Start by marking “Fractured Breaths” as Want to Read:
Fractured Breaths

Fractured Breaths

From Bestselling Author of Irresistibly Undeniable, Zoey Derrick, comes a BRAND NEW Standalone novel about getting a second chance at life and finally being able to put your past behind you.

I breathe in.
I breathe out.
I eat, sleep and breathe.
I'm surviving.
I'm a survivor.
I'll do whatever it takes to keep my life moving forward. I shouldn't want to. I should want to be
ebook
Published January 10th 2017 by Kinky Panda Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Breaths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Breaths

elizarey
Dec 29, 2016 elizarey rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-_netgalley
This was a mix of country superstar and dark suspense! It's was cool to see how the author intertwined the two!

Becca is a sassy stripper who is living her life constantly looking over her shoulder. She has many secrets in her closet and she holds them very close!!

Bryan Hayes is a country singer with lots going for him. When he meets Becca his first instinct is to protect and love her! All he wants to do is get to know and understand this beautiful mysterious girl.

There are a lot of twists and t
Pam Nelson
3.5 Fractured Breaths Stars - ARC for honest review

I am a huge fan of Becca from Irresistibly Undeniable. I always thought there was something big going on with her from that book. So when I read that she was getting her own book I was over the moon.

After reading Becca/Livia’s story I am in awe of her strength and her determination to do what needed to be done. She doesn't mop, she doesn't blame herself, and she puts the blame where it should be. I loved that she wasn't a whiner like some chara
Donna Wright
Jan 04, 2017 Donna Wright rated it really liked it
This book Is a little different from the norm that I would usually read and the contrast between the country music star and the dark side of romance writing was just up my street and I really liked it. I found it very clever how the author managed to get the story to the good and well written story that it is.

This story is one of nightmares, pain and a scarred heart but also about hope, love and above all trust.

This is my first Book by this author, so I wasn't really sure what to expect but wh
Kerry Richardson
Jan 20, 2017 Kerry Richardson rated it really liked it
This was a very good story, I loved the characters, they blended well together. The storyline was emotional and dark but gripping. Only one complaint and that was the amount of grammatical errors and mistakes.
Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog
Dec 28, 2016 Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog rated it it was amazing
FRACTURED BREATHS by Zoey Derrick

This book was reviewed for CLiK Book Blog

Zoey Derrick has surpassed her previous books with this tome.
Now I usually like to include a little about the story but as Zoey has given none of the major point away in the blurb, I'm not going to spoil it for you lovely readers.

Fractured Breaths is the story of a smart, sassy young woman, Becca Carpenter.....
well that's where the story begins but from that point on the reader is taken to some very dark places. Places t
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡

Judging from this Blurb this should really have been a great book for me but unfortunately from the first page on something did not work out for me. I am sure that a lot of people will love this book as the writing is great. But I was expecting something different - I can not even name what it was except maybe that the suspense element seemed to overtake the romance and I was sometimes wondering who the leads were.

Anyway this is really just me I think ... so if you liked other books by this auth
Kim
Jan 09, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing
Bryan Hayes Country Music Star never thought that a night out in a strip club in Arizona would lead to guns, money, police and of course LOVE !!

Sorach aka Becca aka Livia had to do what she had to just to survive but that one night in a strip club in Arizona when she gave Bryan a lap dance she never thought her life would turn around. With all of the things that had happened to her since she was sixteen she thought this was the way her life was suppose to be. Stripping and selling sex was all sh
Mary Mooney
Dec 29, 2016 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing
**A Must Read**
I couldn't wait to read this one, with the few tidbits I read before getting this book on my kindle, I knew I needed more. And believe me, it blew me away.
Becca Carpenter is always looking over her shoulder, always hiding in the shadows. Why would she attract a man that is in the spotlight? I'm not going to tell you.
I am going to tell you to read this book. If you don't read anything else, you need to read this one. It is the perfect mix of sexy and who done-it. And if you know
Brenda Travers
Jan 10, 2017 Brenda Travers rated it really liked it
Zoey Derrick was a new Author to me and now I'm hooked.

What I liked the most was the Unfolding Story of Becca and her very shady past that ensures she can never let people fully in. I'm a sucker for female Leads that are both tough but a little broken, and Fractured Breaths delivered on all accounts.

Queue the male lead Bryan who is the polar opposite is Becca who is cool, calm and oh so delicious and someone that will try and crack through that exterior of hers and get a glimpse at the real Bec
Patricia
Jan 04, 2017 Patricia rated it it was amazing
A touching and disturbing story. We meet Livia a young woman with different identities due to the twisted fate she endured. A topic that is being brought out into the open more.

Then with one fluke meeting, Bryan sets Livia's life on a new path where dreams are a possibility if she can reconcile her past and allow herself a bit of happiness.

