Start by marking “AniMalcolm” as Want to Read:
AniMalcolm

AniMalcolm

From David Baddiel, the brightest new star of children’s books and winner of the LOLLIES award, comes a laugh-out-loud adventure for every child who ever wondered what it might be like to be a bit of an animal…

Malcolm doesn’t like animals.

Which is a problem because his family love them. Their house is full of pets. What the house is NOT full of is stuff Malcolm likes. Such
Published September 29th 2016 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

To ask other readers questions about AniMalcolm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AniMalcolm

Emma Radford
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of laughs with this one, with my two boys! Great story!
Mehsi
David Baddiel did it again, he wrote another magical book.

This time no Parent Agencies, no Controllers that will control people/animals, oh no, this time we are experiencing what it is like to be an animal, and not just one, but quite a few of them.

Say hello to Malcolm, he is our MC, and he doesn't like animals. He has his reasons, and I was nodding along, I could totally understand he may not be all that happy with animals. I understood his point that animals seemingly do nothing all day, just
Katy Noyes
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third winner on the trot (or should that be trotter?) from David Baddiel.

He manages to tap into the 'wish fulfilment' genre brilliantly each time, from changing your parents, to having a controller that works on people, and now - turning into another animal!

Malcolm's family are NUTS about animals. Malcolm.... isn't. So when he gets the worst birthday presents ever (have a guess) and then ends up on a school trip to a FARM, he never thought it could get worse. But then he wakes up as an animal hi
Richie Brown
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest child in an exceptional class to have a supernatural mini-adventure is Malcolm: an animal-hating lad from a family who are animal-mad! But that's all about to change as he gets up close and personal with some new friends on the farm.

This is David Baddiel's third book for children and his best yet. There are several laugh out loud moments and the correct balance of excitement and excrement.
Nicola
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my 11 year old daughter.
I would like to thank whoever is responsible for the print in the book. The line spacing and font make it much easier to read, without being babyish or condescending. A real plus for any dyslexic or reluctant reader.
Felt maybe the book was a little long as the middle got a little repetitive, but it soon pepped up the humour and good story.

Recommended!
Ashton Fish
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book I would definitely recommend it to teen aged readers
Layla
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great book really funny love all the adventures he has
Harriet Cooper
This was an amazing book! I loved K-pax in it, that was hilarious especially the Coda's at the end!!
Denisa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to pick this book up after reading The Parent Agency. I hoped this was as good but it was even better! This book is funny, but has an important moral. This was easy to read and it was grasping. I couldn't put it down. This was strange but amazing! I would definitely recommend this to anyone. I will definitely be reading more of his books😀
Jo Co32
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having heard David Baddiel describing his idea for this book at last year's Oxford Literary festival, this was an essential bedtime read for my daughter. Without spoiling the plot too much, the struggles animal hating Malcolm encountered as he tried to return from life as an animal to the semi-normality of life with his family were entertaining. As an old git, I found Malcolm's sister's use of made up text speak a little annoying whereas my daughter loved the footnote explanations. Altogether a ...more
Freddie Marshall
6/10

This book is alright. I didn’t enjoy it like many other novels such as Cogheart, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Elementia Chronicles, The Iron Man or Jurassic Park. Its storyline was very unusual and was just random as Malcolm, the main character, just turns into an animal because of where he sleeps. It’s like it breaks the idea, “If you were born in a stable, it doesn’t turn you into a horse.”
I know it’s a children’s novel, but, it just doesn’t have a proper plot as how to turn
Ronnie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
*SPOILER ALERT* I was really excited to get this book but was quite unimpressed during and after reading it because of the plot and how boring I found it. Malcolm basically turns into multiple different animals and can only speak their language. I think the reason why I disliked it was because it's more of a 7-9-year-old's book (maybe a bit younger too) and I read it at 11 (12 now).
Christina Clarry
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children who love animals
AniMazing!
This is a must book for children who love animals.
And it might open the minds of those who don't.
Ongoing research is showing how much we have been underestimating the intelligence of animals.
David Baddiel's imagination and quirky humour shine throughout.
AniMalcolm will also appeal to adults who read to children.
Nicole Wright
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Shell Louise
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a review copy of this book.

I really enjoyed it and will be buying his other books for Kaycee and Ella. It was funny in places, a bit gruesome in others and a little sad at times but there was a happy ending so all is good!
Callum
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, action-packed book. I loved it so much!
Janine
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book that brings to life most Children’s dream of being an animal. My 6 year old loved it.
Séan Brazier
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, amazing, brilliant. Loved the ideas and the plot.
Sue
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this. Perfect for kids of all ages!
Nick
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting,there are moments that makes you want to go back and read it again.David Baddiel is very funny!

By Madeleine age 8
Monty
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was a very funny and well written book. I think that anyone from age 7-11 should read it.
Tom
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think ani Malcolm was really good and I will read a lot of his in the future
17wrightj204
17marwahr214
This book was very interesting. It is a fiction book, and i recommend this book for ages 9-13. There was some suspense, comedy and fantasy. This book was nicely illustrated and i enjoyed it because it wasn't too hard to read.
17shaha155
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this book
like how malcom likes animal in the end
Kristiana Carrington
I listened to the audio book with my children. They enjoyed it, I found it a bit predictable.
Sian Thompson
Read with the kids. Cute story. Made us laugh!
K. M. Seecharan
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!

Very funny with a good story line. I would recommended this book to 6 - 10 year olds.
If you like animals and funny,exciting and interesting stories you should DEFINITELY get AniMalcom.
AKDHjiudsklJKDO
I like this book, the only problem i faced was that i find the book with lack of reality to the real world, but as the title says and the description. You know that a human turning into an animal will be in this book.
Runningrara
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Mildly humorous but the silly outweighed the characterization.

• Tiny Titans, Volume 5: Field Trippin'
  • Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout
  • Claude at the Beach
  • Hamlet (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Beetle Queen (The Battle of the Beetles #2)
  • Dear Scarlett
  • The Gift of Dark Hollow (The Five Realms #2)
  • Azzi in Between
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • The Polar Bear Explorers' Club
  • Secrets of a Sun King
  • Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 6
  • The Last Chance Hotel (Seth Seppi Mystery, #1)
  • Hyperion and the Great Balls of Fire (Heroes in Training, #4)
  • The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)
  • Shadow of the Minotaur
  • Arthur and the Golden Rope (The Brownstone's Mythical Collection, #1)
  • Wed Wabbit
David Lionel Baddiel is an English comedian, novelist and television presenter. Baddiel was born in New York, and moved to England when he was four months old. He grew up in grew up in Dollis Hill, Willesden, North London.

After studying at Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School in Elstree, he read English at King's College, Cambridge and graduated with a double first. He began studies for a PhD in Engl
“He offered me some free cheese too,” said Stewart. “Sounded quite nice.” “NEVER MIND FREE ********56 CHEESE,” 0 likes
“do this – and very large lines appeared across his forehead. His nostrils flared, becoming even wider holes than they already were. Speak-No, Hear-No and See-No” 0 likes