Start by marking “For Finlay (For You, #1)” as Want to Read:
For Finlay (For You, #1)

For Finlay (For You, #1)

Finlay Thatcher is a lost soul, guilt-ridden after the death of her twin brother. When Alabama's football coach gives her the opportunity to work for him, she knows it's her chance to move on, even if it means living her brother's dream.

Caden Brooks is Alabama's star quarterback. He's got it all. The attention of adoring fans. A girlfriend who'd do anything to hold on to
Published January 30th 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about For Finlay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Finlay

NiCoLeTa E.
Jan 15, 2017 NiCoLeTa E. rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Are you lost???" stars***

This was the first book that I've read by J. Nathan and it was such a wonderful surprise!!!
I enjoyed every single moment in it and this journey was such a lovely experience...

To be totally honest with you, I'm a sucker for this kind of stories...
College setting, football player, girl with secrets??? Yes, please!!!!
Add to that a hate to love story, much bickering who made you laugh and much angst because of a secret that could blow up everything... or not!!!

Afte
KAS
Jan 23, 2017 KAS rated it really liked it
AN ANGSTest TO GOODNESS, FUN READ

I have two weaknesses! A love a man in uniform and a man who plays and achieves at a high level in sports. This man happens to wear a college football uniform. Add to the mix he is a conceited jerk and needs to be knocked down a peg or two by a strong willed woman, who refuses to take what he is shoveling out, made this one a lively read.

I devoured this in nearly one sitting as it was filled with angst, simmering hostility, lust, secrets, humor, a push/pull relat
Dali
Fierce, funny and gorgeously written, J. Nathan expertly balances this sweet and sexy story about loss, love and finding happiness with the perfect amount of touching and heartfelt emotion.

Two years ago, Finlay Thatcher lost her other half, her best friend, her twin brother. Having Cole die thinking she hated him when in reality she was so proud and loved him has left her absolutely sorrowful until Alabama’s football coach practically drags her to work for her brother’s team giving her the opp
Sabrina
3.5 Stars

Finlay Thatcher was used to living in her twin brothers shadow since he was the big football star that everyone wanted to know. She used to hate it and started to resent him for all his fame in their town, but after his death she's lost without him. Two years later she's finally ready to move on, even if it's to live her brothers dream of football.

Working for the Alabama college football team was never where she saw her future going, but it brings her closer to her brothers spirit so s
Shannon Moore
Feb 05, 2017 Shannon Moore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If there's one trope that I'm a huge sucker for, it's enemies to lovers. And my biggest weakness in story matter is the book of a college football player. So throw these two this together and what do you get? For Finlay. Also known as the kryptonite of Shannon Moore. <3 And man oh man, did this ever bring me to my knees!

He kissed me hard then pulled back, just gazing down at me with the same soft look I was getting used to from him. The one that held possibilities. The one that made me fee
Aɤɩ
3 i think so stars

Eh, okay. I'm going to get straight up brutally honest on this one.

For starters, very weirdly the thought of a twin brother dying kind of disturbed me. No, I don't have a twin brother, so I was really freaked out when it unsettled me. And no, he does not die gruesomely (he has a heart-attack while on field). And also, no, death does not disturb me. I like reading that shit. So if you know me, you know that me getting unsettled by a book is a good thing for the book, it means th
seton
Feb 02, 2017 seton rated it really liked it
Shelves: na-ya, sports-h
Genre: New Adult Sports Romance
Sensuality: R
Ho-meter: H = manho, h = dunno

I wasn't expecting much from this selfpub so I was pleasantly surprised.
Likable and strong H/h.
Good mix of NA-style angst and banter so it wasn't relentless sturm-n-drang.
I liked it enough that I am interested in reading the author's other bks and I didnt even deduct a half star for the lack of editing as I normally would.

Tags: Needs copy-editing, OW, College football, Alabama
Rating: 3.5
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 12, 2017 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Fabulous stars!

‘But living in the shadow of someone else was the worst kind of fate. And for my own sanity, I put an end to it.’

We were in the mood for a sports romance and they don’t come much better than For Finlay. This felt like a classic old school NA romance with a well written football theme. J Nathan is a new to us Author and we fell in love with her story and characters. A fabulous frenemies to lovers’ story that’ll burrow deep in your heart. Whilst incredibly sad at times it’s also
Saly
Feb 19, 2017 Saly rated it really liked it
Recommended to Saly by: seton
A nice quick read, even tho it did progress to ILU very soon
Tish
Feb 15, 2017 Tish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I am still reeling from finishing this book. One thing I'm definitely a sucker for are when characters go from hating each other to falling in love. I didn't know what to expect when i jumped into this book because it is my first J.Nathan book. But i was completely blown away. The story was beautiful and captivating, it made me sad but it was definitely a good read.
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
ARCimage
This was a very sweet NA book that reminded me a lot of the Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy (which I also loved). Finlay lived her entire life in the shadow of her older brother, football star Cole Thatcher. She hates always being referred to as Cole’s little sister and always craved an identity of her own. This causes her to push her older brother away, a mistake she regrets every day when her brother suddenly dies.