A great cast of characters who add depth to an already intense and addictive book. This author is new to me yet after reading this book, I will be following
Heather
Jan 10, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing
5 Glorious Stars!
Zoey has absolutely GUTTED me with this book. I could not put it down. I had to find out what Becca and Bryan did and did they work out their differences? Did Becca work out her past? Confront what she has been afraid of and always looking over her shoulder, scared? Scared that she barely has any possessions..... I can't wait to see more of these two!
Melanie
Jan 05, 2017 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Zoey Derick has given us a great read with Fractured Breaths. Once I started reading this I couldn’t put it down. I was curious as to where Zoey was going to take us with Olivia. The storyline never had a lull for me and kept my attention the whole time. I love that there was some suspense along with the romance in this story. The characters are so well developed and continue to grow throughout the story. I loved watching Olivia become a whole new person.

When we first meet Olivia, (otherwise kno
BFDU
Dec 30, 2016 BFDU rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Meet Becca Carpenter.
A tormented and evil past has left her broken, shattered, scarred.
Each day is for Becca is the same.
Eat, work, sleep.
It's the only way she knows how to survive.
Alone is the best way for her to be.
She can't afford to allow anyone to get too close.
She needs to protect not only herself, but anyone she comes into contact with.
So she lives a life of solitude.

Nobody knows
Lisa Daniels
Jan 10, 2017 Lisa Daniels rated it really liked it
Zoey Derrick's Fractured Breaths was intense, gripping, smoldering hot, kind of dark, and a bit disturbing at some parts but I love that in a book. The author explained situations that are hard to believe still happen in this world today. Sex and human trafficking, prostitution, violence, the mafia, and abuse that makes your skin crawl. Although you don't hear about these things everyday, it doesn't mean they aren't happening. I praise Zoey for choosing to write about topics that many find too c ...more
Erica
Jan 06, 2017 Erica rated it really liked it
Fractured Breaths is Becca's book, if you've read the authors work you'll remember her as Ireland's best friend from Irresistibly Undeniable.
Her story is one of pain and heartbreak, distrust and horrific circumstances that made her who she is.
Bryan is a country music star. He's in the inner circle of friends via Ireland, when he meets Becca he wants to protect her, he also wants her in his bed.
Their first meeting she goes by Sorcha, a stripper who dances for him.
Their second meeting is a bit m
Kirha
Jan 09, 2017 Kirha rated it really liked it
Becca has a secret that no one, not even her best friend Ireland knows. She's tried to keep them hidden for years, but it's no longer possible. Someone she least expects causes her to re think the choices she made to protect herself. The thing about secrets though, they're kept hidden for a reason and when hers eventually come out, danger follows.

Brian is enamored by Becca the moment he sees her. Meeting in the most unconventional way, he immediately knows he has to have her. The problem is tha
Lisa Stinson
Jan 06, 2017 Lisa Stinson rated it it was amazing
I received a complementary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I went into this book not having high expectations because I didn't really care for Becca's character in Irresistibly Undeniable. But let me tell you, I loved this book. I have a new respect for Becca's character and everything she went through in her younger years. I love it when an author can change my entire opinion about a character like this. Bravo to you Ms. Derrick.

Becca (or Livia-her brith name) has lived a v
Juliana
Jan 08, 2017 Juliana rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by the Hype PR)...

This is story focuses on Becca Carpenter who was Ireland's best friend from Irresistibly Undeniable. If you read Irresistibly Undeniable, you know that Becca wasn't a likable character and in this book we finally find out why. Becca aka Livia lived through nightmare past and tried to make a better life for herself; unfortunately, her past wasn't done with her yet.

Bryan, a famous country singer, meets Livia at her job as a strip
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jan 10, 2017 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Is surviving living? That was what Becca or should I say Livia had asked her self countless times. She had endured what most would never imagine, she had survived but in her survival she had to live a life not of her own choice. A life of secrets and running from her past and her true self. Then one night ruined it all, the night she danced for him, the night Bryan Hayes walked into her club and asked for a private dance.
Bryan fell for her instantly but in order to keep her he would have to face
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jan 14, 2017 Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’ rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC Received in exchange for a honest review

This book surprised me a little. We met Becca in Irresistibly Undeniable where she was the bitchy room mate. And I'm sure a lot of us didn't like her that much. But as they say don't judge a book by its cover.

I don't want to say to much as it will give away what this book is about. But this is Becca's story and let me tell it is not an easy or good story. What she went through no person should have to endure and the fact that she is a functional person
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
4.5 Stars

I just knew that Becca had a story to tell when we met her in previous books and i was so happy to find that Zoey was going to write it and what a story it was. At first meeting in Irresistibly Undeniable I have to say that I didn’t like Becca much but it becomes apparent right from the start that she has her reasons for the way she is.

