Start by marking “Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)” as Want to Read:
Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)

Boots and Bedlam

(Sweeney Sisters #3)

‘Tis the season for chaos.

Wedding bells will soon be ringing in the Lowcountry. All Sam Sweeney wants is to marry her man on Christmas Eve surrounded by family and friends. But emerging complications, some humorous and some not so humorous, threaten to converge and derail the best-laid plans during the busy stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Amidst the chaos—deali
Published October 18th 2016 by Leisure Time Books

To ask other readers questions about Boots and Bedlam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boots and Bedlam

Start your review of Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3)
☕️Kimberly
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boots and Bedlam by Ashley Farley the third novel in her Sweeney Sister's series set in Lowcountry will get you in the holiday mood. Wedding bells, real estate, busy season and teen drama quickly pulled us back into the lives of the Sweeney sisters and the small town community we have come to love.

Boots and Bedlam delivered a realistic tale, with everyday chaos and excitement of a holiday wedding. It's the perfect read to get you in the mood for the holidays as you catch up with the girls.

Farley
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I was really hoping for a book to get me both out of reading funk and into the holiday spirit, but sadly this was not the book for the job. Maybe I’m just not the demographic for it (I requested a review copy thinking it was about a woman in her 20s, and while Sam’s age is never given exactly I’m guessing she’s mid-40s), age-wise or lifestyle wise. I’m only rating it this high because, despite my multiple eye-roll moments, the writing style was actually decen
Kathleen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boots and Bedlam (Sweeney Sisters #3) by Ashley Farley was a fun quick read. I enjoyed reading about Samantha, Faith and Jackie Sweeney and their extended families as they celebrated Thanksgiving and made plans for Christmas and Samantha and Eli's Christmas Eve wedding ceremony, as well as running a successful and popular fish market during the busiest time of year, and dealing with the bedlam of house parties, selling and buying houses, and having an unexpected rude and troublesome houseguest. ...more
Angi
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Samantha and Eli have planned a Christmas Eve wedding, only four weeks away. With this being the busy time of year at her store, her son bringing his girlfriend home from college, and a snowstorm can they pull it off? Ashley Farley did a wonderful job of creating a storyline that drew me in and had me holding my breath at times. Although I have not read the first two books in this series, I was able to follow along with no proble
Susan Peterson
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boots and Bedlam continues the story of the Sweeney sisters, Sam, Jackie, and Faith. This novella focuses mainly on Sam, who finally says yes to Eli's marriage proposal. When she decides she wants to get married on Christmas Eve, just a month later, she can't foresee all the chaos that will ensue! Told with so much warmth and charm, Boots and Bedlam is a wonderful Christmastime love story. This is book 3 in the series of books about the Sweeney Sisters, following Her Sister's Shoes and Lowcountr ...more
Agnes (BookBubbe)
Wow Farley and the Sweeney sisters did it again. Didnt get up off the couch until I finished this book. Loved the way Farley brings you into the lives of the Sweeney clan. You feel like you are part of the family. You share the good times and the bad.

Sam Sweeney is finally marrying her man but things start to get hectic when they plan the wedding for Christmas eve - between the planning, moving to a new home, and running the market, atop of her son bringing home a diva for her to contend with.
Teresa
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great twist

I really enjoyed the third book in the Sweeney Sisters saga. Here I am chugging along, tears flowing down my face as I read about the wedding, when I'm suddenly thrown into a state of shock! I love it when you're reading a book and suddenly gasp in amazement.

Love this series and the author's ability to pull you into the lives of the characters and have you invested in what they are experiencing.
Coco.V
Dec 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/18/2019)! 🎁
Brenda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Oh good grief! What I suspected by mid book was indeed the cliffhanger ending but now I have to go right to the next in the series to see what happens next, lol! First world bookish problems ;)
Patricia Markus
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boots and Bedlam doesnt disapoint

Boots and Bedlam is a great addition to the series but it leaves you hanging. Cant wait for Book #4.
Ann
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a relatively short novel but it packs a lot of story into its 130+ pages. We finally have Eli and Samantha's trip to the alter. They decide on a Christmas Eve wedding and it's touch and go with the store experiencing it's most busy time of the year. Throw in buying a new house, Jamie bringing home a girlfriend from college and a new caterer in town that seems too good to be true and a Christmas snow storm, you have a whirlwind month in the life of the Sweeney Sisters. The anticipation fo ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:
4.5
Favorite Quotes:

I wish I could, Jackie. But I can't afford your tastes. My credit cards have limits.

