Start by marking “Ardor” as Want to Read:
Ardor

Ardor

(Ardor #1)

Gregory Thomas has always had an easy life. When it came to his profession, he excelled, gaining himself the position of manager to one of the nation’s biggest wholesale retailers. He was amazing at everything; except when it came to love. The night he found his ex-wife in bed with her gay best friend was the night he decided it wasn’t worth it. He was better off just focu ...more
Published 2016 (first published July 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ardor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ardor

K.I. Lynn
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC copy received by the author.

Hottness level – 5+/5

Ok, I’m a perv. If you’ve read my works, and haven’t figured that out yet, just wanted to let you know. Now…this was full of pervy clit-twitching goodness!!

attractive men

Greg Thomas got burned, and he got burned good. The reality of his wife’s true nature has left his heart so scarred, he’s unable to open up to another woman.

Image detail for -Beautiful Latina wearing big diamond necklace

Enter Jasmine, a sultry and sassy woman with a good heart.

From the moment they first meet there is a connection, but Greg is unable, o
Michelle
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Holy-hotness! I think this short little erotic story caused me to grow a cock and get a fucking boner!

Ardor is a short erotic story that is told from the guys POV that is scorching hot.

Gregory is the manager at his store, he has not quite overcome the impact that his wives cheating had on him and even two years later he is struggling to admit the emotions that are bubbling beneath the surface for the fiery little cashier, Jasmine.

Jasmine and Gregory have
DKristin
How I feel after reading this...

photo doggiebarkingmad.gif

photo arigoldenraged.gif

CMON SON photo c-mon-son-o.gif

So...hmm... Firstly, Greg is in charge obviously and all kinds of sexual harassment, no fraternizing types of things popped into my head at first. Especially when he was treating her like his favorite fire hydrant and basically pissing on her at every turn. Jasmine felt like a caricature of a young sexy "exotic" woman. The way he spoke about her and the way she reacted to things was just sad.

This dude had a serious unresolved anger issue. Every other minute h
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
***3 OH MY SMUTULOUS STARS ****

Good GAWD, what the freak nasty was that?.. WOw! Gregory's character acted like a little bitch in the beginning but when he found his balls BOY did he use them. Jasmine, well I liked her for the most part.

Ummm.. I kind of speechless. I don't think I can ever look at Costco/BJ's the same way again...

***THAT WAS C-A-L-I-E-N-T-E!**
~ Cariad ~
I really, really wanted this to be a 5 :(

Well, they say that no two persons ever read the same book! I don't think that the saying has ever hit home harder for me.

The stars had aligned perfectly, my favourite author had given it a five, lots of others have too. The author had very kindly gifted me an ARC and I had a night off to enjoy it.

All I can think is that none of the pervy kinks in it were ones I share. It just wasn't my cup of tea. And I do feel shitty saying that as I was so excited to
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars (I at least finished it and didn't DNF)

Just say no. I wish I had. Told from Gregory's POV and it was all over the place. He was messed up from his ex-wife. Plus there's a marathon sex fest at the store they both work at. This store is like a cross between Walmart and Sears. Their sex fest starts at the front of the store and the cash register conveyor and goes all over the store in the five hours before the rest of the staff comes in. I think I speed read most of it.
Diana's
Not what I was expecting AT ALL.. I thought I was going to devour everyword and I was going to get all hot and bothered especially with all those 5 star ratings and one of my New Fav authors boasting about the smexy scenes...Liked the whole concept of what the blurb described but fell way short for my taste.. I really , really wanted it to be a 5 read
=0(
Amanda
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It's well written and the author brings you inside Greg's head so you feel everything he's feeling. The sex was HOT need I say more?! My only complaint is I wish it was longer!!!
Karrie
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how we get a males point of view on being heartbroken and then getting to where he needs to be, to be able to start a relationship with his on true soul mate. I do believe that Jasmine is Gregory's one true soul mate and that she is perfect for him.
Jennifer Garcia
What a great short story! For more go to my blog Italian Brat's Obsessions on July 26th for the full review.
Dawn
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
First off Thanks Elena for allowing me the privilege of reading this before it's available. Secondly to everyone that's reading this review stop now go put your copy on pre-order. Now that, that's done on with my review...... From the start the sexual tension is there between Gregory and Jasmine ( btw not only are the names different from the norm, but fit these characters well). We learn from the get go something relationship wise happened with Gregory. Is it an ex?, Did he lose his true love?, ...more
Bee's (Bridgette) Bookshelves
This is one you'll definitely want to check out if you love a strong, possessive man who takes charge and takes you to places you've only fantasized about!