Becca has lived her life constantly looking over her shoulder, has experienced things that no woman should have to go through but has come out the other
Tina
Jan 07, 2017 Tina rated it it was amazing
Wow Zoey. Way to knock it out of the park again!! This book was incredible, but that's what I've come to expect from anything she writes. This book tackles deep seated issues that revolve around mafia, sex trafficking, prostitution, and violence. It had a different feel to it than the other books I've read by Zoey. It was nothing short of spectacular.

We met Becca in Irresistibly Undeniable, and we got a glimpse that her life was unstable. We just had no idea how bad it truly was. This poor girl
Doctor Who Fan
Feb 11, 2017 Doctor Who Fan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Great depth! Love Zoey derrick Can't wait to see what else this awesome writer has, love the variety in her characters
Konny
Jan 02, 2017 Konny rated it it was amazing
Fractured Breaths by Zoey Derrick is a contemporary (dark-ish mafia) romance novel.

Meet Becca Carpenter who had to experience unspeakable things.
Now she only wants to survive.
And Bryan Hayes the country mega star.
Meet old acquaintances and a very dedicated bodyguard.

"Great love can make a weak man strong but true love can make a strong man fall to his knees they say."

In Fractured Breaths Zoey Derrick weaves a tangled web of crime, hate, love, pain and so much more. It took me some time to sort a
Terra Drynan-Werder
Jan 21, 2017 Terra Drynan-Werder rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star book from Zoey Derrick!!! We first met Becca when reading Irresistibly Undeniable and you can just tell their is so much more to her and her story than meets the eye and boy was that the case. Becca/Livia meets Bryan during his visit to a strip club and the chemistry between them is instant and undeniable. Zoey then takes us on a wild and emotional ride as Livia's story unfolds and the danger gets closer with each step. As always characters from Zoey's prior books are included and ...more
Tami czenkus
Jan 20, 2017 Tami czenkus rated it really liked it
Fractured Breaths was my first Zoey Derrick book. It DOES make me want to read more about the characters that have stories of their own that I met in this one.
I enjoyed the story with all of the twists and turns throughout the ENTIRE book, but I did feel a little confused while reading, which I feel like if I had read the stories previous to this one aI may have not been confused.
That being said.... I really WAS intrigued from the beginning and am even more intrigued to read more From Zoey Der
Leah
Jan 10, 2017 Leah rated it it was amazing
Absolutely phenomenal read! I swear every book Zoey writes is better than the last. Fractured Breaths is about Livia/Becca who we first met in Irresistibly Undeniable. There is way more to this girl than I could have ever imagined. She survived a horrific life until she met country superstar Bryan. Its instant attraction and chemistry between them and he helps Livia understand that she is worthy of love. Livia and Bryan work together with Liam, Bryan’s bodyguard, to help uncover the truth about ...more
Sara
Jan 09, 2017 Sara rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Oh I loved this dark and twisty read!

Olivia is working as a stripper, hiding a big secret. She is constantly looking over her shoulder for an ever present danger. Bryan is a country music singer with the world at his fingertips. When these two meet there is a palpable spark of chemistry. He wants to protect her. She won’t open up and let him in.

Every single page is a journey in this twisted tale of romance, secrets, lies, danger and, ultimately, love. Great characters. Fantastic writin
Nardia Barnes
Jan 12, 2017 Nardia Barnes rated it it was amazing
Never thought I would see the day I would read about the Italian maffia and a famous country music star in one storyline, but boy did it work!

Twists and turns, heartbreak, lies, deceit, love and what most readers want a HEA. So many great characters in this book and supporting characters who I hope get their own story told in the near future. This book is what I would call a rags to riches story, but when I say riches, I mean it in the personal sense.

A well written story that kept me hooked from
Paula D
Jan 10, 2017 Paula D rated it really liked it
Becca has a past she's constantly running away from she doesn't even know the real her anymore. One day stripping she meets Bryan and a person from her past Liam. Who does Becca trust? Will Becca keep running? Will Bryan see the real her and bring her back to fight for herself? Very angst and crazy ride reading this book. So many lies. Will Becca ever have true freedom? Why won't they just leave her alone? Great romance thrill ride 4/5 stars *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Copy of this bo ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Best Selling Erotic, Paranormal and Contemporary Romance author Zoey Derrick comes from Glendale, Arizona. Zoey, was a mortgage underwriter by day and is now a romance and erotica novelist full-time. She writes stories as hot as the desert sun itself. It is this passion that drips off of her work, bringing excitement to anyone who enjoys a good and sensual love story.
Not only does she aim to take
More about Zoey Derrick...