Start by marking “No Light (Werelock Evolution, #4)” as Want to Read:
No Light (Werelock Evolution, #4)

No Light (Werelock Evolution #4)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
A badass single mom …

Being a single mom is tough. It’s even tougher when there’s a nasty prophecy floating around about your kid being a purported abomination fated to destroy the human race.

With the supernatural world on the hunt for her only child, Avery sees no alternative but to adopt an offensive, preemptive approach: Hunt the hunters and take them out first.

An immort
Published January 31st 2018 by Hettie Ivers (first published January 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about No Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Light

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3 Stars

This was super decent but, not gonna lie, I felt a little lost.

The amazon blurb said, and I quote, "Although this is book #4 in the Werelock Evolution series timeline, it was written as a STANDALONE, so it is not necessary to have read the trilogy that precedes No Light."

Pfffffft.

Lies.

Lies, I tell you.

Sure, sure, I was able to amble along a little bit.

But, have you ever been to a party which - while fun - you are surrounded by people who seem to have endless inside jokes you just KNO
Mel
Absolutely loved it! I enjoyed catching up with all the characters. I am addicted to this series and can not wait for more. 😉
Ally's Book Reviews
*Spoiler FREE*

The next instalment of the Werelock Evolution series, No Light was very different to the other books, new and old faces, brand new and exciting story, a new fear and a desperate struggle for survival. Hettie totally smashed it, I was hooked from the prologue didnt put it down until I hit thenend around 3:15am, I couldnt stop even for sleep.

Avery was an awesome female protagonist, feisty, funny and full of fire. I wouldn't mess with her, that badass mama werewolf would take on the w
 Jessica L Fox
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am going to start off by saying that this is the hardest review I have ever written. I have deleted sentences only to rewrite them and then move them. It has taken me over an hour from start to finish.

I had the pleasure of reading "No Light" by Hettie Ivers this weekend (even my husband read it - he is still laughing at the "You girls look stunning" line in the Epilogue. lol.). While I have read the previous books in the Werelock Evolution series, my husband has not and we were both able to fo
JUSTFORFUN
Buffyanna
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Light is a sexy, supernatural comedy set in a world where werewolves and their magical cousins, werelocks, flourish unbeknownst to humanity. Its prologue is edgy, shocking, and profoundly captivating, setting the stage for the introduction of a truly strong and unflaggingly determined heroine, Averhilda Fatima Haskie. . . .She prefers “Avery”.

No Light takes place ten years after the events of The Werelock Evolution Trilogy. Fans of the Reinoso werelocks get to revisit the insanely gorgeous an
Rachel Beamin'
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, shifting
description

As a true stalker-fan of Hettie, I shoved old people out of the way to get a copy of this book.
description
You might ask, was it worth it?

Um. FUCK YES.

Hettie has a way with words, she can build an entire empire made of gold with a pile of verbal poo, and not many can pull that off. In Hettie fashion, the book is witty, humorous, a bit dark and oh so sexy.

There is so much I could say about this book, the characters, plot and everything in between; however, my words can’t hold a candle to the actual truth
Bobo's Book Bank
NO LIGHT is book four in the Werelock Evolution series and is SOOO much more than just a paranormal romance! It's dark and light at the same time (I know you're saying, WTH??) but it's completely true! Although this one's a standalone, I'd recommend starting with book one because not only are the first three AWESOME, they'll give a more complete picture of the overall plot.

This story goes off on a tangent with Alcaeus and Avery as the main characters but it's still an integral part of the origin
Simone Bhalla
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I absolutely love about Hettie's books is that they make you brainstorming yourself! Who is good? Who is bad? On which side should I be on? I swear I LOVE books which do that to me and this was definitely one of those!!

It's not simple paranormal romance oh no it's everything you wish plus big pile of puzzles that you slowly need to put in order just to be shocked in the end by amazing twist!

This story has taken me by surprise it was totally different from previous books of the series yet s
Monadh
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, werewolf, erotic
Sexy werewolves/warlocks on steroids – just couldn’t put it down!