Greg radiates power and a commanding aura so strong you can almost feel it through the pages and Jasmine is just yearning for him to take control and bend her to his liking.

Be prepared to spend a few hours alone with this one ... and maybe an extra one or two after you read it ... because once you start it, you will not want to walk away from
Pam Smith
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait. I'm chomping at da bit to get this.
Katie(babs)
Jul 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Because no matter how you spin it, it's still P2P fan fiction like Fifty Shades.

Shannon Williams
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am still trying to cool myself down from this book. This is a short book but full of erotica, sexiness, titillating, arousing, seductive, I could go on and on. This book is extremely sexy. Ok I need to calm down because just thinking about the things in this book….Ok. I am good.
Gregory Thomas was a hot headed, tormented, sexy man. I can understand a lot of where Greg was coming from though. I mean come on if you found your significant other in bed with your supposed gay friend you would be a l
Promiscuous Book Blog
Omg...now let me tell you I will never EVER go to the grocery store and look at that conveyor belt you put to groceries on the same again! Whew..wowzaa!

Now that's out the way let me begin... Gregory has been dealt a shit hand when it comes to a committed relationship and now he really doesn't trust any female enough to let the in and get close to his heart. That's until Jasmine walks right into his store and into his life. He can't stop thinking about her, but every time she gets close he runs t
FS Meurinne
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, arc
As this being her first book. Elena dis an amazing job. Greg is a great character, a man that struggles to trust everyone after he discovered his wife with his best gay friend. His issues not only got him to become a reserved guy but also to finding himself in a path where he needs to find himself back in order to get to open his heart to a woman that has certainly traspassed the walls he had built around his heart.

This story also has steaming hot scenes, with plenty sexual tension that will ke
CDBW
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-arc
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

Holy friggin' steamy hotness, Ms. Reyes! I'm calling early bedtime (it's only 8 pm) and dragging my hubs off to bed after reading this. Now I've got a craving for Bavarian creme. Want a quick, dirty read that's sure to get the naughtiness flowing, this is the book for you!
Nikki
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nikki-reviewed
3.5 Stars

Link to Nikki's Review

Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog

I read Ardor">Ardor by Elena M. Reyes at the request of the author. The blurb sounded great, and it seemed like a sexy break between books, just as I was looking for a novella. Ardor is about 100 pages, told from the male POV.

Greg is the manager of a BJs (hehe). He has been screwed over royally by his ex-wife, the she-bitch from hell, and he doesn't trust himself or any other women. She ruined him. He has, however, had the hots for
Mel
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes yummy strong complicated men and hot kinky sex.
This book was a great read! It had great characters and it really gives you so many different feelings. I wanted to hug Greg, punch Greg, do naughty things with Greg, comfort Jasmine, envy Jasmine… I just went through many different emotions.

The main character Greg is complicated and yet so simple in his love for Jasmine. He tries to fight, but how can you fight your own heart? Jasmine is sexy and strong. You can’t help but want her to kick Greg and then kiss it better.

When it comes to their in
sue
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy looking guy on the front cover huh! And let me tell you, he was sexy all the way through too!!!

I found this book very interesting in that for me, at the beginning I got into the storyline very well, having lost his wife to another lover of course he was hurt and afraid of becoming hurt again. I got it!

