Start by marking “Terug” as Want to Read:
Terug

Terug

(Journey Trilogy #3)

De reis gaat verder!
Het meisje uit "Op reis" krijgt geen aandacht van haar vader. Ze vlucht naar haar andere wereld. Maar als ze daar in de problemen komt, is haar vader de enige die haar kan redden.
"Terug" is een bijzonder woordeloos prentenboek over de kracht van de verbeelding en over de band tussen kind en vader.
Published March 2016 by Brevier

To ask other readers questions about Terug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terug

Mischenko
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To see this and other wordless picture book reviews, please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

Return by Aaron Becker is the third installment in the Journey Trilogy.

As the little girl's father is once again occupied, she decides it's time for another adventure into an exotic world. This time, she has an unexpected visitor.

What made this book different from the first two was that this time the reader gets a glimpse into the real emotions the little girl has from not getting enough attention from
Hilary
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Carmen
The adventure continues in this third book where children escape reality through a magic door and use a magic crayon to create objects they need during their fast paced adventures. I would like all three books to be made into one edition, these felt a little short and without the break between books you could become more absorbed in the adventure.
Whispering Stories
Return is the last book in a trilogy, following a young girl who with her red marker pen can draw magic doors, and enter other realms. The series is unique in that the books don’t contain any words, just illustrations from beginning to end.

I haven’t ‘read’ the first two books, but it didn’t take me long to understand exactly what was happening. The little girl wants to play, she wants an adventure. Unfortunately, her father is working, so she has to create her own fun, starting with drawing a ma
David Schaafsma
The third and final installment to this wordless picture book that began with the Caldecott Honor Journey, followed by the second volume, Quest. Return is about a girl going on (and now returning to) her own series of fantastical journies when stay-at-home Dad is busy working. The artwork, somewhat inspired by the work of Becker's mentor Chris Van Allsburg, is gorgeous, and this third book shifts the perspective to include the father's joining his daughter on her journey/quest, which involves al ...more
Kelli
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An epic ending to the trilogy, this includes an evil Trojan horse-like boat, a griffin (so says my son,) some very detailed hieroglyphics, and many hidden gems my children have come to expect from this series. The illustrations are magnificent in this imaginary word.

Though, as my daughter said to me when I made that comment: Who says its imaginary?

Bravo! 5 stars.
Lata
We return to the beautiful world of the first book, but this time, we follow the girl's father as he discovers her door and follows her to the castle.
The watercolour images are beautiful, and I love the idea of drawings coming alive, and drawing what or who you need for your next steps in the world.
Amy (Other Amy)
Love, love, love so much. What do I love? The way all the discoveries from the first two books come back around again, even if only as background. The emotional truth of the tension between daughter and father, and father and daughter's friends. The way this whole book begins where the first one began, but better. The way the ending isn't perfectly happy.

Dads. They complicate things.

description
Jasmine
I did not expect to be moved to tearfulness by a wordless picture book but here we are.
Cade Roach
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Return is absolutely gorgeous. Each page is a work of art. The usage of color plays a large role in the story, and makes every scene feel so magical. I haven't had the pleasure of reading #1 or #2 of this series, but this book can definitely read as a standalone. It's beautiful and touching, and you can read spend anywhere from 10 minutes to hours "reading" this amazing story.

*I got this book from Candlewick Press*
Sue Smith
This was an interesting end to the trilogy actually, as it gets one of the parents aware of their child's sudden disappearances and inadvertently involved with a more dangerous adventure.

Great illustrations. Lots of imagination.
Carrie Gelson
I LOVE this trilogy! Each and every book.
Abigail
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Wordless Picture-Books / Readers Who Enjoyed the First Two 'Journey' Books
Once again feeling ignored at home, the young girl who first appeared in Aaron Becker's Journey and Quest uses her magic red marker to open a portal into the magical kingdom she visited in those earlier books. This time, however, her father does notice her absence, and follows her into the enchanted parallel world. Although she refuses at first to have anything to do with him, no doubt feeling hurt at his perceived neglect, the girl is won over when her father joins in her adventure, helping ...more
Olivia Henderson
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the illustrations in this wordless picture book. The book features a young girl who creates a fantasy world and herself and a young boy create more objects and animals in the world by drawing them. I really like this different way of creating the story and how you can them drawing and then it comes to life on he next page. Read the third one before the second one but am unsure whether it follows a story or not.
Shiloah
Lol! My daughter Bella said these aren’t really a read aloud, but a picture aloud. Lol. Either way, loved this series!
Katie Fitzgerald
This combined review of Journey, Quest, and Return also appears on my blog, Read-at-Home Mom.