Two years later, moving to a new town to work for the Alabama college footb
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Jan 16, 2017 Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Finlay está fazendo de tudo para honrar o sonho de seu irmão falecido. Para tanto, ela mudou-se de cidade e agora integra a equipe do antigo time de futebol do irmão, tornando-se a "garota da água". Então ela tem que suportar as gracinhas do jogadores e também de Caden, a estrela do time da faculdade e alguém por quem ela aparentemente sente uma grande raiva.
Caden é um jogador em ascenção que ama o que faz. Além do futebol ele tem sua mãe como centro de suas atenções e faz de tudo para não magoá
Annie Brewer
Another amazing read from J. Nathan. I adored Caden and Finlay's story. It was equal parts heartbreaking and hopeful, the journey a bit messy at times. In the end, it was worth it all.

I just love how Nathan writes. Her storytelling is so seamless, her characters are relatable and flawed, her heroes are swoony and irresistible. My favorite was Until Alex but I think this one might be in the lead. Or quite possibly neck and neck for my favorite.

I love sports romances, especially when they are cen
Mari
Jan 24, 2017 Mari rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley, 2017reads
Right from the start we get thrown in to Finlay's world as a water girl for a college football team. How accurate that is I'm not aware. We don't get why she is at first but from the blurb it seems she's atoning for something. Plus she seems to hate the quarterback for whatever reason.

Soon enough it becomes clear why she has some beef with Caden. He was pretty much as expected cocky and pretty full of his jock status. But that's just part what's causing the chip on her shoulder. Slowly she gets
Lorie
Feb 08, 2017 Lorie rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, jan-2017
Well, I certainly inhaled that one!

I absolutely love J. Nathan's stories. She always gives me exactly what I'm craving in a book. Finlay and Caden were perfect together. Their banter and interactions were perfect. I loved reading for For Finaly, it definitely gave me the ahhhhhhh feeling and I didn't want it to end.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

J. Nathan is brand new to me in the romance world but that is just a minor detail that I will be fixing here in the near future. Full of heat, heart, and emotion, Nathan takes readers on a journey that won't soon be forgotten in her standalone novel, For Finlay.

She's broken and riddled with grief... trying to heal.
He's cocky... with the world falling at his feet.
She can't stand him. He is intrigued by her.
And the sexual tension simmering between them? Intense.
Sometimes life gives us ex
Zizz
Feb 18, 2017 Zizz rated it really liked it
3.5stars

It read like old school NA.

I think if this had come out in 2012 or earlier, I would have loved this. But having read a plethora of New Adult books in the past 5 years, I'm quite jaded and a lot worn out.

But this was really good work. It felt like a lesser version of Sarina Bowen's The Year We Fell Down. The two are very different - only similar in that he's a big shot athlete and has a girlfriend. Speaking of girlfriends, if there is one thing I didn't like in this book: it was how bla
Anne OK
Feb 03, 2017 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
One of the best sports-related romances I've read in quite sometime. Caden and Finlay were both flawed and stubborn. Lots of misunderstandings surrounding this relationship. And a welcomed addition of football included. This felt like a sports-themed romance. I like being on the sidelines, hearing the crowds roar, watching as the pass is caught or a player is tackled. I appreciate the power and work that goes into a star athlete. And I absolutely loved that our heroine was in tune with it all. T ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 30, 2017 Jeannie Zelos rated it really liked it
For Finlay,  J. Nathan

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, New Adult

I’ve enjoyed some terrific NA reads, despite being well past NA age....I’d read Until Alex and had mixed feelings, some of it felt really slow and very YA as opposed to NA, but there was a section that had me gripped, so I requested this book hoping the writing had evolved that way.
Sadly for me its not, well not with this book. That's fine, everyone wants different stories, different types of writing styles an
Neilliza Swaffar
Dec 22, 2016 Neilliza Swaffar rated it it was amazing
For Finlay is another 5 star read from Author J. Nathan. Right from the beginning of the book I knew I would be hooked. The story of Finlay and Caden was so addicting, I couldn’t stop myself from reading. The book made me feel so much, it made me laugh, cry and swoon.

photo ForFinlay-Teaser.jpg

Caden was such a hunk of a quarterback, but he wasn’t just any jock. Caden had a heart and when he met Finlay, she made him feel so much that he never thought he could feel. Finlay wasn’t like any other girl. While others threw th
Tania's Book Blog
Jan 09, 2017 Tania's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review*** I can't believe this is the first book I've read by J. Nathan; how dare me!!