As the storyline unfolded though and he found he had feelings for this lady friend where he was the Manager and she of course had to call him "Sir" it was apparent to me it would lead into a l
R.E. Hargrave
When Elena asked me to begin her Ardor journey with her by doing her first phase edits, I jumped at the chance to be by her side while her first publishing project saw the light of day. After weeks of hard work and expansion with me, she didn't stop working there. Ardor went into its second phase of editing, and I anxiously awaited to see the final product. Elena M. Reyes has outdone herself with her debut release.
Gregory has been burned--bad. Choosing to wall up his heart rather than risk gett
Amy
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Amy by: Elena Reyes
I had the privilege of reading an ARC copy of Ardor, Elena M. Reyes first novella to come out and I couldn't put it down.

Greg has been burned by his ex-wife to the point that he totally gives up on letting another woman into his life. He vows that he will not be hurt like that again. That is until he hires Jasmine and then all bets are off. He begins to have these feelings for her and he doesn't know how to act on them at first. As the story unfolds, Jasmine gives up hope of ever being with him
Sapphire Kande
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ardor will leaving you begging for mercy...

HOT

This book...Wow...I have to gather my thoughts because this book just messed with my brain. Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out....Forcing my heart to calm down.....Okay, the first words that come to my mind:

Hot and Steamy. Sweet and Romantic.

I was so excited to read Ardor from the moment I saw it. One look at that cover and then the promising synopsis, I was hooked. So when the author sent me an ARC, I immediately dropped the other books I
L.J. Harris
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the honor of reading an ARC of Elena M. Reyes' first novella, Ardor over the weekend and couldn't put it down.

Gregory has been burned in the past, in probably the worst way possible by another woman. He can't bring himself to trust bringing anyone else into his life, until Jasmine his newest employee arrives on the scene.

She immediately ties Greg in knots, and though he insists on keeping Jasmine at arms' length, you sense he won't be able to resist for long. Not one to give into Gregory
The Hive
Lexi's review:

In "Ardor" by Elena M Reyes we are presented the story of Gregory Thomas and Jasmine Velez.
Everything changed for Mr. Thomas when Jasmine entered his life as his new cashier at the store he managed.

His anterior experience with women left him no choice but to guard his heart from any other woman, that is until he met Jasmine. And this is when the excitement between the two of them begins.

The premise of the story and the main idea of it are great. I love the way Gregory's thought
Rody
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was honored to read the ARC copy of Ardor by Elena M. Reyes.

In the first half of the book, Gregory is a volatile man, ruled by his strong feelings for his gorgeous new cashier. After suffering from a broken heart because of his ex-wife, it's hard for him to believe in love again.

Once he realizes that he can't control his growing sentiments for Jasmine, he admits them aloud to her and himself. That turns into a marathon of getting to know each other's bodies and what buttons they like to be pus
Heather
I enjoyed reading this new author. We learn why Greg Thomas is scared to open his heart again but the longer he is in the presence of Jasmine Valez, he finds himself fighting his determination to keep his heart closed. This is well written, although it would've been interesting to see a little more of the interaction between the 2 main characters that led up to their current situation. The sexual tension that has been brewing for 2 years is definitely satisfied in a very interesting and pleasant ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
This short, hot, sexy, steamy read will leave you wanting more. I was glad to have read this short erotic story and Damn when I say this book is HOT! The characters were great, described in vivid detail. I almost felt embarrassed like the whole thing was playing out before my very eyes! Elena M. Reyes' writing is so fantastic, you can picture even the minutest detail described as if you were there! Amazing!

This is an EROTICA story, with strong strong language and so much sex, it would make the b
« previous 1 3 next »
Ardor is LIVE!!! 1 7 Jul 22, 2013 12:26AM

• All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Cure For Pain
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • A Four Letter Word
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • Angel of Redemption
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • The Art of Appreciation
  • A Debt Repaid (Retaliations, #1)
  • To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy, #1)
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Knock Love Out (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • A Brand New Ending
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Magic at Macy's
Elena M. Reyes is the epitome of a Floridian and if she could live in her beloved flip-flops, she would.

As a small child, she was always intrigued by all forms of art: whether it was dancing to island rhythms, or painting with any medium she could get her hands on. Her passion for reading over the years has amassed her with hours of pleasure, but it wasn't until she stumbled upon fanfiction that