Start by marking “All About Mia” as Want to Read:
All About Mia

All About Mia

One family, three sisters.
GRACE, the oldest: straight-A student.
AUDREY, the youngest: future Olympic swimming champion.
And MIA, the mess in the middle.

Mia is wild and daring, great with hair and selfies, and the undisputed leader of her friends – not attributes appreciated by her parents or teachers.

When Grace makes a shock announcement, Mia hopes that her now-not-so-p
Published February 2nd 2017 by David Fickling Books

jv poore
Mia-in-the-middle is not doing well. Something like loneliness lingers, an itch that can’t be scratched. It doesn’t make sense to her that someone who adores alone time (but is never actually alone) could feel lonely. Anyway, the small window of time that gave her a bit of breathing space has slammed shut.

It felt decadent, using Grace’s room while her elder sibling spent her gap-year in Greece (no doubt doing something amazing). But now, out of the blue, Grace is coming home early. And she’s bri
Dannii Elle
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is one of those books that strike you as so completely not your sort of thing that there could never be any hope of you enjoying it. And yet, somehow, you find yourself flying through it with a massive grin on your face, identifying with each and every one of the characters and bemoaning the fact that the book has ended when it seemed like you only opened it minutes before!
Emer (A Little Haze)
A very quick reading YA novel from the author of The Art of Being Normal.

Mia the main character is at that stage in life where she doesn't know who she is or who she wants to be. She is the middle sister with a seemingly flawless older sister Grace (straight As, bright future, doctor boyfriend...a parents' dream!) and with a cute as a button younger sister Audrey who is a shining light in the world of junior competitive swimming. So Mia finds herself compared to both of her sisters and struggle
Kirsty
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get this book through the door last month. I finished it in one greedy glup and adored it completely. This book is fab because of Mia. Mia is so real as a character. She's full of heart but also crazy infuriating with the decisions she makes. She's that girl we all know from school. She's loud and brash and seems touchable doing what she wants, when she wants without a care in the world. From the minute you meet her you see her live up to this stereotype perfectly making thos ...more
Ellesha
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books, 2018
I know a lot of people think Mia is a spoilt bitch who makes shitty decisions and I can understand why people would think that. Having said that, I can totally relate to her and get why she is the way she is. Yes, some of her decisions and actions were slightly dramatic and unnecessary but I get what it feels like to be constantly overshadowed by your siblings, so I get why she does it. It’s a book of self discovery and a realistic teenage life.

I’m not going to write a long review, I’m just goi
Stacey (prettybooks)
I'm an only child. I'll never know what it's like to have someone who 'gets' your family the same way you do. I don't know what it's like to grow up with someone always by your side. I had close friends, of course, but sibling relationships always felt otherworldly to me; something I'll never get to experience. And so I was eager to pick up Lisa Williamson's All About Mia, just about that very thing.

Mia is the middle child. She has a younger sister, Audrey, who's a champion swimmer, and an older
Kelly
When I picked up this book I had no idea that I wasn’t going to move until I had devoured the whole thing but that is exactly what happened. This book was such a refreshing read and I loved that as well as tugging on my heart strings I was able to openly laugh along.

Mia is the middle sister of the Campbell-Richardson family. Big sister Grace is an academically high achiever who has secured herself a place in one of the UK’s most prestigious universities. Little sister Audrey is a competitive swi
Sanne
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Full review here

In All About Mia we follow our main character Mia (kinda obvious here). Mia is the middle child, and she always feels left out in her family. Her older sister Grace, who is nineteen, is a straight A-student and is incredibly smart. It is not strange for Grace to go to the best university.
Audrey is Mia’s younger sister. She is thirteen years old and an amazing swimmer. Everyone expects her to participate in the Olympics somewhere in the future.
The only thing that is all the same,
Nana
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nana-s-bookshelf
Review from a drowzy brained person.

I really, really, really liked this book. This book was just totally fantastic. From the very start I was drawn into it and it was amazing.

