Start by marking “Steampunk Fairy Tales: Volume II” as Want to Read:
Steampunk Fairy Tales: Volume II

Steampunk Fairy Tales: Volume II

(Steampunk Fairy Tales #2)

A heart-broken scientist travels back in time to prevent his wife's death, but a mysterious creature foils his plans.

Escaped slaves Thomas and Mia find an ancient train in the desert. What peculiar magic does it contain?

A three-inch tall samurai goes missing in a house full of demons and possessed vegetable graters, and it's up to his girlfriend to rescue him.

And what, exa
Published October 16th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Steampunk Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steampunk Fairy Tales

Heather Hayden
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first volume of this anthology series, and bought the second one as soon as it was available. This was the perfect sequel; more fun, steampunky tales based on fairy tales, including one that continued the adventures of one of my favorite characters from the previous volume. If you love fairy tales, steampunk, and anthologies full of great stories, definitely check this out!
Ulla
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book contains 9 stories which are more or less loosely based on fairy tales from around the world. It's enjoyable to have them set in a steam world with quite interesting machines.

I especially liked:
The Clockwork Cabinet by H.L. Burke, with nice characters and kind of a message.
Felis aurantiacus by Kathy Steinemann, with time travelling and a funny conclusion.

AND

Esmeralda by Ashley Capes. This one meets my taste in every aspect and to me it is one of the best fairy tales ever! For that alon
Serena
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steampunk Fairy Tales Volume II

These are mostly retellings of familiar fairy tales from around the world. I like anthologies because they introduce the reader to many different authors and styles of writing. The stories in this volume are interesting reinterpretations. Because they are short, they tend to be quick reads. Like all anthologies this one is easy to put down between stories, which is why it took me so long to finish it.
Charlie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clock-and-steam
While I did not love every story, I enjoyed the new takes on soem old tales. I enjoyed Volume I and will likely continue on to Volume III.

This is a good concept for authors to show their chops when readers are uncertain if they should buy something. They take a hot genre, Steampunk, and mix it with a collection of short fairy tales to sample the wares of those writers.

Excellent concept and enjoyable read.
Sharon M. Turner
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new age fairy tales!

I got this because it had my favorite author included. As usual, Ashley Capes delivered a great story, but I was pleasantly surprised by all the other authors. Each story was fascinating in its own right. I especially loved the ones that you could recognize the original story from. I'll be reading book one.
Melissa North
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading both volumes of Steampunk Fairy Tales, but this one is the best (in my opinion). It's definitely worth reading both books though. The stories are imaginative and creative. You can't go wrong with this book.
Thanks for the great read.
Teresa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different type of stories

These stories are a different kind of fairy tales. Based on old folklore they bring these old tales to life. . Really like the steampunk type of stories will look into buying some of the books told about by the authors that wrote these stories.
J
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
SFT V2

Not a huge fan of steampunk in any form but the stories in this collection were cute and unique in their own way. It didn't win me over for the style but I would be willing to read it to my kids.
Brian
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun read, I will be looking for more books from this author.,....B
Indigo
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not as good as the first book in the series, but *definitely* worth a read.
Carole O'Brien
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
It was ok, some fairy tales I had not heard before others were just a reworking of original fairy tales.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some really good stories in this collection, although some were a little dull. I think it would have helped if I had read all the original stories.
Abby
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm beginning to think I just don't get steampunk. Or that what appeals to me about it isn't what everyone else is getting out of it.

Most of these stories are technically competent, but having returned the book, I find I can't remember anything about half of them, and am lukewarm on the rest.
A.J. Flowers
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first edition and the second one didn't disappoint! I enjoyed that these stories seemed a little lengthier, and the characterization was great. The tone of each story definitely kept to the "steampunk fairy tale" feel and I really liked that about it.
My only complaint was that I would have liked information about the authors at the end of the book instead of at the end of each story. It took me out to swipe through a few pages to get to the next story rather than get to read about th
Gauri Chandratreya
  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk Adventures
  • Love Least Expected
  • Grave Hauntings: Where Sexy and Sinful Meets Dark and Chilling
  • Sand and Blood
  • Mystic Realms: A Limited Edition Collection of Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Romances
  • Elementals: a Limited Edition Urban Fantasy Collection
  • Sexy as hell
  • My Best Friends Are Dead (Generation Dead, #4)
  • Beyond the Tempest Gate
  • Charmed in Vegas Boxed Set
  • Beyond Secret Worlds: Ten Stories of Paranormal Fantasy and Romance
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Door in the Forest
Leslie and Dave are Pittsburgh, PA authors and caretakers to three unpredicatble, and often demanding, mutts.

Inspired by the worlds and stories of David Eddings, Baldur's Gate, and Final Fantasy VI, they always strive to imbue their fantastical stories with a dose of humor and plenty of intrigue.

On the rare instance they aren't writing, they forge ahead on any of their other numerous obsessions, s

Steampunk Fairy Tales (3 books)
  • Steampunk Fairy Tales