Start by marking “The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers, #15)

The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers #15)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,984 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews

The Find-Outers is a clever mystery series from bestselling author Enid Blyton, and perfect for fans of The Secret Seven.

Ern is back visiting Mr Goon, which gives him and the Find-Outers the perfect chance to explore Banshee Towers. But there's more secrets to the towers than the screaming banshees. Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, Bets and Buster the Dog have one last case to

Published October 6th 2016 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Banshee Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Banshee Towers

somuchreading
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-now
ένα από τα 2-3 καλύτερα της αγαπημένης μου παιδικής σειράς, παραμένει δροσερό και πλακατζίδικο μετά από τόσα χρόνια. ο Φρέντυ ήταν άνετα ένας από τους ήρωες της παιδικής μου ηλικίας
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Findouters challenge: Book 15. The final book of the findouters series, this marks the end of my findouters challenge which I began last October. This one opens a little differently from the rest as while the children are setting out to receive Fatty as usual, this time around he comes by bus rather than train. There is no mystery waiting for Fatty to solve at the start, and as the childrens’ parents want them out of their hair, they suggest the children go on expeditions to different places aro ...more
Suyash  Gupta
ENID BLYTON NEVER GETS BORING!!
Reading an Enid Blyton's novel is like revisiting the childhood days. Every time i delve into Enid Blyton's world,i feel a longing to be one of her characters.Even after having read so many authors,i still feel she is among the most vivid authors i have come across.
Even this recent novel of hers that i read,didn't disappoint me a bit.It was enthralling from the beginning to the end.This is about five kids apparently headed by Fatty,who has recently returned from
Lila
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ini pertama kali saya membaca buku karangan Enid Blyton dan rasanya langsung jatuh cinta. Dibandingkan dengan Misteri Nuri Gagap yang kasusnya sudah jelas dari awal (hilangnya burung nuri), buku ini justru memancing pembaca untuk mencari tahu apa kasusnya: pasti sesuatu yang berhubungan dengan Banshee Tower. Dan tiap lembarannya membuat saya makin ingin tahu dan ikutan menebak: apa kasusnya, kenapa dan siapa? Dan lagoi-lagi tebakan saya tidak tepat benar hahaha...
Dari sisi teknis, sinopsis belak
Kirsti
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a book I bought a few months ago and never read before putting it away. I always enjoy stories about Fatty and the others, but I guess I assumed I'd already read this one when I in fact hadn't. I liked how quickly the mystery was wrapped up, and the story behind it all. Ern is a delight, with his Coos and whatnot. Goon is as loveable a bungler as ever. The Mystery of Banshee Towers, like all Enid Blyton books, five stars!
Vaijayanthi
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is really an interesting one. I should say that it is the best one by Enid Blyton in the mystery series.
Dion Yulianto
Seri Enyd Blynton kayaknya disusun berurutan sesuai kadar gawat-tidaknya. Sapta Siaga menurut saya yang paling ringan. Disusul dengan Pasukan Mau Tahu, lalu serial Lima Sekawan, kemudian dipuncaki oleh seri Petualangan. Sungguh beruntung mereka yang berkesempatan membaca semua seri ini di masa kecil dan remajanya. Buat yang belum, tidak ada kata terlambat untuk berkelana ke lembah rahasia, menelusuri lorong bawah tanah, dan mengejar kereta api hantu bersama Dinah, Bets, dan Fatty.
Alex
Dec 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series, Enid Blyton fans
A great story (well, all the books in the series are). One of my absolute favourite Enid Blyton stories. Ever.
Ishita
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Mystery of Banshee Towers was the best novel in all of the five find outer series...worth reading..cheers!!
Aman
i like this book i want read once more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vivek Padiyan
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first ever novel that I read. This one sparked my interest in reading fiction. Nothing like a nice warm Enid Blyton novel, when you're in high school!
Garima arora
noooooo
i want more
Natasha ⚡️
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will miss reading these, I really wish there was more. I would of love to have read when Fatty was older and joined Inspector Jenks.
Catherine Ryan
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another enjoyable Blyton mystery
Nobi Nobes
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was brilliant! I loved it!
Payton
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing
Shaambhavi Pathak
"What's happening now? How is it something always happens when that fat boy is about?", he grunts. "Pooh, what a smell of mint. One of these days, Master Frederick Trotteville, I'll get the better of you! You see if I don't!"

I always get nostalgic when I read Ms. Blyton's books. Her books make me transcend into my childhood days and the beautiful, fragrant memories I grew up with. I remember, I used to sit outside on the cot during winter holidays and read her books. Sadly, here in India,
fRee
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
agak bingung baca cover belakang edisi ini...
ditulis "Saksikan bagaimana tujuh anak plus dua anjing memecahkan misteri yang luar biasa itu!"

tapi kalo dihitung cuma ada enam anak (Fatty, Pip, Bets, Larry, Daisy & Ern) plus dua anjing (Buster & Bingo)...trus yang satu anak lagi ke mana?

anyway...ceritanya terlalu terfokus pada Fatty dan sedikit Ern...lalu anak-anak yang lain ngapain ya? cuma figuran? apa cuma nemenin Fatty naek sepeda? hehehe...

bagaimanapun, ini buku kenangan masa kecil...z
Vibha★
3 stars

The last book in the series written by Enid Blyton,The Five Find-Outers and Dog.I had always loved reading these books by Enid Blyton but this last book did not reach my expectations.I had assumed that the author would give us an amazing conclusion to the series but unfortunately,that did not happen.Anyways,goodbye the Five Find-Outers and Dog!
Rohan
Oct 15, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
A nice book but was of lower standard than the fine normal standard enid blyton has.I would recommend this book to 10-12 year olds.It does not have the same gripping action as the hardy boys has but it has more of thinking and new tricks in it.
Shashank Sm
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever you get bored or out of books 'ENID BLYTON' is the best author to keep ourselves thrilled no matter how old you might be but you just cant stop reading,loving the 'FIVE FIND-OUTERS AND THE DOG."AS USUAL FATTY IS AT HIS BEST.
Jake Collins
May 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This seems more like an extremely watered down Famous Five adventure than a Find-Outers mystery. The characterisation is poor, the pace is too slow and the plot is weak. As with other Blyton books from the '60s, this one is inglorious, verging on unreadable.
Kathrieba
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novel..
Aparna Herlekar
it was nice but now i have realized it....they are growing KIDDISH!!
Tommy Verhaegen
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper_nl, youth-all
Laatste boek van de reeks. Beetje vergezocht maar leest vlot.
Eunice
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why are there 'Famous Five' but also 'Five Find-Outers'? Hell I don't even remember this series being called the 'Find-outers' when I first read it. I iz confused.
Astha Agrawal
this bookm is too good!!!!
help 2 7 Aug 01, 2014 08:02AM
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Jennings Goes To School
  • Lima Sekawan: Melacak Topeng Hitam (7)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • Uma Aventura na Ilha Deserta
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton

The Five Find-Outers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Secret Room (The Five Find-Outers, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Hidden House (The Five Find-Outers, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Thief (The Five Find-Outers, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Vanished Prince (The Five Find-Outers, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Invisible
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Fix (Amos Decker, #3)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Hush
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew series)
    $14.99 $3.99
  • The Historian
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Hellfire Club
    $13.99 $4.99
  • The Panther  (John Corey, #6)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
  • 15 Seconds
    $6.99 $1.99
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99