Start by marking “The Lighthouse Keeper” as Want to Read:
The Lighthouse Keeper

The Lighthouse Keeper

Dawn Conners’s parents are famous for finding historic treasures, but she has a knack for losing things—her job, her boyfriend, and now, her reputation. Thanks to a mud-slinging exposé, Dawn’s late great-grandfather is assumed guilty of stealing silver from a century-old shipwreck. Hoping to clear his name, Dawn returns to Starlight Cove, her idyllic hometown on Lake Michi ...more
Published April 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Lighthouse Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lighthouse Keeper

Terri Lynn
I am not one who likes chick lit or straight up romance but this is romantic suspense and I have always loved romantic suspense especially when the mystery is more prevalent than the romance and there isn't a lot of explicit sex and this book is just right and a real treat to read. It even has humor that is actually funny and not forced.

Dawn is a young woman whose childhood as the daughter of treasure hunters who constantly moved, making it impossible to make friends or have any stability has l
Cynthia Ellingsen
Feb 25, 2017 Cynthia Ellingsen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a little biased. :)
Amy Mills
Feb 15, 2017 Amy Mills rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to get an Advance Reader's Copy of this book and omg it was fantastic. Family drama, a very fun mystery, and romance all rolled into one. This was a great escape and I enjoyed every minute of it! On the recommend list for sure.
Marie
Mar 19, 2017 Marie rated it it was amazing
I haven't read anything by Cynthia Ellingsen before but I was intrigued by the title and description of this book. I have a real affinity for all things concerning the sea, so the lure of a story set around a lighthouse and a seafaring community was very appealing.

Dawn manages to lose her job and her boyfriend in rather quick succession. It did feel slightly unbelievable when she lost her job but that was the only minor point in the whole book where I lost a little belief in the plot. I realised
Ann Frohoff
May 19, 2017 Ann Frohoff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense. Mystery. Romance. Three of my favorite things. The Lighthouse Keeper is perfectly paced with just enough intrigue, danger & sexual tension to keep you turning the pages late into the night. A well-written journey of self discovery and familial redemption. The big screen is calling for this one!
Frankie Wolf
Apr 06, 2017 Frankie Wolf rated it it was amazing
Read my thoughts on this book and listen to my interview with Cynthia Ellingsen at
JoAnn
Apr 02, 2017 JoAnn rated it it was amazing
The Lighthouse Keeper is an extremely well written romance with a touch of mystery. I love the plot, the setting and the well developed characters. My first book by this author but look forward to reading many more. Thanks to Netgalley for my ARC. This is my unbiased review
Mar 29, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
THE LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER is a fun read with a cast of characters and a lakeside community that make you want to visit--or stay permanently. Add to that a lost treasure, a century-old mystery, the restoration of a historic lighthouse, run-ins with some unsavory characters (modern-day pirates!), and a romance with a local nautical researcher. Oh, and not to forget the photo-worthy trips to Henderson Hardware (read the novel to learn why!).
Teresa Whitehead
Mar 19, 2017 Teresa Whitehead rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Cynthia Ellingsen and it will not be my last. I love her writing style. Ms. Ellingsen makes you feel like you there in the story as it unfolds. I love lighthouses (I have many pictures) so the cover and the title was the first thing that appealed to me, along with the blurb. Dawn comes home after losing her job and her boyfriend after a television show that slandered her family name. On a whim, she bought the lighthouse that was up for auction. There was som ...more
Andi Miller
Mar 09, 2017 Andi Miller rated it really liked it
I received this book free using Netgalley website. I would like to thank the author Cynthia Ellingsen and Lake Union Publishing.
I found this book easy to read and completed it relatively quickly as I was enjoying the descriptive language that the author was using. I could easily picture the lighthouse and the town it was set in.
I liked the main character, Dawn, even with her OCD's which made me smile frequently. I liked the story and at no time did I find it tedious and was keen to finish the
Michelle
May 23, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dawn is from a family of treasure hunters. She resented her abnormal, unsettled childhood, but she was always loved.
She also grew up enamored by her great-grandparents' love story. The letters her great-grandfather Fitzie wrote while at sea inspired Dawn to believe in true love.

