Start by marking “Eye of the Beholder (The Donovans, #5)” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Beholder (The Donovans, #5)

Eye of the Beholder

(The Donovans #5)

Go to Vegas… Accidentally marry a good girl…

Published October 18th 2016 by Sankofa Girl

Coco.V
Feb 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
A Sexy STANDALONE romance from USA Today Bestselling Author Nana Malone!!

Go to Vegas…Accidentally marry a good girl…

Logan Cross has nearly destroyed his career with his bad boy antics, and marrying his best friend’s little sister, Jezebel, has to be the stupidest thing he’s ever done. Now he needs a quickie divorce so that he can get back to cutting ties with his father’s record label. But when he discovers that the only way to get free of Dad is to be m
Ivy Deluca
description

The Good.
BBW Puerto Rican heroine, you say? Sign me up. Yes, I'm BBW and I'm Puerto Rican and I always love seeing my peeps being represented. It doesn't happen often enough, though I think the message is getting out and there are more. There are some sexy times and the story begins with great promise.

The Bad.
....and then way too many plot devices spoiled this soapy story. This felt like it was trying to be everything to everyone. There's missing siblings, surprise marriage turned into marriage
Manda
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up for free and I am so glad that I did I love books that have depth to them and this one has that in spades both of the characters have there problems. Logan with hi s father and the passing of his brother Felix. While Jezabel has her own heartbreak getting over the descovery thaat herr sister has died beffore she could find her again after they were adopted sepreatly. But love concers all when adversity comes a calling when Jezabel finds out that her sister isn't dead but alive a ...more
Chris
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm it's ok

The story itself is interesting and I like the two main characters. But the writing felt... choppy? Not sure that's the right word. But between the lack of flow and the grammar issues, I couldn't bring myself to finish. :(

A couple of spell check examples: past vs passed, heel vs heal.

Sometimes the way sentences were structured I wondered if Ms. Malone is a teenager? Or perhaps English is a second language?

I did note that a line editor is listed in the copyright info.

Ms. Malone, if
Teresa Lara
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing beautiful intense emotional love story.So Loved Logan and Jezzie so looking forward to more of this family
The_Book_Queen
Feb 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Currently $0.99 (02/13) http://amzn.to/2GXeJqm
P.
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm loving the Donovan series. Jezzie and Logan's story did not disappoint. Jezzie is the calm to Logan's enjoyment of life. Logan is her link to living life in the now. Case in point - Vegas.

I was not feeling Jezzie's BFF, Charlotte. Such an envious hater. Maria just damn really? Nik, Nik, Nik.... Nik and Maria would have made a great pairing. If there was ever a case for being able to choose your family this is it.

This series is worth the read.
Mindy
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Jezzie and Logan. I was pretty much swooning the entire time. Also add in some suspense and girl I was hooked!
Viper Spaulding
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! I love quickie surprise Vegas wedding stories, and this one is one of the best. It starts with Jezzie and her brother's best friend, Logan, both in Vegas for their careers, and it quickly transitions into a marriage of convenience story when they get back home. For very different reasons, each one finds that they need to be married, so they agree to stay legally hitched until their goals are realized. But that's only the tip of the iceberg!

The reason behind each of them n
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Dumbstruck

Where do I begin? This story had premise but it just fell flat for me. Here’s why!!! How do you go from hating each other to like getting along in a instance? Then why is it both of their families are out to get them both?? I felt like the author was trying to put four different stories into one. Not to mention a mixture of genres. It was a little suspense, very little romance and then a whole a lot of sex that would qualify as erotic. It’s fine I’m no prude but when essentially every
Dawn Myers
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Eye of the Beholder, but it became very rambling in some areas. It also had a couple of twist with Jezzie and Logan's families. Sometimes the story got a little confusing. Nana Malone did a good job with the family dynamic and showing the differences. I love the Donovan family and how they had Jezzie's back no matter what. I loved how strong Jezzie is and doesn't even no it. She gives the benefit of doubt to her friend, but yet had the strength to cut her loose when it was time. I love ...more
Robin
Jul 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really hate giving books a 1 ⭐but this book was like a poorly written soap opera. Perhaps if I’d read the other books in the series, I wouldn’t feel like the story started in the middle and never gave me the history I needed to catch up. But good series do that in every book, if necessary, in case you need a refresher or missed a book.
I didn’t like any of the characters because I didn’t have enough information to form any kind of opinion about them. There was little depth. Lots of drama but l
Linda Ketter
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a whirlwind ... Find out your sister is dead, she has an orphaned daughter, go to Vegas for a photo shoot, run in to your brother's best friend, get drunk, get married and wake up in bed naked next to new husband.

To top it all off, you have a best friend that's the devil in disguise and a brother-in-law who wants your husband dead. And let's not forget the "dead" sister who is really alive and scamming you.

Talk about suspense and drama. I had to keep reading to see what else was goin
Lebrondae Shei
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read

I have loved to read about the Donovan's siblings. I would like to read about the parents; how they met and managed to raise all these children and maintain their love and respect for each other, their reasons for adopting, their morals, ethics, how they have struggled to finance the children. I hope Nana Malone will give us these insights, into what a parental view in raising such a family as these wonderful adults have become. I have love to enjoy to read so much about.
Aimee
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Good story

I enjoyed this story. I haven't read the other books in the series, and I picked everything up quickly. Jezzie and Logansport were both complex and interesting. The plot was a new take on waking up in Vegas married trope, at least one I hadn't read before. I liked that Jezzie had a great family. So many times the characters are all from bad homes and the diversity was refreshing.
Just a side note, the book ended around 82% and the rest was a look at a different book. It really throws m
Kellie Lalor
Missed it by that much

I liked this book & was very engrossed for most of it. But then everything blew up & I felt that the book then lost it's way. Both characters lives imploded in very different ways & I felt that neither issue was explored properly, that both were kind of glossed over without all of the details.

