Start by marking “Ex Games” as Want to Read:

Ex Games

What’s ice-cold but hotter than hell? Rebounding with your ex’s older brother, of course.

Published November 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ex Games, please sign up.
Stella Rhys Ex Games went live on November 18th :)

Kelly Wants All The Alphas
WELCOME TO BANTER CITY, CAPITAL OF SEXTOWN, U.S.A.

First of all, I SO NEEDED THIS.

Ex Games, you are the SAVIOR of the fake relationship trope. OMG. I'm so bad at writing coherent reviews when I've just finished something I LOVE, but I have to do this before I don't so let me just be non-traditional here and list the 3 best things about this fucking glorious book.

1. MASON LEO/PANTY-MELTING BANTER

On a scale of 1-10 this banter was somewhere around an 18. I mean it's been established that I love Ste
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Taylor Simms got the surprise of her life when her fiancée, Aaron, left her out of nowhere without so much as a note to explain why. Left with all of their joint bills to pay by herself, she was forced to get a second job to stay afloat. One day, Mason Leo, Aaron’s older brother, shows up at her apartment unannounced, and delivers some even more startling news.

Aaron is getting married to Mason’s ex-girlfriend, Eva, and soon. Mason believes Eva is marrying Aaron to get back at him, and he doesn’t
Chantal ❤️
3.25 ASSHOLE EX-STARS

ARC IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW

Before I begin my review I will simply state that this is not a book that I would have chosen for myself, as it is about a heroine that has had a physical relationship with two brothers. Also, the second chance at love story is really not my thing. That being said I DON'T REGRET READING IT.

The story start with the heroine Taylor finding an unexpected DEAR JANE/JOHN LETTER from her longtime fiancé. She is devastated as they have been in a
Bibi
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do you do when your Fiancé ups and leaves then gets engaged to his brother's ex-GF?

You pretend to hook up with the hotter, sexier brother, of course.

This is what happened to Taylor and Mason, and their story kept me hooked from start to finish.

Highly recommend!
Liz
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
“We face probably a hundred forks in the road over the course of our lives and I guarantee you no one has ever lived to make the right decision every time. But you can’t get the past back and you can’t spend your life wishing you could. You just have to trust that if you’re not in the right place right now, the steps you take from this point forward will get you there.”
description

Ex Games is a stand-alone contemporary romance with a twisted plot, colorful characters, witty dialogue, and plenty of red-hot
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

LOOKING FORWARD TO READING!

Stand-alone
99¢ SALE (limited time): | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:

A perfect storm led me to this place. Ghosted by my fiancé, I was suddenly broke, heartbroken and facing eviction. Enter Mason Leo, the six feet and two inches of pure muscle and arrogance I’ve hated with a passion since the day we met. The man is cocky, womanizing and ruinously gorgeous.

Worse than that, he’s my ex’s
Sabrina
I somehow forgot to add this book to my read shelf and review it. So I'll be keeping this short since my memory is really sucky when it comes to specific reasons I liked a book.

I do know, though, that I had a really fun experience reading about these characters. Mason and Taylor had a love-hate thing going on that had sparks flying off the pages. I loved that we got to see them getting to know more about one another and discovering that they're actually pretty good as a couple. The story was ve
warhawke
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Enemy to lovers fangirls
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Taylor Simms' life was going down the drain. After being dumped by her fiance Aaron, she was left with a mountain of debts and the news of his impending nuptial to someone else. Struggling to make ends meet, she was presented with a solution that's not exactly ideal, but the best she could get for her situation.

Mason Leo was the deliciously infuriating brother of her ex. With their exes set to marry each other, he devi
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Gotta say, I loved this book. I loved the concept, the characters, the writing, the development, etc. Stella Rhys has found a new fan in me!

Taylor was dumped by her fiance. He left her for his brother's ex-girlfriend. What were these jilted lovers to do? Why not fake a relationship in the hopes of breaking up the new "happy" couple. Too bad no one factored in actual feelings into the plan.

Taylor was a likable character, albeit a tad bit annoying at times. However, Mason was the true star of this
Jen
4.5 Unexpected Stars

Well color me surprised!

When I first started Ex Games I thought I knew what I was getting into. I expected Taylor to follow the typical scorned woman out for revenge route and for Mason to fall into the manho douchecanoe category for most of the book.

What I actually encountered was a whole different type of story. Both Mason and Taylor were given depth I wasn't expecting and the sweetness between the two threw me for a loop in the best possible way.

And the sexual tension?

Holy
Stacey is Sassy
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
description

Best to Judge a person by what YOU know, not by others opinions.