I had so many mixed feelings during this read and most of all it was anger. I was so angry with how everyone treated Mia. It was always 'Whatever Mia, we do not want to hear' when she did something wrong. I was not misbehave, it was a call from attention.

I really really hated Grace in this book, she was little miss perfect
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher for review.

“shockingly funny”

“hilariously truthful”

“will make you laugh”

Whoever decides those phrases applied to All About Mia needs to rethink their career because THOSE ARE NOT THINGS TO DESCRIBE THIS BOOK AS. AT ALL. This is what the book is actually about: the downward spiral of a biracial, alcoholic sixteen-year-old girl who has a serious inferiority complex and a self-destructive streak.

Doesn’t sound funny
Robin Stevens
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love, love, loved this book about the troubled middle sister in a high-achieving family. Mia is NOTHING like I was as a teen (I was a Grace, minus the big mistake...), but Lisa's writing is warm and thoughtful enough to make me empathise with her mishaps and errors, and want to watch her fix them. Lovely. 12+

msBookLand
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I was excited about this book even though I kind of just picked it up because of the name but Ok there were parts of this book that I loved and had me cracking up! But for the parts that went wrong or fallouts the author seemed to have gone for the most embarrassing cringe situation possible.

I liked this book but at some bits I just found myself annoyed at the character or just looking for a way out for her as she had definitely dug herself in deep!

Ultimately this book was talking about friends
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

A thoughtful look at being the middle child, finding your place in the family, and the complicated relationships that exist between sisters.

Full review to follow.

Emma
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first novel from Miss Williamson, and although my students keep telling me to read The Art of Being Normal I never really got round to it if I'm honest. When I saw this coming out, I knew it was a book that I had to get, I don't know what it was about it but it was calling to me. All About Mia is just such a real, raw and a genuine joy to read. I look forward to meeting Lisa in the next couple of weeks.

Being a Campbell-Richardson is nothing short of being exhausting especially for Mia
Fiona M
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. I was able to relate to all the characters on some level and that made it such a good and easy read. Mia is a great character. Sometimes you want to hug her and sometimes you want to give her a wake up slap and to have a character that feels so real was really wonderful. I share so many feeling with Mia about my older sister (now we both get a long but it has taken a long time to get there!) and I feel so much for both Grace and Audrey.
Cheryl
This book has the most dislikable main character I ever came across. And not dislikable in a good way, but in a bad way. Mia is honestly just awful.
Caroline Fosse
All about Mia is a YA novel from the author of «The Art of Being Normal», and follows the main character Mia Campbell-Richardson who is the middle sister. She is still trying to figure out who she is and who she wants to be when her sister Grace comes home with shocking news. Hoping her sister Grace gets into trouble, it’s suddenly herself who gets out of control.

Mia is the middle child, where her older sister Grace is a straight A-student nineteen year old who goes to the best university. Audre
Paige Green
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4/5

Genre: YA Contemporary

Recommended Age: 16+ (mature scenes, alcohol abuse, some slightly triggering scenes)

Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network for the review copy of this book - all opinions are my own.

"That girl is such a mess." "Why can't she be like her sisters?"

Blah, blah, blah. That's all Mia Campbell-Richardson ever hears. From her parents, her teachers, and her never-do-wrong older sister, Grace.

So what if she parties too hard and studies too little? Who cares if she tends to
Barbara
Sixteen-year-old Mia Campbell-Richardson often feels as though she can't measure up to the accomplishments of her older sister, the Amazing Grace, who always seems to make the right choices and do the right thing. Now that her younger sister, Audrey, seems destined for fame as an Olympic swimmer, Mia feels more lost than ever. She spends way more time partying than studying--and her partying is over the top, sometimes landing her in trouble. When Grace unexpectedly arrives back home from Greece ...more
Jenna Monaco
Mia is the middle child, sandwiched between her older sister “Amazing Grace” and her almost-olympic athlete little sister. Needless to say, Mia feels pretty insecure, insignificant and inadequate. The only thing Mia seems to be good at is disappointing her parents- constantly. That is, until Grace comes home with some unexpected news that Mia couldn’t be happier about-FINALLY Grace will be knocked off of that pedestal her parents put her on. Well, jokes on Mia because Grace isn’t under fire and ...more
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
I have found a new favourite author! This is the first book I have read by Lisa and I absolutely loved it and devoured it. I will definately be reading her previous book and new book which is soon to be published. Eee. Exciting.

