Start by marking “Hidden Truths” as Want to Read:
Hidden Truths

Read Book* *Different edition

Hidden Truths

(Hidden #1)

"The chick in front of me knew too much. What the hell I was going to do about it? Well, that had yet to decided. But the one thing I did know...she'd just sealed our fate."
-Jake

ebook
Published October 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Truths

Start your review of Hidden Truths
Cheesecake
A new type of psychic power.
There are holes in the plot/story, but I didn't mind.
I like this author's writing. It's quiet and smooth. You can tell she thinks about the ramifications of the power she gave Addie. There's action and intrigue but not a lot of tension, which I often like. I can't take a lot of stress.

Addie is a 17 year old with a secret psychic curse gift that has made life difficult for her in the past. But now it has brought her to a choice that is a lot to ask of a high school
Paula  Phillips
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the themes I like to read about in books is when the characters have special abilites which help them to solve murders, a bit like the TV show Medium or in this case it was more The Listener but with a hint of Medium - two of my favourite tv shows. In Hidden Truths which I have to admit was one of the best books in this theme that I have read in a long time as it has to be pretty amazing for me to give it a highly recommended and Hidden Truths by Kristin Coley falls into that category. T ...more
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4 Stars

This was a Romantic Suspense which I thought was awesome except for 2 things: 1) there was quite a bit of unbelievable things that happened in the book, and no, I'm not talking about Addie (heroine) being psychic. This was besides of that. 2) there was some "make out" scenes, but no sex, I'm sorry to say.

There was Mystery, Romance, Mature YA, Adult, Suspense, Action filled, Psychic abilities, Undercover Cops, High School, Best Friends, Family, Crime, Corrupt Officials, Drug Traffick
Lyndi W.
Jul 07, 2019 marked it as not-going-there
Shelves: crazy-cover
That's a high school boy on the cover, eh?
They didn't make them like that when I was in school.
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2018)!💝

Blurb:
-Jake

Addie wants to make it through high school without anyone discovering her ability. But when a local boy goes missing, she's forced to expose herself to the hottest guy she's ever met, knowing he's the only one that can help her rescue the kidnapped boy.

Jake's determined to resis
Isabelle MBTL
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Mysterious; romantic; thrilling!!!

I could confirm what he knew, answer questions to get us closer to the truth, plus I knew exactly who had committed the crime. by Addie

review 1

Everything! :)
Amazing plot! Addie has a paranormal gift that lets her know the answer for all questions. She joins forces with a young undercover cop to solve a mysterious murder case.
This was a very fast-paced read that kept me guessing and wanting more at the end.
The author's writing style is i
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

I liked this book because Addie has the one of my favorite super powers of ALL time! She can basically answer any questions that is asked of her. I consistently daydream of having this super power, I mean, how cool would it be have this power? I have never read a story with this preminse before and I found it highly original and entertaining.

And another thing I liked about this book was how quickly Addie knew she had to help find the bad guys in this book.
Katherine Paschal
Addie always knows the answers to questions, with no idea why. When she sees her Grandfather reading the newspaper with an article about a lost boy, Addie instantly knows where he is. She desperately wants to go find the boy, but logistically does not know how she can. When she spots a strange boy at her school, she knows he will help her. The two of them are now part of something much bigger than themselves, and everyone's life is at stake.
Not to be a jerk, but the cover does not do the book ju
Mari Sawatsky
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going into this, I was intrigued. The premise was so interesting, and I was really excited to dig in! The main character's ability was really cool, and for sure unique. Although it wasn't really explained (we kinda dove right into the middle there, and had to figure it out for ourselves..) it was something that I had never heard of before! Basically, she can see the answer to any question that you ask her (it would really solve the question, 'where did I put my darn phone?!'). It's a "super powe ...more
AK Mama Reads
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This certainly wasn’t what I expected when I began reading this book. I like to try my best to forget the blurb while I read after I’ve signed up so I can go into a book “blind” to the synopsis, but it doesn’t always work. Well, in this case the author did a fantastic job of being honest in the description without really giving anything away. There are many secrets and lies in this story, and not everything you think will be accurate. I’m usually on point with my guesses, but with Hidden Truths ...more
Aleisha Clark
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it! I wish there was more, I wasn't ready for it to end!
Rebecca
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Okay, well, this was actually a pretty cool concept. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out with the story, but I think it held up pretty well. I think there were a few times when she knew someone's emotions though even though the question didn't have anything to do with them or sometimes she got information from things that weren't questions at all. So, that was a little messy. Although, there was mention of the possibility that her gift was growing because she was using it in a different w ...more
M
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
While this was definitely an interesting and original plot, the story needs a bit more development. It felt a bit shallow, although I did enjoy it overall. A few inconsistencies, but the growing relationship between Jake, the sexy young, extremely young undercover narc and the sassy, unique and even younger Addie was sweet. I'd have loved to get a better understanding of Addie's background or family life, as only briefs glimpses were given, but felt more like filler paragraphs. The story was ver ...more
Keeley
DNF at 66%

Ok, so this book was annoying but in a good way, if that makes sense. The story itself was good and I really did want to know what happened in the end. The problem was, it was very unrealistic. It’s a book, I know it’s not meant to be real but it was really unbelievable, like ridiculous! I found it very hard to keep reading sometimes even though I did like where the story was going.