***3.5 stars***

Hmmm…I’m trying to write this review but I seem to be having a wee bit of difficulty. I liked it but it drove me bonkers too.

We’re back to the reasons why I struggle with New Adult Romance. This chick is 26 years old and I wanted to slap her and tell her to grow the heck up. Now, him, I liked him but again I wanted to tell him to start acting his age and not his shoe size. See, old age has ruined me for drunken shena
Alex ♈
Well, it was just pathetic…
It’s a pity because the writing was not bad.
The heroine has almost succeeded to lead my list of the most pathetic female characters of the year.

She was all talk but no action. She was weak as she came with her ex together, she was feeble as she took him back after their “break-up”, she was pitiful as she stayed with him for years and and and… She was even more pathetic as she agreed to the “arrangement” with the H/her ex’s brother. I even couldn’t be really angry with
❤️ Paulette
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
by Stella Rhys

Wow.
This book was just WOW....

Ex-Games was my first book by Stella Rhys, but it won’t be my last!

Taylor Simms: has it all, or so she thought… Taylor had a rough up bring. So she thought that she was living the high life.. Perfect job, Manhattan address & hot & caring fiancée... until she wakes up to a short hand written note. Aaron has left her, Dear John letter of sorts. The Letter really doesn’t give her insight to why Aaron left, just Goodbye & sorry..

Taylo
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

It was a decent book. It reminds me of popcorn. It's enjoyable but not very filling. It's a good fluff book - you know, a book to read in between really good books.
Dilek VT
This is a sweet love story, recommended for a nice past time.

***Danger/Caution!
The hero of this book, Mason, is dangerously swoon-worthy, causing resentment to the heroine for having him!

The plot:
Taylor is left by her fiancé shortly before their wedding and after a few months, she gets the most shocking news about him from his brother, whom she always hated.

His brother Mason comes to tell her the news and he makes her an offer.

The news is that his ex and her ex are getting married and Mason of
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cute-sassy, fluffy, fun
4 Stars
 photo IMG_1999_zps7pwzishx.jpg

What a fun surprise!! Ex Games was a sassy, angsty, witty standalone romance!! It is a twisty enemies to lovers story. I found the whole story entertaining and fun.

Taylor has been dumped by Aaron, her fiancé, and is now marrying his brother's ex girlfriend. In order to get back at both of them, Taylor and Mason (her fiancé' brother) are going to attend the wedding as a "pretend" couple. Their escapades of attempting to pretend becomes complicated. Mason is handsome and a ladies man and g
Jeannine Allison
I really enjoyed this one! It wasn't a super-memorable, mind-blowing read, but it was a sweet, cute, and easy read. This book reminded me of a much tamer cross between Black Swan Affair and The Hating Game. It had the obvious ex-drama like BSA (except the OM isn't as present), but there was the "hating" element that made for some great banter like THG. It was also pretty easy to pinpoint what worked for me and what didn't. The romance between Mason and Taylor was awesome; I loved watching them f ...more
Jamie
4.5 Stars Stars !

With chemistry galore in the middle of a enemies to lovers story, this super cute story hit the spot!

Imagine you've been with the same guy for years..your engaged.. you even live together.... then one morning you wake up and he's gone. No explanation...... just a short note saying mostly bye, forgive me, its over. That's it.. completely out of the blue!!

Yep.. Taylor was a mess after Aaron left her with an apartment she couldn't afford on her own and an engagement ring no lo
Hanne
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taylor’s fiancé recently broke up with her and she can’t understand why. Not much later, Mason tells Taylor that her ex is getting married with his ex. She can’t believe what she’s hearing. Mason is her ex’s big brother and he wants to stop that marriage. He hopes Taylor wants to help, but she doesn’t want to see either of them at the moment. She eventually agrees with Mason. Mason and Taylor have a fake relationship to make her ex jealous. Mason and Taylor grow closer each time they are togethe ...more
Bindi Boo
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was a good read, although the book finishes at around 65% with a peek into another book by the author.

Told from the heroine's POV, the blurb says it all; heroine gets dumped and hooks up with ex-fiancee's brother as part of a plan which you will read about. Throughout the 'plan', Mason and Taylor have the best relationship and realise they have to give themselves a chance as a couple.