Finlay Thatcher loss her twin brother Cole two years ago and she fell into a serious depression. Before Cole passed away she was scheduled to start college in Tampa while Cole was going to study at the University of Alabama, roll tide, as the starting quarterback. Tragedy struck and after Cole's death Finlay stopped living, fell into a depression and put off goi
Red Cheeks Reads
Jan 31, 2017 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
God, I am just in love with his authors books! They give me all the feels and stories that are unique and sexy! I was really looking forward to this one because I love sports romances especially football books and I have to say that it didn't disappoint in the least. Because it really was a sports romance in every sense of the word. Plenty of scenes take place on the football field or during games and practices and thats how I like my sports romance--to actually have sports. ;)

Also, this one is
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, surprises, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Finlay and Caden’s story. Since losing her twin brother Finlay is broken. When she gets a chance to move on with her brother’s dream she takes it. Caden has it all. He is a star quarterback with a girlfriend who will do just about anything to keep him. Finlay hates him and pushes all his buttons. Problem is there is chemistry between them. She is determined to keep away from him and he
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

For Finlay reminds us that not everything we think is actually true, what something looks like could in fact be the complete opposite of what is actually going on. I think that type of message needs to be remembered because I know I have reacted without seeing the truth behind a situation and I am sure I am not the only person in the world who has done that as well.

Finlay is sassy, feisty and even when s
Louisa
Jan 30, 2017 Louisa rated it really liked it
LOUISA'S 4 #ROLLTIDE BLUSHES REVIEW

I love a great football book! And when it's an Alabama #RollTide book - I am all over it!

Finlay has lived her life is the shadows and the devastating loss has put her in a deep depression. The coach of the Alabama Roll Tide football team has asked her to come and be a part of the team. She comes in with a few predisposed opinions. But as she gets to know the one boy she swears to hate, Caden, things begin to change.

This book is about 2 strong people who have b
Seraphim  Book Reviews
This is what a sports romance should be!

For Finlay is such a wonderful sports romance. Honestly it is one of the best I have ever read. I totally have a book hangover after reading this book. Most of the time I can jump right into another book after finishing one. I had to take the rest of the day off from reading after this book! The only book I wanted to read was the next in the series, which is not even out yet! There was so much to love about this book, while I could not really find anything
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Finlay has been trying to find herself ever since she lost her twin brother. He was her best friend til his talents shadowed what they had and she just couldn't stand it and she let it between him now he's gone unable to live his dream of playing Alabama football, which is why Finlay is here as water girl , she's trying to live out hers brothers dream the best she can til she keeps thinking of the one person she swore she would hate the one who took her brother spot Caden Brooks, his arrgant, co ...more
Beyond the Pages
Jan 06, 2017 Beyond the Pages rated it it was amazing
That was beautiful! My heart cannot take how perfect this sweet NA romance was. It was simple and real. I laughed, I cried, and I hoped right along with each protagonists. I loved this story so much!!!

Rating: 5/5
HEA: Yes

Source: NetGalley
Giselle
Mar 03, 2017 Giselle rated it liked it
This book was very insta love, its not something I hate but something I love either. It depends on how the book is written. This book was great! BUT it went way too fast for me.

P.S. Currently reading Until Alex and it's OMG
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 25, 2017 Bookgasms Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, ratula
Finlay Thatcher is trying to move forward. Trying to put aside the guilt and grief from her twin brother’s death. Trying to live life—a full life—like he’d be living. Part of this is plan means that she tries to live her brother’s dream. A dream to be a part of Alabama’s football team. Now Finlay’s part of their assistant team—and every day sees Caden Brooks, the one player Finlay despises above all others. He’s really living her brother’s dream and she’ll never forgive him for that.

Caden has it
I am looking for books similar to this one? 1 9 Feb 12, 2017 04:02AM
8202337
J. Nathan is the author of the new adult romances For Finlay, Before Hadley, Until Alex, and Since Drew. When she's not writing, she's a total romance junkie! Add an alpha male who's unlikable in the beginning... even better. Happy endings are a must. Love triangles and negative people are the bane of her existence. Her family, friends, guys in backwards hats, and watermelon margaritas are the lig ...more
More about J. Nathan...