Start by marking “Manna Tree” as Want to Read:
Manna Tree

Manna Tree

A night of celebration ends in tragedy, shocking Cole Patterson to his core. Cole's brother breaks his promise not drink and drive and causes a fatal accident with three casualties. Guilt compels Cole to stay and greet the victims’ family, shouldering his brother’s guilt since his brother was no longer there to do it himself. Yet when he sees Margot Reed, something other ...more
Published November 15th 2016 by SJF Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Manna Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manna Tree

Start your review of Manna Tree
Musings of A Romance Junkie
I hate comparing books to one another, but if you loved Being Plumville by Savannah J. Frierson, you will absolutely love Manna Tree by Savannah J. Frierson. While these stories couldn’t be any more different from one another, the devastating events that lead to the swoon-worthy, sappy romance is the connecting factor. If you are a true romance fanatic like me, you want to read this book.

Cole and Margot are two strangers brought together, unexpectedly, by a tragic car accident that claims the
Ivory
More like a 3.5 for me.
As much as I wanted to 'love it' I just simply can not. if I was rating Cole alone, I think he would get more of a 4-4.5 from me. I felt his love and devotion to Margot all throughout their relationship. I didn't get that from Margot though. I didn't 'feel' a connection between them. I actually felt the love more between Margot and deceased husband Marcus more. There was more depth to that relationship than I got from Margot and Coles relationship.
I didn't get that
M.J. Friday
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not bad, I did like the story.I like how the romance evolved between Margot and Cole. How a tragedy brought them together, how they both had to to deal with lost, blame and family ,then to come together and find love was really sweet and so romantic. I will say that there some very slow parts for me. I am not one who has to have sex,sex sex in her book, I loved that they took there time and developed a real relationship ,that was awesome and I loved that about Margot and Cole, I just thought ...more
Michele Hallahan
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful couple.

I really enjoyed this story. It starts off with a tragedy nobody hopes to suffer and ends with a love everybody dreams of. Such a sweet, smooth connection between these two, right from the start. A friendship that would have never come to be, turns into something neither ever saw coming. I loved the pace of this story, and although it wasn't as steamy as I like, that took nothing away from my enjoyment. This is definitely on my reread list.
Ida Louise
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Margot and Cole’s story at this moment gives me hope. The image I kept getting was of a weed growing through the crack of the sidewalk. That is Manna Tree for me, hope breaking through the walls of life. In the darkest times, there is always hope and with that hope comes love. Manna Tree shows us that all the things that separate us, also make us one. A story to touch your heart and make you believe again.
Tony
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z-list
2 1/2 Stars - The premise, H and H (Cole and Margo), along with the supporting characters are strong but it's hard to stay in the story when your constantly being pulled out by awkward sentences and transitions, story inconsistencies and a lack of editing. There were story elements missing, Margo settling the guys estates and what if anything Margo and Cole had in common, what happened with the book, etc. etc.

Not a bad story just needs work.
Deloris
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book , especially because the couple took the time to know each other . Cole and Margot learned each others had real friendship , and when the y made love for the first time it was a celebration not just a sexual act .
Monique
Full review coming soon (or eventually). For now, this was definitely a five-star read for me.
Rosie J.
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Romance Lovers
Two strangers (Cole & Margot) bonded in tragedy meet on the worst day of their lives. The man that comforts her is the brother of the dead man responsible for the drunk driving accident that has taken the life of her brother and his husband. We learn that Margot is no stranger to tragedy since she lost her husband unexpectedly four years prior. Cole becomes her rock solid support especially since she is carrying the baby (via IVF) of her brother's husband.

As days turn into weeks, and weeks
SL Gibson
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is an IR love story of an older woman and younger man brought together by a tragedy, which develops and grows to the HEA. It is a well written delightful read, which takes you on a journey of love between lovers, family and friends - loss, the destruction caused by pride, forgiveness including self-forgiveness and building back of what was lost. My only issue was the lack of background given to the reader in order to understand the reason Margot's family disowned her. The information was ...more
postcrdprincess
This books story line was so different and unexpected. To find an unbelievable love like Cole's and Margot's while dealing with a devastating tragedy that affects both families and additional family drama is amazing.

I do not want to give any part of the story away because I feel that it truly would be better if it is read first had then given the details through a review. The author Savannah J Frierson is a great author, I have read several of her books and I am never disappointed. This book was
Candice Forté
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome book!!

Margot and Cole has an wonderful connection from the moment they met in the hospital. Margot has lost so much but you saw her strength to keep going. I think that what Cole saw in her....her resilient to overcome.

I didn't care for the parents in this book but I'm glad how they came together at the end. They were finally there for one another.