I did like the build up & character development of the leads but with such a big family it was at times hard to keep all the names in order.

I probably should've read al
Sophie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye of the Beholder

I have to give this a 4 star rating because the first third of the book didn't seem compelling enough for me. After 30 % things actually started moving and the story was interesting enough to read. I love how the Donovan's look for each other though I was confused till the end how many children are in the family. (She has 6 sisters and 5 brothers or sth like that) I wish this was mentioned at the beginning so the reader doesn't get confused like I did.
Mazmum
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, I really wanted to love this book, but there were just too many things thrown into the mix, that the whole thing started to feel jumbled and unfocused. Both of them with the family 'drama' to contend with, and words thrown around with no care. It just was all a bit too much. It's got the base of a decent story, but just being weighed down by the kitchen sink thrown at it.
Angie E
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I should have started this series with book 1.... but good thing is that you don’t need to read in order. Logan is my new book boyfriend. You can’t help but fall in love with Jez and Logan. There was so much going on in the story that it keeps you hooked in. This is the first book I have read by this author and it won’t be the last. Worth a read.
Lisa Lawson
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye of the Beholder Review

A well-written romance with a twist of suspense that involves a sexy rocker and a curvy model. A night of fun and lots of alcohol in Vegas leads to a marriage neither wanted but instead of the planned annulment, they stay married for their own personal reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.
Opinionated
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda cute but a little confusing at times.

Prior to reading this story I wish I had read the earlier books in the series. Although not vital to I think it may have helped me follow things a little more fully, and grasped entire concepts at the time.
Still an enjoyable read.
Thanks Nana.
Fiona West
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
"Okay" sums it up. Sadly, it needed better copyediting; that detracted from the enjoyment of the book for me. And it was very twisty, which I don't mind, but it wasn't what I was expecting when I started it. Maybe a little...too twisty. Loved the diverse rep and the warm adoptive family dynamic...but overall, it didn't really work for me.
Ebony
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meant to be!

Jezzie and Logan were made for each other before they were ready to admit it. They made the mistake of getting married and ended up needing each other more than they expected. What seemed like a mutually beneficial relationship ended up being a beautiful but complicated love story.
Diane
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

Not as good as the others in the series. Too many baddies or unsavoury characters that quite frankly didn’t get their comeuppance. Jezzie wasn’t the most likeable character for me but just felt the storyline lacked something. I kept putting the book down unlike the others that I couldn’t stop reading.
Shell
Feb 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Kindle freebie. Why did I expect any better? Ugh. Ridiculous premise but I thought maybe it would be cute and fun. Instead, it dragged on and on. At one point, I thought it must be almost done but it was only about 40% over. Not sure why I finished it, other than pure stubbornness about quitting books. This is a series and no way will I read any others.
Caroline Abernethy
Young 'I did something stupid' love

Love story with a twist, get married by mistake then fall in love. Seems a bit of a stupid idea, but the books free so fine to read. There are two back stories that lead into family betrayal, so that gives it more depth. Could do with one more editing proof read, as there are a few mistakes.
Shonda
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I've been in a reading slump lately and this story gave me my "reading-mojo" back! I loved how Jezzie was a strong and bold woman. Logan was strong and fierce protector of what was his. I enjoyed the fact that they were able to reconnect and find happiness with one another (well, with some hiccups along the way)! Give this book a read if you like sweet & heartfelt romances!!
Kristina
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked this one up for free and wasn't too disappointed. The story itself is interesting and I like the characters, but the writing often seemed to lose its flow. Overall, it was a quick and fun read. I'm not sure I liked it enough to read the rest of the series though.
Truusje
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't really like story, especially all that surprise villains at the end. The hero and heroine didn't have any friends that weren't past/future heroes and heroines in this series. Lots of inconsistencies and it needed some better editing as well.
Michelle Hammond
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good read. Really loved this story. It had a good storyline classic drunk in Vegas big mistake, followed by a marriage of convenience with lots of passion & obstacles in the way. Can't say too much without giving it away so get it & read it. Hot rock star & caring model what's not to like.
« previous 1 3 next »

• You got to Me (Love on Tour, #3)
  • Nate (Cocky Cage Fighter, #6)
  • Love Resolution (Brutal Strength, #3; Black Cat Records, #3)
  • Hidden in the Stars (Falling Stars, #2)
  • Zane & Intimate Seduction
  • Broken Wings (Gods of Chaos MC, #3)
  • Lessons In Losing It (Study Abroad #4)
  • Wreck
  • Long Ride (The Slayers MC #3)
  • Night of the Fallen (Dark Tides, #2)
  • Angels (Celestra)
  • Touched (Thornton Brothers, #1)
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Love and Decay Omnibus: Season One (Love and Decay, #1-12)
  • A Summer for Scandal (Arroyo Blanco, 1)
  • Hush (Fighting Fate, #2)
  • Echoes of Summer (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Mohawk Moon (Mohawk, #1)
Nana's love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin. It was a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana, and Nana was a precocious thirteen. She's been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.

Waitin

The Donovans (6 books)
  • Come Home Again (The Donovans, #1)
  • Love Reality (The Donovans, #2)
  • Race for Love (The Donovans, #3)
  • Love in Plain Sight (The Donovans, #4)
  • Lovestruck (The Donovans, #6)