I’m not sure if I’ll go back to this to see how this book ends because I do really want to know but jus
JadeShea
Hidden Truths begins when Addie realizes she knows where a missing boy is, and she knows exactly who can help her. But, she had no idea making this little fact known would change her whole world forever, now she must work with her new friend Jake to figure out what's going on and how they can stop it.

This book was a huge surprise. I was instantly sucked in by this book. The plot line and mystery was just awesome, and the characters were great as well. I really thought it was good, and I look fo
Sairaika
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A hidden read!

Hidden truths never stay hidden...

This was such a different and incredibly unique read that will take you on a journey. I love age gap reads and this book surpassed any and all expectations.

I loved the paranormal and mystery element with such a unique gift that the heroine possesses. I cannot wait to read the first of these books. Very good writing and stories.

Full of mystery, truths, questions, answers, family, friends and romance.

Perfect for readers of paranormal romances.
Jana Gundy
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the best books I've ever read in this genre!

Wow! This story blew me away. Addie is a dynamic, charming and witty character. She's just so everything and very mature for her age. I love her realism and there's no selfishness to her. Jake and the rest of the characters are excellent foils and the whole story was perfect!
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addie is a student that uses her unique powers to help a cop after her powers help her to find a missing student. Now she has joined forces to help a cop. This story has so many layers that is part of the suspense along with the action. If you are a fan of paranormal, you will love this intriguing story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have ever read this author. I am so glad I read this book it was a awesome book to read. This is a wonderful begining to a series and I highly recommend reading this book and I will continue to read this series I am hooked on it.

Shannon
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. The entire story flowed and had me hooked from the beginning. I love these characters, all of them. Their dynamic and chemistry were fantastic and I am so glad I read this. I am definitely going to get the next one right now. A really great story line and characters. Loved it.

Barbara
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book one in the hidden truths series and I know I want to read the next book, the suspense, the drama, the danger, The betrayal, and the hidden gift of Addie's made for a very good story to read. The May/December romance between Jake and Addie was very well portrayed. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
P
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this story

Very well written and a great plot. It reminds me of the style of Lois Duncan (whom I loved as a teen). I deducted one star because the H & h love story begins when he is already in a relationship. Then it continues for way longer than reasonable without admitting it’s douchey.
Amanda Obey
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book! I really enjoyed it and it was a quick read. I was a bit dismayed when a love-triangle was introduced but it ended up not being prominent at all and it was over almost as soon as it began. I look forward to reading the next book!
Maria (aquariusunbound)
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
2.5 ish stars

It's an okay read. I do have reservations though about the age of the h. Nothing explicitly sexual happens between her and the H, but it was still uncomfortable reading the sections where they are intimate.
Elizabeth Ashley
I loved this book. It was exactly what I needed something fun with a little love and mystery. This book isn’t anything new but it’s a quick and fun read. I love the characters who developed nicely. And I like that there wasn’t instalove. Can’t wait to read more!
Deb
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great plotline set off a wonderful read. The characters had such chemistry and the interactions between all of the characters was well written and believable. I loved that she had a gift, though it was hard to deal with at times, it was wonderful to read.
Lauren Dodson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you guessing

This book will keep you guessing from start to finish. It is a suspenseful thriller that has romantic notes to the story. Jake and Addie are connected in ways that some don't understand. In their search for answers everything will be questioned.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and character development made this book a hot and enjoyable read! I couldn't put it down it was that good!

Sallie Page
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow different

This was a really good read, the characters that were younger were not silly or over mature, the story had suspense but nothing really dark. It was a great refreshing read.
Morgan Day Jackson
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Often I find myself unable to relate to the characters in certain instances, but these people are so down-to-earth. It's been a page turner since page 1. Highly reccomend!

• Pack's Promise(ARC Shifters #1)
  • Coming Home (Collier Pack #5)
  • New Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #1)
  • Broken Chains (Collier Pack #4)
  • Prophecy Awakened (Prime Prophecy #1)
  • Run Free (Collier Pack #2)
  • Shimmering Chaos (Enchanted Chaos #2)
  • Team Hate (The Football Boys #1)
  • In this Moment (Inheritance #2)
  • Forever Mine (Westin Pack #3)
  • Sanctuary (Seeking Asylum #1)
  • The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)
  • Fighting Destiny (Westin Pack, #2)
  • The Promise of Tomorrow (Inheritance #3)
  • The New Girl: A Pacific High School Bully Romance (Pacific High Series Book 1)
  • Atone (The Disciples Book 2)
  • Grave Consequences (Hellgate Guardians, #2)
  • Wild Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #2)
Kristin is an an indie writer from Louisiana who believes happily ever after is a must. A fan of everything romance including paranormal and the occasional mystery, she only writes what she loves. When she isn't writing she's hanging out with her crazy collection of dogs and cats and daydreaming about the next dozen stories she wants to write.
You can reach her on her website for updates on her lat

Hidden (4 books)
  • Hidden Lies (#2)
  • Hidden Secrets (The Hidden Series Book 3)
  • the HIDDEN series: New Adult Romance Mystery Set