Sam hesitated. She'd rather have the dentist drill decay out of her tooth with no local anesthesia than spend the evening in Mimi's presence.

SoDiva - the blood sucking she-devil who has my son wrapped around her finger?

Like I tell my boys - the lessons we learn the hardest are the ones that teach us the most.

My Review:

Boots and Bedlam was a quick, entertaining, and eventful read. I j
Sue
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: southern-fiction
This is book 3 of the Sweeney sisters series but can be read as a stand alone without confusion. If you haven't read the first two books, you will want yo read them soon to learn more about this delightful family.

Samantha (Sam) and Eli want a Christmas Eve wedding but can they arrange it in only 4 weeks? To say that they have obstacles to their wedding, is putting it mildly. Finding a church, a pastor and a place for the reception are difficult enough but they are also buying a new house and nee
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
When I first started reading this I didn't realize it was a novella...and in a way was very sad that the story ended so soon! But it just left me wanting more and the final installment which will be coming up soon.

Sam has finally gotten over her fear of commitment and is ready to spend her life with Eli. I like how they are both recovering alcoholics and can help each other when temptation is too much. And there are times that it is very tempting.

Jamie brings home a friend for the holidays - a s
Katie W
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday, novella
What's more romantic than a Christmas Eve wedding? Not much, I tell you. Sam's dreams are finally coming true with a proposal from her love, Eli, but a lot of crazy chaos threatens their small, dream wedding. I haven't read any other books in this series and this story can stand alone, but be warned--there are a lot of characters and it took me awhile to sort out who is who.

Sam has an underage son, Jamie, who is in college and he seems to be such a great friend and support to his mother. I love
Alicia
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoop, another gem in the Sweeney Sisters series

Oh, oh! Another marriage; more drama, most of it good and surrounding the wedding; a move; a diva; teen issues; and some who low about their true intentions and who they really are.

As usual, such a realistic and beautiful portrayal of the relationship between these three sisters, all the cousins, significant others and those within the community. They face challenges as they arise, albeit not always head on initially. They come from a place of lo
Susan Trainor
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A white Christmas wedding

I can't imagine being a single mom raising a son, a really great kid. And such supportive family all females! She was going and left with a son to raise. And the horror a daughter of one of the sisters went through. More than one stranger in this story. Many secrets unveiled. A beautiful wedding for the single mom, Sam & Eli finally tie the knot on Christmas eve in a rustic chapel and the reception in their new home. You just have to read this book if you love romance an
Steffi
First of all I wasn't aware this book was part of a series when I requested it from Netgalley. I believed that it could be read as a standalone. I would say it's not completely possible.

There were two main things which bothered me in this book:

I guess I can now say that I am not a fan about reading the college boys mums. I felt way too young here even though I am in the age where I could have a teenager already. I just coudln't connect with the characters and neither their story.

The second thing
Angela
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story. Things have moved on since the second book and this story focuses primarily on Sam and her relationships changing with Eli and her son Jamie. The book focuses on her upcoming wedding and Jamie starting to venture out into the dating world and the lessons in life that follow that. The family is still closely knit together and things aren't as frantic or as stressful by focusing on Sam as a primary character instead of Sam and her sisters. The ending was a surprise and yet at th ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This was a sweet novella set towards my favorite time of year, Christmas! I am a sucker for Christmas love stories, and I felt this story came right from the hallmark channel! It may have had parts that I felt were a little too predictable, but overall I enjoyed the flow of the stories and the character interactions.

I think the part I enjoyed the most was that it wasn't all roses in planning this Christmas Eve wedding. There were several bumps along the way, both wedding and non-wedding related
sharon mason
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam, Sam, Sam, quit quit worrying!