I enjoyed the banter and sex scenes were sizzling hot! Overall, both the hero and heroine were a
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
This book was cute. Yes, cute. Strange really, considering the fact that Taylor makes a deal with her ex's brother Mason to be a pretend couple at the ex's wedding to Mason's ex. Yes, the ex's are getting married to each other. A big clusterfuck. Like, how can that be cute? To answer your question: Mason and Taylor together = CUTE! I fucking love Mason. He's amazing, hot, sexy, charming, perfect, funny... I can go on and on. Taylor was cute, I liked her, though I didn't love her. But Mason made ...more
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I liked this more than I thought I would tbh. It wasn't anything super deep and meaningful, but I didn't necessarily expect it to be. It was hot! It was pretty low angst (though the h ticked me off at the end), so it would be a good book for after a dark or intense read. I didn't love it, and I didn't hate it -- it was ok.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Taylor and Mason's story. Taylor was just left by her fiancé without a reason why when his brother, Mason, sh
Kookie's
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

The blurb got me thinking taboo and awkward at first. What the heck, the better for a rebound or revenge though, right? I thought that was all there was to the plot but the more I read into it, the more a-ha moments came out of Nowhereville. The more I understood why Taylor and Mason decided to "get together" in the first place, the more I got rid of the taboo feels.

Okay, so it wasn't really so much of awkwardness in going through this
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 - I want Mason- Stars

So I went into this basically blind and on a whim and I'm glad I did. Maybe I'm just off on my game but a few things happened that I didn't see coming. Sure there was some over the top mean girls type drama and of course most everyone in the book is rich but whatevs it was like my guilty pleasure, I wasted my whole Sunday reading it.

***Sidenote: I did hate calling her clit a "pearl" but that's minor haha!

Anyways you have Taylor- our heroine who is heartbroken and alone

JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 -enjoyable- Stars

That was very enjoyable. I loved the beginning and the middle more than I loved the last 3rd of this story, but still, everything was reasonably enjoyable nonetheless.

I definitely liked the H more than I liked the h, but together; they were enjoyable too. I especially enjoyed the sexy times in this book. Yes, those sexy times were most enjoyable *Jewels checking for wet spots*

I couldn't rate this book any higher as it wasn't amazing enough to rate as a 5 star, and the way t
Kim
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well color me surprised. I really liked this one, and so much more than I expected to. When I read the synopsis I wasn't really convinced but I'm excited to read more books by this author. This was a really steamy and fun book!

DW
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wowza... That was good. Mason Leo is everything!!

No time to review but I LOVED it!! ❤🔥❤🔥❤
Aliana Milano
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, well....

There you have it people! Another 5 star read for me by this wonderful author!

Fans of Alessandra Torre, Lauren Blakely, Jana Aston? I found your next #OneClick. You're welcome.

description

I have a rather unhealthy obsession with this author and her work. I've read Dare Me, Wrong and Ex Games now by her and each I can vouch for. They were all 5 star reads for me.

The author knows how to incorporate so many different elements into her books to make them such incredible books but you don't e
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I first read this blurb, I knew I NEEDED to read this book. It sounded sexy and forbidden and angsty and oh-so-addicting. Boy was I correct! I could NOT put it down. I loved Mason and Taylor. They had brilliant chemistry and their banter was out of this world amazing!

Based on the blurb, the premise of the story seemed straightforward: Mason and Taylor would both pretend to date as her ex (who is also Mason’s brother) married his ex. They would attend the destination wedding together in the
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

I am sad that I don't have time to write a proper review for this, but I just wanted to say a few lines. Stella Rhys is a new author to me and one that I will definitely be looking out for in the future. I loved the writing style and the pacing of the story, this was a great love/hate romance, which is one of my favourite tropes, and I was not disappointed.

Would recommend to my fellow douche bag lovers ;)

Ex Games is a stand-alone contemporary romance, told from dual POV.

facebook twitter [im
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • Marry Your Billionaire
  • Homecoming (Boys of Fall, #3)
  • Player
  • The Harder They Fall (Loveswept)
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • The Hookup (The Jordan Brothers, #1)
  • Return of the Bad Girl (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #4)
  • Undone, Volume 2 (Undone, #2)
  • Bait: Alpha Billionaire Romance Part 1
  • Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
Stella Rhys is an author of contemporary romance and can't help but write it hot, steamy and borderline filthy (just kidding, it's flat-out filthy). Writing aside, she lives for coffee, the Yankees and cooking recipes way out of her league. She was born and raised in New York and now lives there with her husband and charmingly entitled fur baby.
“Mason.”
“God, I love how much irritation you fit into just the syllables of my name.”
4 likes
“MASON: Send me a picture.
ME: Of me in it?
MASON: No of the sky. What else would I be asking for?
ME: I can’t now but later.
MASON: Why
MASON: Tell me it’s because you tried it on naked.
MASON: In case it’s not clear I’m sexting you now
MASON: For the love for God let me see you Taylor.”
4 likes