This is book 4 in the Werelock Evolution series and since it was described as a standalone I read it first out of order. I literally devoured it and when I was finished I immediately went on to Slip of Fate (which is book 1 in Milena and Alex’s trilogy) which made me realize how much I missed by not having read them in order, so I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

Actually it’s never a good idea to start with the negative things about a
Sheena
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alternative world building at its best....

I loved this book and the original premise.....it is an enthralling follow up to the first three books in the Werelock Evolution series...... the author’s writing style is so easy to read, both intelligent and humorous....

The beginning of this story is absolutely compelling.... it is dark, but also starkly beautiful......honestly I did not think I could feel such sadness and empathy for a character that I have only just met and know nothing about...the
Ashleigh
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ivers is back with another gem after her departure into sci-fi and the Krinar World. I liked Beyond the X Club, but Ivers shines in her own world just that bit brighter. No Light rejoins the Reinoso Salvatella blood feud after a decade and we find our familiar characters in some unfamiliar situations. I don't want to get into the plot, as some of the other reviewers have already done, so I'll just stick to what I liked.

First, Avery and Alcaeus are awesome! The way they get together had me at the
GrnEyed
When you pick up a book by Hettie Ivers you are almost guaranteed to get a book that is going to blow your mind on multiple levels. No Light was no deviation from the incredible stories I’ve come to expect from this talented author.
No Light included the brilliant characters Alcaeus, Kai, and Raul from her other Werelock Evolution books. She also introduced new characters Wyatt, Avery and Sloane. I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to these characters and their interactions. Throughout
Nay Denise
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my was this a phenomenal read. I must say that I am bias to the whole Werelock Evolution series because I've read the first 3 books and have adored every character since, so I knew I'd love this off the back. Where do I even begin!!?!

Al is still the hot, arrogant and slightly obnoxious werelock I remember. He's also overly sexual as usual. I loved that he finally found his mate because in the first three books my heart was hurting for him, especially after Lupe. Al is a hot man and I'd love t
Gladys
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Light: A Werelock Evolution Series Standalone Novel is an excellent and entertaining read. I have been patiently waiting for a new entry into this series and No Light did not disappoint. This is a standalone book, so if you are new to this author or series it's a great time to jump in. This is an emotional, action packed, humorous shifter paranormal romance. Offering lots of sexiness and a surprising amount of heart, this book will quickly ensnare you and keep you turning pages as quickly as ...more
Renee
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I have been wanting to see Al get the girl from the very first book and boy did he. Avery is the strong woman that doesn't need to be saved but sure could use a little help considering everyone wants to kill her and her daughter because of a prophecy. This story starts out with a bang and it never slows down, it is 1:15 in the morning on a work night but I couldn't stop until I had devoured this book,will be waiting not so patiently for Kai's book.
Neilliza Swaffar
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Copy provided by Author, in exchange for an honest review**

No Light was sexy and full of surprises. When it comes to Author Hettie Iver’s writing, sexiness and naughtiness is always expected. I’m usually not into books that get a little too dirty, but when it comes to her writing I am all in. She has a way with her words that will suck any reader in, even a very “clean” reader like me. ;)

Bad boy Alcaeus finally met his match when he met single mom Avery. She had this grace and sexiness that Al
SBee Reviews
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

Absolutely addicting characters and series!

I received an Advance Reader Copy for NO LIGHT: A Werelock Evolution Series (Standalone Novel), Book #4 written by Hettie Ivers and voluntarily reviewed this book.

The best thing that could have happened to Avery was her daughter Sloane, who happened to be born from a very dark and tragic event, costing the lives of people she loved dearly. But Avery was nothing if resilient, resourceful, and courageous to take them both
Vicki
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best dramatic movies have elements of comedy peppered throughout them and though this is mainly a dramatic book I was extremely pleased by the ongoing humor, which amounted to much more than you typicallly see in a serious werewolf shifter book, and set it apart in my eyes in such a positive way.

