Jump to ratings and reviews

Alpha Prez and the First Lady's Secret Weapon

With guns like these, who needs the Second Amendment?

Terrorism. Corruption. Lawlessness.

Criminals are literally getting away with murder while career congressmen sit in their ivory towers, wringing their hands, calling each other names, and pointing fingers.

The American people are fed up with the same old empty promises from politicians. It’s time to elect a president who will kick some ass.

Enter Jake Hammer, the sexy-as-hell senator and presidential hopeful from Massachusetts. His stance on combating terrorism is as hard as his abs. His commitment to pound purveyors of corruption into submission makes his constituents swoon. His vow to nail criminals leaves female citizens breathless.

With a landslide sweep of the Electoral College, Jake and his mysterious new bride Setta are heading to the White House, but neither the president nor the first lady are what they seem. When a dangerous enemy from his past returns, their marriage may not be the only thing under fire. The country he worked so hard to save could go up in smoke.

Now, more than ever, the United States needs a hero.

Alpha Prez to the rescue.

--------------
* This action/adventure story contains adult language, a sizzling side of hot sex, and lots of law breaking. It is not appropriate for readers under the age of 18.

** No politicians, political parties, or feelings (I hope!) were harmed during the making of this novel. This story was written in good fun and is not intended to push any political agenda.

*** Laugh! It’s better than crying. :-)

ebook

First published October 16, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kendall Grey

29 books1,611 followers
A whale warrior, marathoner wannabe, and vodka martini aficionado, Kendall Grey is calm like an F-bomb*. She writes books about fierce women in genres ranging from erotica to urban fantasy comedy. Her aliases include Kendall Day (FALLING FOR MR. SLATER) and Seven Slade (COMING OUT).

Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia with her dashing geek husband, a one-eyed Dachshund that thinks she's a cat, and an incorrigible yet adorable mutt whose ice-blue eyes will steal your heart and hold it for ransom.

*Detonation manual not included.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
1 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews
Profile Image for Shannon Diaz.
226 reviews
November 4, 2016
this book was funny and had lots of amazing ridiculousness but it was a good ride. I liked it.
32 reviews
November 4, 2016
Oh Ms Grey, how I love thee. I really enjoyed this story and hope you continue developing these characters.
Profile Image for Rachel.
411 reviews6 followers
November 27, 2018
This was a hysterical, quick read with lots of witty banter to go along with a bit of suspense and mystery. I thought the characters were great.
Profile Image for Mindy Guerreiros.
Author 1 book92 followers
October 20, 2016
Ladies, the polls are in. It's official, we now have your next bbf, Jake Hammer!

I'm so happy I snatched this book right up and read it the moment I had the opportunity. Which needless to say was as soon as it went live. Well, if that doesn't tell you how excited I was for this book then I don't know what would. Of course the moment something Kendall writes comes out I'm on it. Kendall just has this naturally gifted way of pulling you right in. She's one of the handful of authors who's book I know I will definitely read in one sitting even if I have to stay up all night to finish it. I'm greedy. I'm greedy and I want it all and I don't want to wait for it. I'm done reading and yet I still want more. Ding ding...Round 2!?! Hell yes, I'm in for another go with Jake for sure!

So for me, this movie had it all! Hey did you catch that? I said movie. Well, I said that on purpose because honestly, this book for me was like watching a movie. It had descriptions so perfect that as I was reading, I felt like I was seeing it all play out. I heard their voices in my head as they spoke. I felt like I was right there with them feeling the emotions, the thrills, the excitement, the suspense, and the adrenaline. And YES, I felt the hormones too. This is Kendall we're talking about here, she writers crazy good sex scenes. Now, if only I could have actually felt the way Jake...omg wait, I can't say anything more...no spoilers here. My reviews are always my thoughts and feelings. If you want a review that recaps the whole book play by play then, I suggest you look elsewhere or just do one better...read the book for yourself and see what you think. I'm thinking you'll be happy!
Profile Image for Christina.
1,363 reviews100 followers
October 30, 2016
Jake is the president elect and has just celebrated his fake marriage to Setta. Neither particularly like each other but voters are likely to be a little more comfortable with the idea of a first family, versus a bachelor in the White House. But when the two arrive in Dubai for their honeymoon, trouble follows. Jake is on a mission, and so is Setta, but neither is privy to their own agendas. When both of their lives are on the line, will they find out that there are more feelings there than they had realized? Or is Setta holding back with feelings for someone else?

Marketed as an over the top, fun book to make you laugh during this very depressing election season, it certainly delivers. There is a whole lot of tongue in cheek humor and suspension of disbelief is a must. The ending is a little open-ended, hopefully Grey might open another chapter of our hero Prez’s adventures. Grey delivers a hot, hilarious story in a way only she can. If you need some relief from the scarefest that is the 2016 election, look no further.
Profile Image for Cindy.
2,216 reviews133 followers
October 19, 2016
Yes – this is what we need!! A super hero in the White House. The name is Jake... Jake Hammer. And boy does he like to put that hammer down.

This book is made up of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues – other wise satire.

Soon to be elected President Jake Hammer needed a wife. He thought he was just getting someone to pose and look pretty during public engagements. Turns out Setta is way more than a pretty face and 10 times as deadly.

This book had it all – suspense, a hero with a big ego secretly fighting the evil's in the world, plenty of sexual tension and a wife that turned out to be his secret weapon in his fight for justice.
Profile Image for K.K..
635 reviews22 followers
October 26, 2016
This was absolutely fun and ridiculous read. I loved it a lot. The only issue I had was some sexual innundoes that I found both funny and lame. They were so ridiculous I practically laughed and said "WTF!!?" at the same time. I choke, of course.. and even ended up hiccuping. It was real funny.

Spoilers!!

...But throw her an ab-flaunting, square-jawed, biceps-toting badass whose only positive characteristic was the righteous angle of his pelvic thrusts, and suddenly, she was a marshmallow on the end of his stick, begging him to drop her into the fire.

With Jake’s Big Dipper ladling her honeypot every night, she could probably find a way to tolerate his more annoying qualities.

4.25 Stars
Profile Image for Iza.
1,104 reviews5 followers
October 20, 2016
I absolutely loved it, up until the ending. I didn't like it. At all. I was disappointed by it.

But otherwise, the story line, the characters, everything was really good. It was very different from the books I've read by Kendall, so she surprised me in the best way, but that ending...

It could have been - it started out - as a 5-star book. Got down to 3. Can't give more than that and I'm sorry about it. Oh well. This doesn't mean I won't read Kendall's other books because I love her style.
Profile Image for Angie.
491 reviews6 followers
October 24, 2016
Omg. I read this book in one sitting. I was hooked from the beginning. I loved that characters and their crazy relationship. Jake Hammer and Setta are a fantastic match. Their lifestyles may seem different but aren't really when hey finally come to terms with how things are between them. Absolutely one of my favorite books by Kendall Grey. 5/5 big stars from me & T&A Book Blog
Profile Image for Christine.
605 reviews2 followers
March 3, 2017
Excellent, entertaining read.

I just loved this story. The two main characters have chemistry that is off the charts. They are equally sassy, charismatic with some alpha mixed in. The whole story whilst having some lol one liners has real grit, action and a truly great storyline.
Profile Image for Landra Graf.
Author 29 books85 followers
December 21, 2016
Raunchy, naughty, adventurous, and so worth an escape to fantasy island. This book is ridiculous in all the good ways. Thoroughly enjoyed and can't recommend enough.
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.