Start by marking “Hold That Pose” as Want to Read:
Hold That Pose

Hold That Pose

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
NOW AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK! Suave, well-traveled, and French, 22 year old Etienne Devaux transferred to Rochester Institute of Technology for his last two years as a photography major. Even though he had traveled the world with his diplomat father and artist mother, the US is the first place where he feels truly at home. As a junior, he expected a private room; he's none t ...more
Published October 14th 2016 (first published October 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Hold That Pose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold That Pose

Stacy
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-borrowed
2.5 stars. This book was ok. I liked the Narration for it better than I liked the actual story. I think Narrator Klaus Von Hohenloe did a good job with the voices and Etienne's accent. French Photographer Etienne, and Wrestler John become roommates. Then Friends. Then Boyfriends/Lovers. There relationship develops nicely in this story, but the ending is kind of abrupt, I think a little more could have been added to the ending.
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.5 Stars

Predictable-ish story, even if the details were different; having an older, professionally established but very sheltered & spoiled foreign student navigating his way through college life was a nice touch. I must say that I did love the narrator's French accent.
Nerea
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 55%

This books starts with a French MC speaking shit about Europe , specially France. (stereotyped issues like crowed cities, small houses...) to ADMIRE the large landscapes of US.... bla bla bla

Devyn Morgan, sorry, but is NOT very believable at all some french guy speak like that xD and more a french guy that havent any money or social problem in his country. He prefer US for his work, or friends? OK, but dont make up things.

FRANCE HAS LARGE LANDSCAPES. Also big houses, but of course, not i
Aki
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute little story with a happy ending and inter-cultural relationship. 4.5 stars. The only thing it's missing is an actually copy of that gorgeous photo!

Of course, it's pretty delicious in my head, so maybe I don't need it.

Using his diplomat father's ties, Etienne has gotten a student visa and is studying photography in Rochester, New York, to further his career. English is difficult, and so are his classes, but overall life is looking good.

Except for one thing: he's sharing a room with John, a
MaryAnne
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nope
DNF. I'm honestly surprised at the high rating this book got. The only reason I picked it up was because it's based in RIT and I live in Rochester, and I found this hilarious for some reason. The dialogue was weird, and I wasn't too thrilled about the writing style. Some of the descriptions were very technical, like describing how hot Ettiene was in his room, and that there was no 'heat of evaporation so no joules of energy were lost' or something along those lines. This took me back to high sch ...more
Lisa1269
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
“I just couldn’t stop thinking about you…”
I was completely charmed by Etienne and John’s journey from cautious acquaintances to lovers, the slow burn as their craving for each gradually intensified kept me hooked. Having been won over by Etienne from the very beginning, I can admit that my immediate reaction to John was to scoff at the protective bubble he’d constructed to justify his reactions to the men he wrestled against, but his self-consciousness struck me as genuine and it didn’t take lon
Carmen
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cheated! Pages ran out!

Okay I love to read original stories, but I hate when it ends abruptly. They were missing etc. Then the story ended. I need about 100 more pages of a book 2. There was a lot of discussion on where they go from here, but without and ending we can only guess. Please work hard on the rest of this story and if not tell me so I can imagine my own ending. Thanks.
Nawteeone
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet!

Loved the development of the relationship! Etienne & John had a slightly rocky start, but way they were able to admit to their attraction to each other was wonderful, sweet & kinda hot.
David Durkit
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet tale.

Even though this needs better editing, it's worth your time. I think there should have been another life model pose. The revelation of other French speakers was funny.
Beth
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This only took me a couple of hours to read and I really enjoyed it. Absolutely no angst. There were a couple of issues with editing but it didn't take away from their sweet story. Worth the read!
Linda
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Picture perfect.

This was a short sensuous love story. The cover picture of the book is a perfect introduction to the visceral beauty that flows between Etienne and John.
A very satisfying quick read.
Lbeesley
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly different

Yes, it is about an artist and jock who are still in college. Nice change from the literature I have been reading. It does have a good ending, but leaves room to be explored later.
StoneWolf
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely!

I loved this book, its first time love and sweetness are perfectly written. This is one definitely worth getting for your collection. A+++ Author!
Andrea
Nov 11, 2016
Vanessa
Oct 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Devyn Morgan is a contemporary man with a love of contemporary romance! He grew up in several different states due to his parents' careers, which instilled in him a love of travel and seeing new places. After finishing college, he traveled around the globe for two years in search of romance, experiences, and adventures. In that time, he came up with more story ideas than he could ever use, so he s ...more
More about Devyn Morgan