But mystery and controversy have always surrounded Fitzie. He disappeared after his last treasure hunt at sea and some people thought he stole the money.
When the whole story is brought into the limelight yet again, Dawn's
Carrie Williams
Apr 22, 2017 Carrie Williams rated it really liked it
When Dawn Connors buys an old lighthouse in her hometown of Starlight Cove she doesn't expect to be embroiled in a years old mystery. While looking for sunken treasure, she comes to realize that she might have more in common with her treasure hunting parents then she might think. During the remodel of the lighthouse she makes new friends and finds that small town life might just be what she's been looking for.
I fell in love with all the characters in this book and I really enjoyed the mystery. T
Bubble Bath Books
May 18, 2017 Bubble Bath Books rated it it was amazing
what made The Lighthouse Keeper stand out and keep me engaged was the unraveling of the mystery behind the long ago shipwreck and Dawn’s efforts to clear her great grandfather’s name. Dawn buys a lighthouse on Lake Michigan, and ends up a pariah to local town muckity mucks in Starlight Cove, including possible love interest Kip Whittaker. I wanted to smack him upside the head for his waffling. See our full review at http://wp.me/p5s62b-Ta
Emarr99aol.com
Apr 23, 2017 Emarr99aol.com rated it it was amazing
This book was delicious! I love her writing style, and the entire cast of characters was well thought out and likable (even the unlikable ones), including warming changes of heart. And a bonafide mystery with a hidden treasure that kept me guessing, and added a depth other "chick books" lack. Loved the ending and loved this book. I wasn't sure I could love it as much as her first book The Whole Package (read it!), but I did :)
Debbie
Apr 28, 2017 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book, the web of mystery that was woven around the main characters family was very well set out. I also enjoyed the history that was woven around the purchase of the lighthouse and how small town bigotry and hatred can be resolved by someone doing something good.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a romance and mystery.
Lydia Carlson
Apr 24, 2017 Lydia Carlson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Just the right blend of history, romance and mystery! I enjoyed the characters and the compelling read. Always enjoy a nautical setting and reference to Massachusetts!
Rachael
Apr 22, 2017 Rachael rated it it was amazing
I think I have found a new author to love! I enjoyed the characters, the story, and the mystery surrounding Dawn's great-grandfather. This was a quick read for me (I finished it in less than two days) and I was left wishing the book could continue on. I look forward to reading more of Cynthia Ellingsen's books in the near future and hope they are just as cozy as The Lighthouse Keeper.
Theresa H.
May 14, 2017 Theresa H. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing story that kept me spell-bound the entire time I read it on my Kindle. I hated to put it down..and wanted it to keep on going. Cynthia Ellingsen is a wonderful writer and I hope that she comes out with a sequel. This was a wonderful gift to win from GOODREADS. Thank you so much for awarding it to me.
Looking forward to her next book.
Eileen
Apr 26, 2017 Eileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

At first I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book but sure was glad I did. Loved the characters, very Real like
Marilyn
Apr 11, 2017 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This story is interesting about finding treasure that had been lost for decades.
True love is an added plus here also. Great read.
V
Apr 29, 2017 V rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!

Loved every minute of reading The Lighthouse Keeper. A pirate story with a modern twist. This mystery, mingled with romance, will keep you reading to the end.
Kylie Walton
Apr 22, 2017 Kylie Walton rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It is very well written and tells a wonderful story.
Patricia Bello
Mar 27, 2017 Patricia Bello rated it really liked it
This is my first book from the author and I was pleasantly surprised! I got hooked into the story right away. At first I thought it must be one of those light, find your true love after a breakup in a small town kind of story, but I like the little mystery that the author threw in. Sort of an adult version of Nancy Drew.

Dawn buys a lighthouse in the little town where her treasure hunting parents have made as home base after losing her job and her boyfriend to, er well, circumstances related to h
Sheila Reynolds
Apr 10, 2017 Sheila Reynolds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Very good book. Couldn't quit reading. Author makes you feel as if you are there and are a part of the story. I would love to read more books like this.
Melanie
May 13, 2017 Melanie rated it really liked it
I received this book through the goodreads giveaways program.
Kind of a cute mystery. Dawn's parents are treasure hunters who wind up with the possibility of losing their home over missing treasure thought to be stolen by her grandfather. Dawn loses her job and her boyfriend. She buys the old light house in her parents' town and decides to go home to try to help them. People in town aren't happy about her purchase, and some are trying to keep them from finding out the truth about the treasure, w
Bonnie Sharpe
May 04, 2017 Bonnie Sharpe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so delighted to win this book! It is a great read, especially for those who are fascinated, as I am, with lighthouses. I have climbed and explored many but this inside view and the painstaking work to restore it were fascinating. Add a bit of personal drama and small town characters and Voila! a wonderful entertainment.
Reba Love
It's so keeper

This I'd a treasure hunt, a romance and a general good time. My two objections are that parts are really contrived and it drags the story out too long
Kathy
May 03, 2017 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery with a bit of romance. Strong characters and interesting facts about treasure hunting.
Beverly Fauth
May 11, 2017 Beverly Fauth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting

I love lighthouses and I really enjoyed this book. I never read this author before. I enjoyed her work. I look forward to reading her again.
SuperWendy
Apr 30, 2017 SuperWendy rated it really liked it
A mix of women's fiction, romance and a light mystery. If you gobble up the cozy mysteries enjoying so much popularity on the Hallmark Movie Channel, this is the book for you. The author does a fine job with the world-building and creating a small town in northern Michigan. The mystery kept me firmly engaged, and I liked the puzzles sprinkled throughout that the characters had to solve. An enjoyable read.