I would recommend this book to whoever love to read the power to overcome your grief of lost everyone you thought loved you and still find
Jamilla_
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much! Every time I’m in a book slump I reach for it!

The characters, their grief and their reaching out to support each other and their eventual love was so beautifully written I basically burst into rainbows at the end.

If you love/ live for romance novels, gosh, this is one you don’t want to pass over.

Definitely Recommended Reading!

Tags : May/December, Friends to lovers, Grief & Death
Lisa D. Watts
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story

There was a lot going on in this story; but still seemed to be very simple and sweet. A very unique and touching love affair that was amazing to read. If only I could find my own "Cole".
Salliewt
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Needed better editing but a good story.
Harper Miller
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Savannah's writing. I'm all for tropey goodness and this was it. Love blossoming from a series of tragic events, a pregnancy, older woman/younger man. A truly enjoyable read.
Cortney
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart.
shunda
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

Enjoyed the book. I only have one issue...... Black women at age 37 are not wrinkled!!! LOL.... I am 45 and have NO WRINKLES!
Avid Reader
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was just okay for a few reasons: First, even though Cole Patterson's brother Jacob was DWI and killed Margot's brother and his partner she forgave him and his family without question. In real life, and for an interesting book, this should be a vehicle for tension and plot development. Not here.

The second reason this book could have been better is that Margot was the surrogate for her deceased brother and his partner but nothing was done to develop that potential storyline. No fighting
Nancy
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was moved by their love. I was fascinated by this pull Cole had for Margot. First, as a way to make amends somehow for Jacobs tragic actions that left Margot alone in life but then it quickly morphed into a need he had to help her through this. I loved this story.
Lynda Garcia
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Frailty

The quality of the story and the beauty in the poignant way Savannah chose to express grief,death,horror,despair and traumatic events that would make many people curl up and pray for death....especially Margot and Cole...who just lost their beloved brothers and brother-in-law...Cole is such a beautifully written character...flawlessly perfect...immediately taken at the first look by Margot...didn't cared about any of the circumstances when it came to age or race...he simply wanted to be
DeliaC
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: more-sir, nice
Mary Balogh-level emotions

I cry at the end of almost every Mary Balogh romance. Manna Tree hit me in the guts and the feelings the same way. Cole and Margot are two people in the throes of deep grief and i really loved how this story allowed them that. This was an organic love story that burned slow. I loved that. The characters, the lack of needless drama, no deus ex machina shenanigans, no insta anything. Just a really solid, old fashioned romance where two people fall in love. Excellent.
A.W.
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but took me a bit longer to finish I had to stop and start. It was one of those stories that moved slow but was overall a good read. I didn't get the same pull from this as Being Plumville like other reviewers here did. Very different for me.
Dl
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An Amazing Story

This was such a good read, that when I got to 73% percent of the book I brought another book by this author. This author spins a story so richly told that it envokes so many emotions from you...several times I felt the tears falling from such an engaging story. Cole and Margot characters are so well developed that you feel and root for them with every chapter. Hands down this book is one of my top three for 2016!!!
Ciana
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Over the last couple of months I have read all Frierson novels available on my kindle, and this was the last novel. While some of the books have been interesting, this one fell flat for me. Death, mourning, acceptance, and love are the central themes of the novel. All adding up to a typical underwhelming happily ever after.
Kim Brown
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great way to start my new year reading. I really enjoyed the story of Margot and Cole. These were two unsuspecting people brought together by tragedy and found a everlasting love. A must read. This is the first Ebook by this author. I will read any future titles that she pend.
finley g roberts
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Refreshing!

After reading a lot of books lately that seemed to be rushed, this author did a very good job of developing the characters and the storyline. Looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Linda D. Christiani
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Linda Christiani

I am always amazed at how this author tells a story you can actually feel the emotions and become attached to the main characters and just love the love great job!
Tracy
Dec 19, 2016
Toni
Nov 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Leftovers With Benefits
  • The Book of Adam and Jo: an Interracial Literary Romance
  • Love Will Always Remember (Shades of Love, #3)
  • Alpha
  • Duncan (Across the Aisle #2)
  • Trent (Across the Aisle #1)
  • Mr. Vega
  • Remember Me
  • Chatting with a Vampire
  • Awakening
  • Jane
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • On the Edge of Love (Mama's Brood, #1)
  • Unexpected
  • Population (Population, #1)
  • For Keeps (Townsend Series #4)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Cece & David 4 (Love In Many Shades #4)
Based out of Charleston, South Carolina, RWA-PAN member Savannah J. Frierson is an award-winning, best-selling author who crafts full, happily-ever-afters for the independent women who are late-bloomers in love. Savannah taps into women’s softness to show this vulnerability as a strength to be embraced and celebrated. Savannah’s characters find empowerment through love, and she hopes her dear ...more