The young girl who stars as the central character in this wordless picture book trilogy by Aaron Becker begins Journey feeling bored and left out amidst her busy family's other obligations. After asking each member of the household to spend time with her and being rejected, she, much like Sendak's Max, sets out on a journey. She begins by drawing a doorway into her bedroom wall with a red piece of chalk.
Hannah Jayne
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is stupid gorgeous, it has no words, it’s thrilling and hopeful, and I’ve read it’s 40 beautiful pages repeatedly.
Vera Godley
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I previously reviewed books #1 and #2 in the Journey trilogy by Caldecott Honoree Aaron Becker. This beautifully drawn and conceived trilogy has not a word in them. As a wordless trilogy it has spectacular imagery and it takes the "reader" on a journey from boredom to exciting adventure - a complete round trip out and back home.
description
Now the finale is available bringing the journey to an exciting close. From being a lonely girl to making a friend to encountering kings, creatures at castles, and enve
Lola
This time, when the little girl returns to the magical world through the door she created on the walls of her room, her father, who ignored her previously, follows right behind… without her noticing it.

This is the final book in the Journey Trilogy. I have to say… it is the perfect finale. The whole reason why the girl discovered her creativity could bring her to magical places in the first place was because her parents ignored her and, as a result, she was lonely.

In this story, her father help
Doc.
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first two books in this trilogy extol the importance of imagination and storytelling. There’s always the risk in books with those themes of coming off as self-indulgent and vain, but Aaron Becker’s sprawling illustrations soon distracted me from any such musings. All the more reason to applaud his decision to go in a different direction for the final book! While the artwork continues to be resplendent and grandiose, perhaps even more so than before, the plot is much more substantial and less ...more
Nadine
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#wordless #imagination #attention - great book about a girl trying to get her father's attention
Heidi
I have thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy of wordless books by Aaron Becker that conclude with this book. Not only do the books focus on the joys of imaginary play, but the illustrations are gorgeous and present many opportunities for discussion with young readers. Simply asking a child what he/she sees in the illustrations could lead to some fabulous discussions. The fact that these books also remind me of Harold and his purple crayon doesn't hurt anything as that was a favorite book from my own ch ...more
Jason
I appreciate the inclusion of a parent in the series, though Dad is wide-eyed and paralyzed for most of the story.
Katie
A most wonderful ending to the Journey trilogy!
Lesley Burnap
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mmmmm. ❤ ...more
Lisa
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-scifi
This is the last book in the trilogy series by Aaron Becker. The story starts out with a dad in his drawing room and a young girl in her room drawing a door on her wall with red crayon. Later the dad notices a kite in his drawing room and goes to find his daughter. What he finds in his daughter’s room is the open door she drew on her wall. He enters the door and enters another world. He is on a quest to find his daughter, picking up her little clues along the way. He finds a boat and when he rea ...more
Robert Davis
One part Little Nemo in Slumberland with a dash of Harold and the Purple Crayon A fitting finale to the Journey Trilogy.
Fiona Hill
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ks1, ks2, picturebooks
I did’t realise this book and ‘Journey’ - which I read prior to this - were part of a trilogy until today. So I will have read them in a rather odd order, although still enjoyed them as stand alone books too. Thoroughly enjoyed this one (the final of the trilogy) even more than the second. Looking forward to reading the first one now and seeing the links between the three books.
Brenda Lower
What a great conclusion to this set! I love the illustrations through all three books, the imagination, the new elements introduced each time. This series just is there to encourage kids to create, think of new adventures and stories, and make new friends. While it might not work as well in a big story time setting, a very small group or lap reading would be great!
Jacob
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
OH MY GOODNESS READ THIS BOOK!!!! Epic!!! The gorgeous use of colors causes the illustrations to leap off of the page and into your imagination. The adventure is epic and grand! Read this. And the others in the series. Read them!
Sarah N
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4 1/2 STARS) Still a lot of adventure and detail on every page - just how I like it! A sweet ending to this one. I really enjoyed reading it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Hank Finds an Egg
  • I Walk with Vanessa: A Story about a Simple Act of Kindness
  • Professional Crocodile
  • Fox's Garden
Aaron Becker has worked as an artist for such film studios as Lucasfilm, Disney, and Pixar, where he helped define the look and feel of characters, stories, and the movies they become a part of. With Journey, he has created characters and worlds of his very own, using traditional materials and techniques. Aaron Becker lives in Amherst, Massachusetts, with his wife, daughter, and cat. This is his f ...more

Journey Trilogy (4 books)
  • Journey