Start by marking “CSB Study Bible” as Want to Read:
CSB Study Bible

CSB Study Bible

The CSB Study Bible continues to offer the ECPA award winning Holman study system with over 15,000 study notes and tools uniquely designed to be on the same page as the biblical text to which they refer, and is now expanded to offer additional word studies, a feature article on the apostles by Dr. Sean McDowell, and more.

Features include: 15,000+ study notes, 315 word s
Leather Bound, 2208 pages
Published September 30th 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers (first published June 2005)

To ask other readers questions about CSB Study Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CSB Study Bible

ALLEN
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In 2003 Holman, a Christian publisher, released a new translation of the bible, the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), and it’s a terrific one -- readable, but with no loss of intelligibility or the “dumbing down” that accompanies some modern translations. Two years later the publisher released this popular study bible, with great learning aids, maps, charts, and color design. It’s tough to recommend to believers that they run out and buy yet another bible (the 1990s and early part of this ...more
Create With Joy
Today, there are more Bibles available than at any other time in history – but with so many Bibles to choose from, finding the right Bible that accurately and faithfully translates the Word of God into contemporary language can be a challenging, daunting task.

That’s why I am so excited to discover the HCSB Study Bible (Holman Christian Standard Bible – God’s Word For Life) – an award-winning Bible that faithfully translates Scripture in a way that is easy to read and understand – yet highly accu
Danny
I love the HCSB translation. It actually explains the text more accurately in certain places than certain other translations do. Also, I like how through out this study Bible it teaches some Hebrew and Greek words to bring greater understanding portions of the text. I would definitely recommend it to augment one's study of the Bible.
Mary Vogelsong
I had been using the NIV Study Bible for nearly forty years, and I was ready for a change. I wanted Scripture to feel fresh and alive as I read it.
I’d be the last person to call myself a Bible scholar, but I love digging deeper when something sparks my interest. I also write for publication on Christian topics, and it is important to be accurate.
Some translations go back to the original language to begin, while others start with an English translation. My thought was the closer to the source, th
Michael Harshman
Holman came out with the CSB Study Bible a little while ago and I was very interested in checking this out. The more I read the CSB, the more I am liking it. From a design perspective, I really like this Study Bible and also, it appears to be made very well.

The more than 15,000 verse-level study notes in the CSB Study Bible are fairly typical of what you would expect in a study Bible. Since the CSB translation is a re-do of the HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible), it makes sense that the stud
I think we all know that studying the Bible is good, but where do you begin? The challenge to study the Bible can seem pretty daunting, am I right? That’s why I’m super excited to share some insights on the CSB Study Bible.

The original CSB Study Bible (then called the Holman Study Bible) greatly enriched my Bible study time. My husband (then fiance’) admired the Bible so much that I made sure I purchased one for him…and a number of other friends who expressed interest in taking their Bible readi
Rev Reads
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Excellent translation of the Bible! The CSB surpassed my expectations.
Mark Greathouse
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an outstanding study Bible. My personal favorite.
terry reynolds
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Translation as accurate as can be without being literal. Excellent commentary; gives various opinions as applicable. Good resource for understanding Scripture.
1nemind
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews
I received a review copy from B&H Publishers for the HCSB Study Bible, Black Deluxe Leather edition.

To begin, I think the translation itself is quite good. I still feel the best translations are NKJV, ESV and NASB but the HCSB is just a step under. I see the HCSB as a translation in between ESV and NIV. Lets just say the NIV wishes it was as good a translation as the HCSB. It has an excellent readability and I think the translators did well in what they set out to do, to make an "optimal equ
Gail Welborn
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
***Reviewing this Bible made it clear why it's Bible of the year by ECPA in 2011***

Holman Bible Publishers hit a home run when they published Holman Christian Standard Study Bible in 2010. “Evangelical Christian Publishers Association” (ECPA) thought so too when they awarded the bible ECPA’s Bible of the year award in 2011. From the new translation, to the Hebrew and Greek word studies, footnotes, time lines, full color maps and more, there is lots to like in this inviting Bible.

While most Bib
Brandon Current
"Read and keep as resource (comparison translation). (This review is for the translation in general and not any particular printing. I actually read a digital version)

Thought provoking fresh translation, but at times feels like it tries too hard to be different. I like it for a fresh cross reference, but I don't think it is well done enough to be my daily or teaching translation.

