Start by marking “The Secret He Keeps” as Want to Read:
The Secret He Keeps

The Secret He Keeps

Dr. Rachel Miller has no recollection of what happened that night she climbed in the car with her husband and he drove recklessly into a tree. She has no clue as to why she survived and he didn’t. Nor does she understand why strangers are coming up to her on the street and telling her things she can’t recall about a life that seems so long ago. But Dane Stone knows.

Dane S
Published December 8th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Secret He Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret He Keeps

Snow
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

struggled with this one...review soon!

***ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Secrets always have a way of coming out no matter how hard we try to hide them. “The Secrets He Keeps" by Juliann Dove accurately depicts this statement.

This is my first time reading anything written by the author, but as soon as I read the blurb I knew I had to get a copy of this book. I figured that this would have been an emotional read and I was not disappointed. I am not sure I would have classified this as a romance. The emphasis was more on learning to cope with a devastating loss rather
Kelly
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
By the time I read a new book that I get, I forget what the synopsis was. So, I just start reading. This story is about a girl, Rachel, who has lost her memory of the last year of her married life with her now deceased husband, Scott. At the beginning of the book almost a year has passed since he died in a car accident with Rachel in the car as well.

During this time after wards, Rachel is a hermit. She is depressed and doesn’t really leave her home. When she crosses path with an electrician fixi
Sarah Wayne
Surprisingly sweet, a little dark and a whole lot interesting. I loved that this story was slightly different from other romance books in being that the main hero started off seemingly a secondary character. If I hadn't read the synopsis I might have been rooting for her and John. Very good story by an author new to me. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Heather 123
Apr 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not get into this book at all! The majority of the first quarter of the book all takes place in the main character's head. There's very little interaction with another person (except for some random electrician who knocks on her door). The basis of the story sounded really good, but when you read page after page of someone's thoughts you tend to lose interest.

DNF

** ARC received from Netgalley **
☕️Kimberly
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in beta, and enjoyed it from the small town setting to the secrets.
Angel Hatfield
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel’s living room smelled like stagnant smoke and dust. Rachel had given numbers to all the things that made her feel abandoned Rachel’s dog Gus was her only friend in the world and was the only one who was witness to the destruction Rachel’s life had become. Rachel had been married to Scott but Scott had died in a car accident he had been driving in drunk with Rachel in the car. Rachel blamed herself for not taking the keys or otherwise stopping Scott from driving in that condition and wishe ...more
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
Rating: 4.78

Memory is a fickle thing. We can choose to remember what we want when we want. But it's somethig Rachel doesn't have after her deceased husband, Scott is killed in a drunken car accident. She doesn't understand why she can't remember anything on thte night or leading to the accident. But blaming herself on Scott'sdeath is something she's been dealing with the grief. Rachel doesn't understand why people in her townkeep telling her completly different memories from the man she married
Madison  Monroe
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a different read for me because this story was in the mystery genre as well. I went into this story brand new and not expecting the emotional roller coaster that I was taken on. The secrets he keep tells the story of Rachel. Rachel was in a terrible car accident along with her husband, but, unfortunately, her husband died in the accident. As a result of the accident, Rachel has lost her long term memory for the one year before the accident and leading up to the accident. Rachel is fight ...more
Emma bramley
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
this is the second book that ive read by this author and they just keep getting better. you will definitely be hooked from the first page, this book will keep you hanging till the very end. This is a sweet but sometimes dark story. This book has fantastic characters and is a very good story. I cant wait to read by this author in the future.

Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Natali
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC Copy of this book
I really loved this book so much

We first meet Rachel who is trying to find out what happen before the accident that killed her husband.

I loved reading this book because never have I read a book like this before .

This book also keeps you hanging till the end of its all ends
Tonya Peterson
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good, the kept you hanging till the very end on what happened that dreadful night her husband died. For a year she was depressed from loosing her husband and then she started finding clues but her mind wasn't wanting to remember her husband right before the accident.
Will2pear95
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book was okay but it didn’t work for me because I had a hard time getting into it. I just didn’t connect with the main charters (the ones that were and dead). I found my mind wondering and I just didn’t care why Rachel forgot the year before her husband’s death or why she wanted to remember the night he died.

An ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review
Ava Gurley
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it!
C bond
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
via netgalley

an ok read
Lou-Lou Belle
ARC kindly provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

Interesting read with lots of promise.
However, the story was quite slow, and the ending very abrupt. The different POVs were very enjoyable.
Kerry Richardson
This was a difficult book to read. I really struggled to get into it and found it very laborious. The premise was good but I don't think it was executed very well. I could see why John's character was in the book, however, I think his story was very much a loose end and it really needed to be tied up. I also didn't much care for Rachel, I found her to be morose, very selfish and self centred. The ending was very abrupt after so much build up to "the secret", which I'd guessed correctly anyway. I ...more
Becky
Dec 09, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, arc, contemporary
DNF.

Apparently, this author's writing style just isn't for me. Second book I've attempted; 2nd DNF.

Spending only a dozen pages inside the heroine's head is too much, and I don't understand why we're given a glimpse into a random guy's head on page 6 (there's only 111 pages total, we don't have time to delve into non-main characters' psyches!)

Only made it about 10% in. Life is too short, and my TBR pile is too long.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Tami
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dove-j, netgalley
This review is based on the ARC received from the author and or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

I enjoyed parts of this story quite a lot. Some were unnecessarily there and extremely offensive. When the author addresses the issue the critique I left in NetGalley, I will definitely adjust my rating accordingly.
Izzie d
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I wasn't very impressed to be honest. I have a pet hate and that is the characters talking inside their heads, it irritates me, i know it is difficult because Rachel is alone alot but she rambles in her head and talks to the dog. It just didn't work for me.
Paula  Phillips
Trish Manalaysay
rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2016
Tonia Amet
was kind of torn with this book. I enjoyed it, the writing and such. but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The authors way of writing was good, I can see myself reading more of her books, but in my opinion this book dragged on a bit too much. I was expecting a bit more "edge of your seat" suspense but the build up didn't start until towards the end of the book. I like the ending where the twist was finally revealed, that let me with a slack jaw. It was unexpected but could have been ...more
Pauline Pedrola
Apr 19, 2019
SD
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2018
  • Rustling Up Trouble (Sweetwater Ranch, #3)
  • Forgotten (McKenzie Ridge, #3)
  • Assumed Identity (The Precinct: Task Force #4; The Precinct #20)
  • Pregnesia (Recovery Men, #3)
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • Yesterday's News (Yesterday’s Paranormal Mysteries, #1)
  • Chances Are (Chance at Love, #1)
  • American Quartet (Fiona Fitzgerald Mysteries, #1)
  • Dead Mann Running (Hessius Mann, #2)
  • Hap and Leonard Ride Again
  • Sweet Mountain Magic
  • One Good Man
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Cowboy
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • The Mystery of Revenge (Back Bay Investigation #0)
  • Solitude of a Birdcage (Forget Me Not #1)
  • Come See the Living Dryad
Julieann lives in Virginia, yet longs to live everywhere else. It doesn’t come as a surprise that along with her gypsy soul, comes an active imagination. That’s why she loves to write and invent worlds and people, so that she can formulate their happily ever after. Hobbies include cooking new recipes, sewing, and spending time with her cute boyfriend/husband and six fabulous children. Vacations ha ...more