Start by marking “Charlie Red Star: True Reports of One of North America's Biggest UFO Sightings” as Want to Read:
Charlie Red Star: True Reports of One of North America's Biggest UFO Sightings

Charlie Red Star: True Reports of One of North America's Biggest UFO Sightings

A wave of UFO sightings struck southern Manitoba in 1975, with possible connections to U.S. missile defense operations.

In 1975, Manitobans reported UFOs over their province almost nightly. The string of unprecedented sightings launched the biggest UFO craze in Canadian history. With sightings for well over a year, one object seen again and again became known as Charlie Red
Published August 12th 2017 by Dundurn

To ask other readers questions about Charlie Red Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlie Red Star

Start your review of Charlie Red Star: True Reports of One of North America's Biggest UFO Sightings
Kirsty ❤️
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

A bit of a departure from my usual mysteries and thrillers. I briefly (very briefly) met Grant Cameron when my friend was married to a guy who ran conventions into UFO and it's linked conspiracies & I used to help them out selling the tickets. So while didn't know this story I have heard about some others. One thing I noticed is it doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on the stories are fascinating.

This book is full of stories and theories and included lots of photographs of sightings.
Penmouse
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Red Star: True Reports of One of North America's Biggest UFO Sightings by Grant Cameron is a well-balanced UFO book that sticks to the facts. Cameron collects interviews from numerous Canadian eyewitnesses that observed numerous UFO or UFO-related activity during the mid-1970s. Charlie Red Star was often seen by many and the UFOs arrival was a regular occurrence seen by many residents who lived in the Carman, Manitoba, Canada area.

Cameron covers UFOs, Sasquatch, and various light phenom
Roopkumar Balachandran
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ufo
I like to thank Net galley for providing me a copy for review.

I strongly believe we are not alone in the universe. Twenty years back, evening time, my family use to lie on the terrace and watch the sky and we often see a small ball of light moving from north to south. Sometimes couple of lights trying to overtake. The lights won't blink and we told this to our friends and relatives, they did not believe us.

Coming back to the book, it is about recounting of Grant Cameron work on investigating t
Kelley
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
What makes this book pretty amazing.... the multitude of accounts, the meticulous research and documentation.... is also what make this book a kind of monotonous.
I admit I am a believer in UFO's but that's about the extent of it. I had no idea this flap occurred (and I'm pretty excited about learning new terms like "Flap" and "Ufologist"). This book documents so many stories, so many different accounts of so many sightings from so many people. At times I got a bit tired of reading the same thin
Julie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Be on the lookout for my review closer to publication date.
Kathleen McRae
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
Interesting story and good research
Kevin Fletcher
Dec 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Started great... then by midway it just became a detailed story of each witnesses experience, and they were almost identical to each other... so it just became repetitive
Christan
Jul 28, 2018
Neil
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never have I read any book like this one.
Fascinating information, documentation, historical detail that make the reality of UFOs quite evident. I am becoming a believer... quite the exposé, dating back to Cameron's experiences in Manitoba during the mid 1970's.
Lee
Dec 07, 2018

• Forgiveness
  • Land Mammals and Sea Creatures
  • In Praise of Blood: The Crimes of the Rwandan Patriotic Front
  • Cast Iron (The Enzo Files, #6)
  • Give Me Wings: How a Choir of Former Slaves Took on the World
  • My Boyfriend Is a Bear
  • M Train
  • The Trial of Lizzie Borden
  • Between Lost and Found
  • The Enchanted Hour: The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction
  • Books on Fire: The Destruction of Libraries throughout History
  • The Flying Tigers: The Untold Story of the American Pilots Who Waged a Secret War Against Japan

News & Interviews