This story will have you reminiscing on your own teenage years. Mia is the average teenager, we’ve all been there… Wanting to stand out, wanting to be popular, wanting attention, wanting the boys, showing off and the love for alcohol AKA underage drinking. We’d be lying i
Kim Woolfson
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Molly Looby
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the narrative voice! I could read about Mia all day. She's different to a lot of YA characters I've read - and I've read a lot! Not often you get to read about someone like Mia, and it was so refreshing. Yes, she makes mistakes, and no, these are no cute mistakes as so often in YA. These are real, messy mistakes, but because Williamson is so skilled, it was obvious why Mia was doing the things she was doing, and therefore even though sometimes Mia was outrageous, I forgave her ...more
Debbie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Those sisters made me laugh, cringe and cry. Lovely book!
Nellie Ekberg
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a fun and frustrating read. Pretty forgettable but enjoyable at the time.
Trisha
Oh Mia. She's a bit of a mess, and everything she tries to fix keeps getting worse. I did enjoy her interactions with Sam, and Audrey was lovely.

Satisfying conclusion.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
All About Mia Review on K-Books

All About Mia is a book that has been on my shelf for what feels like forever... and after reading it I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I freaking adored this book! Everything about it was incredible. It's such a real and raw story of family relationships and it shows everything... the good, the bad and the ugly.

Mia is the middle child. She has always grown up with two perfect sisters and she sees herself as the disappointment. She doesn't have a 'thin
Ross
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Full review on my blog at theroyalbookshelf.weebly.com !!**

Holy HELL, this book was good. Please read it. Like right now. Lisa Williamson is soooooo talented at crafting characters and I adore her easy-flowing writing style. Bravo.
Leah
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Mia Mia Mia girl you are a lot to handle! I enjoyed the story about Mia and her family that consist of her mom, dad and two sisters who are Irish and Jamaican. Mia's older sister Grace is considered the "favorite child". She's great in school she's smart and makes great choices when it comes to her future. Audrey is the baby sister, the best swimmer in her school and everyone thinks she has what it takes to be in the Olympics. Mia is the middle child and doesn't share any of the qualities of her ...more
Berkeley High School Library
Mia is pretty spoiled in "All About Mia". She doesn't think a whole lot of herself and she really doesn't think about others. She's got parents who care about her, she's attractive, and she's got friends. Still, she's got the low-self-esteem bug that seems to attack all of us at one time or another. With a fab-u-lous older sister setting the bar super high, and a younger sister winning competitions left and right, Mia doesn't feel like she shines in any positive way - so instead she looks good a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
YA Shot 2016: "All About Mia" by Lisa Williamson - MARCH 1 6 Mar 01, 2017 05:42AM

• One Italian Summer
  • Freshers
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)
  • Air (Blue #2)
  • Indigo Donut
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • Love Song
  • Second Best Friend
  • Going Viral (Potion, #3)
  • Searching for a Silver Lining
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Truly, Wildly, Deeply
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart
  • Othergirl
  • The Baby
  • How Not to Disappear
  • Dreaming the Bear
Lisa was born in Nottingham in 1980. She spent most of her childhood drawing, daydreaming and making up stories in her head (but never getting round to writing them down). As a teenager she was bitten by the acting bug and at 19 moved to London to study drama at university.

Following graduation, Lisa adopted the stage name of Lisa Cassidy and spent several happy and chaotic years occasionally gett