Also, I don't like their flexible translation philosophy. When I read NLT I know I am looking at Dynamic Equivalent.
Mark Cerasaro
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: always-reading
My appreciation for this translation began with my checking the work of the translators on a popular section of scripture which read surprisingly differently to me than any other translation, and even undid some preaching I'd heard about the subject. The passage translates Jesus' groaning at Lazarus's tomb (prior to weeping) as being angry. Upon checking with the concordance, I found that the sound described in the passage indeed was understood as an expression of anger and frustration. Kudos to ...more
Kristin
For the first time in my 24 years, I read the Bible cover to cover, taking one full year to accomplish the task (2013). I used my copy of the HCSB study bible for the undertaking.

The translation itself is up-to-date, with a clarity unmatched by other translations. I especially enjoyed the full color photos of historic locations, maps, diagrams, and illustrations. Each book begins with a very helpful, in-depth introduction.

Where this version really shines is the abundance of notes. The sheer amou
Jodi Woody
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars. Of course I loved it, it is the Bible. I try to read through a different version each year. Having a good version on kindle was great for highlighting and writing notes.
Gregory Johnston
Simply one of the best Study Bibles out there. The Holman translation is excellent, accurate and relevant. The study notes, maps, and articles all aid in an complete understanding of Scripture. One of the best features of this Bible are the word studies in Hebrew (OT) and Greek (NT) that are interspersed throughout each chapter. Excellent Bible and one of my go to resources.
Dan
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Holman Christian Standard Bible Study Bible is excellent. The word for word translation is fine, though I actually prefer the ESV. The study notes and special features of the study Bible are really excellent. Overall, I give high marks to this Bible.
David Howell
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this translation and the Study Bible! The Bible is God's Revelation to mankind. I recommend this version and this particular Bible for a deeper understanding of what God is saying to us through His Word
Lisa Richardson
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Best book ever. I loved the Study Bible and it's colorful maps and pages. It really added visually as well as intellectually.
Avril Vandermerwe
I have read through the NIV, King James, NASB, ESV and The Message several times. But the Holman Christian Standard Bible in the Study Bible edition, is my all-time favorite!
Aaron Cash
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far the best ever book to read
Flips
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great translation, good study notes, lots of value. Have it both as leather bound and in electronic versions ...
Shannon
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent! I really liked this translation and the study helps are wonderful!
Omisile Kehinde Olugbenga
It's a very good edition of the Bible and has been a blessing to me though I still kinda prefer the Good News Bible to every other version.
Siriblake
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this Bible!
John
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a conservative evangelical study Bible, look no further. This is an extremely comprehensive study Bible.
Mike Patterson
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent study Bible. Good, accurate, readable translation. Clear, helpful, sound commentary. Great aids, maps, charts. Highly recommend. Have read nearly all the other versions through the years.
robert saylor
Apr 13, 2017
Carolyn Burton
Jan 29, 2016
Stephanie
Feb 27, 2014

• The Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23
  • Til We Meet Again: A Memoir of Love and War
  • Why I Am a Christian
  • Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God: Old Testament
  • NIV Zondervan Study Bible: Built on the Truth of Scripture and Centered on the Gospel Message
  • The Book of the Acts
  • Sola Scriptura!: The Protestant Position on the Bible
  • Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: A Biblical Theology of Mission (New Studies in Biblical Theology (InterVarsity Press), #11)
  • Revelation:  Four Views: A Parallel Commentary
  • God in the Dark
  • Five Proofs of Christianity: A Circuit Court Judge Looks at His Life
  • Forever: Living with Eternity in View
  • Beautiful Battlefields
  • True for You, But Not for Me: Deflating the Slogans that Leave Christians Speechless
  • A History of Christianity Volume 2: Reformation to the Present (AD 1500 - AD 1975)
  • The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust the Modern Translations?
  • The Kingdom New Testament: A Contemporary Translation
  • Decision Making and the Will of God: A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View
“Baptism of Jesus 21 When all the people were baptized, a Jesus also was baptized. As He was praying, b heaven opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a physical appearance like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: You are My beloved Son. I take delight in You! ” 1 likes
“The Lord's lamp sheds light on a person's life, F searching the innermost parts. G, j” 0 likes