It's only a wedding, but wazza, the steps leading up to the altar, what a ride! Sam is in a tizzy, ready to call the whole thing off the moment anything occurs which may stop the wedding, Eli is still in shock that Sam has finally said yes, Jamie brings a surprise guest, Faith steps up, Annie cooks, Jackie plans and Sean ,& Cooper go fishing. What more could wedding need? A licence, a minister, a church, a reception, music, flowers, food and a dress. However the
J
Just like life, there is so much to do. This book is about Sam who is planning on getting married on Christmas Eve. But with all Ashely Farley's books, there are lots of things going on. I love that when I sit down to read one of her books, I know I am in for a ride that will be so full of life. Even though there is lots going on, it seems to just flow right along, like this is everyday life. She also has a way of making me feel I am right there with them and my the end of the story, I feel I ha ...more
Jeanne Maliner
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I really liked this novel, it was entirely too short; hence the reason for four stars instead of five. It is mostly about Sam and her son, Jamie, and Eli. There is someone who puts a wrench into Christmas, but it shall be handled by the end of the book, where another mystery develops. Don't miss it.
andi cannon
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing family love and drama with the Sweeney sisters.

Really enjoying the continued stories of these busy, family oriented and living ladies. Each with different personalities, but such deep love and respect for each other and family. Looking forward to the last book in the series.
Melodie Taylor
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy Ending

The Sweeney Sisters series has my full attention. Book number 3 is the best so far! I have had a difficult time putting it down. The holidays called me away from my reading more than I would like. That real life situation compared well to the action in the book. I can’t wait to start the next book in the series!
Kevin Kern
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, the middle sister continues to drive me to distraction, I like this series. This was a one day read and I actually did a few other things, too. It was lighter then the book, "Grace" and what I needed. The themes of addiction, play a big part in these books and it is all handled honestly and well. There is a great twist at the end, so I hope I have #4.
Nancy Martinez
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

When I first started reading this book I thought Samantha will never make up her mind and I truly felt sorry for her for letting such a wonderful man go. Then when the new caterer came Into town and started focusing on the Sweeny's I just knew who she would end up being and I was right. Now I can't wait to read the next book.
Carole
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweeney family is the greatest.

I am in love with the Sweeneys. They are the kind of family I would like to have. They have problems but work together to solve them. I particularly like Samantha and am so glad she and Eli got married. I recommend this book to any hopeless romantic, like myself!
Betty Davidge
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Episode three...the sisters Sweeney...

The story moves on with Sam and Eli and all the other family
through more tough problems being weathered and solved along the way. I really am enjoying reading this author. This being the second series of hers I’ve read..I thank you for all the good readings 🙏💕
Ruth Miller
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book I could not put it down. I really enjoyed the ups and downs each character met. r

It allowed me put myself in the shoes of boots of each character' and live beside them and feel the ups and downs. It certainly keep me into the wee hoirs.Can not wait to start number 4.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
If you want to look charming try boot type formal shoes. 1 1 Jun 12, 2020 01:01AM

• The Impossible Wish (Liberty, #3)
  • The Family Journal
  • Treasure Me (Liberty, #2)
  • The Season of Silver Linings (A Sweet Lake Novel Book 3)
  • Four Wishes (Liberty, #4)
  • Second Chance Grill (Liberty, #1)
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge (Liberty, #5)
  • True to Me (By the Sea)
  • Spring House
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon, #1)
  • Saltwater Studios (Westcott Bay, #2)
  • The Road She Left Behind
  • Beach Wedding (Emerald Isle, NC #3)
  • Miss Janie's Girls
  • Saltwater Cove (Westcott Bay, #1)
  • Beach Winds (Emerald Isle, NC #2)

Ashley Farley writes books about women for women. Her characters are mothers, daughters, sisters, and wives facing real-life issues. Her bestselling Sweeney Sisters series has touched the lives of many.

Ashley is a wife and mother of two young adult children. While she's lived in Richmond, Virginia for the past 21 years, a piece of her heart remains in the salty marshes of the

Sweeney Sisters (5 books)
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters #2)
  • Tangle of Strings (Sweeney Sisters Series, #4)
  • Saturdays at Sweeney's (Sweeney Sisters #5)

News & Interviews