Start by marking “Pain Redeemed: When Our Deepest Sorrows Meet God” as Want to Read:
Pain Redeemed: When Our Deepest Sorrows Meet God

Pain Redeemed: When Our Deepest Sorrows Meet God

We all have sorrows that leave us aching. We all have lost dreams that leave our hearts bruised. And we all have a God who is willing and waiting to redeem our pain.

“Natasha shares very personal stories of her relationship with her Redeemer, in a way that makes you ache for more of Him.” – Gretchen Louise

Discover God’s presence in the midst of your trial, be it infertili
Published September 23rd 2016 by Natasha Metzler (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Pain Redeemed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pain Redeemed

Rachelle Cobb
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so beautiful.

What I Loved

Okay, first of all, let's cover-gush, shall we? Isn't that the most gorgeous shade of green?! =) When I first saw that cover, I knew I wanted to read this book ~ and not just because it was written by friend and fellow Kindred Grace team member Natasha Metzler. But I held back for a bit, because, well, because I knew God would meet me within those pages, and I wasn't sure I wanted to make my way through a book about pain...

I'm infinitely glad God brought me to th
Gretchen Louise
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natasha’s story is one of infertility. Maybe yours is of a broken relationship. Or of a sick child. I don’t know your story, but He does. And as Natasha writes: “In the middle of pain the most healing thing to hear is that God knows.”

Pain Redeemed: when our deepest sorrows meet God is the heartbreakingly real story of Natasha’s struggle with infertility and depression. She shares very honest pages from her journal. She’s very open about her jealousy, her battles, her anger. But all in a way that
Susan Stilwell
“I could be refined or I could grow self-consumed and bitter…” Natasha reveals in her debut e-book, “A Pain Redeemed.” She shares how her struggle with infertility kept her from hearing the voice of God in her life. “Children are good and beautiful gifts, but so often I elevate them over God in my life. I long for a baby more than I hunger and thirst for Jesus.”

Though she still longs for a baby of her own, that desire has been eclipsed by a longing for her Savior. Natasha invites her readers alo
Jessiqua Wittman
I don't usually read many books nowadays, but this week I've picked up a good one. I keep up with Natasha Metzler at her blog, http://natashametzler.com/
Her writing blesses me a lot, so I was thrilled when I discovered that she's just finished an e-book, Pain Redeemed. I read it all in one sitting, it was just that beautiful.

“Nothing is quite as painful as watching dreams die.”

Pain Redeemed is a grievously beautiful call of hope. Natasha Metzler reaches deep into her heart and plucks out her dee
Brianna Siegrist
If you have an ongoing struggle in your life, this book seeks to help you to come to terms with God's plan... not only to relieve your pain, but to bring about good for your life.
Through the author's struggle with infertility, she weaves a transparent story of hope and life, and gives encouragement to us to also seek the Author of our lives.
The story is engaging, the language is comfortable to read. The message is eternal.
Stephanie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the book is about infertility the message of how God meets us in our pain is universal. No easy answers or cliches here.
Chantel
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most beautiful books on pain and heartache and how God uses even our greatest disappointments for something good. I cried through it and read it in one sitting.
Tirzah
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
I don't remember how I came across this title; it has been sitting on my to-read shelf for awhile. I eventually took time to purchase and read it and I am glad I did. I admire Metzler in that she was gracious to write down her personal experiences and journey of sorrow and share them with the world. I am sure her words have helped and inspired numerous people. One does not have to had suffered through infertility to appreciate this book. I have not experienced that, but I have had other trials a ...more
Naomi Brignola-van calster
Pain redeemed uses the author's own experience in infertility to tell us and show us how God can take anyone's pain and heartache and use it for His glory. How He is right there beside us in our sorrows, no matter what those sorrows are.

It's inspiring and heartwarming, one of those books you want to read again every year.
A book to give friends who are going through a hard time, and you know they will be gently encouraged and inspired
Sheila
Mar 27, 2018
shelbie toevs
Dec 29, 2016
David Hicks
rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2018
Jessica
Apr 19, 2016
Hollie Hart
Dec 29, 2017
Natasha Metzler doesn’t have a whole list of credentials to tell you about, but she does have the incredible story of how God met her in the midst of her greatest sorrows and brought redemption.

She lives on a farm in Northern New York with her husband and two miracle-children. She struggles to keep her house clean, is terrible at being on time to anything, and is sometimes an emotional mess—but,
“I have to learn to love from this spot, today. I have to learn to trust, even when His will seems frightening or untrustworthy. I have to follow Him, even when it feels like I am walking into emptiness. It is right here, right today, that I must decide where my faith is. If serving God does not work from right here, in the middle of my pain and mourning, it won't work from anywhere.” 3 likes
“Every miracle contains sorrow, for without pain there is no need for a miracle. But they also contain redemption. The kind that is so full of light and beauty that it hurts to look at them.” 0 likes