This is book 4 in the Werelock Evolution series but I had only read Slip of Fate prior to this one. Though I imagine the reading experience is heightened if you have read them all it didn't detract f
Maria Malera
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've said in other reviews that I have a way to spot really bad books and that is if the book has too much drama and conflict that has nothing to do with the main conflict in the book. This book has a conflict and everything revolves around that conflict but it does not have extra and unnecessary drama.

There are not white and black characters except maybe two of them, who happen to barely be involved in the story. The characters are realistic, and besides the fact that the author likes to write
Amanda Burch
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There’s a reason why Hettie Ivers is one of my favorite authors and this series just keeps proving why. I’ve been waiting for Alcaeus’ story and the heroine that he is paired with is perfect! Avery is so strong, so independent and with so many odds against her she’s still an amazing mother. These two have instant sparks and the chemistry is explosive! I swoon so hard for Alcaeus in this book and even Raul.. 😉 I couldn’t put it down and the twists! Oh my gosh the twists! I stayed on edge until th ...more
Patty
Feb 09, 2018 added it
Hettie has fast become one of my favorite authors and No Light just proved why all over again. This was a standalone story but it may just be my favorite of all. She hooked me before I even made it into Chapter 1 and then I was a goner! I love the character of Avery and what a fighter she is, she'll do anything to protect her daughter. Then there is Alcaeus and what more do I need to say about him? He has truly met his match in Avery. Can't wait for the next book!

I voluntarily reviewed and ARC o
MsAleea
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was once again smiling like a cat with a bowl of cream when I finished this, my latest Werelock book. Hettie, you not only seamlessly meshed this read with the original trilogy, but also kept my focused attention on every page.
Did I read there's another Werelock in the works? Not sure, but, whether there is or not, as with every invested series, it's difficult to let go
I truly enjoy your writing, Hettie Ivers!
Sincerely,
A Fan
K.  Ramjohn
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Light by Hettie Ivers was Paranormal at its best. Warewolves, warelocks, prophesies, fated mates, family dynamics and the rogue of all rogues are just some of what you will get in this fast pace gripping tale.
This was Alcaeus and Avery's romance yet there were a host of additional characters who all added to this fascinating story. I will admit Raul was my favorite.
Steamy scenes, amazing characters, exciting storyline and lots of twists and turns will have you hooked until the very end and l
Eva
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great Story which can be read as a standalone hot sweet and sexy and exciting great chemistry all in this story definitely worth reading although it's a standalone I'm going to read the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Aisha
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book it went straight for my heart. My heart bled for Alcaeus and Avery. The book is full of mystery, love, and betrayal. I don’t think I could ever get enough of this series. This might actually be the best book yet.
Lacrymosa Quiñones
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've laughed so hard with this book! Holy cow! I also enjoyed the main characters thoroughly it my attention from page one.

Character breakdown;

Alcaeous; A Casanova, funny but temperamental. I loved his cluelessness to the obvious and loved more how easily be loved accepted those around him. His the type of guy you want to get to know and pray he wasn't using you. The man has a big heart I loved him. He also undid me at the end of the book but guess this author knows how to make me cry!

Avery; fi
Kelly Gregory
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
well what can I say. Hettie you never disappoint and I can't wait for more from you!! loved it, thank you
Solveig
A fantastic continuation of the first three books, we find hot as lava Alcaeus finding his feisty mate and fighting against everything he thought was gospel his whole life... very fast paced, sexy and hot. 😊😊
Lily Mccurry
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Hettie!

No Light is book 4 in the Werelock Evolution series. It picks up 10 years after the Milena and Alex's story. I have been patiently waiting for Alcaeus's story since I devoured the trilogy last year.

I love the banters between Alcaeus and Avery, they are adorable together. I really enjoyed this book, and looking forward to Kai's story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Taking life one litigation, TPS report, and naughty book at a time. Sitting in traffic in Los Angeles.✌ ...more
More about Hettie Ivers

Werelock Evolution (4 books)
  • Slip of Fate (Werelock Evolution #1)
  • Fear the Heart (Werelock Evolution #2)
  • Revenge of the Wronged (Werelock Evolution, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be