, except the main character, Little Quack. Little Quack follows Mama around while she looks for the others. Little Quack is the last to be found, even though he was behind Mama the whole time. This could cause suspense for a young child. This book would work well with early childhood students.
I read this book multiple times to a one-year-old and to his brother, who is in kindergarten.. They really enjoyed it. We counted how many ducks still had to hide and later how many were found. The book has an illustration about subtraction at the bottom of each page, but that was above their level because they are so young. I asked the kindergartener questions about where each duckling hid and if it was a good idea to hide behind the mommy duck. he was surprised when Little Quack was the last d ...more
Libby
This was the best book of Little Quack. This book not only teaches young children how to count to ten in order to play hide and seek. But, the book also teaches children how to count how count along with the Quack- u lator how many ducklings are left on each page. I would recommend this book to a kindergarten teacher because it will teach all of the kindergarten students early math skills since, the book has to do with counting the ducks with the help of the Quack- u -lator. Also, this book will ...more
Marissa Pezzullo
This would be a great book to read to preschoolers. It shows bright vivid colors with something familiar such as a duck. This book about a mamma duck and her 5 ducklings that play hide and seek. It infuses counting into a book that shows something that is commonly know to the little children.
Fredrick Danysh
A delightful children's story about a duck family which helps teach a child to subtract and add up to the number five. It contains nice colorful illustrations.
Anthony W
This book deals with the mamma duck and her five little ducks. They play hide and seek and the mamma looks for them all and they all have a great time.

This book not only has a funny story but the illistrations are well portrayed. When reading this book it has a fun story to enjoy but also it helps young children to count. On the bottom of the pages it is either adding or subtracting little ducks. This book might make it possible to help work on math with younger students in the classroom. It is
Charlie Miller
Comment after having it read..
"Great story, MomMom".
Christyn
This cute illustrated book about a mother duck playing hide and seek with her five ducklings is also an educational one. First - there's Mother duck counting from one to ten while the ducklings hide. Second there is the "Quack-u-lator" that allows readers to count along as each duckling finds a hiding place and is subtracted from the flock. It's a bit advanced for the two kids (age 2) I gave it to, but they'll grow into it and in the mean time they enjoy looking at the pictures and "Quack"ing u ...more
Marissa J.
This picture book is counting book about a mother duck and her five ducklings who decide to play a game of hide and seek.

The author does an excellent job of involving the reader in not only reading but math as well. By using a "quack-u-lator" the reader receives the chance to subtract each duckling as it finds a place to hide. Creative illustrations and child like responses make this a perfect book for pre-school aged students.
Rachel
This was a very cute book that teaches counting and basic subtraction via the "Quackulator" to preschoolers, though I'm sure my son would enjoy this book as well. Little Quack and his four brothers and sisters are playing hide-and-seek with their Momma; she is counting while they find a place to hide. Little Quack finds the best one of all. Recommended for ages 9 months - 5yrs, 4 stars.
jacky
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the bed time and new friend installments of the series, but it was alright. It has some counting and addition for older kids to follow alone with, but Natalie enjoyed pointing out the ducks when Mama duck found them. She also liked that it was a game she knew, and covered her eyes (looking through her fingers) some in the beginning.
Whitney Zollman
This book is adorable!! It's about a mother who has little ducklings. They play hide and seek. Mom finds them all but little Quacks. She finds out all along he has been right behind her. It has the kids counting, great illustrations, and you have have students make predictions in this book.
Robert
Mother duck decides to play hide and seek with her ducklings. They all hide save Little Quack who can't find a spot. But being clever, he finds the perfect hiding spot and is the last to be found!

Cute.

The illustrations are colorful and expressive.
Paula
A "New York Times" bestselling author and a celebrated illustrator craft a timeless tale in this new Little Quack counting book that includes a Quack-u-lator, which pops up each time a duck disappears during a game of hide-and-seek.
Claudia
This book was ok, but not recommended for large group, it was cute for a student to read, but this book is not large-group read-aloud recommended. This book is about hide and seek and at this age, not all children would like this.
Rebecca Snodgrass
What a smart little duck he was! This is going to be one of my lessons for my kindergarten class on comprehension. The pictures are so cute and the baby ducks are totally awesome!
Heather Bowden
This is a book for a younger child (3-4) it's a good way to introduce math problems. It had subtraction at the beginning of the book when the ducklings were hiding.
Pam
I loved this book for story time. Nice story with counting practice with it. Students counted with me as we counted the number of ducks left to hide.
Wanda

Another great book by Lauren Thompson! Little Quack is playing hide and seek with Mama duck and his brothers and sisters. Beautiful illustrations!
Jenny
This was a really cute book. I loved the illustrations, especially the little duck and all his cute faces and "actions." good counting book, as well.
This was a cute book about five ducklings who are playing hide-and-go-seek with their mom. Quack is a smart little duckling and I like that.
Inspired Kathy
Read this one so many times my 6 year old has it memorized. Little Quack is one of our favorite characters to read about.
Aspasia
Kids can use the quacku-lator to count how many ducks are on each page. Very cute!
Beverly
Simple, fun way to learn easy subtraction, with large, adorable duck illustrations.
Angela Von Hagel
I read this to my Kindergarten students. Fun!
Kathrine Rogers
Counting Week
Chase
Chase marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
  • Fluffy and Baron
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
  • I'm a Little Teapot
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Froggy's Baby Sister
  • Cookie's Week
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?
  • Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!

• Little Quack's Bedtime
  • Little Quack's ABC's
  • Little Quack's Opposites
  • Little Quack's Bath Book
Little Quack The Christmas Magic Polar Bear Night The Apple Pie That Papa Baked Mouse's First Fall